1. Check out our latest video "One Piece Discussion: Wano Hype!" and discuss it with us!
  2. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

O-tama won’t join the crew at the end of wano

Discussion in 'One Piece Theories' started by James geraghty, Jul 25, 2018.

1. James geraghty

Expand Collapse

i have seen a lot of people speculating that O-Tama will be the next crew member to join and will be the ninja and choregirl of the group but thinking about it I don’t think it will happen.
    She is still 8 years old and I don’t think she is fully trained yet. Ace made a promise to take her to sea when she was old and strong enough and a lot of people thought luffy will fulfill this promise but when really thinking about it I think it makes much more sense that at the end of wano luffy will make the same promise and that he will return for her after their main adventure and take her or he will come back in a few years then take her.

2. bandurista24

Fifth Emperor
    Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

Yeah therea no way a kid will join. Its like what luffy promised to shirahoshi that he will take her to a forest. It will be done after he becomes a pirate king

3. Judgement

Winners never quit, quitters never win.
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

She probably won't join, but she might be there at the final feast when Luffy becomes KAIZOKU OU :>

GoldenVenus and Chill024 like this.
  4. James geraghty

Expand Collapse

I think she will be a unofficial member of the crew as in luffy promises he will come back for her. So I could see a time skip kind of thing where we see the straw hats older and we see laboon and o-tama part of the crew
    (Laboon will likely start following the crew or brook will permantly stay at the lighthouse )

GoldenVenus likes this.
  5. Pacquiao8

8th Commander of the Straw Hat Grand Fleet
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

If O-Tama joins, she should be at least as usable as Nami in battles. But I don't think she does.

GoldenVenus likes this.
  6. General Zoro

Expand Collapse

I hope she joins. Someone for Zoro to mentor.

7. camoramo24

Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I say we give Wano like 30 more chapters before we judge if Otama will join or not, it's like the whole rebecca joining the crew fiasco again. This is what I have to say, I believe that Otama will join the crew, but I am only going of the simple thought that, Ace promised and he is dead, so Luffy will take his brothers will and take the bewitching women ninja out to sea for this last 15% or so.

8. GoldenVenus

Reigning Lord of the Underworld
    Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

I'm not exactly fond of the idea of Tama joining the crew. I think it's better if it ends up just like Laboon, in which they'd come back to see her again at the end of their journey. Not that I hate her or anything, I'm just simply not interested in her character. She could be an ally, sure. But not a crew member, just no.

9. James geraghty

Expand Collapse

I agree.
    I don’t like how people assume everyone the straw hats meet per arc will join the crew I made an exception for vivi because she was with the straw hats for a while instead of just being someone the straw hats met on the island for a day or 2.

But like you said o-tama is different because there is an argument for her to join. She knew ace and ace said she could join his crew when she was older so I think luffy will make the same deal with her because he wants to carry on ace will similarly to how marco might want to help luffy because ace isn’t alive to do it himself.
    But I just don’t see her joining now and instead we might just see a timeskip where an older her is seen on the ship at the end of the series.

camoramo24 likes this.
  10. James geraghty

Expand Collapse

I agree, i think she has potential but I just don’t see a 8 or 9 year old or whatever age she is joining the crew and being useful, maybe if she was 13 because shanks and buggy looked that age when they worked on Rogers ship and chopper was 15 but 8 seems too young.
    There is an argument that momosuke will join the crew and he is the same age and it makes sense since his dad joined Roger as a kid and momo goal would be to explore the world with luffy learn other cultures and use this knowledge to make wano a more open country when he returns but if that happens all he would be doing is staying on the ship or walking around while the straw hats do the dangerous stuff. Tama I think would be a little more useful but I can’t see her in any fights.

Anyway I think the best thing to do is say she is a member but have her stay behind and luffy comes back for her.

I think carrot will be the last official member to join the crew and have a role in future arcs but when the series ends I can’t see the crew becoming much bigger with characters who aren’t as important.
    I definitely see laboon joining the crew since I can’t see brook abandoning him again nor can I see brook leaving the crew, so tama could be seen at the end when it doesn’t matter

11. GoldenVenus

Reigning Lord of the Underworld
    Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

The age is one thing, but I just don't find Tama interesting lol. She's just like any other common character. Be it her or Momonosuke, I don't want to see any of them becoming part of the crew. First, they don't need any child on board, they're struggling hard enough as it is. Second, I think Momo is going to become a good leader one day so I think he's gonna lead his clan, and maybe rule Wano one day. But I do think they're gonna become a part of the Straw hat Grand Fleet. In Carrot's case, I'm totally fine with her joining since it seems like she'd contribute a lot.

12. James geraghty

Expand Collapse

Carrot I can see being a member and I would want her to join as well.

With tama I agree there isn’t much in her personality to say she is straw hat material but it’s still early so it’s hard to tell I mean all the straw hats kind of stand out straight away but the only real argument for her is that it is set up that she is connected to ace. I really don’t see the arc ending with something like luffy basically saying “ oh my brother made a promise that he will come back and let you join his crew huh ? Oh well to bad he is dead goodbye forever “ it would feel kind of anti dramatic

13. gboxrkw

Expand Collapse

If not the crew then definitely the grand fleet, not just her but the whole Ninja group i guess