1. Check out our latest video "One Piece Discussion: Wano Hype!" and discuss it with us!
  2. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

One Piece Chapter 891: "Believing in me"

Discussion in 'Past Chapters' started by Chaudfontaine, Jan 12, 2018.

1. Mo3MaR

Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Then imagine Lola marrying a giant with a teenager get up at flashback hahaha

2. Mo3MaR

Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Dunno why so much people are upset?? Imagine Lola there at bottom panel marrying a giant.. Oh Pudding was a child there, I wonder if this flashback more than 20 yrs??? Hahaha

Attached Files:

Date Damon likes this.
  3. vinna

Expand Collapse

Wow, didn't get this while reading, but Pudding's age might be something. I wonder how she being adopted would affect the plot. BM have high hopes in her very specif possible hability (the eye stuff) and it seens that she was both the favorite daugther and the one who everybody would pick up on. And we also have her very peculiar, almost bipolar, personality. Idk, it may be something or not.

And how about BM riding a freacking sun? It looks like the battle against the SH costed her only time (and Zeus:nami:)

4. Deathbloke

calvin klein model
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

She most likely isn't burned because it's actually her soul.

5. vinna

Expand Collapse

Oh, I meant "and how about BM? she looked super!" :franky:

6. Deathbloke

calvin klein model
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Yeah I know, man, I just saw your comment and I wanted to point it out ;) :laughing:

vinna likes this.
  7. Monkey D. Ruffy

Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

I said that if flambé is the 33th daughter she must be older than pudding. They said she could be triplets which would make her only a few minutes younger. And sanji is 19 not 21.

8. Deathbloke

calvin klein model
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Sanji is 21 man. He was 19 before the timeskip.

9. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

Yup. This got even more interesting now that we know Pudding is Big Mom's only way to read poneglyphs.
    This has more to do with planning and creating the next chapter. It is a year-round job, so the entire team (very extensive the past 5 ish years with Oda slowly expanding the roles of his support artist) has to have extensive communication. The reason there are so few inconsistencies is that every little detail gets discussed. There is more "yes sir" from the young editors, but it is by Oda's request to the WSJ as a quality control of his baby.

I too loved the action, which has been typical of Zoro rather than Luffy (Zoro had to get sliced up before he won any fight). However, to be realistic, Oda is just creating fake drama. Why does Katakuri not kill Luffy? We have seen him create blades. By every rational though, Luffy should be dead (he's too fatigued to use Gear Fourth). But of course we can't have our protagonist die before he saves the world and becomes pirate king.

I'm thinking Oda is having his usual misdirection (have a character, Katakuri, present the wrong path to follow). I would bet Luffy is not seeing the future at all. Zoro's "breath of all things" is probably the closest thing to Luffy currently. He is in a complete zen state that his natural fighting talent is exponentially increased to manga levels. He has developed anticipatory skills equal to mastered kenbunshoku, but it is all instinctual. Oda's running gag is how terrible Luffy's kenbunshoku is, so mastery from not even having the basics goes against the typical Oda perfect rationale.

W@rlock, Masho and BlindWolf like this.
  10. Pacquiao8

8th Commander of the Straw Hat Grand Fleet
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

• Tonta Corps will remain in Dressrosa? As carpenters? I wonder how will they improve in that condition "in preparation" for "the event" that Oda prepared for them.
    • I wonder what's the impact of Stussy and Morgans interrogation.
    • It's good to see Luffy's current condition. Still losing, eh? It also seems that Katakuri also got a few damages.
    • I personally don't have an issue with regards to Flambe and Pudding ages. Sanji is 21, assuming that Pudding is also 15 or 12 at least, that's not really a big deal (around 9 years). Hancock says hi to everyone! Besides, Sanji doesn't seem to have a huge interest with Pudding anymore. And should there be, it can happen in the post-final arc in a typical timeskip.
    • With that, it seems that the Grand Line climate affects people's body development as kids like Vivi, Rebecca, Pudding and Flambe have more matured body relative to their age.
    • Back to the chapter, LOL at Bege and others because they seem to be infatuated with the cake, too. Nice to see Sanji's jolly side again after completing the cake.
    • For some reasons, I have this feeling that the cake won't easily affect Empress Big Mom unlike Bege and others.
    • While Luffy improving his Observation Haki is nice, I'm very disappointed that the Straw Hats currently in the Sunny (minus Jinbe) has yet to unlock at least one of the "common" Hakis. I'm expecting at least 1 of them to unlock Observation or Armament in this arc.
    • Looks like the Sunny Team is having a hard time dealing with Prometheus (haters out there might be satisfied). LOL at Chopper trying to be useful though. He can't do anything against fire, you know. I also don't think that he can throw a Yonko away.
    • With that, I still think that Chopper will "take over" Jinbe as "the tank" in the next chapter. Jinbe might return to the helm to speed up towards Sanji's group and the cake. How much will Chopper contribute? I'm not so sure but he has to do something significant and I also have no idea how will that happen. After Monster Point, he's useless again as he can't move (unless he retains what happened at the Mirroworld).
    • It's either Caesar returning or Brook having a power-up to stop Prometheus. I pick the former as Brook seems to be overly amazed by Empress Big Mom's soul right now.

