1. Check out our latest video "One Piece Discussion: Wano Hype!" and discuss it with us!
  2. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

New Elite 10

Discussion in 'Shokugeki no Soma' started by Zeek, Feb 27, 2018.

1. Zeek

Luffy's Grappling Coach
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

New Elite Ten [Moving into their second year since it seems that there is only three years at this school I'll remove graduates]

So none of the 90th generation will still be on it since they should have graduated at this point...

1. Satoshi Isshiki - most seasoned, reasonable, and senior member of the remaining students. He's really on par with almost anyone in the series whenever he commits to doing things seriously. From a logical standpoint he would probably be the best choice.

2. Terunori Kuga - raw talent, enthusiasm, insane ability, and excellent leadership demonstrated through his massive group trained well enough to hash out consistent meals. Also a part of the 91st generation and just a down-right fun character.

3. Erina Nakiri - down to business, god tongue, bloodline connection to the school, and a former Elite 10 Council member already. She would be excellent for a top 3 position in the rankings.

4. Shoko Kaburagi - we still really don't know much about Shoko but I think that's for a reason. She will likely be an interesting character moving forward. The pictures we have of her seem like another serious type to be added to the mix.

5. Nene Konokuni - she was redeemed during the most recent chapters and seems like she'll be turning the corner to the "good" side of things. Not an exciting character but moving up one seat from her previous position isn't unthinkable going into her final year.

6. Akira Hayama - now I know this will catch some flack but I still think he is a much more talented cook than Soma currently is. We need to see Soma start embracing some of the teachings at the school and not be so reliant on his shop's tricks and experience. I want him to keep refining his technique like he did with Shinomiya. That being said, he already briefly had a position on the top 10 and he's one of the only characters to beat Soma in a legitimate way.

7. Soma Yukihira - does Soma probably deserve to be #1 after he inevitably beats Tsukasa? Yes. However, that doesn't make for a good story. It would make more sense if, like his father, he is talented enough to be #1 but not behaved enough to be trusted higher up on the counsel. It'll be fun watching him mature a little bit when it comes to serious matters. Never seen him in charge before!

8. Takumi Aldini - Takumi gets slept on a lot but he is essentially Soma's Vegeta. He gets shafted by facing incredibly difficult opponents only to set Soma up for a more impressive victory. Eventually he'll quit being a "jobber" and start showing that he's likely the 2nd best in the 92nd generation.

9. Ryo Kurokiba - Ryo is just as intense and exciting as anyone else on this list and his skill is undeniable. When he's not in rage-cooking mode he is smart and reasonable. It would be a shame for him to be left off this list at this point.

10. Alice Nakiri - Another character who kind of gets pushed to the side at times despite her amazing ability. She's got PLOT, talent, smarts, and humor that I want to see around as much as possible. She is my waifu of the series in case you couldn't tell.

I also believe Erina will become a permanent Polar Star member thus giving them three members in the council for the first time since the Golden Generation.

Also think it'd be cool to have a secondary council of sorts so that our under-characters can get some recognition and stay relevant. Each council member gets two assistants or Sous Chefs...There are 20 characters worth attention after all:

Julio Shiratsu, Etsuya Eizan, Megumi Tadokoro, Nao Sadatsuka, Subaru Mimasaka, Hisako Arato, Shun Ibusaki, Ikumi Mito, Isami Aldini, Yuki Yoshino, Ryoko Sakaki, Kanichi Konishi, Rentaro Kusunoki, Mea Yanai, Miyoko Hojo, Shoji Sato, Daigo Aoki, Zenji Marui, and maybe a few 93rd Generation members.

Mosshead and Christina Choi like this.
  2. Christina Choi

Little Panda
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I think Kurokiba should be higher than 9 since he tied with Hayama.

Zeek likes this.
  3. Mosshead

Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

I agree my man Ryo should at least be 7th seat

Maybe Takumi at 9 aswell

4. Zeek

Luffy's Grappling Coach
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, I just liked having him and Alice right next to each other on the rankings. Plus, his personality may hinder his ranking as well.

Mosshead likes this.
  5. Marco Polo

circus act
    Super Moderator YouTube Team
    Expand Collapse

#5 Marco Polo, Mar 6, 2018
    Last edited: May 7, 2018
    The lack of Megumi and Subaru is brave, considering they'll likely be given seats once Soma and Erina win, so they'd technically be on the "next" Elite 10. The rebel team has 7 first/second years so all seven will take up the seats, with the current third seat graduating

I imagine the other three seats will be contested by Nene, Eizan, the Shoko girl, Hayama, Alice, Kurokiba, Julio and then a couple of the Central lackeys

As for who wins, I'd be willing to bet that it's Hayama, Alice and Ryo taking up the remaining three spots. Whether they fight about rankings remains to be seen, but the only thing that's guaranteed for me is Erina in the first seat and Soma and Isshiki making up the Top 3

Once the re-elections for the Elite 10 begin then obviously the likes of Nene and Eizan will come back in to the picture, but that's probably the next next Elite 10

4thBlade likes this.
  6. Razeo

Expand Collapse

I honestly expect Erina to be #1, and Soma taking his dad's footsteps will be #2. I'm surprised you didn't include Megumi or Hisako on that list. My list is as follows:

#1 - Erina
    #2 - Soma
    #3 - Isshiki
    #4- Hayama
    #5 - Ryo
    #6 - Alice
    #7 - Takumi
    #8 - Kuga
    #9 - Hisako
    #10 - Megumi

7. 4thBlade

Inner weeb > Responsibilities
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I agree with Isshiki getting the 1st seat. He has more room for plot.

8. Zeek

Luffy's Grappling Coach
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Soooo... now we have some of the New Elite Ten for their second year at Totsuki

1. Yukihira Souma
    2. ?????
    3. ?????
    4. Hayama Akira
    5. Kurokiba Ryou
    6. Nakiri Alice
    7. ?????
    8. ?????
    9. ?????
    10. Tadokoro Megumi

We know that Satoshi Isshiki, Terunori Kuga, Takumi Aldini, and Subaru Mimasaka all won seats on the council as well. Where do you guys think they are at? Also, that leaves one seat that could be filled by anyone. Finally, maybe one of the four mentioned above might have been bumped out of their seat already with all of the Shokugekis taking place.

Personally I think it's as follows:

1. Yukihira Souma 2. Satoshi Isshiki 3. Terunori Kuga 4. Hayama Akira 5. Kurokiba Ryou 6. Nakiri Alice 7. Takumi Aldini 8. New Member 9. New Member 10. Tadokoro Megumi

It seems like Subaru getting bumped out wouldn't be too surprising. I believe we need at least two new, or underused, characters on the council to keep it interesting. If it's just the usual gang from the last arc then it's boring.

Shoko Kaburagi seems like she could be a member considering we didn't even get to know her. Nene Kinokuni could also have earned a spot back on the council as well. Hopefully it's some new kids and the first years will be some impressive squad of challengers who have cut their teeth in the new environment. Our prince of smoke could be another candidate...