One of the straw hats will die in one piece?

Discussion in 'One Piece News' started by Rosinante D Flamingo, Sep 23, 2017.

?

Who do you think will die?

Poll closed Oct 21, 2017.
  1. Luffy

33.3%
  2. Zoro

6.7%
  3. Sanji

6.7%
  4. Usopp

26.7%
  5. Nami

6.7%
  6. Chopper

6.7%
  7. Robin

6.7%
  8. Franky

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Brook

6.7%
  1. Rosinante D Flamingo

Expand Collapse

I recently read that according to oda, one of the straw hats is going to die in the series. I've had this theory for some time and decided that with this recent news now would be a good time to share it. My theory is that Luffy will be the one to die at the end of one piece and Zoro will be the one to kill him. I know it sounds very far fetched but at least hear me out.
    PS. It might seem I am getting off topic but it'll all connect at the end. And it's pretty long.
    1. Luffy's life force
    We have seen Luffy push himself beyond his limits time and time again throughout the series and each time shortening his life span in the process. Gear second also depletes his life force. So he only uses it for very short durations post time skip. And Luffy greatly reduced his life span in the impel down arc. And gear fourth especially has a great toll on his body. Proof of this is that it has a time limit. So it won't come as shock to anyone if luffy has depleted his life force completely by the time they find one piece.
    2. Roger's failure/shortcomings
    Roger might have become the pirate king and achieved what no one else was able to but oda has pointed out on multiple occasions that he had a short temper and he picked fights quite often and never backed down no matter how trivial it may be. This was not only against the Marines but was mainly against other pirate crews. Squard is a good example of this. And also the old man( can't remember his name ) in luffy's flash back arc is another reminder that Roger was actually ruthless and left a trail of destruction in his wake. As a result of these fights Roger depleted his life force rapidly. Rayleigh said that Roger saw his limits and he suffered and incurable disease. So what kind of disease would stop Roger from doing what he wanted unless his life force simply ran out. So to find someone to continue from where he left of he started the great pirate era without thinking of the consequences.
    3. Shanks sacrifice.
    Wether shanks lost his arm on purpose or not is one of the most common arguments there is. Shanks is a yonko and he was one when he lost his arm as well. So how can he lose his arm to a little eel that Luffy defeated with one punch when setting off from the island. The argument against this is that he was trying to save Luffy and didn't have the time. But he could have just used armament haki no matter how little the time frame. If he is not capable of it he's not really strong enough to be a yonko. And as for the reason why he did it. He saw first hand what Roger did and he didn't want Luffy to walk the same path. He didn't want Luffy to waste his life force on stupid brawls. Shanks literally tells luffy not to get provocated or to start unnecessary fights. But this goes over his head so to make sure luffy remembers it shanks sacrificed his arm. When white beard asked him about this he said he put it up for new generation. Sounds a lot like he did it on purpose. And when white beard said it he asked what kind of strong enemy he lost the arm to. Meaning he won't have lost it to a mere eel. Anyways going back to the matter at hand Luffy did take shanks advice. He has avoided many fights. The confrontation with Bellamy being one of them. Luffy has swallowed his pride on more than one occasion.
    4. Ending the pirate era.
    White beard said he wanted to end the era. But what era? His era? He actually wanted to end the great pirate era. Majority of the pirates are criminals and destroys homes and disturbs the peace. Only a minority like the straw hats and White beards crew can be considered good. White beard came to the war with the intent on disbanding the crew. He knew if the worlds strongest pirate were to get defeated by the Marines it would deter new pirate crews from forming. Marco didn't use haki even when attacking Akainu inorder to save Luffy and Akainu even points it out. This is because he was ordered by white beard not to use haki or not to mortally wound anyone of importance. White beard had the opportunity to kill all three admirals during the war. All he had to was use armament haki. He impaled Aokiji, Cut Kizaru in half and toyed with Akainu. And black beard did more damage in the first few minutes of getting white beards devil fruit than white beard did in the entire war. He was some one who went head to head with Roger. He would have Awakened his devil fruit but did not use that power.he did not even use Kings haki. Further proof that he went to die was that Kaido's first words in the series is that white beard pulled off dieing. Kaido knew this before hand and decided he wouldn't let white beard end the pirate era and would even kill him himself if that's what it took. But shanks intervened. I know this contradicts with white beards last actions as he made the pirate situation even worse. This was because he realized that Luffy will be the one to take Roger's place. And since he just lost ace white beard used his last words to remind Luffy of his goal so that he does not falter and lose his way due to losing ace.
    5. Why Luffy has to be killed
    When Luffy finds the one piece the pirate situation will get even worse as the great treasure has been found. So it will seem as getting it would seem more realistic as they will think that all they have to do now is just steal it. So should Luffy die on his death bed it would further worsen the pirate problem as the throne is empty and everyone will try to take Luffy's place. So Luffy has to die in a way that will end the pirate era as there is no need for it anymore. And with the defeat of the world government even the minority in the Marines that were actually corrupt would be erased. So they would be a force that exists for the sole purpose of protecting the civilians hopefully under coby's authority.
    6. Why it has to be Zoro
    If Zoro kills Luffy no Captain would be able to trust his vice Captain or his crew mates as that would be seen as the ultimate act of betrayal. This would prevent any new pirate crews from forming and would result in existing ones being disbanded. This with the added fear of the pirate hunter Zoro who killed the pirate king will bring the pirate era into it's long over due end. Zoro has said multiple times throughout the series that he will kill or cut down luffy one day in little comical bits we only laughed at. But this could be a foreshadow to the end of one piece. Also Luffy and zoro has fought seriously on more Than one occasion. This could be a foreshadow to their last battle. Also it has been pointed out quite frequently throughout the series that Zoro is strong enough to be the captain and doubt has risen among the bystanders in the one piece world as to why Zoro is not Captain. So why would Zoro betray Luffy. He doesn't. He is only doing it because luffy asks him to or because he realizes it's necessary when he sees that Luffy's life span has reached it's limit. And we have to keep in mind that Zoro's title so to speak is "pirate hunter".

