1. Check out our latest video "One Piece Discussion: Wano Hype!" and discuss it with us!
  2. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

One Piece Chapter 887: "Somewhere, Someone is Wishing for Your Happiness"

Discussion in 'Past Chapters' started by Marco Polo, Dec 1, 2017.

1. Zeek

Luffy's Grappling Coach
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I absolutely refuse to accept Luffy x Boa.
    It's as one sided as Bartolomeo's love for Luffy

Nami, Vivi, hell even Bonney would be a better match for Luffy.

I feel so strongly about this that I hope Boa dies to protect Luffy; partially because it'd be a great rage moment and it would guarantee the end of that awful "ship."

2. DarthPyro

Expand Collapse

Very good points!!!

I think we will see a memory erasing again at the end of the arc. But I don't know who will it be...

All Blue restaurant will be definately opened by Sanji and it will make sense if he will open it with Pudding

I only disagree with you about Roger, because if he had not a mortal disease other than love, I don't think he would have disbanded his Crew after they learned all the things about the void history. They would have fight against the world government instead

3. riofriz

C-C-C-COMBOBREAKER!
    Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

That was pretty good, I love how Oda handles sacrifices (at the moment, i hate when they then reveal to be fake deaths).
    I was just wondering, and please PLEASE correct me if i'm wrong, but wasn't big mum on peanut island?
    I get she's fast and everything, but in the middle of the rage i would have expected her destroying peanut island and was hoping the straw hats on the ship would do something different rather than keep running from CAKE SCREAMING BIG MUM. FFS.

4. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

Yup, he seems to have some sort of plan that each group will be balanced enough to rendezvous (not sure about Germa 66 though since Jyajji is only going to be concerned about his own life now that Vinsmoke family repaid the dept of being the escape shield).
    Pretty sure the "fake deaths" have only been in the early years where Oda stuck to his concept that the "death of a dream is greater than a physical death". Only recent one I can think of is Monet, but even that is a bit of a stretch and only fits with potentially being alive because of the Sugar/sibling relationship. I personally lean towards a real death, with the death being extra motivation for Sugar.

As for Big Mom's transportation, we have the B.S. "sea slug" that Perospero created. This is how she is getting from island to island. So yes, you are correct on her being at a peanut island, then being shown at a chip island, and then now right on the tail of Sunny.

5. Dofladingo

Expand Collapse

Cover: LOL so what was the point of this cover? Was it to show ideo’s apathy towards the situation? Or is he doing the “if I pretend not to care, she’ll text me back” thing? Whatever it is, he can blow things up by punching them, he’s cool with me.

Bege’s ship pulling up reminded me of when Whitebeard came from underwater onto Marineford with his entire squad. Nostra Castello is a cool name for a ship, it means “our castle”, appropriate considering he is an Italian mobster who can turn into a castle.
    I hope manga stream screwed up the translation of the “whipper-snappers” line because that is just corny. He’s an Italian mob boss, not a senior. Moving along, Bege reveals he planned to stab the Big Mom pirates in the back from the jump. I don’t know how you trust anybody as a Yonkou, it must be hard running the New World and having nobody you can really trust, poor Big Mom.

BAEWATCH ALERT: A little disclaimer, this section is for anytime we see some hot girls or anything sexual that needs to be discussed in some capacity. If you find this stuff revolting, skip past it. I promise there won’t be anything weird. Speaking of weird, Pudding can stare at me with those three eyes all day long, and I am even more convinced that they will not be together than ever before. You guys remember when Viola from the Dressrosa arc started to fall for Sanji? I thought they were going to be together in some future arc. This really is the year of Sanji, he is getting to hang out with all sorts of honies lovely ladies.

So the chapter starts with Bege rolling up in his ship with wheels, Sanji transports the cake with one leg and Lord oven tries to stop them from escaping the island. And get this, turns out, Oven has a devil fruit called the heat heat fruit. He has the poor man’s magma fruit. I’m pretty sure Akainu can do what Oven does with much more effectiveness but again he is admiral for a reason. I kind of feel bad for Oven. To be fair his range of his heat power was quite large and powerful, fish were coming up to the surface after being cooked in the water below. And on the panel where the ships paddle explodes someone on the ship mentions that the cake is going to be ruined if this keeps up. Why is oven being so reckless? Does he not realize that cake is the key to making sure they all come out of this alive? Baby Pez(cigar pacifier and all) notices someone on the shore about to attack oven from behind. It’s Chiffons father, Pound. This immediately triggers a quick flashback to LinLin tossing him to the wayside after having his children. He never got to see or hold his children for the past 26 years (Good to know how old Chiffon is).

Pound was slashed off screen which has people spectulating on whether he actually died or not. Pedro also died off screen in a way that caused some to believe he was still alive. Something else that seemed interesting was that he was not afraid when he was about to die. As we all know, everyone who has had the initial D somewhere in their name has not been afraid of death. They smiled in the face of death from Roger to Luffy and now Pound. You can see blood dripping from Oven’s blade after the scene. However, in the panel which had Pound’s implied death, the shoreline had something of debris in the air, most people think it is Pound’s dismembered head. I think it is a scuffle, I think somebody took the hit for Pound. We may not find out until a few chapters later but I am exictied about what happened on the island. Big Mom chasing the Strawhats got boring for me 3 chapters ago however. The only interesting bit is Carrot’s eventual power-up once a full moon begins, as hinted last chapter.

All in all, I enjoyed the chapter and I hope we get to see more next week.

6. Deathbloke

hoodwink and bamboozle
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

7. Dofladingo

Expand Collapse

Appreciate it

Thanks

8. Dofladingo

Expand Collapse

I have a feeling Oda is going to do pudding like he did Viola. Lovers going their separate ways for the greater good. I hope at one point he gets with one of these lovely ladies.