1. Check out our latest video "One Piece Discussion: Wano Hype!" and discuss it with us!
  2. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

One Piece Chapter 907: "The Empty Throne"

Discussion in 'Past Chapters' started by Molvvetto D. Persie, Jun 8, 2018.

1. Molvvetto D. Persie

Expand Collapse

#1 Molvvetto D. Persie, Jun 8, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2018
    servo, Marine slasher, Behnam and 3 others like this.
  2. Chaudfontaine

Chaudius Caesar
    Moderator Member of the Year 2017 YouTube Team
    Expand Collapse

3. bandurista24

Fifth Emperor
    Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

oh em gee..

-kaidou and big mom being the era before roger is already known since big mom is so old and kaidou being an immortal(not yet revealed) i already knew this hehe

-kaidou saying that he will kill big mom if she goes there is a declaration of war

-kizaru wanting to go there is a surprise. i thought hes as lazy as aokiji but now i think highly of him. He seems to want fighting strong enemies now. I doubt marines will go tho because of jurisdiction

-im disappointed to lucci, hes so loyal to the celestial dragons tsk tsk he looks cool as usual tho

-take that charloss go die pls ggwp donquixote. i really think all donquixotes are crazy people hehe

-and the biggest reveal shanks

-"because it is you" has been used now twice by sengoku and the gorosei. Im really curious. Is he a celestial dragon like doffy, or maybe higher son of the head of the celestials? Or they just respect him because hes a yonkou. I highly doubt that too

-certain pirate. Hmmm could it be luffy? maybe he wants the wg to not acknowledge luffy as a yonkou yet?

4. Marine slasher

Expand Collapse

What the fuck did I just read!!!!!

I can't even think correct right now.

5. Storm chaser

Rock n' Roll
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

This chapter o m g.
    The more I see Sterry, the more I hate him.
    [​IMG]
    HAh, best part.
    Omg, SHANKS! :luffy:

What is Rock's.
    Was Big Mom & Kaido on the same crew? Roger's? WHAT:cereal:

6. ZakNik

Legendary God of Speed
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

not so good chapter...after last one this is mah

I think they will talk about Blackbeard not luffy cuz shanks has that look in his eyes...angry look

7. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

Wow...I am pleasantly surprised. So this guy is an uncle or something along those lines for Doflamingo. At least Oda had a plan for the entire mess around Shirahoshi (for now, since the pursuers will only continue once the older Donquixote stops protecting them). But Reverie seems like a much bigger deal since it previously seemed like only the royals attended (vs. the Gorosei and clarifying that they technically trump the Tenryuubito; reeks of Dragon Ball and the gods of gods).

We still get minor character development (Stelly and Wapol) on top of the other HUGE revelations. Kaidou and Big Mom were part of the same crew? Some sort of legend was their captain, but lost to Roger? I don't really think the saving/"dept" Kaidou owes Big Mom will be that big a deal (more distractions from their previous crew mate connection).

I'm looking forward to the raw because something seems missing from the translation of Garp's reveal. This is probably by far the biggest thing that will come from the chapter (yes, even more so than Shanks and the Gorosei). How the "rocks" relate to the mysterious crew/mysterious legend is going to be the biggest contribution to the long-term plot. I definitely don't mind a new character, but I would be disappointed if the mysterious captain is somehow alive and becomes an extra "Yonkou" for Luffy to take down (too much like Shiki, which I still think was rushed to be introduced to make up for the crap quality of movies at the time).

As for the fan-favorite reveal of Shanks, I'm kind of hoping Shanks is there to talk about Blackbeard or the mysterious captain (rather than Luffy; c'mon, too cliche even for Shanks right?). For me, I'm not surprised at all that the Gorosei have a peaceful relationship with Shanks since Shanks has gone out of his way to help maintain "balance" (stopping Kaidou).

We get cameos for high ranking Marines, but anyone recognize this guy?
    1.png
    I haven't read the past couple years of SBS, but I don't recognize him from the main plot (unless he was in the background).

8. Chaudfontaine

Chaudius Caesar
    Expand Collapse

coverstory
    >poor colombus

but we are all here because we read the chapter. This is amazing. So much information on just 16 pages.

