1. Check out our latest video "One Piece Discussion: Wano Hype!" and discuss it with us!
  2. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

[OFFICIAL] One Piece Chapter 945: O-Lin

Discussion in 'One Piece Manga' started by Seiryu, Jun 7, 2019.

1. BlindWolf

Expand Collapse

At this point I'm not so sure that Sanji will take on Queen. Especially considering that we need fights for all the 9 (?) retainers and that Zoro will probably fight Kyoshiro rather than King.

2. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

I agree on the additional "upgrade" for Sanji, but the first panel seems like a mistake. Why is Sanji being targeted? The second panel of zooming in and locking on Hiyori makes sense. Sanji locking onto himself doesn't.
    Yes, I would fully agree that Queen isn't KO'd from Big Mom slamming his head, I would also fully agree that Oda wants to show off what Queen can really do. I would expect a repeat of Luffy vs. Kaidou though. A distracted Yonkou (Kaidou by being drunk and Big Mom from her hunger) should easily take out a Yonkou exec.
    Yes the Scabbards need fights too, but they are not even close to Luffy's current level. Unless they team up, none of them can take on King, Queen, and probably even Jack (Inuarashi/Nekomamushi need a full moon to get their revenge and they said so themselves). Kiku is a Scabbard and she is fearful of Queen.

I would put the Scabbards against Big Mom execs if anything.

3. BlindWolf

Expand Collapse

#23 BlindWolf, Jun 11, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2019
    Totally agree and that's why I see each calamity fighting 3 Scabbards; they are the ghosts of Wano and they need to fight their true enemy that is either Kaidou or Orochi! BM is not really part of their arc and I don't think they'll get too involved with her.

4. Captain_tatsumaki

Expand Collapse

Highlight of the chapter was Sanji's face:joycat:

5. Zeek

Luffy's Grappling Coach
    Haoshoku Haki Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Sanji cracked me up thinking about the bounty in a moment like that. Good comedy bit by Oda.

Surprised that Kyoshiro can stalemate Zoro even with some nerfs attached. Still think Kyo-san will flip to the good side.

Big Mom told Queen to sit the f*** down!!! Baby shaking moment. Hope Queen doesn’t even get up to be honest; though I know the old maid will.

6. Pacquiao8

8th Commander of the Straw Hat Grand Fleet
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

If your idea happens:
    • Kin'emon, Kanjuro, Denjiro vs. King
    • Kawamatsu, Raizo, Kiku vs. Queen
    • Duke Inuarashi, Master Nekomamushi, Doji vs. Jack

BlindWolf likes this.
  7. BlindWolf

Expand Collapse

The second team is done for :tearsofjoy:

8. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

Terrible writing by Oda if Big Mom and all of the execs shown literally just idly watch the entire arc happen. The discussions with Ryokugyu have me thinking this war will be a 4-5 way war (Luffy, Kaidou, Big Mom, Marine/CP0, and or RA). The biggest aspect for down the line is the massive gold coins/reserve. Everyone is worried about their immediate priorities, but the gold will be a huge factor to Luffy's future success.
    Even without a full moon, this seems like overkill because these might be the strongest 3 Scabbards.

9. BlindWolf

Expand Collapse

Definitely overkill!

I never put "Oda" and "terrible writing" in the same sentence but, if there is something I did not like, is the apparent huge difference between BM crew and Kaidou's.

10. Elan Morin Moridin

Expand Collapse

Can see Queen keep getting back up and BM keep putting him down but not KOing him. Then a frustrated Luffy anxious about drowning Killer and Kidd, loses it and just KKG's Queen out of the whole area. Kills 2 birds with one stone really. Luffy gets the credit for taking out the mini-arc Boss of the prison so not wasting the prison plotline that's been buidling up as him being the saviour of Hyogoro and the other prisoners.

After all that, he has to deal with a ravenous Yonkou :pokerface:

11. mysticalflute

Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

12. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

But that's why there's an "if" in there. I don't expect it, but he can kill all possibilities of B.S. with 1-2 panels for each respective situation. But at the same time, that's not his style (he purposefully leaves certain parts of the plot completely open and goes on a different tangent so people forget about it).
    Hmm...seems like too much of an "empty" victory per my bias. The Big Mom part will be curious because seeing Luffy could trigger her memory returning (she's so petty on "losing face" with Luffy surviving his invasion). Thankfully, Oda put in the necessary panel of her smelling shiruko. It is somewhere, and the 100 Beast crew minions all fear her, so whoever is cooking it might just bring it out to her.
    Thanks!

13. Pacquiao8

8th Commander of the Straw Hat Grand Fleet
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

It's based from who has some history with the other, except for the first matchup.

14. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

Of course I won't deny the history between Inuarashi/Nekomamushi and Jack, but I personally want to see one of them take Jack out alone. Sure, this might necessitate a full moon, but that seems the most fitting revenge to me.

15. BlindWolf

Expand Collapse

If one of the two dies from Jack's hand, the other will surely go in beast mode and take out Jack. It would also be great to see them resolve all of their issue one last time in a classic emotional OP moment.