1. Check out our latest video "One Piece Discussion: Wano Hype!" and discuss it with us!
  2. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

My Thoughts on Supernovas and the Worst Generation

Discussion in 'One Piece General' started by Zeek, Mar 13, 2018.

1. Zeek

Luffy's Grappling Coach
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Supernova.png
    I'm just now starting to understand the distinction between "The Worst Generation" and "The Eleven Supernova". Simply put the 11 Supernova is explicitly the pirates that all arrived at Sabaody Archipelago with 100m+ Bounties. The current order of Supernovas based off Bounties [most of which need a bump unless they're really not accomplishing anything]:

Monkey D. Luffy [500,000,000]
    Luffy will skyrocket after this current arc and continue to leave the majority of the Supernovas in the dirt. He is on a collision course with destiny to continue his path towards the crown. Honestly, none of the other Supernovas have shown remotely as much promise as Luffy. I know he's the main character but I don't see any competition for him amongst the Supernova. Law is sharp but he was rather disappointing, from a combat standpoint, in this last arc.
    Trafalgar D. Water Law [500,000,000]
    Eustass Kid [470,000,000]
    Scratchmen Apoo [350,000,000]
    Basil Hawkins [320,000,000]
    Rorano Zoro [320,000,000]
    Capone Bege [300,000,000]
    X Drake [222,000,000]
    Killer [200,000,000]
    Jewelry Bonney [140,000,000]
    Urouge [108,000,000]

*will finish later. Have to go lol

Juggy likes this.
  2. Glaze D. Bacon

The Fool
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Won't Bege get an increased bounty for working against Big Mom as well?

Storm chaser and Zeek like this.
  3. Yuuzume

Slayer Candidate
    Busoshoku Haki Member of the Season
    Expand Collapse

To be completely fair,the number of one's bounty represents the threat that the pose to the WG,the Marines and the civilians.That's why at Sabaody,Kid had a higher bounty than Law,even though Law is potentially stronger,and Luffy who had waged war against the WG itself.So if we rank the Supernovas based on their bounty,we're basically ranking them based on the threat they pose to those 3 entities,not their fighting abilities or potential.

Storm chaser and Zeek like this.
  4. KKG

KKG
    Biggest Kiss x Sis Fan
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

How about Black Beard's bounty?

5. Glaze D. Bacon

The Fool
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Also this.

6. mysticalflute

Expand Collapse

Wouldn't Blackbeard be with the Yonko instead of the Supernovas now though?

7. KKG

KKG
    Biggest Kiss x Sis Fan
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

He became a Yonko after killing White Beard and taking his place,but he is part of the worst generation too.

8. Zeek

Luffy's Grappling Coach
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Worst generation yes. Supernova, technically no.

9. WiseMofo69

Trouvaille
    Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

• While some of the supernovas absolutely got destroyed and others working for Yonko, Luffy is the one who's holding his own right now. Either by smart alliances, his own and his crew tremendous combat skills, and a little bit of luck.
    • Trafalgar Law is sure riding the Straw Hats' wave at the moment.
    • Bege is obviously a sneaky one but I can't picture he will survive in the New World without forging a stable alliance with one of the supernovas. The Straw Hats is probably his most convenient choice after all they've been through at the Whole Cake Island.
    • The other supernovas are quite the disappointment as of right now. I don't know if they're like Bege, working under Yonko and later would turn on them.
    IMHO all of the supernovas should work together with The Straw Hats if they want to survive without being a Yonko's b*tch.

10. Storm chaser

Rock n' Roll
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

What others have said, and also, theres a bunch of these that we havent even seen fighting.. Like only a glmipse of them. Kinda hard to say what they can, and cannot do based on that.

11. Booker

Not A Member
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

You already shared these thoughts here: https://opforum.net/threads/supernovas-its-just-not-their-time.67844/#post-849123
    (Where I'm technically still waiting for an answer; leading me to assume to this thread is now officially discontinued, too, lol)
    Also, taking 5 1/2 months to understand the difference between Supernovea and Worst Generation after having pointed out the details to you is quite some time.

Techically no?
    Un/Non-technically yes?

12. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

Theoretically, Blackbeard should have a bigger bounty than Shanks. Blackbeard directly back-stabbed them, while Shanks purposefully keeps the "peace" and balance of powers.

Currently, Oda is having all of the other Supernovas as sacrificial lambs to highlight how the Yonkou are on a completely different level. I have little doubt this continues with X-Drake in Wano Kuni (still leaning toward him being a double agent).

13. Zeek

Luffy's Grappling Coach
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

1. My opinion on a few of the Supernovas have shifted since then.

2. I inderstood then too. But I'm just now looking at pirates like Barto and Cavendish as being a part of that generation as well. What I'm really interested in is the prestige of the Supernova and how it will continue to grow, or not grow. As in, will Oda continue to push them as the leaders of the Worst Generation or will other pirates pass them in relevance. Like Cavendish has shown more promise than a number of Sipernovas but it's largelybbecalar they aren't being shown much. There was so much hope around the introduction of the SN that I just want to see them utilized more. (Which I do believe is starting to happen with Capone in this arc and a slew of Supernovas in the next arc as well.

14. Zeek

Luffy's Grappling Coach
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I don't think he'll be a double agent because it would be pretty repetitive after the last two arcs where we have had plenty of turncoats.

Agreed BB likely has an insane bounty. We need a two page spread of a slew of updated bounties.

15. Booker

Not A Member
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Something like that justifies a whole new thread? 'kay.

Yeah, it's sadly the case that they're not.
    Cavendish even referred to the people of the Worst Generation as the Supernovea who arrived at Sabaody during the year Luffy did and Blackbeard, if my memory serves me right. A "generation" in this case appears to be a one year cycle.
    Not to mention that each post-ts arc had at least one SN as a relevant character and explored the others at least briefly, except for Return to Sabaody and Fishman Island. There's close to no doubt that they're going to be more relevant, especially considering what we know about them by now. Each one is tied to a major player and has done something big.

16. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

But I think he'd be the first Marine though? Drake reeked of still being on good terms with the Marines since his introduction. We got Aokiji (after Drake's introduction), but Aokiji left to become an independent force on his own. My bias is that Oda sticks to his current theme of all the other Supernovas being steppingstones, and Drake has to have a reason to fight Kaidou for this to happen.

As much as us fans enjoy the bounties, Oda pretty much has only made special occasions for the Mugiwaras. We literally might not see Blackbeard's bounty until he wars against Luffy (3, maybe even 7ish years from now).