Oda revealed that it will take another 1-2 years to enter the Wano Arc

Discussion in 'One Piece News' started by A Decent Bush, Nov 11, 2017.

?

Do you like this move to delay Wano?

1. Yes

32.4%
  2. No

48.6%
  3. Don't Care

18.9%
  1. aldz23

Expand Collapse

I waiting for wano arc and I am a little disappointed. What about your guys?

2. Glaze D. Bacon

Seated at the right hand of Goda
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

#22 Glaze D. Bacon, Nov 13, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2017
    Late news since there was already a thread about it here, but I approve of the buildup.

3. 5kyMarshall

Chief Executive Otaku
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Yeah I read this yesterday and I'm fuming. It's such a long way away and the window he stated is just too generic, it's just rediculous. They have a big wind up with introduction of Kinnemon, Momo and Kaido reigning over... For... Nothing...

Kind of disappointed with that stitch up to make it seem like it was going to be the next arc.

4. Mo3MaR

Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

Go Oda-Sensei !! Keep it up you are the master of your story.. Good job for revealing some mysteries that once occured in OP without misdirecting the flow of story... You really give a good impression of how you make those imagination a reality... For example in war of Marine Ford if you didn't reveal the haki then everybody always just wondering... But you gave it an amazing explanation ,, and you made another good move for Katakuri... Not just the mystery of him are solved but also how Admiral Aokoji manage to survive even pierced by naginata of WB and how Admiral Akainu take no damage after taking damage from haki users of WB commander

5. menma

Uncle
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

How he can make this arc continue for another 2 years without dragging it exstremely much is beyond me!

Guess i'll have to wait and see

6. Judgement

Onii-chan of OPF
    Busoshoku Haki Member of the Season
    Expand Collapse

Well, I think Reverie will be an arc in which Oda will lay out a huge deal of information... That one might take a while! WCI is probably done early 2018, if I would have to guess.

7. menma

Uncle
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Hahaha i should learn to read the article first insted of only reading the top. Thought it was said that WCI would take another 1 or 2 years, forget about my previous post

8. Judgement

Onii-chan of OPF
    Busoshoku Haki Member of the Season
    Expand Collapse

Well, in your defense... Both arcs start with a 'W'... :'D

9. Kyros

The Legend
    Super Moderator
    Expand Collapse

@aldz23 I have merged your thread to a older thread as there is a thread for this topic already open. Please use this thread to discuss about Wano arc.

10. Deathbloke

hoodwink and bamboozle
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

So Oda cancels himself with this statement, instead of 2017 it will come on 2019. But I don't mind that much because we'll get to see the Reverie in detail, we might hear about the Revolutionaries and probably going to read the Straw Hats (or maybe the SHGF) getting ready for the big fight against Kaido. Not to mention that we'll see Nekomamushi's journey in search of Marco the Phoenix *.*

11. mysticalflute

Expand Collapse

I just don't want this to mean that it'll take two years to see the SH's reunited and see Sanji coming to terms with what he did and the others finding out what happened. If they reunite the SH's before they get to Wano (maybe they rendezvous at some small island to rest and heal), then I'll be okay with the rest of the "arc" being on the Reverie, Marco, etc...

12. Edinbour

The Red King
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I can't say that I'm excited about this but I also don't want anything rushed.
    I do not doubt Oda's 'Genius' because One Piece was originally supposed to end over a Decade ago, yet he gave us (and has continued) to give us this wonderful Gift. No doubt he will make it work.
    What bothers me is the fact that 1 Year ago, we were supposedly "about 70% done" and "going into Wano and Reverie Arcs by 2018"

I know that a lot of us (myself included) tend to complain when there are frequent Breaks in the Manga. I try my best to ignore it because:
    • A: Oda's Health is the Concern. The Man already works nonstop with little sleep.
    • B: He's in his 40's so between the stress and little sleep, it's gotta be taking it's toll.
    I think the biggest thing that bothers me is that I don't want One Piece to become like Dragonball. Not that Dragonball was bad but that it's creator Akira Toriyama basically forgot half of his own Creation.

I'd like Oda to finish one Arc, tie up some "loose-ends" move onto another then tie up a few more "loose-ends".

13. Chicano180

Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

The only thing that bothers me about this new 'delay' is that it makes the possibility of Big Mom actually being defeated this arc. That is of course, if WCI is the main cause of this delay.

If it's not WCI that causes the delay than I'm all for it. There's plenty to learn about, and new twist that will be coming in the Reverie. Some Marco flashbacks maybe, and Weevil...maybe a skirmish & new ally vs Kaido or BB. All valid and interesting side stories...
    ........but please! let it not be because of WCI!

14. Owl

Owl
    Administrator
    Administrator
    Expand Collapse

[Correction] Oda mentioned it in the book released 2 days ago. However, it seems this interview itself was held back in June, which means it will take about another 7 months - 1 year and 7 months to enter Wano arc from now on based on Oda's estimation.

Source: @sandman_AP

Almost the same thing, but yeah.

15. Betelgeuse

Red Supergiant
    Busoshoku Haki YouTube Team
    Expand Collapse

Thanks! That's very reassuring to hear :D that mean that Reverie won't be really long and that this arc's finale shouldn't be dragged either

16. Pacquiao8

8th Commander of the Straw Hat Grand Fleet
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

#36 Pacquiao8, Nov 16, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2017
    Hmm, let's see. In 2016, we had 40 chapters in total. We are down to the last 5 chapters for this year. I'll make another estimation based from my previous assumption:
    • 2017 last 5 chapters will be for the WCI arc obviously.
    • First 10 chapters of 2018 will probably be the rest of WCI arc. 30 chapters left for 2018.
    • Reverie arc, which may include the Sunny Team sailing towards Zou/Wano and arrival there, may consume the rest of the chapters for 2018.
    • If we assume that the time frame for Wano countdown is accurate, the first quarter of 2019 (10 chapters) might be for the Straw Hat reunion and catching up with everything happened with Zoro's group.
    • If we are to wait for exactly 2 years or more from now, there might also be chapters for Marco's search or, worst case scenario will be prolonged WCI arc.
    • Wano arc will definitely be a very long arc.

17. mysticalflute

Expand Collapse

Oh! Well if it was held back in June that takes a few months off the wait time then. Still, I wish we were getting into it earlier than a year from now (but we might!), but this makes it more bearable than it coming in almost 2020.

18. Date Damon

Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

which could last to 2020! God, that sounds so bloody far away. Off topic, any ideas what may come after Wano, assuming that Kaido is defeated and Luffy gets his Poneglyph?

19. Pacquiao8

8th Commander of the Straw Hat Grand Fleet
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I actually expect it to last up to the first half of 2021, assuming that Tokyo Summer Olympics will affect the manga. Else, only up to the first quarter of 2021.

There are many possible scenarios after Wano, some of which would be:
    • Search for the final Road Poneglyph.
    • Final clash with Empress Big Mom ("Year of Jinbe" if it concerns Fishman Island).
    • Effects of Reverie to the Straw Hats.
    • First major conflict of the Straw Hats against Emperor Red Hair.
    • "Year of Usopp" if they're going to Elbaf.
    • Weevil to the Straw Hats after learning that Whitebeard Pirates remnants are now allied to them.

Date Damon likes this.
  20. Date Damon

Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Thanks, Pac. I guess they'll find more info bout the missing poneglyph in Wano. I actually expect to see more of the Rev Army but they can be included in the Reverie stuff, I guess. Tbh, that can also happen in Wano as well.

dreamlovermimi and Pacquiao8 like this.