Seiryu likes this.
  11. Chaudfontaine

Chaudius Caesar
    Moderator Member of the Year 2017 YouTube Team
    Expand Collapse

It's not the 9 years difference, it is the underage part that keeps haunting me with questions. In this day and age, 21 and 13 is a big difference! Much more than 21 and 30 or so because those are both adults.

mysticalflute and Deathbloke like this.
  12. 4thBlade

Inner weeb > Responsibilities
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Decent chapter, i'll give a 7/10
    Hype train 5/10 because of the break and last chapter was definitely higher *sigh*

Gotta be honest, i'm sick of this arc.

13. jinbelieveit

Expand Collapse

Interesting.

Gonna ignore the Pudding age thing. Everyone made the point already. Just gonna trust Oda will have a reasonable explanation or correction in the future.

Now to the meat of the chapter. Definitely a build up chapter, but thought there was some very important info that was given.

Although we see in this chapter Luffy's COO haki continue to improve as the fight goes on, I believe we'll get some extra goodies as ALL of luffy's haki will improve this arc because of this page.

http://i998.mangapanda.com/one-piece/891/one-piece-10247119.jpg

Attacks have "willpower" and an "aura" to them. When I hear willpower with respect to one piece the first thing that comes to mind is COC haki. So with those few panels, I think the rest of the Dogtooth fight was foreshadowed. Luffy will get future sight to have his movements be on par with Mochi Man's movements, then he will also inadvertently learn how to imbue his COC haki along with his COA haki in his attacks to overpower Kata's extra hardened COA haki super saiyan. So with Luffy complete haki upgrade as the fight continues and Kata complete haki depletion as the fight continues, I see the end in sight.

Fight was nice. BM will finally get her cake. The end of the arc is in sight. No clue where Germa, Cesar, or Smoothie are atm, but thinking they'll play a role sometime soon. BM may not physically go down this arc, but for sure her reputation as an impenetrable Yonko will be tarnished. Wait. "Impenetrable" was probably a poor word choice. How many kids does she have? She's definitely not impenetrable. (Kachow!) Stussy and Morgans gonna reports some big news pretty soon.

Zeus will probably be used as a bargaining chip for the escape, but I'd really prefer if he stayed as Nami's slave and powerup. What a great way to diminish BM's forces since I'm assuming Mr. Sun, Mr. Sword, and Mr. Cloud all have equally 1/3 of BMs actual soul.

The thing that confuses me is this though...

http://i3.mangapanda.com/one-piece/882/one-piece-9889213.jpg

Based on this pic, is BM's consciousness on and off where she only hears and remembers what she wants out of convenience for the plot? Because originally Candyman told her the Strawhats had the cake on their ship...hence, last chapter and why BM was searching all over the place. But based on this pic, Candyman obviously told her the cake is on the island, and not the ship. So why doesn't she just go to the island?!

Anyways...I'm done. Hope I provided some substance for discussion! If not, I sincerely apologize!

P.S. Idk why everyone gives Chopper crap for being useless. The reindeer man is only worth 100 belli after all haha. If anything, I'd say he's a steal! Or at least he has a fitting bounty for his worth hahaha.

W@rlock likes this.
  14. Chaudfontaine

Chaudius Caesar
    Expand Collapse

Was reminded that this was not the first time Luffy used such future vision.
    [​IMG]

Just like how kakaturi lost his future sight with his disapearing calmness (and regained it when he became his tranquill himself again).
    Being calm is the key to focus and "see" in the future.

15. Deathbloke

calvin klein model
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

In my opinion this was just fighting intelligence. He simply acknowledged Mihawk's swordsmanship and predicted that it wouldn't be such a problem for him to slice an extended arm.

Seiryu likes this.
  16. Chaudfontaine

Chaudius Caesar
    Expand Collapse

but what about mihawk's remark and the explanation Kakaturi is giving about being calm? Same with Luffy now becoming calm before blocking.

And isn't haki in his pure form fighting instinct?

ckimbrew and BlindWolf like this.
  17. Deathbloke

calvin klein model
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

From what I got from the panel, it just was Luffy not giving a shit as always. But you could be right.

18. Chaudfontaine

Chaudius Caesar
    Expand Collapse

that could be typical luffy too :grin:
    But certainly with Rayleigh's words going through his head, I presumed he calmed himself and looked for the aura. I could be wrong on all those things tho :laughing:

19. Zeek

Luffy's Grappling Coach
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

It was probably an honest mistake. If not, just imagine this is a chance of Oda to confirm Bonney is a Charlotte and has altered some of their ages.

Date Damon and Deathbloke like this.
  20. Pacquiao8

8th Commander of the Straw Hat Grand Fleet
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

In real life standards that is but this is One Piece world. I'm sure there will be difference if that happens when Pudding is 18.

Off topic but quite related: That actually happened in real world. There's a case in our country around 5 years ago where a famous 60+ year-old boy married a 16 year-old girl. Maybe that's one of the reasons why I'm never bothered a bit with Pudding being underage.