1. Check out our latest video "One Piece Discussion: Wano Hype!" and discuss it with us!
  2. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

One Piece Chapter 878: "Mink Tribe, Guardians Chief Pedro"

Discussion in 'Past Chapters' started by Deathbloke, Sep 13, 2017.

1. Deathbloke

calvin klein model
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Chaudfontaine likes this.
  2. JustSomeOneNew

Expand Collapse

That cliffhanger though, can't wait to see how it ends :luffy:

3. Deathbloke

calvin klein model
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I was sure that Perospero would survive the explosion, but I think he has sustained serious damage. Were his arms cut off? Also, nice seeing Roger for a bit ;)
    Finally, the Coup de Burst, everyone will eventually be safe, except for Luffy, let's see if he manages to take down another commander of the Big Mom Pirates...

4. Monkey D. Ruffy

Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

A Man can't wait a week. A man needs to see that fight now.

5. Marco Polo

marko de polaris
    Super Moderator YouTube Team
    Expand Collapse

Luffy about to bring the hype, put on your seatbelts boys and girls

6. X Drake

Kaido is my bitch...
    Busoshoku Haki YouTube Team
    Expand Collapse

I loved this chapter so much that I cannot describe it myself. So I am going to quote a comment on Mangastream, by Byakuya91:

"Clap, clap, clap. That everyone is how you do a chapter. Way to go, Oda! For starters, I absolutely adored the sequence with Pedro and Perespero. I really did love Pedro, ever since he was introduced. And his backstory, with the Nox pirates and his relationship with BM pirates I adore. But that bit with his interaction with Roger clearly showcased how much that impacted him was perfect. As it sums up, Pedro's faith in Luffy/ the SH.

I especially love the quote:" The dark before the dawn" as in things seem bleak, but from that hopelessness something amazing emerged. And that was the theme of this chapter: dealing with loss. Carrot's grief and her eventually stepping up was a well earned moment, as well, as Nami. Namely, her thinking Pedro was alive. And to see Perspero alive after everything Pedro did was really irritating.

But by far the character who deserves a lot of praise is Luffy. From motivating his crewmates to push on to eventually taking on Katakuri one on one, this was some excellent characterization. Because, it makes sense. Luffy has already seen the death of someone closest to him: Ace. And he knows that crying about it isn't going to solve anything. Rather, he is going to give it his all, if anything, to protect the lives of his friends. And hence, we got the setup for a potentially epic fight.

Overall, this chapter was phenomenal. It had excellent tension and pacing and very much highlighted a character and how his death impacted everyone. Yeah, I wish that Sanji was shown, but I get why. This was about revealing the dark consequences of the NW. And really to me is why WCI is some of the best stuff I have read in OP in a long time"

One of the best chapters I have ever read, this is a 10/10 if anything

7. redhawk96

Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

this must be the best chapter in this arc until now.. it had everything.

8. Booker

Not A Member
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Oda actually delivered; credit where credit is due. Great chapter.

I'm pretty indifferent about Pedro. So, his backstory didn't really touch me and neither that he appears to be dead.
    The meaning behind Nox was nice, despite being super cheesy, and the bit of characterization we got for Roger and Perospero thanks to his flashback weren't bad either.

It was quite interesting to see that Katakuri couldn't see that Perospero isn't dead, despite him standing up again only being merem moments away.
    That the blast actually managed to BM back for a moment was also a bit weird, but fine.

It was quite interesting to see that Peros has the "title" of The Firstborn. Looks like he is getting a bit of extra credit due to birth order.

Luffy actually being a captain for once was a great move from Oda. He doesn't have that many moments to shine in the role he has in the crew, but when he does, he does it well and this time was certainly the best.
    Giving sensical orders in a desperate moment that actually save the crew and sacrificing himself in the process.
    Great moment for him.

Katakuri literally stomping Carrot was a great moment.
    Nothing against Carrot, but that Oda finally got the balls to present to us how things should actually have been going was good.

