1. Check out our latest video "One Piece Discussion: Wano Hype!" and discuss it with us!
  2. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

[OFFICIAL] One Piece Chapter 951: Rampage

Discussion in 'Past Chapters' started by Seiryu, Aug 2, 2019.

1. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

#1 Seiryu, Aug 2, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2019
  2. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

So we finally get the full story behind the changing of the dates. I didn't find the reference in the raw, but it doesn't matter since the narrator already told us the date of the war (and I think the plan date has to get updated so the dates still match up).

Pandaman makes another appearance on page 11 (kinda often for Wano Kuni) but maybe it's a nod to Yasu.

Freakin Usopp and Robin...that was hilarious. Good thing about twitter is that the editor can give immediate feedback to Oda on the huge hits.

I completely overlooked the number of ships needed, so I'm glad Oda took care of that with a beautiful double page (the detail and erosion on unimportant parts of the ship is stunning). The important parts of the ship are still perfect though, so Oda's attention to detail is still top-notch.

Interesting side note is Big Mom declaring she has all races present in Tottland except for 3 (we know giants and now this mystery "extinct" race that King belongs to). This may be revisionist history to cover up the overlap with King's character design, but I'm really liking this twist. And best, we have theory fuel for what the 3rd missing race is.

Makes sense for Kaidou to be so arrogant (he knows he can take anyone in a 1v1 in the world now). But off of the top of my head, the parting of the sky is bigger than the Whitebeard/Shanks panel. Shanks out of respect to Whitebeard, threw a weakened strike to only match Whitebeard. So now we see the true extent of a Yonkou-level attack (level 2 haki included). But that's one proper cliffhanger. Thankfully things are starting to go back to normal!

ckimbrew, Dreamer, Chill024 and 2 others like this.
  3. onami

Expand Collapse

good chapter. Enjoyed it. Especially the escape expressions of usopp and robin. Glad to see that none of the Law’s pirates ended up like Kidd’s pirates. I’m surprised about Hawkins action. He might have ditched an alliance with Kidd and joined kaidō but something is not quite right. I kinda feel like he might have seen those tarot cards and saw that they cannot defeat kaido or not the right opportunity.
    I wonder why law doesn’t want luffy to know that he’s been captured. In the last chapter I thought it was because of luffy’s reaction ( that he will come and rescue him) but now it seems like there’s something more.

I’m more curious about king’s race and also the other race. And surprised about kaido and big mom being crew mates once upon a time ( btw, that must be one hell of a crew)

About the yonkō fight, it’s cool but not as intimidating as whitebeard vs shanks. Besides normal haōshaku no haki and colours of haōshaku no haki, I think there’s another stage of haōshaku no haki too. Like the haki these yonkō are using.

I would give 3 stars for this.

4. Edinbour

The Red King
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Great chapter! Seeing Kaido and Big Mom clash was awesome, although what made the chapter an 11/10 was definitely the return of the Robin face!! :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

5. GoldenVenus

I shall rise
    Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

Good chapter! I didn't expect to see Robin making that face again though! Omg Robin XD Usopp in the wanted poster is looking so handsome! XD

But what race does King belong to though? It got me really curious. It's getting really exciting now that Kaido and BM are finally clashing (that effect would probably look awesome in the anime) I'm really looking forward to see what's gonna happen next. Is the battle really gonna take place in the next chap? And I'd like to know how Luffy is doing with the treatment. The jailbreak needs to happen soon!

Does Law know that Luffy is in prison? I honestly can't remember, but if he knows about it, then I also agree that there might be something else. Law could've had a certain backup plan in case things go awry, and Luffy is needed for that. Who knows. He's the brain of the team, he must have something right?

6. Robin-Senpai Is The Best

☆~Fashion~☆
    Haoshoku Haki Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

-I guess Law doesn't want to get even more indebted to Luffy.
    -Lol Usopp and Robin doing the faces to get past. Classic Oda humor.
    -Robin being motherly is somehow adorable. Nice to see that side of her again (or see her at all, Robin screentime is good screentime).
    -So Big Mom was pushed off on purpose!
    -Oh shit Big Mom and Kaido fight! There'd better be some awesome lore reveal about those two during that fight because who doesn't love lore?

Seiryu likes this.
  7. Marco Polo

“super moderator”
    Super Moderator YouTube Team
    Expand Collapse

ooh wow the sky cracked again, these “kaido” and “linlin” fellas must be real important!

8. Admiral Ryokugyu

New Marineford
    Busoshoku Haki Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

#8 Admiral Ryokugyu, Aug 2, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2019
    The Kappa race ? or the small guys from Dressrosa ?

