1. Check out our latest video "One Piece Discussion: Wano Hype!" and discuss it with us!
  2. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

[OFFICIAL] One Piece Chapter 936: The Great Sumo Inferno Tournament

Discussion in 'Past Chapters' started by Seiryu, Mar 15, 2019.

?

Rate the chapter

1. 1/5: I hate action, plot progression, and even fan service (I think there's at least the buff males)

1 vote(s)
    4.3%
  2. 2/5: Meh, I'm still just a hater

1 vote(s)
    4.3%
  3. 3/5: Kinda meh (and I'm still just a hater)

1 vote(s)
    4.3%
  4. 4/5: Good chapter and hoped for more

7 vote(s)
    30.4%
  5. 5/5: Great stuff, couldn't ask for more

8 vote(s)
    34.8%
  6. >5/5: Awesome! Happiness...PUNCH!!!!

12 vote(s)
    52.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

#1 Seiryu, Mar 15, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2019
  2. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

Wanz didn't get demoted?! Or many wearing the Government logo isn't all that prestigious (I can't recall it being that prominent on clothing before).

Hmm...looks like Oda is having a change of heart on how Kawamatsu feels about Luffy. I didn't think it/notice it, but visually, that bone is aimed for Luffy. So from wanting to potentially kill the guy (I don't think they would treat Luffy if his carotid artery is bleeding), he's suddenly a full ally just hearing Raizou?

And I'm happy we have a slight tangent from Queen vs. Luffy! We get to see the fruits of Luffy's training as the underlings slowly get him warmed up. Content wise, none of them are a match for him except Queen and even with that, Luffy should win.

But freakin page 14 takes the whole freakin cake...Even Nami's "strongest attack" has had a power-up! It's probably a male talking about the "real national treasure", but Oda's got the women being affected too! This definitely makes the entire chapter.

But god damn...Drake takes "Sanji" to a whole new virgin level! I'm wondering why Oda is putting this out there...no one should need to be miraculously saved against a fight with Drake. Sanji can't be he ninja underwater: he'd have the explosion of blood seeing the underwater view.

I'm glad Oda is jumping straight into the plot progression and now the real fun begins! All hell is going to break loose everywhere and the timeline isn't the festival, it's just the progression of chaos!

And BEST FOR LAST! The Zoro fan in me is hella excited to see him fight at least somewhat seriously for more than a few seconds. The end of chapter text implies a Ryuuma connection to this guy. I'll be a little disappointed if he's the last strong samurai ally, but I guess that fits contextually (there are only so many people that can stand up to Zoro in Wano Kuni). However, typical Oda fashion would be to jump to something other than Zoro next chapter. Either way, I'm glad we are hitting the build up towards the LONG climax of the arc.

Chill024 likes this.
  3. Marco Polo

running with the wind
    Super Moderator YouTube Team
    Expand Collapse

Women’s Ba- I mean, what an interesting chapter!

Luffy’s will is completely unbroken as expected - there’s shades of Roger about that smile on his face when he uses Conqueror’s...

If Nami was still charging people to see her naked, she’d be rolling in cash right now - pretty much the entire bathhouse saw her goods

And please correct me if I’m wrong, but is Zoro going to beat that guy up so he can go and rob swords from the graves of samurai? That’s kinda dark

4. Chaudfontaine

Chaudius Caesar
    Moderator Member of the Year 2017 YouTube Team
    Expand Collapse

Happiness punch, sadnes punch for that backview tho :cry:
    Fanfic drawers, do your thing.

Very very enjoyable chapter.
    Luffy's enthousiastic cry for a real wano sumobattle. This should be very very interessting and cool to see. less funk this chapter tho, disspointed. Maybe he was defunked by the balloon guy comment.

Smoll question tho. How is luffy having conq haki still unexpected. I know we know it for a really long time already, but there have been lots of actions already that could be noted and distributed. For example marineford (untrained but still).

The bathhouse scene was epic. The amount of bloodloss is gigantic. Sanji, mi dude, he is in 7th heaven. He can die in peace. Or maybe not. Robin's ultimate national treasure attack still needs to be seen.