>So BM wants to kill luffy, not that weird. But she even calls Kaido for it. But also he has a grudge against Luffy.
    >The marines not being "able" to go to Wano since it's outside their jurisdiction
    >What dept? Could it be that the LIFELONG dept of Kaido is LIFESPAN from BM (maybe even from the missing capitain?)
    both JB and MS say lifelong so it has to be something there

>GARPSCENES:
    >>Garp don't care, that's just how is he has to act (he knows luffy will pull through tho)
    >>the other admiral candidates are now full canon
    >>"pretty girl... BM..." i lol'ed hard
    >>Garp being the senior, talking about the old days
    ----> a lot of info

Garp was the one who brought in the "rocks"
    a) seastone
    b) poneglyps (but probably this because garp even says that it's remarkable that hina knows them)
    c) other more powerfull stones

Garp & Hina mentioning that the age before Roger was their (Kaido & BM) age.
    For me it seems that they were in 1 crew. Certainly with Hina commenting that their capitain was dead/lost (shiki?).
    And if you see that Kaido has a debt to BM, they sure have to be connected deeply.
    The comeback of them (the kaido x BM x unknown capitain) would be a disaster for the WG/marines.

>Pangea>Game of thrones
    >> this opens for me the one continent theory (or 1 sea or whatever)
    >> the points on the throne remind me or are very similar to the map of paradise + new world*
    >> the throne i think holds no power itself. It is just a symbol **.
    gotta search for it
    [​IMG]
    >>what i did find a bit weird is that a japanese sword is with those 20 weapons but wano is off jurisdiction, but then again we also have that japanese bald dude with his long sword in the five elders

>the plaza
    >>a lot of reintroductions, Lucci, kaku, charlos (who we have seen before i know) and the one with the most impact, Mjosgard.
    >> brave vivi and leo (and not forgets the shai/shey/whatever)
    >> Neptune wanting to punch Charloss all the way to fishman island. EPICCC.
    >>CD being the people that kept the FM in the sea. Neptune being the old man, that is just kept in his conservatory vision. Vivi trying to talk him out of it
    >>it felt soo good, the MACE TO THE FACE

>Five elders
    +SHANKS
    = bad boy shanks?

W@rlock likes this.
  9. Chaudfontaine

Chaudius Caesar
    Expand Collapse

mangastream translated as "locks", weird.

10. Juggy

Expand Collapse

The pace is slowing down once again, after some hype chapters. It looked more promising when I saw the spoilers.

So Shirahoshi is trouble as we all predicted - Charlos got bitch slapped - well deserved, but I am afraid that that's not gonna be a last to see from him regarding mermaid princess.

CP0 - fashion police :fuckyeah:

So the Kaido and BM are old mates. Maybe they served under the same flag and that mysterious pirate is related to the straw hat we saw in last chapter.....but to many maybes and ifs... so I'll wait with assumptions and predictions.

Shanks wants to talk about BB for sure. He knows some of his plans and he is aware how dangerous he is. Shanks' face expression is very serious/concerned...

Edit: Ooh yeah, the throne reminds me of Iron throne in some strange way...

11. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

Slow pacing?! WHAT?! If ya'll don't like the past two chapters, you hate plot development, which is what makes those action scenes so meaningful. Unless you hate the antagonist, it isn't very meaningful. Character development is absolutely necessary, and we've gotten back to back chapters of long-term revelations for the first time ever. I was the one leading the Oda hate for WCI, but I'll jump back to my usual role of supporting Oda in the necessary writing to make the fight scenes great.

@Chaudfontaine Thanks, I think it's almost a guarantee that nothing is missing and Oda is just randomly introducing this huge revelation with nothing else. It is probably either ローク or ロク, and probably in katakana. So in typical Oda fashion, we get the teaser and don't get anything on it for at least a year (I think Wano Kuni has too much flashbacks with Oden and the history of the country itself, on top of flashbacks for Kaidou's character development, so it probably comes up with the war on Big Mom; that makes it 2-3 years from now).

