1. Check out our latest video "One Piece Discussion: Wano Hype!" and discuss it with us!
  2. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

Nami and her connection with Portgas D. Rouge

Discussion in 'One Piece Theories' started by Kyukonfox, Sep 10, 2017.

1. Kyukonfox

Expand Collapse

Was re-reading some chapters in the manga and my interest was peeked a bit at some of the similarities between Nami and Portgas D Rouge. Total speculation and a lot of it is just by imagery mostly since we don't know much about Rouge still. Here are some of the photos.

First one is from a cover art where Nami is brandishing a very identical flower to Rouge.

https://imgur.com/a/aE5c4

Second one is just the similarities in their faces, as well as the tangerines that are spread across the floor.

http://imgur.com/a/ljSaJ

Third is kind of hard to see since the picture is so tiny, but when Nami was crying for Luffy after Ace died, Rouge face was drown quite similar when Ace was born.

https://imgur.com/a/zQcAC

My other part of this theory is that Portgas D Rogue was the previous owner of Luffy's Gum Gum fruit. Main reason I think that is how else would she be able to keep Ace in her uterus 20 months? He wouldn't have stopped growing, and the only way to accommodate that would be if her womb could expand.

This is kind of a secondary theory and possibly the most "out there" but I think Nami might possibly obtain a devil fruit down the road. After seeing Monet during the story, we get this cover art of the crew building snowmen.

https://imgur.com/a/TMljl

It's clear the one on the right is Luffy, the one on the left kind of looks like Nami due to the hair being similar and large bust size and what not. Only thing is, I don't think she would actually eat it, but possibly apply it to her climatact. I can't see the reason why Nami would risk her swimming ability to gain devil fruit powers. Shes a navigator and it has shown that she loves the sea and to swim. Franky has seen Vegapunk's blueprints so there's a good chance that he knows how to incorporate devil fruit into weapons.

curious what your all opinion on these are.

2. Robin-Senpai Is The Best

So great you don't need to insult other girls
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

First they have to meet Vegapunk or someone else who knows how a weapon ate a devil fruit.

3. sweetjacky

Purrrrple Kitty
    Moderator YouTube Team
    Expand Collapse

I don't think that there's a connection between Rouge and Nami, there's some similarities in the pictures but that's it. The cry face you mentioned, about that I can only say that some other characters looked like that too when they cried.
    The idea that she had the Gomu Gomu no Mi isdon't interesting but I think it's more impressive if she was able to be pregnant for so long by sheer willpower.

About the Yuki Yuki no Mi for Nami, there's theories that her climatact will be updated with it but personally I support the theory that Carrot will eat the fruit so I wouldn't like that. It would be cool though if Franky would have found out something about how to give devil fruits to objects but I kinda doubt it because otherwise he would surely have something brought up about it when he and Luffy talked about who would get the Mera Mera no Mi. But I'd like it if Franky would find out how to do it in the future.

D Robinson and Storm chaser like this.
  4. Storm chaser

Rock n' Roll
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I dont see them being connected. They have some similarities yes, but so does many other people in OP.
    I think Rogue has been shown to us just so we would know a little bit more of Ace's past, and how he was born. Tough Id love to know more about her.

Rogue held Ace in her womb by sheer willpower, that is stated in the story.

Of course Nami would cry, Luffy lost his brother.
    Not all of the SH's cry, but she is one of the few who cries easly, kinda like Franky and Usopp I think. I cant remember, but I am pretty sure she wasnt the only one to cry when Ace died.

Maby Franky will know more in the future, or he already does, but hasnt said anything.

I personally wouldnt mind who eats that DF. I think it would be interesting tough, if Nami were to eat it.
    Who ever eats it, will get interesting powers. Maby it could even end up being Tashigi. :-D

5. Glaze D. Bacon

Seated at the right hand of Goda
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Nice speculation, but I don't think it's legit. Wearing a hibiscus is just women's fashion. Tangerines can be eaten by anybody. And faces when crying can look the same for many people. Also, I really, REALLY don't think Rouge should be a Gum-Gum Fruit user.

The thing is, Nami and Rouge were born in the East Blue and South Blue respectively, so that totally botchers any theory of them being related. I applaud your efforts though.

6. Christina Choi

Little Panda
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Interesting theory!! I doubt that Nami and Rouge are related but the Gomu Gomu theory is sounds possible. Oda has a way of draw women and most women character have similar face features so them looking alike is not that special.

Seiryu and Kyukonfox like this.
  7. Kyukonfox

Expand Collapse

I wasn’t so much thinking they were related, just Oda drew them to have correlation to each other is all.

8. PirateKing_D_Luffy

Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Hey! , this actually means something logical to me..(I can sense it)

Nami's character has been drawn so greedy and in need for money from her childhood days...wherein contrast to that Gol D Roger was the owner of the most expensive treasure

Nami going after treasure has been used as a matter of fun however a dramatic touch in the end will make it more interesting...

Plus the tattoo on her hand connects me to the tattoo of Ace ... somewhere I don't know bt still feel this is possible :-) nice theory

9. D Robinson

Expand Collapse

Very nice theory and I did see some sort of connection between Nami and Rouge. But I don't think Rouge was the owner of gomu gomu no mi, as it has been stated in anime that she was able to keep Ace for 20 months only because of the mother love.

10. LunaLover

Expand Collapse

I totally agree to the nami and rouge being related but not by blood odd never puts things in just for fun the fact that she where’s the same flower and the tangerines hold some meaning also he has been bring in the idea that everyone has a soul now in the whole cake island ark with big mom and brooks de veil fruits so I think it is possible that she may be a reincarnation of rouge just like Luffy might be Rogers reincarnation tell me your opinions on this

11. KKG

KKG
    Bigger hentai fan than you
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

It is a great theory but i don't think Rouge was the Gomu Gomu no Mi owner.
    It's weird.

12. vinna

Expand Collapse

I like the way you tieded lots of things up! I don't think that all will go down this way, but I enjoyed reading it.