1. Check out our latest video "One Piece Discussion: Wano Hype!" and discuss it with us!
  2. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

[OFFICIAL] One Piece Chapter 951: Rampage

Discussion in 'Past Chapters' started by Seiryu, Aug 2, 2019.

1. Dreamer

I'm more like a stone than a snowflake
    Busoshoku Haki Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

Big Mom already have a daughter with dwarf.

2. Cytheria

Expand Collapse

Oda pushed himself very hard this time, three chapters in a row without a break, i was very surprised that i didn't see an announcement but i was 99% sure that he would do a break before releasing 952 chapter.

3. Admiral Ryokugyu

New Marineford
    Busoshoku Haki Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

is this sarcasm ? you know that three chapters in a row is the strict minimum right ? Oda's normal schedule is to release 4 chapters in a row then a break

it's not his break. It's WSJ's break.

4. Cytheria

Expand Collapse

It's not sarcasm at all, i have read an article about the difficult life he is living so he can have the next chapter ready every week and i admire him for that, i always thought that his strength and willpower allowed him two chapters before taking a break so seeing him going three (or even four) chapters strong was a surprise.

Also it doesn't matter if it's his own or something else, a break is a break and i am sure that he took the opportunity to have some rest this week.

5. Admiral Ryokugyu

New Marineford
    Expand Collapse

Yep it takes tremendous endurance to draw a chapter every week. He took no break in 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, only one break in 2001, i can't imagine how difficult it was.

6. Admiral Ryokugyu

New Marineford
    Expand Collapse

King's wings color has been changed in the opening. They're now black.

7. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

Dwarves were shown in at least one panel. I didn't know there was a dwarf husband though.

8. GoldenVenus

I shall rise
    Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

Really? Haven't continued the anime so I didn't notice. So does that mean it was a mistake or...? Or was it a mistake of spoiling things before it was shown??

9. mysticalflute

Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

It was most likely just an oversight. They're obviously supposed to be black in the manga.

10. GoldenVenus

I shall rise
    Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

Well, that could be the case. But, as someone who has worked for a production, I'll just tell you that we would never, NEVER, made that kind of mistake. It might seem nothing, but that would be considered a very stupid and ridiculous mistake in our field, if it was indeed a mistake. We can't afford to overlook anything. So I have no idea what happened here.

11. Admiral Ryokugyu

New Marineford
    Expand Collapse

It was confirmed that the white color was actually a mistake. King's wings color is black.

I mean it's obvious. Tenguyama Hitetsu's wings aren't black in the manga, King's are.

Seiryu and mysticalflute like this.
  12. GoldenVenus

I shall rise
    Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

Wow, they sure made a very stupid mistake then. Shouldn't have happened.

13. mysticalflute

Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

I mean, they also 99% likely spoiled Denjiro's identity in the opening by showing Kyoshiro with Ashura Doji so... it's not like this is the first big mistake they've ever made.

14. GoldenVenus

I shall rise
    Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

The part about Denjiro doesn't seem like a mistake to me, they purposely put him there, regardless of whether it would spoil things or not. They surely would have discussions on what to include and what not to include. If they did that without Oda's permission, they'd get into big trouble, so surely Oda had given a green light. The mistake on King's part is entirely a different story.

15. Admiral Ryokugyu

New Marineford
    Expand Collapse

The studio should have no access to future plot elements like that one. Oda and his editor are the ones who know about the future of the story, the animation team in Toei gets the chapter 1 week early, so i don't see how they could have known that Kyoshiro is Denjiro.

unless they did it on purpose in order to mislead people.

16. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

Oda drew Zoro's scar on the wrong eye in the first color spread/first released image of everyone after 3D2Y. This was the beginning of all of his extra stress phase, but it was Oda's first "major" mistake.
    Yes, the studio does not have access, but Oda is in constant communication directly/indirectly to guide the anime (and the opening animation). It isn't spoilers in Japan since most fans are primarily manga readers (sporadic anime watchers), so this is why Oda/the team had to communicate accuracy on the upcoming designs, color schemes, etc.

The biggest thing for me is Oda is directly/indirectly guiding the "pseudo-fillers" of expanding on scenes not shown in the manga but are directly implied. Oda's slowly gotten better at creating these opportunities recently. At least if there are scenes completely absent from the manga (Sanji fighting Page One), then it gives a reason for fans to watch).

GoldenVenus likes this.
  17. GoldenVenus

I shall rise
    Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

Oh, I don't remember that one. Well, not that I don't understand (I'm a writer too so I know how stressful it can be) but that's why they don't work alone. They have editors. They should've made sure no such thing would happen. Well, I'll let it slide since King's white wings only appeared for only a brief second, but things that would lead to misinformation shouldn't have happened.

Pretty sure the reason he agreed to put it in the opening is to raise the hype.

Seiryu likes this.
  18. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

Yup, all 100% true. But at the same time, most writers don't have the responsibility (self-imposed for Oda) to oversee all anime, movie, promotional artwork (as far as I know, Oda still does all of these), etc. It's a miracle to me that this sort of stuff is only happening recently. It took forever for Oda to expand to have a respectable number of support staff. It took even longer for him to let them draw anything that moved (all projectiles, background people/animals, etc. were all still drawn by Oda until relatively recently).

It's a guarantee Oda has higher standards than all of us, but King's wings are something that just got overlooked. There aren't many instances of even such minor problems happening (Zoro's eye is pretty much the exact same thing).