1. As a final farewell gift to our beloved creator, we're planning to make a "thank you" video. If you'd like to be involved, you can read more here.
  2. Our One Piece User Tournament is back. Join the fun now!
  3. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

[OFFICIAL] One Piece Chapter 945: O-Lin

Discussion in 'Past Chapters' started by Seiryu, Jun 7, 2019.

1. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

#1 Seiryu, Jun 7, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2019
  2. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

Right off the bat, awesome to see the Stampede poster and the greater than normal artwork.

The assistants are getting to draw Pandaman faces on the people fleeing on the first page. Nice touch for Oda to let them have some fun too.

So Drake is after Sanji and Hawkins is after Law. I'm curious as to what the requirements for Hawkin's voodoo life ability. Somehow there has to be a way around it/deactivate it. I'm still waiting to see what sort of grudge Oda creates for Drake/Hawkins. Something doesn't fit since they might not have even met before.

Poor Sanji...although that was hilarious. I'm a little disappointed on Oda sacrificing one of the Oniwaban as a weakling scapegoat for plot progression (he purposefully shows a shallow cut though). I don't get why there is a lock-on target for Sanji's face. It makes it seem like someone is trying to snipe him (there is a sound-effect of a digital lock-on). Probably a minor mistake on Oda/the assistants, but whatever. The rest of the chapter was great.

Woah, Oda introduces something potentially super interesting with Ashura (poneglyph?!). Too bad we will not see it for probably 10+ chapters...

Big Mom's nose is probably just as good as Chopper's when it comes to food (actually better since he didn't smell it). But Queen getting 1-shotted is not surprising (more on this a little later). Katakuri feared for his life when Big Mom perceived him slightly talking back. Luffy is only at a Yonkou exec level. If he gets 1 hit KTFO, so should Queen (when Big Mom lands an attack next chapter since all she is doing is pushing his head into the ground now). This seems like a legit cliffhanger since Oda could go full B.S. and have Big Mom start the 3-way war now. Thankfully, the saving panel is the presence of shiruko someplace in the prison.

Maybe it's just me but, it was a little funny to see Queen suddenly all buff in his full zoan mode. Nice touch to keep the stache/hair though. Hilarious character design.

3. Johannes

The End of the Beginning
    Navigator
    Expand Collapse

Poor Sanji :zoro:

O-lin is Badass :cool:

4. Chill024

Expand Collapse

Chooper naivety/positive attitude kills me hahaha, havent you learn anything from WCI choppermon?
    “Maybe the enemies are bullying her?” Best line on this chapter lol

5. Trafalgar D. Mortyllien

White Phantom
    Navigator
    Expand Collapse

Okay so Queen is dead check.. Just Kidding. Nice chapter ACT 2 is probably climaxing. I think it will be over in few chapters. Looking forward to Kaido's reaction Big Mom fucking up the prison.

6. Gogu48

Helmsman
    Expand Collapse

Just my opinion, maybe she didn't just 1shot him

7. Juggy

Helmsman
    Expand Collapse

Decent chapter, I've really enjoyed. The action panels in this chapter are just flawless. I feel sorry for Sanji, poor guy is trying so hard.... but he is in Wano, he should know by know that the Samurais get all the chicks :D..... Please Oda, give Sanji a girl or at least bring Pudding back :D.

Zoro met decent rival? Clearly, he recognized his power , but I think this fight is going to be over soon, once Orochi escapes to safety. I can see Kyoshiro stopping the fight and saying something like they will meet again, he wanted just to protect the shogun. I am more curious what is Ashura going to show them. I still didn't give up on him, he will join the revolution.

Drake vs Sanji? Drake seems to be more agile in his Dino form compared to Page1. Also he managed to land a blow that Sanji didn't even noticed.

Basil vs Law? Basil looks like a perfect counter to Law's DF. Also, regarding both Basil and xDrake, i think it would be better if they remain loyal to Kaidoa and Apoo as well. It will make a perfect balance within Supernovas (assuming that Kid will team up with Luffy), at least in this arc.

Edit:

I forgot about BM vs Queen. BM trashed Queen to the ground and it is left to be cliffhanger, but I think it is over for good. There are two reasons why I believe that:
    • 1st to show the power gap between Yonkos and commanders
    • 2nd - it will create chaos big enough to let Luffy and the crew escape

8. ckimbrew

Navigator
    Expand Collapse

Ahhh! The first mention of the bounty. Sanji definitely cares. Lol

@Seiryu Hawkins and Law met earlier in Wano. Law stopped Hawkins’s pursuit of Luffy. Law got to learn Hawkins’ ability and Hawkins got to learn Law’s. BAttle between two intelligent characters.

I’m thinking law will change hearts with Hawkins and his crew and then kill Hawkins somehow, or will just pop Hawkins’ heart out with scalpel. The second sounds the easiest. Either way, using his crew members as shields guarantees we’ll get to see Laws very best. And I can’t wait!

I sincerely hope Aida will show us what Luffy is truly thinking after fighting Kaido and Big Mom. Then, seeing Big Mom right in front of him now.

Sure, he’s intentionally trying to get stronger and to learn new attacks, but the power and experience difference is WAY larger than I believed it to be. Especially since I was one to believe that future sight was going to help close that gap significantly.

Seiryu likes this.
  9. Edinbour

The Red King
    Yonko
    Expand Collapse

Excellent chapter with loads of action!

"Break next Week" which sucks, but it just means more hype! :)

10. Dreamer

I'm more like a stone than a snowflake
    Navigator
    Expand Collapse

That One Piece Stampede movie poster was very cool :).

When Brook sang "vengeange~~" I imagined that he's singing it in tenor. Also I couldn't help but laugh when I saw Sanji's heartbroken expression :smile:.

