1. Check out our latest video "One Piece Discussion: Wano Hype!" and discuss it with us!
  2. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

[OFFICIAL] One Piece Chapter 938: Her Secret

Discussion in 'Past Chapters' started by Seiryu, Mar 29, 2019.

1. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

#1 Seiryu, Mar 29, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2019
    strpnts likes this.
  2. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

Just to start off, two pages are "wasted" to show a "map of the chaos" (this is a necessary side-effect of the accelerated pace, so ain't gonna complain about it).

I'm pretty sure Zoro lost a lot more blood when Kuma did his pain extraction thing. Oda just needed a reason for Zoro to not instantaneously beat Gyukimaru. Speaking of which...that was a somewhat unexpected turn. I was definitely expecting Komurasaki (she's confirmed to be so on the last double spread page) to be an ally, but Hiyori? Freakin' mystery hat guy is the dumbest retainer ever...and she's been deflowered/defiled just to stay alive. I said I would just live with some of the smaller pieces not connecting up from the B.S. so I'll just end it there.

This chapter definitely does have quite a bit of juicy info though. Biggest thing for me, Bepo and the penguin guys 100% did not spill the beans. If Oda is having Shinobu flat out accuse them of this, this reeks of his usual distraction technique (present one thing just to do something else instead). I'm now betting on a double agent betraying them. Part of me thinks the betrayal will actually be beneficial in the end somehow, but that's what my gut says after this chapter. Kyoshiro seems like the obvious answer...and with the additional layer of simplicity recently, I'd bet on him.

Next big thing is that BOTH Hawkins and Drake are looking for a specific someone (and content implies two separate people). Who and why hopefully comes up soon since Drake's connection goes way back to when we see him work his way into the crew.

I actually feel sorry for Sanji...I think Luffy was put at a similar level once, but damn... I'm assuming he's losing his share of the treasure for over a year (Nami distributes the money to everyone).

Biggest surprise for me: gay-guy is an ally?! He knows Shinobu and Kanjurou?! He might actually be someone pretty strong (or at least play a critical role in a major part of the resolution). I'm super curious on the real life person he's based on now. Probably someone important too.

Funniest part of the chapter for me was Toko and her falling for Usopp's lie. It isn't going to do anything to accelerate the healing, but Zoro should be fine by the time the real fights start. I'll be a little depressed if Oda needs to keep Zoro injured to keep him in check for his match-ups against King/Oniwaban/whoever else. He made Zoro power-up too much from training under Mihawk, while Luffy got even more direct training from Rayleigh with a smaller power-up. But god damn Zoro...can't even give a little bit of sympathy to a tormented little girl. That was probably supposed to be a joke (Zoro being too "serious" [majime in Japanese]) but that rubbed me the wrong way. It's probably because I fully expect Toko to have a really messed up backstory, but he can't be that bad with kids.

3. Marco Polo

boy with luv
    Super Moderator YouTube Team
    Expand Collapse

URL was being funny so I’ve changed it

I’m predicting I’ll see a LOT of the Zoro-Sanji double standard when it comes to perceived strength. Because as cool as the end panel last chapter was, Zoro himself says he put in a shoddy performance and it’s cost him a win. But I expect to see a lot of people justifying it (I’ve already seen one justification in the post above) because it’s Zoro and SWORDS and BADASS.

As for the rest of the chapter, it looks like things are beginning to fall into place. Zoro’s goofy-looking friend from the start of Act 2 is joining the revolution, as are all the rebels who don’t get snuffed out by Drake and Hawkins. I wonder who’ll deal with those two...

Oh, and Hiyori’s alive. Very cool.

4. Chaudfontaine

Chaudius Caesar
    Moderator Member of the Year 2017 YouTube Team
    Expand Collapse

For me it was: nothing really happens, the chapter. Zoro fainting and getting pulled at his wounded arm was funny though.
    And ofcourse it is not bepo & co spilling beans, but it's likely there is some TR-8R somewhere.
    Sanji's face was also pretty funny.

And i liked the map, a bit of an overview, but it shouldn't be the reason for less pages of story.

5. bandurista24

Fifth Emperor
    Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

I KNEW IT! I SAID LAST WEEK 100% THAT GIRL IS HIYORI. AND IM RIGHT!

PS: I DONT KNOW WHAT THIS PERVERT MOMO WILL DO WHEN HE SEES HIS HOT CUTE SISTER HIYORI.

GOODBYE MY WAIFU, REBECCA OF DRESSROSA.

HELLO, MY NEW WAIFU, HIYORI OF WANO :hearteyes::hearteyes:

6. Deathbloke

Μπαντ μαδαφακα
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Hiyori is the cutest babe till now confirmed

I really don't know why some people think that is Komurasaki, it's obvious that it's a different person.

