Oda revealed that it will take another 1-2 years to enter the Wano Arc

Discussion in 'One Piece News' started by A Decent Bush, Nov 11, 2017.

?

Do you like this move to delay Wano?

1. Yes

35.6%
  2. No

49.3%
  3. Don't Care

15.1%
  1. onepiece222

Expand Collapse

Dragonball's characters are ALL ugly as ****.

2. onepiece222

Expand Collapse

I'm hoping the Whole Cake Island and the Wano Arc all drag longer, because both are awesome. pudding's nosebleed and heart eyes are awesome, hopefully there is another girl who shows romantic feelings toward Zoro in the same way during Wano Arc, I mean Luffy has Hancock loving him and Sanji has Pudding, what about our remaining member of the Monster Trio? Behind every successful man there stands a great woman XD.
    can't wait to see a new set of powers that might come after Haki. maybe another timeskip lol

3. onepiece222

Expand Collapse

I'm hoping the Whole Cake Island and the Wano Arc all drag longer, because both are awesome. pudding's nosebleed and heart eyes are awesome, hopefully there is another girl who shows romantic feelings toward Zoro in the same way during Wano Arc, I mean Luffy has Hancock loving him and Sanji has Pudding, what about our remaining member of the Monster Trio? Behind every successful man there stands a great woman XD.
    can't wait to see a new set of powers that might come after Haki. maybe another timeskip lol

4. onepiece222

Expand Collapse

5. Udell

Expand Collapse

Glad I dropped by this thread. I always knew you were in denial and simply did not want Big Mom to go down but she will go down. I never thought for a second Wano was going to start when Oda said it would. Big Mom has to fall here, yea I sound like a broken record by now but I can never understand why people are so adamant about her not being defeated.

6. Chicano180

Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Because he's light years away from being strong enough to defeat a Yonkou. He still not even strong enough to beat a commander......muuuuch less a Yonkou. Sure, it' likely he'l beat Kata, improve haki and learn future sight, but that should still be light years away from matching Big Mom.

7. Udell

Expand Collapse

In time you will understand how strong G4 really is and how utterly wrong you will be when Luffy drops Big Mom.

8. Chicano180

Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Still can't beat Katakuri as of the latest chapter so I'm not sure what your point is.
    Think we can all agree on a few things.
    - Marco paled in comparison to WB.
    - Jack will pale in comparison to Kaido
    - Burgess pales in comparison to BB
    - etc etc
    - Katakuri will pale in comparison to Big Mom

Again it doesn't matter if it's because of future sight, haki, if it's because of speed, brute strength...Big Mom will still annihilate Katakuri....yet Luffy still hasn't been able to win (altho he likely will) in G4. No chance for Luffy to beat Big Mom.

9. Udell

Expand Collapse

You failed to make a point here tbh. Luffy is not weaker than Katakuri. You just have to realize that brute force isn't letting Luffy win the fight. That's what you and every other reader fail to realize. Luffy has yet to land clean hits against Katakuri with G4. Katakuri blocked and dodge all of them. The same is said with Cracker. Luffy took 11 hours just to make physical contact with his body. As soon as Luffy got a clean hit in he was done. Luffy's strength and speed is better than Katakuri. If Luffy land 5 clean blows Katakuri will cough up blood and that's a guarantee because Doffy was in pieces after a few clean hits. Foresight will prevent Luffy from landing blows though.

Every character has their strength and Katakuri strength comes from his CoO. Which is why I said numerous time Sanji will fight him. Sanji has superior speed in comparison to Luffy and Sanji has better CoO. Katakuri CoO will have a hard time keeping up with Sanji's speed and all this without showing a Sanji power-up yet.

Sometimes there are opponents Luffy just can't beat and that's why he has a crew. Luffy would have never beaten Perona without Usopp, Luffy would have never beaten Mr. 1 without Zoro, Luffy would be a toy if he had to fight sugar. Luffy's already has everything better than Katakuri but cannot hit him. All I am saying that there is someone who is a better match against Katakuri. Against Big Mom it's a clash of CoC and pure force, which is where Luffy's strength begin to shine.

