1. Participate in the Monthly PAW May 2018 with a special category for our anniversary!
  2. Check out our latest video "One Piece Discussion: Wano Hype!" and discuss it with us!
  3. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

Oda's newest idea on how to take down Kaidou

Discussion in 'One Piece Theories' started by Seiryu, Apr 29, 2018.

1. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

#1 Seiryu, Apr 29, 2018
    Last edited: May 1, 2018
    I don't usually post theories, but I'm super hyped about this, since it is going to be Luffy's hardest battle (potentially of the entire series).

Edit: This obviously has multiple layers, so trying to explain just the part won't make sense if the prologue and body are missing.

Kaidou is the strongest being in the world, which is why Oda is having such a hard time coming up with a rational way for Luffy to win (comments Wano Kuni being his biggest undertaking).

His original plan is to have an awakened Lucci (he learns the requirements of awakenings from Dr. Vegapunk) and an awakened Luffy being the minimum to take down Kaidou.

The reason why Lucci will help Luffy is the mutual enemy of Kaidou. CP0's responsibility is to take down any macro threats (anything threatening an entire country or greater). Kaidou's alliance with Wano Kuni (a country feared for their battle prowess, but left alone since the villages war with each other and do not unite) is a clear threat that can easily topple Government countries. Lucci should (and probably will based on Oda's recent comments of not trying to outsmart fans that figure out his plans) be the one to show up in Wano Kuni. Tangent: this is why Stussy is at the wedding since Germa 66 and Big Mom having an alliance is a similar, but likely lower threat. Luffy did her job for her and she could stay in the shadows the entire time.

The "breadcrumbs" for this are Lucci's who re-appearances in the manga (as well as Film Gold). Finding and putting together the clues can lead to the answer of what's to come.

My side-tangent on Weevil is purely based on Oda's patterns. Luffy always, and will continue to "free" people that are enslaved by their environment. Most of the time, it is the main villain of the arc. For Weevil, he is being manipulated by his mother. Luffy "freeing" the illegitimate son is pretty much a guarantee based on Oda's patterns (a certain someone will completely disagree with this, but more on that later). The similar character traits and fondness of Whitebeard as well as a pure despise of Blackbeard will be the uniting factor. Luffy always changes people's opinion of him rapidly. Pretty much every arc has someone that miraculously takes a liking to Luffy. Again, more clearly established patterns that will continue through the rest of the series.

Oda love leaving "breadcrumbs" on future events. The original plan to take down Kaidou is a minimum of a tag team of awakened fruit users (Luffy and Lucci; I'll clarify for new users if they don't know what I'm talking about). Now that things are being changed, Oda is likely changing some of his future plans as well. Based on the following picture (as well as the few pages we saw of him and his mother), we know that the illegitimate son is also actively hunting Luffy down.

1.jpg
    At the bottom of the page, we see the "WARNING" that he is on the loose. I'm thinking he hunts Luffy down in Wano and my original theory of their similar characteristics and mutual hate for Blackbeard makes them best of friends. Luffy will "free" him from his mother (just like how he saves/frees people in every arc). Thus, the combination of an awakened Luffy, awakened Lucci, and the illegitimate son will take down Kaidou.

Weevil was probably supposed to be a separate incident, but now that Luffy is in the news, his informants will probably track down the activities of the other allies, namely the Nekomamushi group. He's too dumb to track people himself, so he either forces or pays for intel. An alternative is that he realizes the relation between Luffy and Marco, and gets the info from Marco (or maybe just overhears it when Nekomamushi talks to Marco).

The only downside is that the just exaggerates the gap between Luffy (even when he gets an awakening) and prime Whitebeard, Roger dying from his terminal disease, etc. Whitebeard even in his old age could take down Kaidou 1 vs. 1 (until his terminal injuries made him age normally).

So if this actually goes through, the super long-term theory is that Luffy gets an additional power-up of his gomu-gomu abilities when they free Dr. Vegapunk. Thus, this arc has to happen before his war against the Red Hair crew and Blackbeard's crew.

ckimbrew, Storm chaser and Mcguint like this.
  2. General Zoro

Expand Collapse

How does Lucci figure in anything that isn't anti-strawhat?

3. Admiral Ryokugyu

Admiral of the Navy
    Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Why are you talking about Lucci ? I don't get it
    Why did you suppose that Lucci will help Luffy in taking down Kaido ?

4. Pacquiao8

8th Commander of the Straw Hat Grand Fleet
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

The Lucci idea is based from a "leak" from an unofficial databook (from fired editors or assistants) released a few years ago.

5. Mcguint

Expand Collapse

#5 Mcguint, Apr 29, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2018
    My thoughts were originally that somehow Luffy was going to tag-team Kaido, for sure.