Drake coming in and fainting is just comedy purpose. Drake and strawguydude... hawkings! recognise our sanji stealth. Woops, trouble.

Bridgebattle gonna look cool. Smoll upgrade in swords. Noice. Fatso looks like he indeed haves a connection to ryuma.

The chapter right before the action. Me likey.

Chill024 likes this.
  5. Robin-Senpai Is The Best

Haoshoku Haki Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

-Gotta love that seduction technique
    -DAMMIT SANJI
    -Hope Drake turns out to be a fanboy of those comics too (and then him and Law exchange theories and end up arguing).
    -Speaking of Law, wonder what he's gonna do about his captured crew (I headcanoned him as being way over protective of Bepo, time to see of I'm right)
    -LOOK OUT FANBOYS, ZORO IS ABOUT TO GET AN UPGRADE THAT WILL MOST DEFINITELY PROVE HIS SUPERIOR STRENGTH AND MAKE HIM AN IMMEDIATE YONKO!!!

Seiryu and Chill024 like this.
  6. Pacquiao8

8th Commander of the Straw Hat Grand Fleet
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

My take:
    • How did Kawamatsu know that there will be a "final battle"?
    • Now, with that collar, did Luffy learned Rayleigh's technique used to remove Camie's collar? Luffy said that it's similar and that he's too confident again.
    • The key that Raizo stole might be Caribou's.
    • Kapapapa? Is Kawamatsu a kappa?
    • Now who spoiled the plan? Is that person the same one who spoiled Zou's location?
    • Argh, Robin in action is always being interrupted. :rage:
    • LOL at Soba Mask, liked his RS so much? :tearsofjoy:
    • LOL at Drake, Happiness Punch worked against him. Now I wonder if Nami will charge him cash next time they meet.
    • Who captured Bepo's group? Are HPs (minus Law) that easy to capture?
    • Mah boi Zoro! Nice clash! I think the weapon collector is an "ally".

7. ckimbrew

Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Loved it.

8. Admiral Ryokugyu

New Marineford
    Busoshoku Haki Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

still didn't read the chapter, but maybe he knows about Kozuki Toki's prediction ? that the retainers will be back after 20 years to seek revenge.

9. Kevz

Little Brother
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

The fated return of happiness punch

10. NoxDRaz

Expand Collapse

11. Chicano180

Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Disagree with you on Kawamatsu, personally have always thought that the bone fish was aimed at the guard from the beginning so this chapter makes complete sense imo. However, for some reason I get the feeling that he might not be Kawamatsu, just my hunch after the weird laugh lol.

What had me flabbergasted was the fact that Queen had no idea Luffy had conqueror's haki....but now thinking about it was never broadcasted showing off his conqueror's haki in the war of the best or at Punk Hazard. So I guess I can live with that.

I agree on the whole Drake thing, would have LOVED a Sanji vs Drake, and finally have Sanji redeem himself or throw himself in deeper waters lol.

As for the guy fighting Zoro, I like the reference shown on the last page of Jaiminisbox. They're saying it's likely referencing "Benkei" who is one of the most popular figures in Japanese history. However, probably to your dislike, he turns out being a follower of "Yoshitsune" after not being able to keep his sword. If that reference plays out to the "T" then we'd have the 1st of many Zoro followers from Wano.

12. Juggy

Expand Collapse

• Awesome chapter, I've really enjoyed it, almost like Luffy's enjoying his work outs. I could imagine the situation where Kid and Luffy were plotting the escape plan and when the due date came Luffy said something like: "You go ahead, I will stay a bit longer for work outs". He seems to be confident that he will manage to escape later, just like he said on the bottom panel of the page 7 - "We pretty much escaped already". He can use haki now and after he beats the Queen and his crew, he will take of the collar (Like Rayleigh did)
    • Nami-swan absolute MVP of this chap. Conquerors beauty in action, advanced level - hilarious panels with nosebleed
    • Kawamatsu is indeed kappa definitely. Good catch @Pacquiao8 . There are several hints: sumo wrestling, specific lough and even poisoned fish
    • Both Zoro and Sanji in action. Hype hype hype!