Thanks for reading and a quick reminder that this is just a theory so don't take it too seriously and I hope you enjoyed it.and sorry for any grammer mistakes I might have made. : )

2. Glaze D. Bacon

The Fool
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, one of the Straw Hats died before he even joined the crew. :brook:

3. Edinbour

The Red King
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Luffy at the end of the Series, or Usopp towards the end of the Series.
    Yohohohohoho!

4. Pacquiao8

8th Commander of the Straw Hat Grand Fleet
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Confirmed to be Brook the Going Merry.

Theory-wise, it would probably be Zoro or Jinbe but in EoS (because of their respective deathflags).

5. Christina Choi

Little Panda
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

If a straw hat dies in the end, i think Luffy would be the appropriate character to kill because his death would give the most impact and finish. BUT OF COURSE, i do not support anyone dying.

I'd rather that all the straw hats die than just one person but that would be a horrible anime.

dreamlovermimi likes this.
  6. dreamlovermimi

Zoro's Main Chick
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

people re saying the member of the straw hats who died is the going merry! don't know if its true or not but what do y'all think about that?

If i had to choose i don't care for franky even with all he has done for them lol

7. Pacquiao8

8th Commander of the Straw Hat Grand Fleet
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

He has lots of deathflags though. Actually, more than Zoro and Jinbe combined.

Christina Choi likes this.
  8. ZakNik

Legendary God of Speed
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I think Luffy DF and overusing it will cost him his life at the end

dreamlovermimi and Date Damon like this.
  9. Date Damon

Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Yeah. Even if he doesn't die, it sure will leave him with a serious illness. Either way, I just hope he dies a peaceful death, after he's become Pirate King, after he's got married, and after he's got kids. Pretty much all I want :D

JORMUNGAND and dreamlovermimi like this.
  10. dreamlovermimi

Zoro's Main Chick
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

does anyone know how may years has been stripped from fluffy after using all those gears?????? maybe he might become physically disabled IF he becomes pirate king

11. Sintown

Expand Collapse

Brooke already died. Maybe Big Mama is gonna eat him.