I mean, you know what I think of Kaido.. dude's probably a land, sea, and air monster. How was Luffy going to cope with that? Well, he's got a lot of friends. He's good at making friends-- and, he mastered Animal Forms in Gear 4th.

So... yeah, I could see something like Lucci, Weevil, and Luffy tagging Kaido.

Lucci's dream involves Dark Law, and as far as I can tell.. Dark Law doesn't necessarily mean he can't team up with Luffy to kill or otherwise diminish a potential threat.

Weevil, too, you know what I think of that guy. He's a big softy, really. Luffy will certainly become his friend.

---

Among the amount of people who could deal with someone like Kaido.. the thought of Lucci somewhat interested me because we've seen he's not limited to just fighting on the ground among other things. Who knows what Weevil would add to the fight.

---

I'm a little unsure of what the main idea is as well. But, I think it's kind of like... there's an expected line of events to occur, and Seiryu is suggesting there is going to be a slight change to that. Originally, it would've only been Luffy, Lucci, and some other Awakened people. But, it seems like Weevil is going to be joining them.

Then, he suggests there is also going to be a power-up for Luffy at a time when he frees Vegapunk. But, I am unsure of what specific time he had in mind for that one.

6. Tony

Unknown Member
    Haoshoku Haki YouTube Team
    Expand Collapse

[​IMG]

What exactly is this theory about? You’re jumping from one subject to another haha. Nice find on the newspaper thing though!

7. Booker

Not A Member
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Click bait and misleading title; this is your idea, not Oda's.
    Neither is this a theory. You lack any supporting evidence to actually make this a legit theory. It's an idea, like stated above.

Luffy working together with someone to take down Kaidou, yeah, why not. That idea is roaming around for years.
    Weevil being the one? Could happen. Weevil hunts Marco, Luffy is about to join forces with Marco, thus Weevil and Luffy meeting and Luffy using his "ability to make friends" to get Weevil away from Bakkin is certainly possible.
    Still lacks a reason for Weevil to fight Kaidou, though considering the nature of Weevil's character could something like this created easily.
    The idea could work out.

Throwing in Lucci for the fun of it without any reason or explanation as to why he would work together with Luffy of all people, sure, why not. People who like Lucci and can't think for themself might thus like this idea more.

Throwing in some powerscaling stuff like Old WB being able to take on Kaidou stirrs discussion, too. Certainly brings you posts.

Truly a masterpiece.
    5/7

Tony likes this.
  8. Mcguint

Expand Collapse

Ah, so it might not be a theory in the strictest sense of the word.

But, like you said.. still an idea. Can be an interesting one to consider, too. Lots of people have been considering what may be to come. Certainly some of this has crossed my mind already.

9. Booker

Not A Member
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

It's not a theory in any sense of the word. It's a theorem at best.

An idea that has been expressed a hundred times already; I'd bet even on this forum.
    The line of though isn't hard at all.
    Luffy isn't strong enough to beat Kaidou (something even Oda implied in an interview or SBS).
    We saw Luffy struggling against other strong people and had the help of others to beat those enemies.
    Ergo is the conclusion anyone can come to that Luffy will have help against Kaidou. It's not that hard.

The only "new" thing here is the characters that will help Luffy.
    Adding Weevil with a convoluted and flimsy excuse and Lucci for the fun of it.
    Adding to that some powerlevel/powerscaling fluff at the end doesn't make it better either.
    Certainly not something that justifies a thread; or rather, it might've justified a thread if it was intended as a discussion regarding the possibilities of Lucci and Weevil helping Luffy to take down Kaidou, but it isn't.

It's sold as a theory, based on an idea of Oda (the first being a lie, the second being the authors continued misconception that he has figured out OP to 100%, building new ideas and theories on old ideas and theories of his that are build on even older theories and ideas of his, that never have been confirmed, but that he treats as such)

Also, tagging or quoting people makes is a better way to reply to someone than simply making a post and hoping that the person who is intended to read it revisits the thread, noticises the post, reads it and comes to the conclsusion that is a reply to them.

10. Mcguint

Expand Collapse

Look, I'm just trying to take something positive out of this.

Also, I feel if you even cared to see the posting you would find it and know it was for you. I feel like I'm almost bugging people if I make notifications for every little thing I might have to say to them. I digress.

I am a little bothered you may have been confused that it was intended for you or not, but I believe in this particular case it was rather obvious.

[I will try to use the tagging more often]

---

He did also say he doesn't post theories often. That might not mean he's unfamiliar with it. But, perhaps it could mean we could give him some leeway for anything he might want to say.