As for the katana, not all of the named swords are katana. Plus at the same time, Koshiro is almost guaranteed to not be from Wano Kuni (unless he is masking his true ability/unique power). Thus, even though most katana are probably from Wano Kuni, not all of them are.

I didn't comment on the throne, since the ties to the Ancient Kingdom were clear as day. The thing I will emphasize is that the corrupt Government twists the truth in typical fashion. The Ancient Kingdom themselves symbolized peace. They have a tradition to cover-up their active war and self-proclaiming justice/righteousness. More little details Oda meticulously plans out.

12. Marine slasher

Expand Collapse

Okay now that I am thinking again now...
    First of all i am glad I didnt read the spoilers.

I knew that we will see big mom again , but so soon and like this.. I didn't anticipate that.

@Seiryu I think so too. There seems something missing in the translation , it is an incomplete sentence, I don't know if it was supposed to be.

It seems like they served under same flag and garp was their main enemy. So, the captain under whom two of yoùnkos served must be super strong. Then at what level was Roger at??

One bomb shell after another...
    For a moment there I thought sabo was the one who punched charloss.. But a celestial Dragon is as good.
    Somehow , I get the feeling that this is not the last time Charlie's is going to be punched. I going to be a recurring thing for charloss.

Now the biggest reveal of them all... what is shaks doing here? More importantly just what kind of relationship he has with the elders.
    I just don't want him to be a bad guy. Luffy won't be able to survive that.
    But if he is not a bad guy, what & how is he doing what he is doing? @bandurista24 when was the first 'because it is you'?

Also was he the one we saw in last chapter?

It seems like we have barely scratched the surface as far as yonkou are concerned. Even after two years we know barely about a yonkou.

And keep in mind that this is all happening and the revolutionary army has not made their entrance yet.

13. BlindWolf

Expand Collapse

There is everything in this chapter!

Perfect balance between World-building, story progression and characters development!

Am I the only one that thought about Sabo once Charlos got hit?

14. Monkey D. Ruffy

Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

Loved the chapter. To think that the samurai are feared that much that even an Admiral has to be careful is a real statement to their military power.
    The „because it’s you“ maybe implies to the fact that he has the power to become the next pirate king and already was at raftal but decided that he wasn’t the right one. Either way love the chapter. Love seeming Garp carefree as ever

15. Neversleep

Expand Collapse

#15 Neversleep, Jun 8, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2018
    Poor Charlos :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy: I'm wondering who will be the third person to strike him :tearsofjoy:

qwe.png

Also Pandaman :hearteyes:
    qwer.png

16. pepotman

Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

+1
    I can't comprehend how a true one piece fan could say this particular chapter is bad, or slow, or "meh". Maybe Oda should just fast forward to a kaido luffy big mom 3 way match up starting next week and have them fight for the next 100 chapters. Maybe that's what "fans" are looking for :)

17. ZakNik

Legendary God of Speed
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

chapter was meh cuz Oda gets away from everything in previous chapter.

Also maybe BM have something with Kaidou ability to survive everything. If she can reduce life span maybe she can protect soul or even prolong somebody life span.

And with all people there charlos was able to capture shirahoshi...that is ridicilous.

W@rlock likes this.
  18. Chaudfontaine

Chaudius Caesar
    Expand Collapse

he just keeps on buildng suspense. this chapter is lit because this gives us yet again so much questions.

Owl, GoldenVenus and BlindWolf like this.
  19. Juggy

Expand Collapse

First of all I said pace is slowing down, which IMO does since the chapters before happened really fast and RA executives were at the gates, meaning that the setup for War Declaration is done. It is expected and OK for pace to slow down a bit. I never used phrases like "slow chapter/story" nor bad. I mentioned that I was expecting more by looking at the spoilers.

I really can't understand sarcasm of the member @pepotman and labeling of others. Really this "fan" thingy is unnecessary.

Sorry for the off topic. Over and out

ZakNik and Storm chaser like this.
  20. DarthPyro

Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

WTF!!! What business does Shanks have with WG, I can understand Sengoku respect him but what about Five Elders??? Aren't they bad guys? Strange...
    And a new shocking news, What is Rocks, who are they, a new power rising? How strong Garp and Roger really are?
    Things are going more misteriously in every new Chapter!!!