Having Luffy fight 2 commanders and a yonkou is essentially bad for the story and unless this kata v Luffy actually go to conclusion which I highly doubt it will. I will keep saying that Sanji will fight him. You all can quote me on that shit when it happens.

10. Chicano180

Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Did you miss the entire chapter where Katakuri lost his cool and got hit clean plenty of times with G4, and yet Katakuri's back didn't even touch the ground?

Do you agree that Big Mom will completely annihilate Katakuri even with his future sight?
    Do you agree any yonkou will completely annihilate Katakuri even with his future sight?
    or are you just assuming that all yonkou have future sight?

If you agree to that any yonkou would annihilate katakuri regardless of his future sight then there's no way for you to also believe that Luffy is currently at Yonkou level.

11. Udell

Expand Collapse

Plenty of times? you mean 3 hits when Katakuri was at 100%?? Mostly just basic punches and kicks?? Oda just repeated what he did with Doffy and we saw the result. Katakuri getting banged up so bad that he can barely counter Luffy. Without future sight the end result against Doffy is literally the same. That just goes to show you that he cannot match G4 force. He did it so effortless with G3 but why did he stop doing it? It's nothing but dodging and counter attacks. My point still stands I say no more.

Again you are making a case in where Big Mom is stronger than Katakuri which we all know. Never said anything about Big Moms CoO but even Big Mom would have to try to beat her first mate the same way Luffy would have to try to beat Zoro. Big Mom is stronger than Luffy well guess so was 90% of his opponents. I never once said Luffy was stronger than Big Mom, I said he will beat her ass and has everything he needs to do so. Crocodile was hyped and shouldn't even have lost to Luffy but guess what he still did.

Luffy's physical feats can prove a threat to a yonkou. All he needs is a power-up and haki which have been foreshadow for this whole arc and arcs before this one. Which is why I said power-up haki and he is fine you keep talking about currently. Next year is going to be a hard pill for you to swallow when Big Mom goes down.

Enjoy the rest of the arc sir.

12. Chicano180

Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Luffy could probably beat Big Mom at 20% lmao. Which she might hit by not eating.

No point of discussing anymore because it's clear you're okay with plot armor & bull to get thru an arc.

13. curryyummy

Expand Collapse

I feel like something great would happen in this another 1~2 years

14. Zeek

Luffy's Grappling Coach
    Haoshoku Haki Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

This is what I have been saying with the release of the most recent chapter. The most recent events of Whole Cake Island have forced the story into a position that can't be adequately handled within one to five chapters. It seems to me like we're going to have anywhere from 10-30 chapters until we are completely out of Whole Cake Island.

Part of me thinks the trip to Wano won't be too simple either considering Oda's comment. We may have to watch the crew continually avoid capture until they finally get a good distance away from Whole Cake. I really hope I'm wrong in this regard.

However, if it does take 30 chapters that would put us at December 20th or so until we are done with WCI.

Then, I think we have the Reverie before Wano which will allow some time to pass for the Luffy group to catch up with the Zoro group. I'm curious what action will occur at the Reverie though. The dialogue will be enough to keep me interested because the discussions and knowledge that we'll get from Reverie will be tremendous for future events and world building. However, Shonen isn't going to have One Piece go roughly half a calendar year with no action whatsoever. Very curious what the "conflict" will be at the Reverie and how long Oda can write an interesting arc without any of the Straw Hats present.

I'm hoping that these arcs taking longer than Oda plans also means the series will be longer than projected in our time. Years and years of One Piece please!

15. General Zoro

Expand Collapse

Can you please explain more to me what you meant by Aokiji and Akainu taking no damage from haki users?

16. Chicano180

Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Do you still think Luffy is going to defeat Big Mom this arc?

17. Erandel

Expand Collapse

I don't really care either way. If I'm still getting One Piece, then I'm happy.

Storm chaser likes this.
  18. Kevz

Little Brother
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I like this because this guarantees one piece won’t end in 2years

19. Pacquiao8

8th Commander of the Straw Hat Grand Fleet
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I guarantee you, OP won't end in less than 10 years.

20. Kevz

Little Brother
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Lol