- Anyway great chapter, Oda is preparing us for the Rox story reveal. " Did you know that Kaido and Big Mom were in the same pirate crew ? " is definitely a reminder to tease the Rox reveal.

- Everything is set and ready for Act 2 to end, except for Onigashima's situation. I predict that Act 2 will end next chapter.

- King being the only one left of a race that's extinguished from history is very interesting.

- Big Mom asking King to join her crew reminds me of Shanks asking Marco to join his.

9. Dreamer

I'm more like a stone than a snowflake
    Busoshoku Haki Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

• That "Stampede Dinner" was quite lively. Sabo managed to rescue his ramen but Law... Luffy is little bit nearer the death... Again...
    • Gotta agree with @GoldenVenus ; drawers did good job with Usopp's poster and Usopp and Robin using their shocked expressions to pass guards was amusing :smile:. Also Shinobu doesn't need to worry because people probably doesn't recognize her from her wanted poster
    • So there's other races in addition to giants who doesn't live in Tottoland, I wonder what race King belongs to?
    • Epic way to end the chapter :openmouth:!

GoldenVenus likes this.
  10. ckimbrew

Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

What race got killed off? Is that important. Seems like it may be.

What race is King? Or, is the race that’s supposedly extinct??

King definitely wasn’t as afraid of BM like Queen was. Levels?

I love how BM pretty much just stole Brook’s like from WCI.

This arc is going to be insane!

11. GoldenVenus

I shall rise
    Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

Plot twist, that poster drawing is what she really looks like.

12. Dreamer

I'm more like a stone than a snowflake
    Busoshoku Haki Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, it looks just like how Shinobu used to be before she ate a Devil Fruit.

13. NoxDRaz

Expand Collapse

14. Icecrusher

Calm Winds
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Well Big Mom already has Charlotte Normande, right?

Anyway, I am guessing King belongs to a Moon race...

For some reason when I saw her poster, I immediately thought of Jewelry Bonney.. makes me wanna see her in this arc. Haha.

Seiryu and ckimbrew like this.
  15. Admiral Ryokugyu

New Marineford
    Expand Collapse

you're damn right, thanks for the info

16. mysticalflute

Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

Poor Sanji. His wanted poster looks better in Wano than it does in the rest of the world.

"I value our captain over the plan." OH THIS IS BAD. THIS IS BAD BAD BAD.

Robin and Usopp using their HUH?!?! faces to get on the ship was hilarious.

Aww, poor Toko.

"Did you think I was just sleeping for the last 20 years or what?" Oh Ashura.

The details on the ship wrecks are stunning. Oda is absolutely nailing the smallest details of Wano.

Queen yelling at King. I KNEW that was going to happen.
    Knowing Jack's age of 28 makes me understand why he calls Queen and King "Big Brother" now.

.... King pushing Big Mom off the waterfall was YESTERDAY!?!?!? Please tell me that's a translation error. I hate the timeline of this manga so much sometimes.

I wonder what race King is.

What's interesting to me is the reactions of Kaido's crew vs Whitebeard and Shanks' crews when WB and Shanks clashed. If I remember correctly, they were uneasy and knew it wasn't good, but they weren't completely panic-stricken like Queen and the others. Very interesting.

17. Admiral Ryokugyu

New Marineford
    Expand Collapse

#17 Admiral Ryokugyu, Aug 2, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2019
    Law sacrificed himself to save them so it would be very stupid if they do the same, they get captured and Law freed, then Law captured and them freed, endless loop

you know what's worse ? Return to Sabaody, Fishman Island, Punk Hazard, AND Dressrosa happened in the span of two days. Dressrosa arc took place in a single day.

the random dudes were already knocked out by Shanks' Haki, so only the strong and experienced ones were still awake. Here we got the useless nerds from Kaido's crew along with the clown Queen, who obviously has humour purposes in addition to him being an All-Star, that's why Oda showed his suprised face and not Jack's or King's.

Jack wasn't even fazed when his men told him that Fujitora and Sengoku are on board Doffy's prison ship, he was like " who do you think i am ? " and ordered them to get him closer to them. Same thing for King, he's a badass. As for Queen, my avatar says it all.

18. Marco Polo

“super moderator”
    Super Moderator YouTube Team
    Expand Collapse

I totally forgot about this, messes with my head every time I think about it

If King is alive the race can’t be extinct, that’s not how extinction works. But if I had to guess what race he is, he’s probably some kind of Sky Island person based on the wings?

19. mysticalflute

Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

Stop making my head hurt. :P

20. Admiral Ryokugyu

New Marineford
    Expand Collapse

he's dark and has flames, i remember those theories that said King is some hell creature when he first got introduced. The guys from Sky Island have white wings, King has black ones and looks dark and evil, it's like a race that's the archenemy of the Sky Island race.

Seiryu likes this.