1. Check out our latest video "One Piece Discussion: Wano Hype!" and discuss it with us!
  2. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

Nico Robin wih Busoshoku haki

Discussion in 'One Piece General' started by Juggy, Jul 4, 2018.

1. Juggy

Expand Collapse

Nothing special about this thread. I got bored in the office and came across this once again:coffeepal:. I assume that many of us saw the idea from title many times while wandering through the depths of internet.

Personally, I would really like to see her using the Busoshoku haki and I think that it would be a very serious combat combo with her DF abilities. Presumably, she could mimic Luffy's fighting techniques and trow huge devastating punches.... and even more. Her DF abilities allows her to very versatile arsenal of attacks.

Thoughts? Do you have any idea how could someone else from SH crew get fighting skills upgrade? What it would be?

2. General Zoro

Expand Collapse

It still does make zero sense that Robin can't use Haki. She spent 2 years with the RA whibwould have a good number of haki users. After the unfortunate run in with Kizaru, she should have learnt it since she was in a position to.

3. All Anime

Give Justice to Sanji San not raid suit.
    Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

For me Robin is one of the strongest SH crew members and i think she has got to have atleast one haki. I would say Observation Haki, it just suit more to her (character-wise)

4. camoramo24

Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Robin has a great offense with her devil fruit, and is very great intellectually. Robin really does need the defense given by CoA, as we saw from the fight in Dressrosa. At the end of the day, I believe this is what she will need to survive against big bosses considering she might have to fight a member of the blackbeard crew. I don't think she has the agility for observation to help her too much. She might have her own form of CoO though, but she definitely needs CoA.

5. Betelgeuse

Red Supergiant
    Busoshoku Haki YouTube Team
    Expand Collapse

#5 Betelgeuse, Jul 5, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2018
    Well for me any Straw Hat that doesn't know haki would get a boost from it. Robin doesn't have either form of haki which Oda stated in an sbs during the fishman island arc. She may or may not develop it. With the grand fleet and alloes here Robin may never develop it. Her role on the crew isn't a combatant so she may not develop her fighting skills very much.

Asfor other members, Luffy can grow stronger by controlling his rubber body better. Doflamingo noted that Luffy using busoskoku to activate and use gear fourth is a sign that Luffy still lacks the skills to use his df properly. In order from Luffy to go to the next level he will need to learn to master his df. The fight between him and Katakuri is a foreshadowing to what Luffy can and probably will become in the future.

Sanji will most likely get a big power boost with his raid suit. Since the beginning of the new world Sanji seemed to be lacking in physical prowess and it seems that the suit will bring out his full potential so we can look forward to that jn the Wano country arc.

There are more improvements for other characters but these are the two characters Oda seemed to highlight is in need of improvement

Juggy likes this.
  6. Storm chaser

Rock n' Roll
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Might be that she does know how to use it, we just havent seen it yet.

Juggy likes this.
  7. Glaze D. Bacon

Light it up.
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Robin with Armament Haki would be really helpful, but it requires the combination of a strong spirit and great physical strength to achieve. She isn’t necessarily the athletic type unlike the Kuja, so unless she gets ripped in Zoro’s gym, who knows when she’ll get it?

Juggy likes this.
  8. All Anime

Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Wow dude that is one hell of a profile picture.

9. Juggy

Expand Collapse

#9 Juggy, Jul 5, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2018
    All of the SH crew is important for some unique skill they got. They are important for being a doctor, cook, archeologist, etc, but the time has come to face the fearsome enemies and except monster trio + Jinbe (if he survived) non of them seams to be fit to do so. When Robin was introduced first, she seemed a lot stronger then she is showing now. I honestly thought that we would see some more action from her.

Regarding power ups, they will all get one. We can assume that Sanji will wear the raid suit, Usopp will master CoO, Zoro will continue to grow through workout and fighting, Luffy will grow (nuff said), but I am not sure for the others. Do they all need to awake (if they already don't have) haki? Which type it would be?

Dreamer and All Anime like this.
  10. All Anime

Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I agree, what they do on the ship doesnt imply on how powerful they can be that should have had been clear to everyone by now, a captain can be a chef and still be the strongest, the commander can be a helmsmen and not the strongest of the bunch. the point is SH crew member just because the job on the ship is not related to fighting should not underestimated on how strong they might be.

Dreamer and Juggy like this.
  11. gboxrkw

Expand Collapse

I think it would be super awesome

12. KKG

KKG
    If you support watermarks i hate you
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I'm with @Betelgeuse here,Robin with Busoshoku Haki would be good only if she was very strong.
    She is actually very smart instead of strong so i guess her role in the crew is the ability to read the Poneglyphs.
    Oda allways concentrates the strenght in Luffy,Zoro and Sanji,they are considered the Monster Trio.
    Maybe he thinks in his story these 3 are enough so Robin with Busoshoku Haki is inconsistent with the anime.
    Besides haki is the greatest power in OP,and only the strongest people are destined to learn how to use it.

13. Time

bogan scientist
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

There's nothing inconsistent, that I can think of, with Robin mastering Busoshoku Haki. She wouldn't suddenly become super strong with just Haki. And I think you're mistakening Busoshoku for Haoshoku here. Personally, I think the reason Robin hasn't mastered Busoshoku Haki yet is because Oda is still working on that. Due to her unique devil fruit power, I'd say the way her Haki imbued "hana" interacts with others, esp a Logia devil fruit users has to be somewhat different from a normal Haki imbued fist or kick. It is already kinda overpowered for Robin to just stand still and break people neck. Now with Busoshoku Haki, she could do that to even Logia devil fruit users.

General Zoro likes this.
  14. Pacquiao8

8th Commander of the Straw Hat Grand Fleet
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I personally believe that Robin has Armament Haki. It's just that she doesn't show it being used because she's yet to have a full-blown battle since after Skypiea arc. I interpret the SBS answer where Oda only pointed out 3 of the SH that they are the only ones seen using it so far. Just imagine if Oda says: "Robin and [insert another SH] has Haki" then people will outrage for them being weak or lacking some strong opponents or whatsoever.

Now, why it won't be seen being used in the near future? Because it would be quite OP in their present standard. She would look like she's within the level of Zoro, Sanji and Jinbe because her DF ability would make it a "hack" ability.

It's not about if she needs it or not, or if it fits or not with her style. If that's the case then Armament doesn't fit Sanji because he's more of a tactician, and Observation doesn't fit Zoro because he's more of a toe-to-toe fighter (I won't listen to everyone using their so-called "Monster Trio" BS as a reason; I'm a known proud non-supporter of that concept). All SHs are fated to unlock them being the future PK crew (or else it would be a horrible writing). Robin will use it soon.

General Zoro likes this.
  15. Betelgeuse

Red Supergiant
    Busoshoku Haki YouTube Team
    Expand Collapse

She doesn't know it at all actually. Oda stated that only the monster trio possesses hakinso far. Robin hasn't seem to be trained much in that area. Her devil fruit skills has increased quite a bit though

Time likes this.
  16. Time

bogan scientist
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

That makes it even more obvious then. Oda doesn't want to give her Haki because either it would cause some complicated issues when it comes to fighting with Logia users. As it is right now, Haki is already a confusing power. Or Oda doesn't want to "normalise" Haki. I mean, as common as it is, it would feel kinda lame if everyone, anyone can just use it. Plus, it's not like Robin desperately needs some powerup now. She's pretty strong imo and fighting is not her specialty after all.

General Zoro and Betelgeuse like this.