1. Check out our latest video "One Piece Discussion: Wano Hype!" and discuss it with us!
  2. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

Mugiwara Hat is 3rd Great Weapon theory

Discussion in 'One Piece Manga' started by R1pp3r D. Pervert, Jun 4, 2018.

1. R1pp3r D. Pervert

Unofficial forum mod
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

... No clue if this style of theory was already given so here are my 2 cents on it...

Back in marineford or great war arc or war of the best ... w/e you wanna call it ... Mihawk stated that Luffy possesses most formidable ability on the sea.
    Before that, it was also noted that he rallies people around him as allies.
    After seening that huge cliffhanger in latest chapter - about Mugiwara hat being in some cold storage, and Mingo implying its their great treasure or w/e, it made me think of it from this POV...

Uranus is god of the sky... personification of sky is wind... wind rallies everything... clouds, smell, waves,... in a way Luffy similarly rallies allies...

So yea... Mugiwara hat is basically 3rd ancient weapon... And what Roger found on Raftel among other stuff might also be how to ''improve'' its abilities so that it doesn't rot away,... Unlike how Mingo implied that it rots faster then you'd thought (thus it being stored in cold conditions... )

I know i know holes in theory like Roger had hat before voyage and all but lets not forget that Roger AND shanks after him both also rallied lots of people around em. ...

Yea silly short theory... give me your thoughts xD ...

kinda came to me after watching episode 470 xD ... i'm silly xD

2. KKG

KKG
    Biggest Kiss x Sis Fan
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

The WG will never think about searching for a Great Weapon in a Straw Hat.
    The ability to get allies is formidable by itself but this would be some kind of charisma of the character.
    I'm not sure how the Straw Hat itself could be a weapon but let's not forget the Great Weapons are technology that even the WG fears so i could imagine the Straw Hat being some kind of key or switch to one of the Great Weapons like Uranus,the one you're talking.
    It's a nice concept and very original.:cool:

3. TonzChopper

Expand Collapse

I think the hat is an indication that they are now able to make a Pacifista-version of "The worst Generation" or.... Is that a time travel room?

4. GoldenVenus

Expand Collapse

I doubt the straw hat is Uranus. But it might have a role in all this. If what @Seiryu said is true and Oda's just trolling with us regarding the straw hat I'm gonna kick someone's ass lol.

But I still believe that the straw hat plays a role in all this, but it's definitely not the ancient weapon. No one would simply place an ancient weapon there. Even if it's in a vault, it's too risky. I don't think Luffy's ability to get people to become his allies has anything to do with this. That's just his own power, that's who he is, doesn't have anything to do with any ancient weapon.

Personally though, I don't like how Oda is making the mugiwara a big deal in all this drama. Perhaps @Seiryu is right, he just wants to outsmart us lol XD

5. GoldenVenus

Expand Collapse

What's the connection between the hat and pacifista? Would be glad if you could explain more

6. Smoothie

Expand Collapse

I saw in a video the has to do something with the ancient Kingdom. The shadow we saw is supposed to be the queen and the King is frozen (he is the national treasure). The queen is waiting for a prophecy about this hat, staring Luffy's post.
    Sounds crazy hahaha, but you never know. Too soon to assume...

7. Zeek

Luffy's Grappling Coach
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Mugiwara already means Straw Hat. So the title of this thread is currently "Straw Hat Hat" which is quite redundant.

Marine slasher and ZakNik like this.
  8. Monkey D. Yue

Expand Collapse

Right, instant kills by throwing the hat... wait, Mario Odyssey already used that concept.

9. R1pp3r D. Pervert

Unofficial forum mod
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Law fan so every time i call luffy out is Law style of calling mugiwara-ya xD

Zeek likes this.
  10. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

Not quite..."mugiwara boushi" is the true term for "straw hat". Oda uses "Mugiwara" as a name for Luffy when other people call him (to refer to him as "straw hat" or members of the "straw hat crew"). "Mugiwara" by pure Japanese definition is only straw (wheat or barley). Essentially "Mugiwara" has been incorrectly translated from a literal standpoint, but is correct in terms of context.

Behnam likes this.
  11. TonzChopper

Expand Collapse

More like cloning luffy. It means that the last part that they cloned would be luffy's straw hat, and pacifista-luffy was already made.

12. Lugz

Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Assuming the hat shown in 907 and stored in cold storage once belong to Rogers, maybe they wanted to preserve his DNA. It could be that some hair or dandruff still stuck in there.

Sorry, silly after watching Megamind the nth time (my son loves this, so no choice)... did the same in that movie.

13. Z H A M. C i O

Expand Collapse

Let us think that the Straw Hat is the indication of person/people that can turn the OPW upside down, as Roger had it before, the Shanks but shortly after seeing the same personality of Luffy and Roger. That is why Shanks give the Straw Hat to Luffy. As the WG seeing Luffy causing many troubles, Im-sama now is aware about Luffy as Descendant of the Ancient People, Shirahoshi as the Poseidon, and Blackbeard as the 1st person acquire 2 DF powers and especially VIvi-chan had a knowledge about the Pluto.

Your thoughts.