1. Check out our latest video "One Piece Discussion: Wano Hype!" and discuss it with us!
  2. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

National Treasure - M-Sama and Theory of Everything

Discussion in 'One Piece Theories' started by Vegalol, Jun 16, 2018.

1. Vegalol

Expand Collapse

#1 Vegalol, Jun 16, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2018
    I'll get straight to it. It's a long theory so strap yourselves up for a ride. (I spent three hours writing this and I still didn't say everything I wanted to say about support for this theory, if you guys like it I will continue)

First of all, I'd like to note a couple of facts; Doflamingo said that he knows about the national treasure in Marie Geoise. And that its' very EXISTENCE could shake the world. Moreover, he told Law if he had that fruit of his, he could use the national treasure to take the reigns of the world. So HOW? can he use the Ope-No-Mi to manipulate the national treasure to his own benefit? because that fruit has three powers:

1- The power to perform medical operations (ofcourse).
    2- The power to give eternal life in exchange for a life.
    3- and the power of PERSONALITY transplant!!!! (check the chapter where he speaks about the national treasure)

For this reason, saying that the national treasure is a hat seems a ludicrous assumption to me. Doflamingo can't take the personality of a "Hat" and for sure he will not give eternal life to a "Hat". A more reasonable assumption is that it is Imu-Sama herself! Yes, her, because she is Imu Sama or 'M-Sama' but the 'M' is pronounced Emu or Imu in Japanese. I'll say it, I believe M-SAMA is short for MARY-SAMA as in MARY GEOISE.... BOOOM!

The fact that she is a girl is further supported by the fact that her physique seems to be that of a girl and not a guy. And the way she held the butterfly in that scene further cemented the theory that she is a girl.

So Doflamingo wanted to transplant his personality into Mary? or the hat? or something else? it remains to be seen. I personally believe he wants to transplant his personality into Mary who is the most powerful individual in the world of one piece. Not necessarily in terms of strength, but it could be the power of authority that Doflamingo was seeking.

So now what is the Hat for? it's a personal memento of Joyboy which Mary keeps for herself. Does it have powers? I don't think so. It's just a hat. Sorry to burst your bubble but I strongly believe it has no powers it's just a reminder of someone very important to the world. Namely, our Boy, Joy D. Boy.

So who is Mary? I believe Mary is an ancient princess who had a love/hate relationship with a little farmer/(sailor?) boy with a Strawhat called Joyboy who lived in the AK 800 years ago. Something happened and Joyboy royally shit the bed and Mary disliked him for it so much. Perhaps, it is related to the way he treated everyone the same way and did not discriminate any of the different races. Maybe because he is a very simple person (kinda reminds you of Luffy, simple, doesn't care about money or authority like a prince or princess would). Mary is the opposite, power-hungry, racist, bla bla you get the point. Basically, the Strawhat is a symbol for a humble and simple life (Joyboy) vs a Crown: a materialistic life (Mary). This is prevalent throughout one piece, we see the good guys are always humble and wearing simple clothes, the bad guys are all puffed up and looking nice and not even breathing the same air as the rest of the people.

A war between their two Kingdoms erupted for some reason and Joyboy, seeing that he might lose the war, tried to preserve his people's history, he made poneglyphs which were indestructible and instructed neighboring ancient civilizations with the duty to protect them from harm (such as Wano). The WG saw that they could not destroy these Poneglyphs, so instead they chose to murder every single person who can read the Poneglyph and that is why they killed the people of Ohara.

Joyboy promised Mary that one of his descendants will some day kick her ass and her precious government and that boy will be wearing a Strawhat. So she kept the hat as a reminder to 'Cleanse' any who are even close to becoming powerful pirates especially those Ds and those who are Ds AND wearing a Strawhat. Why? Because anybody can hide the D. in his name like Law. Also anyone can wear a strawhat. So she can’t take any chances.

But she simply cannot go against the entire pirates. Instead, the WG tries to kill all pirates gradually, and they are actively doing it slowly through bounties and hunting them etc. Remember, it's fine if you're a D. just don't cause trouble to the world government and don't wear that cursed strawhat. If you do, we will murder you. That is the message that I seem to get. Why? because Garp is ok. and Jaguar D. Saul is ok. Not only they did not jail them but they actually work for the World Government.

So Gol D. Roger wore the hat, and he seemed to be pretty damned powerful himself right? So what’s the problem? Why did he fail the prophecy? The answer is, the timing is not right. The balance of the world is still not right. Also, Rayleigh himself said that they did not possess the necessary intellect to understand the history of the world though they now know it fully. Because they were not as clever as the Oharans. One more thing. Whitebeard told Blackbeard that he is not the man that Roger is looking for.

So who is the man that roger is looking for? A guy who is a D and he should be wearing a Strawhat, a guy who values freedom above all else. That man will be supported by insane amounts of ‘Luck’. Have you noticed? Luffy is so freaking lucky guys. He is just so lucky, everywhere he turns he goes into situations where it is against impossible odds yet somehow he gets out of it. It is a constant theme in One piece. Think about Logue town where he was supposed to be killed. Suddenly, a storm and lightning hit the city and he got out of it alive. In other words, one can say, he is supported not by luck but by the Prophecy. Also you I read many times throughout the series, characters saying that Luffy is so lucky. (I can’t remember or pinpoint where exactly). The D. will bring with it a storm. They always say it.