BM holding the ship back is something Oda should've avoided, as it appeard to be a bit too easy to let BM let go of it.
    I mean, is the Coup de Burst really that strong? Why did she not rip off a part of the ship when it launched?
    Some issues I have with the scene.
    Though Peros standing up and revealing that he used a candy armour all the time was neat. Not to mention that he seems to have taken a severe injury, as it appears that his arm is missing.

Oda having the balls to remove the protagnoist from the story for some time is also a very interesting and unexpected move.
    I don't really need to see the following confrontation and hope that it gets off-screened, as the outcome is already as clear as day.
    I'm so much more intersted in how the SHs in general are going to react to the way this scenario developed and how they're going to try to get Luffy out of there.
    Not to mention what that means for the invasion on Wano.

Really looking forward to the plot progression that is to come.
    Wasn't this interested in OP for a long time now.

9. Edinbour

The Red King
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Excellent Chapter!!
    Luffy vs. Katakuri is gonna be so epic!! I CAN'T WAIT!!

10. DarthPyro

Expand Collapse

Finally a very good chapter in this arc!!! Seriously it was really boring until this chapter. But today it is exciting, fluent, epic, emotional...etc

Here we have Luffy!!! he will definately kick Katakuri's ass.
    A coup de Burst that even shock Big Mom Pirates
    We have Gol D. Roger
    A captain leave himself in danger for the sake of his crew

Yesss it's so good!!!

11. Captain_tatsumaki

Expand Collapse

12. Mophal

Expand Collapse

Finally we see luffy serious and giving commands

13. Captain_tatsumaki

Expand Collapse

Amazing chapter....but Weird..No cover story...

I like how the Fact that shit's going down but all One Lady wants is her Cake.
    A Coup de burst straight to the face... If I were big mom that won't be funny... I think the Fact that it's straight to her face makes her let go @Booker

Peros Handicapped, Cracker blown away... Half of luffys crew have really done a number on the BM Pirates

Why is brulee foaming? Did luffy use conquerors haki on her?
    Can't wait to see the showdown between Captain & First mate(of sorts)

In my opinion a fight with katakuri.. Whatever the outcome.. Justifies a plot power-up for luffy

14. SirSpicious

Expand Collapse

Flawless chapter! So hyped for Luffy vs Katakuri!

15. Gegi

Expand Collapse

Okey this is what I think is gonna happen. Katakuri and Luffy will push each other to the brink of death in their fight. Sanji will show up and somehow save Luffy from dying (he has still to redeem himself) and they will escape together, perhaps with pudding. We need a build up for a new power up, because as for now Luffy is no way near Yonko level.

Btw, Luffy smashing the mirror was such an epic badass moment.

Villaine likes this.
  16. Chaudfontaine

Chaudius Caesar
    Moderator Member of the Year 2017 YouTube Team
    Expand Collapse

Holy shit. What a hype.

17. Rafael Viana

Expand Collapse

> Now, Sanji and Luffy are at the Island. Sanji cooking and Luffy battling against Katakuri. I think there's another mirror in the ship and Luffy and Sanji will be able to back through it.
    > Pedro isn't dead, I think.
    > Carrot is now part of the crew cause Luffy was furious when Katakuri kicked her and he cite her when he was going to battle Katakuri
    > Luffy will defeat Katakuri probably with Sanji's help
    > The crew will go to Zou after defeat another Big Mom son or daughter (Just a theory) and there, they will wait Luffy and Sanji. When L and S back, they'll go to Wano. I think during it, will happen the World Council. Or something like that
    > During the battle, I think Luffy will use Conqueror's Haki to defeat all the soldiers.

That's it and let's wait to the next week

18. Felixx

Expand Collapse

Nobody has noticed that for the first time Nami on the colour spread is completely naked , you can see her nipples under the shirt... hahah
    WTF
    Oh yeah the chapter... it was so good , they finally flew away but the ending was PHENOMENAL! I can' t wait for Luffy vs Katakuri, he may get back to the sunny using another mirror...
    it ' s going to be HUGE! I think we' re getting closer and closer to the finish line for this arc

19. Rafael Viana

Expand Collapse

:nami:Perverted:sanji:

20. Deathbloke

calvin klein model
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I forgot to mention that:
    [​IMG]
    DAMNNNNNNNNNNNNN, son!!