@Booker (am I doing this right haha)

11. Booker

Not A Member
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I haven't been confused by that, it's been obvious for me that it was a reply intended for me.
    You just can't expect anyone to notice your reply, if you don't direct it at them with a tag or a quote. Not everyone is going back to a thread after posting in it to look for potential replies to them. (Well, I don't get the point in posting in a thread under these circumstances to begin with, as I don't see the point in expressing your opinion in such a place, if you don't want feedback, but there are such people)
    Especially not in an environment like this, were you're taught that people notify you in one way or another when they want to continue a conversation with you.

Quoting is actually the better way, tags often bug. Like the tag you just for me.

He doesn't post theories often anymore.
    He's more than familiar with it, especially considering the credit the people of OPF give him for the stuff he shares.
    He even has the position he has in the forum because of this, as far as I am aware.
    No leeway should be given or excuses made in that case; or generally really.
    You are either capable of formulating your thoughts and going over them to give a consistent explanation so that anyone can understand or not. This has nothing to do with agreeing or disagreeing either. Something can be well thought out and formulated regardless of subjective interpretation of the material the idea/theory stems from. This is simply not.
    Not to mention that this doesn't even adress the clickbait in the title, in a thread created by a Mod.
    Which is something standing extremely high on an irony scale.

Tony likes this.
  12. Mcguint

Expand Collapse

Yeah, there's a reason why I put you on ignore ages ago lol.... thanks for reminding me...

Booker likes this.
  13. Booker

Not A Member
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

You're welcome ^^

Tony, Yuuzume and Storm chaser like this.
  14. Storm chaser

Rock n' Roll
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Weevil and Luffy becoming friends seems actually awsome, and I could see it happen.
    They share a hatred for Blackbeard.
    So while Im not sure Weevil would fight Kaido, maby he will fight Blackbeard with Luffy.

Saving Dr. Vegapunk might happen. Someday. Im not against it happening before Wano.

Lucci coming in this and making an alliance with Luffy. Why would he, what would be his reason to fight Kaido and with Luffy of all people?

Seiryu likes this.
  15. Mcguint

Expand Collapse

Lucci might see Luffy as one of the Pirate Emperors, now. That might mean Lucci views the Three Great Powers as being out of balance. So, Lucci might have invested interest in that simply because he wants things to balance again.

How about that, @Storm chaser?

---

I mean.. there's 5 of them, now. That shows an imbalance in the Three Great Powers.

16. Booker

Not A Member
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

That makes Lucci, a person who hates Luffy, help Luffy to take down a stronger emporer?
    Sure, makes total sense ^^

Not to mention that he's a CP0 agent not someone acting independentely.
    Not something he gave up voluntarily the last time.

Yuuzume likes this.
  17. Mcguint

Expand Collapse

He might not suddenly say he's Luffy's best friend, since that's what you're trying to get at.

He might just indirectly help Luffy and gain the benefit of having downed a Pirate Emperor.

18. Mcguint

Expand Collapse

And I'm trying to ignore you... you're nothing but a stick in the mud.

@Booker

19. Booker

Not A Member
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

You know that there is an edit button, yeah?
    No need to double post. ^^

I'm also quite dissapointed now, though you were really going to ignore me. Totally ruined my game.

The scenario you're getting at is still highly unlikely.
    CP0 getting an order to help bring the balance back, not unlikely.
    Them targeting Kaidou and unexpectetely bulging in during the fight between Luffy & ally vs. Kaidou, rather unlikely.
    CP0 going for the weakest targets would make a lot more sense. Either Mama who is currentely weakened or Luffy, who isn't even officialy declared a Yonkou yet.
    Them bulging into Kaidou's territory and then additionaly into Wano of all places would be an utterly stupid move from a political standpoint, unless the WG have a new plan regarding the power balance that is going to alter the current balance in itself to begin with. <-somthing we don't know about yet and for which their is no indication
    Not to mention that they could simply let Luffy fight Kaidou alone. Whoever comes out alive is Yonkou and the balance is restored by itself.

Lucci getting orders to get there and kick Luffy's or Kaidou's ass doesn't make much sense at the point in time we're at.
    A CP0 member being in Wano because of an undercover-op, possible, but it being Lucci or him appearing there at all is unlikely with the information we currentely have.

Yuuzume likes this.
  20. Storm chaser

Rock n' Roll
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Well, Luffy isint officially one, but yeah.

I cant really see that as a reason. Lucci is also CP0. I also kinda see him as a person who would actually enjoy the imbalance. If Akainu dont give him orders to fight Kaido, I dont see him doing it. Booker does have a point there.

Also, if you tag someone after you have posted by editing your post, they dont get a notification of that. You should either reply directly to them, or tag them the first time you are posting. If you want a reply back for sure.