13. Trafalgar D. Mortyllien

Expand Collapse

Damn Luffy is getting ripped. Zoro will be getting another legendary sword im calling it.

14. sweetjacky

Purrrrple Kitty
    Moderator YouTube Team
    Expand Collapse

I enjoyed everything about this chapter besides the bath scene. It was such a bad fan service driven plot. If this was a seinen manga Nami had been raped instantly lol. No way guys in real life would faint because of a naked girl unless maybe they're virgins. It would have been so cool of she had used her mirage tenpo or some new technique that's similar but instead she went really cheap.

But nonetheless I'm hyped for Zoro's fight and hope it will be better than his last fight vs Pica xD I wonder what weapons that guy has stored away but they'll be useful for sure.

And the start of the chapter was cool as well. The talk between Raizou and Kawamatsu was interesting and I can't wait for his break out to finally see him! I'm also hoping that we see Luffy vs Queen soon or maybe Kawamatsu vs Queen which I'd like too.

15. Admiral Ryokugyu

New Marineford
    Expand Collapse

#15 Admiral Ryokugyu, Mar 15, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2019
    So what we learnt from this chapter is that Kawamatsu wears a bamboo hat, just like Inurasahi's, which further proves that he's the third mink.

05.png

You can see him in the right.

@Seiryu so Oda wasn't really teasing Kawamatsu's appearance, it's just because he's chained inside the cell and no light reaches him, so basically no one can see his face. Oda's waiting for him to be freed and that's when he'll reveal his face.

Also the revolution's plan was leaked ? Is there a traitor among them ?

Actually i don't agree with Zoro. Shusui is Wano's National Treasure, he was stolen by the idiot Moria, so i see no reason why he wouldn't put it back in its original place when he arrived at Wano. Zoro is the actual thief in this situation.

Raizo stole the wrong key ? but what if the key he stole is for the door/handcuffs of Kawamatsu ?

I'm feeling like what i've been dreading the most about this arc is happening. Oda might be trying to make Wano the longest arc in One Piece on purpose.

I see some stuff going on that'll just make the arc longer and that are not really important to the story. Bepo and the others getting captured is a perfect example. If Law finds out then he'll go to the rescue, which means more trouble. I'm expecting more alliance members to be captured in the upcoming chapters, Zoro is a possibility. I just hope he sticks to the main stuff no matter how short the arc ends up being.

good chapter though

16. Chicano180

Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I thought Kyoshiro is or was a Samurai of some important house/ruler.
    He's the one that likely knows what the symbols means

17. Admiral Ryokugyu

New Marineford
    Expand Collapse

but Kyoshiro is working under Orochi, Hawkins is working under Kaido, Kaido is keeping a lot of secrets from Orochi including Kozuki's retainers coming back just like the prophecy said ( Kaido knows that Raizo and the others are back, he sent Jack to look out for Raizo in Zou, he also asked Doflamingo to catch Momonosuke in Dressrosa ) but Orochi knows none of that.

18. ckimbrew

Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Yes, Moria stole it, but then Ryuma himself decided that the sword would love Zoro as it's new master.

Dreamer likes this.
  19. Juggy

Expand Collapse

• Luffy certainly is master of nicknames - Balloon guy is just hilarious
    • Speaking of Balloon guy, he is really giving a Queen (band) vibe from the start. From the name, dancing appearance in previous chapter and now "Show must go on", he continues to put up a good show - a dead match sumo wrestling show

20. Chicano180

Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Correct, about Kaido knowing and Orochi not knowing.
    However, Kyoshiro and his family have always been from Wano. As mentioned when the rebellion symbol showed up (chapter 921) "citizens from Wano would understand the message". Kyoshiro is a resident of Wano....not only is he a resident of Wano, but they're also the family that betrayed the Kozuki Clan. Not only that, but he was also "surprised" when he found the symbol from Kamurasaki after he cut her up.

To me it make the most sense that it's him. BUT who knows could also make sense that it's this girl that rots everything.
    Could make the case that she infiltrated the rebellion group to get intel. I mean she did say they were safe at the public bath and BOOM! Drake & Hawkins show up next chapter lol.....but then again she did save em from Kaido....idk makes more sense that it's Kyoshiro to me lol