Can I have Hiyori?

7. strpnts

Expand Collapse

Anyone suspects Hiyori? Its so casual that she said those things to Zoro

Dreamer and Con D Oriano like this.
  8. Kia

Kia
    Wickedly Wanton Way with Words
    Haoshoku Haki Busoshoku Haki Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

Will you neglect her like you did @Marco Polo and KG? Because if so, no, I’ll take her off your hands...

Back to the chapter... glad it was her and not Komorasaki, makes more sense to me since I really couldn’t quite match the faces. Also, my favorite part, no lie, Law ready to eviscerate Shinobu over Bepo, Shachi and Penguin, sans devil fruit. I’m feeling a bit protective of my loved ones lately (haha “lately” says the one who’s been called a “lioness” for her protective instincts), so I enjoy seeing him show his heart. ^_^ 3F66F70A-32E6-4A86-AABB-F97F2FB89EB2.jpeg

@Seiryu the toad oil thing was definitely a close second. I thought it was funny that she stole it from Usopp because she fell for the lie.

At least Zoro’s claiming his screw up which leads to he might actually end up beating that scar. After all, the iconic PH speech has been referenced by others here. So we’ll see. Zoro’s picking up lots of pieces/threads that will be woven together later. I’m sure that’s why he has no sense of direction, frankly. It’s a plot device that was intended for more than just humor. Like he’s the guide that keeps things together in many ways but wanders himself. But was intended to find useful items along the way. Because life itself is a meandering voyage and sometimes our path isn’t a straight line but the detours lead us where we need to be or rather it’s what we make of each experience that determines the outcome and our end results/final destinations. Of course, that’s my take and I might be a smidge esoteric or more so than usual this morning. ^_^

9. Marco Polo

boy with luv
    Super Moderator YouTube Team
    Expand Collapse

I'm right here, you know.

10. Con D Oriano

Expand Collapse

I do too. She reminds me of pudding.

strpnts likes this.
  11. Admiral Ryokugyu

New Marineford
    Busoshoku Haki Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

What surprised me the most is that nobody seems to notice that the editor spoiled the shit out of us about Komurasaki being Hiyori in the map of chaos.

Look at Ringo's characters:

14c.png

Dreamer and Kia like this.
  12. Robin-Senpai Is The Best

MEAT OR CANDY?
    Haoshoku Haki Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

-I like how Law is so protective of his friend's.
    -Toko definitely not stealing medicine is hilarious (though it's the medicine Usopp sold unfortunately).
    -Welp, we found Hiyori! After this many chapters, we finally found her. There'd better be some backstory next chapter.

Seiryu and ckimbrew like this.
  13. Edinbour

The Red King
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Decent chapter but nothing special. I suppose I'm just hyped for the prison break and the battle against Kaido.
    Even though Luffy is getting some training in, I don't think he stands a chance against Kaido, but maybe he wouldn't be one shot this time :P
    pH and Hiyori, who didn't see that coming.

14. Robin-Senpai Is The Best

MEAT OR CANDY?
    Haoshoku Haki Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I think he'll be like Sanji and just know deep in his gut not to lewd.

15. Deathbloke

Μπαντ μαδαφακα
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Baka, we'll just add some spices to our bed

Robin-Senpai Is The Best and Kia like this.
  16. mysticalflute

Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

Wow, this chapter just bounced around from scene to scene didn't it? We must be ramping up to something big! Maybe the Big Mom attack on the prison?

I liked each individual scene, especially showing how the alliance could be falling apart (Shinobu and Law, Inurashi and Kinemon). I'm not too concerned since I know everything will be fine, but it's very realistic that so many leader-type personalities were going to clash eventually.

Also, either Hiyori is Komurasaki or Oda needs to learn how to draw women that actually look different from each other because... damn she looks a lot like Komurasaki.

17. Admiral Ryokugyu

New Marineford
    Busoshoku Haki Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

that's his weakness. He said it.

18. Kia

Kia
    Wickedly Wanton Way with Words
    Haoshoku Haki Busoshoku Haki Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

Check what @Admiral Ryokugyu said. He got what we missed. ^_^

Also, @sweetjacky, is it too late to do a story for PAW? If I’ve got time in my chaos, I might’ve just been inspired... by some things in this thread lol

19. Deathbloke

Μπαντ μαδαφακα
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Whaaa... Seriously? I sense some Star Wars Episode 1 happened at Orochi's palace. Some poor girl took her place or something. How the hell did she survive?

20. NoxDRaz

Expand Collapse