And of course Big Mom must ask if "Big Mom" is a tasty treat :sweatsmile:.

I dare to say that SanjiXPudding is one of the canonest pairing in this series.

Juggy and Seiryu like this.
  11. Kia

Kia
    All about amare, anima, and anime.
    Captain
    Expand Collapse

Wow I thought I posted already.
    • Luffy yelling at the two of them to get their sh*t straight before they killed Kid & Killer
    • Queen is a vegetarian? For real? Interesting. I didn’t think much about the other dinosaurs but this one surprises me. I guess his favorite food doesn’t include meat so there’s that. I mean how vicious can a giant, prehistoric giraffe be really? Ehh, I take that back. Any animal is dangerous when threatened
    • Hiyori needs a weapon that’s not gonna put her comrades in danger (so when is she gonna fight for real? and not just be crafty? I knew her presence was a risk) Though the Sanji/Zoro interplay as a result of her distress was awesome.
    • I’m glad Usopp rescued Toko since he’s the reason she’s at risk—toad oil, my left nut.
    • Chopper is precious—they’re bullying O-Lin lmao
    • Oh Law! The agony—will swapping personalities undo the effect of the voodoo doll/straw man spell? I mean, there’s got to be a way.

12. NoxDRaz

Helmsman
    Expand Collapse

13. Robin-Senpai Is The Best

Loafing Monochrome
    Captain
    Expand Collapse

-Oh HELL no Hawkins, you did not just do that to Law and his friends!
    -I see Sanji found out the news about Hiyori and Zoro. You can see the exact moment his heart breaks, and boy is that a good face.
    -Nice to see O-kiku again, it's been a while. (Her disguise is great XD)
    -Awe, Luffy is concerned about Kidd and Killer! So sweet (no Big Mom I do not mean sweet as in dessert, don't eat them).

Dreamer and Kia like this.
  14. Edinbour

The Red King
    Yonko
    Expand Collapse

Chapter 946 has to be when Luffy breaks out, especially now that Big Mom is there. :)

15. kaizokugari

Helmsman Crew Member Apprentice Member
    Expand Collapse

Yo Mama punched so bad she made one piece take a break next week.

Yo Mama made Queen look like the princess.

Yo Mama so hungry she ate the dragon fry.

Couldn't control. #yomamabigmama

16. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

Haha...oh man...I completely overlooked that speech bubble. Yes best line in the chapter!
    Ah, that's right. Thanks. And that's exactly why Hawkins figured out the perfect counter to Law's ability.
    Yes, taking Hawkins' heart creates a stalemate (Hawkins can transfer the heart to be any of the 3 nakama as long as he is conscious). Oh wait, if Law takes the heart, he can squeeze it enough to KO Hawkins. This then negates the voodoo doll ability. At least we got the solution to this fight (unless Oda decides to introduce the negation of the voodoo doll).

As for Luffy/Yonkou/admiral level, I have to think all the Yonkou/admiral have foresight level kenbunshoku. Based on Rayleigh, all of them are the "seeing type" (while Luffy is a "feeling type"). Unless Oda introduces haki mastery now (the Keimi explosive collar magic), the only other power-up big enough is Gear Fifth/awakening.
    Yes!!!
    Hmm...I agree Hiyori has been implied to have trained, but I doubt she is strong enough to fight off a powerhouse level opponent (why she considered staying in hiding until the plan was completed).

100% agree on the Usopp/Chopper part.

Ah, forgot about the personality swap. Yes, that would work too since anyone else wouldn't know how to use his fruit ability until they got some practice.
    Thankfully she doesn't seem to be in full food craving mode yet so she shouldn't be eating anyone's soul.

17. Pacquiao8

62-7-2 (39 KO)
    Supernova
    Expand Collapse

See that guys, Lin is dragged there by Oda to show the gap between a Yonko and a Yonko Monster Trio. That's all.

18. matbeanz

Expand Collapse

loved this Chapter, so much things going on.

Damn Orochi wanting to behead everybody with a retard smile, almost as obnoxious as Joffrey in got lol.
    Zoro asking himself about Kyoshiro but I wonder if it's more about his power or the fact that he may be undercover.
    The Oniwaban crew is funny but doesnt seem to be a real threat, maybe they can get turned around somehow.

I'm hoping for some stealth black action against that dino, big time. About the sniper view I think it's just that Sanji got his perv radar upgraded and instantly locks a hot target when he sees one lol

I fear Law may not have much choices and choose at least one life on the three held by Hawkins...

What Ashura wants to show to them, not sure it's the poneglyph since Kaido is supposed to have it already. Maybe it's something to do with what happened 20 years before.

Big mom casually stomping Brachiosaurus head hahaha. I dont think it's a one-shot though.

My theory is that he will go all-out on her, at least land a hit somehow, which will turn her back to normal state of consciousness. Luckily Luffy will have break out with the others by the time this happens lol.

Aaaah break next weeek :'(

19. BlindWolf

Helmsman
    Expand Collapse

I'm late on this, sorry.

I don't think Queen's going to be one-shotted by BM. The end of this chapter gives me a similar vibe to the one where Luffy Elephantgunned Kaidou and we were all expecting that punch to go through but it actually just made him sober again (ofc BM is much stronger than Queen but i don't see our balloon man going down without a fight!)

20. Pacquiao8

62-7-2 (39 KO)
    Supernova
    Expand Collapse

Probably not (even Jinbe and Chopper tanked a tackle) but Queen will be overwhelmed soon even by that form of Big Mom. Another reason why Big Mom needs to slay Queen is to injure the latter to even up the Sanji fight.

Seiryu likes this.