1. Check out our latest video "One Piece Discussion: Wano Hype!" and discuss it with us!
  2. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

[Official] One Piece Chapter 935: "Queen"

Discussion in 'Past Chapters' started by Seiryu, Mar 8, 2019.

1. Pacquiao8

8th Commander of the Straw Hat Grand Fleet
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

He's the next Straw Hat. Very powerful, veteran, reliable and fearless. :sweatsmile:

2. Admiral Ryokugyu

New Marineford
    Busoshoku Haki Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

The guy you're talking about is already a Straw Hat ( Jinbei ). Those are his characteristics.

Dreamer and Kia like this.
  3. Pacquiao8

8th Commander of the Straw Hat Grand Fleet
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

They need more but a "lesser" version, a step or two.

4. Mo3MaR

Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Well hyou was being held by Kaido almost 20yrs .. Imagine an old man doesn't received enough food all those years..

5. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

Yea, I just realized what got me confused: Oda's using an older reference (I guess the band/music aspect) with a new reference (the dance itself).
    This is more a continuation from the theory discussions, but the hype over the mystery prisoner did contextually imply someone really important. If that was the case, it would take more than just thick iron bars to keep them contained. Unless Kawamatsu is on a completely different level from the other two powerhouse Kouzuki allies, I'm assuming the bars are just normal iron and Kawamatsu has "normal" kairouseki cuffs on him to keep him in the full weakening state.

I did forget about Caribou, but I'm thinking he would only come into play when they have the full jail breakout. Like Shinobu mentioned, the numbers without Hyou-jiji is ~500. Contextually, a big chunk of the 4500 (maybe half?) are the strong workers in the prison (I would think there are other people strong/smart enough to not get captured).
    The count is still short though, so we still have to wait on more allies.
    I guess I have a different idea of funk and that's the "funk rock" classification explains it. Queen could definitely be one hell of a character if this superstar persona does apply to everything he does. It might be a little bit too much overlap with Mr. 2 though for me if it goes that far.
    Shanks doesn't even bat at eye (we see the silhouette of it happening). Oda confirmed that Shanks is already Yonkou level at this time, so his physical capabilities (the pain tolerance) is such that he is having full concentration (the loss of the arm and the contradiction of kenbunshoku isn't Oda's decision). Pac-man mentioned something along this lines already, but I'll second it.

Pain is purely subjective, and that's why most martial arts have specific brain exercising/meditation for the whole mind over matter cliche. So the missing context is Shanks being Yonkou level already. Luffy definitely is not Yonkou level in most if not all areas.
    But I wouldn't classify any of their works as "pure funk" though (and they don't have enough brotha/soul in them to do so). So Pac-man mentioning this "funk rock" classification. Queen is definitely intriguing through because he's having multiple references. I'm not arguing against the Freddie aspect or the funk aspect. The thing that threw me off is that I subconsciously recognized the modern dance/fad celebration. Something didn't fit/seem right and this modern dance/celebration/whatever the stupid thing is, is what didn't fit.
    Wait, so you're thinkig Kawamatsu betrayed his loyalties? Why is he imprisoned then? His "samurai code" would be such that he would die before selling out his nakama (based on the history between Kouzuki/Minks, they see each other as nakama).

Pacquiao8 likes this.
  6. Kia

Kia
    Wickedly Wanton Way with Words
    Busoshoku Haki Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

If Kaido is immortal because of the previous user of the Ope Ope no mi, then he could’ve used the fruit to cut Kawamatsu into pieces, leaving part of him on Zou and using a vivre card to locate him/it.

We’ve been over this in the long thread. It was established that he was told to change things but what changes he made were up to him. Thus, the content is genuine and his.

7. Admiral Ryokugyu

New Marineford
    Expand Collapse

I didn't say he betrayed, maybe they took Zou's Vivre Card from him. I'm sure there's a third mink who was with Inuarashi and Nekomamushi. He's the short one with a bamboo hat.

8. Admiral Ryokugyu

New Marineford
    Expand Collapse

The boring editor's comment for Chapter 936:

" Wano Country is in a state of disturbance ! Act 2 ! What did Luffy see ? "

" Everybody's hyped for the Golden Age of Pirates ! An exciting adventure in this arc ! "

9. Admiral Ryokugyu

New Marineford
    Expand Collapse

Eiichiro Oda's comment after Chapter 935:

" When i woke up after getting my chapter done, my family kidnapped me and threw me in the car. Huh ? Hot Springs ? Delicious food ? Yay, it's the Health Land spa ! "

10. Robin-Senpai Is The Best

Haoshoku Haki Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Good for him! Hope he has fun!

Dreamer and Seiryu like this.
  11. Kia

Kia
    Wickedly Wanton Way with Words
    Busoshoku Haki Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

12. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

Rationally, the effects of the user would negate (other than the immortality obviously). I guess it could fit if someone else had the Ope power and cut up Kawamatsu. Wait no...Law has had it for a while so that can't work since Law has the ability during the invasion. Yes, a Mink almost has to be related, but just stealing a part of someone's vivre card explains it. Since every Mink that is travelling is carrying one, killing the travelling Mink and finding the vivre card explains it. Ah, once anyone knows the truth about Zou, that's the smartest way to infiltrate. @Admiral Ryokugyu ah, looks like we do agree. Just had to establish the same context.

Also Kaidou truly being immortal kills part of the series. Now that we already know he has a zoan, the best durability in the world is probably just him already being a massive tank on top of the boosts from the awakening.
    If you want to view it as 100% Oda rationalized content then that's your choice. How do you explain the lack of any movement at all when the arm is bitten off? We see the same thing happen with Whitebeard's HEAD. Yonkou level is clearly different from every other character in probably every aspect (if anything physical strength might be the smallest since I think Luffy is close in that regards).
    More important is his physical/mental recovery. He damn sure deserves vacations.

13. Dreamer

Wandering Wondering Mind
    Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

I hope that Oda will have a great, relaxing vacation since he works so hard :).

14. ignisC4t

Expand Collapse

*opening site few minutes back
    *make a hot drink and listen music
    *remember something...
    *forgot to read new scanlation~
    *shit, am late again to read :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

-am gettin' old too fast

15. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

Mother nature is an unfair ***** (the ratio of healing compared to damage accumulation only gets worse with age)...although just gotta stay in shape to fight off the side effects of time. With the right treatments/maintenance the performance/function should have no significant decrease, but the recovery just continues to take longer and longer. I can hella relate though!

16. Fire_Fist_Recca

Expand Collapse

Sorry bro but i'm very busy, i haven't read and watch one piece for a year i guess, once i return to my country maybe i'll have plenty of time again to read manga and write some theories

Seiryu likes this.