I believe there is something else too, the balance of the world is still tightly held by the Government. They kicked the ass of the most powerful man in the world, whitebeard, and they honestly didn’t break a sweat that much. I was so sad they did not even put him against a fleet admiral, just 3 admirals. And we’re talking about the strongest dude. Whitebeard was rash but he could not help it seeing his son being put for execution. Gol D. Roger and his crew realized they did not have a chance to change anything alone. Roger decided he has to wait till the time is right and to encourage others to go against the World Government to tip the balance in the favor of the people rather than the WG. One piece is all about some crap about the ‘Balance’ of the world, each time some Shichibukai is defeated, the big guys, the gorosei, are all in a hurry to replace him. That is to preserve the Balance. So now Luffy is the 5th Yonkou yet they are Yon (meaning four) for a reason! They can’t be five! That would tip the balance very badly in favor of the pirates and less on the hands of the Government. In other words, now the timing is right!

Think about it guys, Shanks most likely saw what is there in Raftel, so why do we assume he is still actively seeking the one piece again? That doesn’t make sense to me whatsoever. Buggy potentially saw it too. It didn’t interest him to ‘save’ the world from the government. He just wants treasure, gold and crap. So Shanks is continuing his captain’s legacy, trying to shake things up in the world and create people who are worthy of becoming what his captain was waiting for. He saw in Luffy (who is a D) the will of his captain to become FREE. Free from the shackles of anything and everything including the world government. So he took a gamble with fate and entrusted the hat to Luffy.

He instructed Luffy to return the hat once he became a powerful pirate. He is waiting for him, he is encouraging him, he is protecting him (like in Marineford Arc).

Another thing supporting this theory. Whitebeard, the strongest pirate in the world, could have become the pirate king any minute he wanted. He knows where Raftel is, because Roger told him where it is. He probably told him about the void century and the prophesied person he is waiting for. Whitebeard's goal was to make Ace the Pirate King. Why didn't he want to be the Pirate King himself? Because, Whitebeard took Roger’s advice and looked for a D (in Portugas D. Ace) that can carry roger’s will. But that was not meant to be, because he has to wear the Strawhat as foretold in the prophecy. Otherwise, the prophecy will not work.

Another thing, Nefertari family 'betrayed' the 20 Kingdoms and lived in the surface. That means, Vivi is an estranged Celestial Dragon right? and all her family for that matter. Why have they betrayed the World Gov.? I've no idea but I've a piece of info that might help. When asked if the Alabasta Kingdom were protecting the Poneglyphs, Nefertari Cobra scoffed and said that they were not protecting it but were rather trying to hide it from the people. Though he did not know why they were hiding it. The purpose of hiding it disappeared with the sands of time.

Remember what clover said that the very NAME of the Ancient Kingdom is the key to the void century. Let me tell you guys, the NAME of the AK is related to Joy Boy similar to the name of Mary Geoise is related to her name 'Mary'. Simply for knowing the name of that kingdom they killed Clover then and there and they issued the buster call. Maybe it's Joyland or something I donno (Disney land? lol).

Food for thought? /discuss

Note: In all honesty guys I'm kind of disappointed that there is a super mega villain above the Gorosei, because I feel it's becoming another Naruto (especially with that Rinnegan, what's up with that???) I was a big fan of naruto until they screwed the whole thing. (sorry to all those Naruto fans). Now one piece reigns supreme for me.

Special thanks to flyingpanda (check out his Youtube) for pointing out Imu could be a girl, and mariejoise could be a reference to mary of geoise.

Villaine and Behnam like this.
  2. Behnam

The one who wants CHOIce
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

#2 Behnam, Jun 17, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2018
    About the “M-sama”, actually it's not that. Not an English world to be pronounced as “Imu”, since Japanese people don't have “m” consonant. But it was a Kanji contained Adam and Eve Kanjis. Not the first word of “Mary”. Check the Japanese version. Though still the holy Mary has something to do with the Adam and Eve.

But still I enjoyed what you've written there. And if you think this theory is long, you can check other theories at the Theory Section. There are many long theories here.

Villaine likes this.
  3. Vegalol

Expand Collapse

Thank you for your comment. I just meant that japanese people usually pronounce an additional e or u after each English word. For example, they would pronounce the letter 'S' as esu, the letter 'M' as emu, and many other letters. In words they pronounce the word Water as Wateru.

I'm saying basically that they meant to say M but it was lost in the translation or it is intended by oda.

4. Behnam

The one who wants CHOIce
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I mentioned it if you look with more attention. But this is not my point here. Check the Japanese version of the Manga. You see that Oda used “Kanji” for describing “Im”. So it's not the English word “M”. It's a Kanji. Therefore, it can't be the first word from “Mary”. That Kanji is made by two other Kanjis that have the meaning of “Adam” and “Eve”. Those are the first humans in the history that the God made them first. According to the Holy Bible, of course.

If Oda would use Hiragana or Katakana to express that “Im”, then your idea could be possible that it can be the first word of “Mary”.

5. Mapache

means raccoon
    Haoshoku Haki YouTube Team
    Expand Collapse

Yesssss, I was looking for this theory here on the forum. Im-Sama is the national treasure of Mary Geoise. Doflamingo stated that knowing about the existence of it would shake the world (chapter 761). I do think that it would exactly do that if the kings and the general public found out that there is indeed somebody above the World Government, a secret leader of everything.
    Secondly Doflamingo says that with the power of the Ope Ope no mi he'd be able to use said treasure to control the world (also chapter 761). And exactly as you said, he could use the power of switching bodies/personalities to switch his with Im's body. That way he would become the secret leader of the world and well, control it. (I gotta state that I just heard about this theory from somewhere, unfortunately I don't remember where. But I didn't come up with it.)

About Im's gender, I don't think Im is a woman. I'd rather say Im doesn't have any gender at all.

Vegalol likes this.