1. As a final farewell gift to our beloved creator, we're planning to make a "thank you" video. If you'd like to be involved, you can read more here.
  2. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

Naruto creator shares the genre of his next work, wants it to surpass Naruto

Discussion in 'Anime & Manga News' started by Owl, Aug 24, 2015.

1. Owl

Owl
    Expand Collapse

A recently published interview with Kishimoto has revealed some details about his next work to come. Though the story is still in the planning stages, it should be welcome news for all of the fans waiting for the artist to pick up his pen once again.

"Interviewer: [Continuing after a previous comment by Kishimoto] That sounds like your next work is still undecided.

Kishimoto: About that–I’ve already decided on the material for my next work. I was brainstorming many ideas during Naruto‘s serialization, and I’ll be doing a sci-fi manga next. The work as a whole isn’t completely mapped out yet so I haven’t shown it to my supervisor, but the character designs are already solidified. I think this kind of protagonist hasn’t been seen up till now, and though I’m the one saying this by myself, I can feel a reaction (laugh).

I’ve written several one-shots besides Naruto up to this point. I’ve experienced the divide between what I’ve wanted to draw and what the readers have wanted to read firsthand, so this time I really want to think things through clearly beforehand. Naruto became an unexpected hit for me, but this time I’d like to make my next story a hit from the start.

I’m not sure when details about this new series will be announced, but please wait patiently. I’m planning to challenge myself in order to surpass the success of Naruto."

Source: RocketNews24

Moman likes this.
  2. Kyros

The Legend
    Super Moderator Member of the Year 2014
    Expand Collapse

Wow sounds cool. Hope we can get another Master Piece from Kishimoto-sensei..

3. Red

Red
    4ever REDDY
    Supernova
    Expand Collapse

This is great news indeed! Naruto used to be my favorite anime for a long, long time and the amount of potential it had was infinite. Even though it thoroughly dissatisfied the readers with the seemingly never-ending plot that seemed to go nowhere, cliched quotes, and unnecessary repetitive flashbacks, you have to admit: it was a work of genius.

Particularly, the very idea of Itachi using his Mangekyo Sharingan, obtained from his friend on Naruto, in the hopes that it would reform Sasuke, which however backfired and ended up reforming a zombie-Itachi, who played a vital role in winning the war, was mind-blowing at the very least, and to me, a confirmation of Kishimoto's obvious genius.
    Although it was inconsistent, it was a very enjoyable series which I do not regret watching. If Kishimoto plans and coherently assembles his thought process, this really could be the anime of the century.

PS: Excuse my punctuation, the spoiler is riddled with errors.

4. Saami

First Mate
    Expand Collapse

There is something I really like about Naruto and is how much you can actually relate to it. Not saying I lived a life like Naruto but ever since his birth no one has believed in him, looked at him with those evil eyes and they all spread hatred because he was different. He has this crazy dream of becoming the Hokage since day one(like Luffy) and everyone thought he was some crazy idiot. I still remember the days during the Chunin Exams when no one even paid attention to him and instead where looking at Sasuke, Lee, Neji and Gaara. I still remember how he refused to fall infront of the Sannins because he wanted to prove to Tsunade that he could master the Rasengan in one week. He made others to trust and believe in him because of how carefree, innocent and lovely he was.

Naruto's plot is more ''realistic'' than for example One Pieces and for me Naruto will always be one of the best mangas/animes together with One Piece.

5. 5kyMarshall

Chief Executive Otaku
    Captain
    Expand Collapse

Oh yes.

I'm very interested to see if it is going to be unique at all. Or will he make it very similar to what Naruto was.
    I have high hopes for this.

6. Sabo

Expand Collapse

Let's all hope for Kishimoto to bring out something that may even blow Naruto out of the water! :D

7. Flyingshadow451

Phantom Spy
    Expand Collapse

I do hope that this new series will be good! To be honest, even though the ending of Naruto was unnecessarily prolonged, I did enjoy it as a whole. It had a likeable plot, a badass setting, and unique characters.

Looking forward to this new one... because I'm a sucker for sci fi. :giggle:

8. Desert Croc

Expand Collapse

Sci-Fi eh? Looking forward to seeing what it's like.

9. DevonHawk

Blue Marksman
    Captain
    Expand Collapse

Something that will surpass Naruto is gonna be a big Hit...

So fingers crossed that he is able to achieve what he plans to...

Key though is that He has all these years of experience and as he said, he knows what the fans like.. and expect..
    During Naruto though his hands were tied since he had to complete the plot he had pre-determined...

But in this new manga whatever it might be... He can carefully plan it accordingly...

Him being a veteran and all that... this sure has a HUUUUGE potential already...

I hope the pleasant atmosphere / nature in the Naruto manga carries on in this new manga... the comedy aspect i mean.

10. R1pp3r D. Pervert

Unofficial forum mod
    Supernova
    Expand Collapse

This is something i wanted to post when i saw this news but then decided not to since whole idea seems too farfatched.

Kishi should just start with new manga without big hopes. We know manga industry is hard and harsh and creating big goals just makes him overconfident and he just might suffer insanly in the end.

I mean imagine Oda saying: '' in 1 year OP 'll end. I'll start on a new manga and I hope it 'll surpass OP'' ... get real

I wish him good luck tho

11. Storm chaser

Rock n' Roll
    Supernova
    Expand Collapse

Aw yeaaah scifi. I cant wait for it. Sounds so awsome. :super2: