1. Check out our latest video "One Piece Discussion: Wano Hype!" and discuss it with us!
  2. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

One Piece Chapter 911: "A Great Adventure in the Land of the Samurai"

Discussion in 'Past Chapters' started by Molvvetto D. Persie, Jul 12, 2018.

1. Molvvetto D. Persie

Expand Collapse

2. Storm chaser

Rock n' Roll
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Omg, Aaaaceee! :robin::robin:

I liked this alot.
    Tama is really interesting, whats her ability and how is she connected to Ace?
    Ninjaas.

I tought that guy was Usopp aswell.

Luffy giving life advice's
    [​IMG]

Capulet, ZakNik and Villaine like this.
  3. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

#3 Seiryu, Jul 12, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
    So we have our usual adventure to build up towards the main action (pass the time for the rest of the alliance to gather and organize while Luffy causes trouble). I'm really curious if Tama's master (he is based on a Tengu: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tengu) just has wings because of the Tengu design (I'm not super into historical art, but most I've seen do not have wings) or if he is related to the moon residents.

Anther pattern I'm picking up on is how Wano Kuni has a bunch of trained animals (not only ninja pets). There is a true tanuki that is a cooking pot/steaming pot:
    1.png

Tama probably has some sort of "rice" fruit ability in my mind. Since she can't eat something she produces, her ability definitely seems unique. Plus the Ace connection...I assume she made the hat that Ace got interested in (forget exactly who made the one for Oz Jr.). Either way, this side story should be an interesting precursor to the main Kouzuki/Oden/poneglyph flashbacks.

Hawkins isn't that surprising since Apoo was already shown to be an underling. It does give us a power ranking (Sheepshead was also a "headliner"). Safe to assume Drake X and other underling leaders are "headliners". At least we get to see more of his unique powers, but with Luffy's kenbunshoku magically increasing, technically gear second might be enough to take out Hawkins.

Edit: completely brain farting: who's vivre card is gone? Ace's burned, and I don't think Luffy was holding Mink related vivre card(s). I forget who started the thread, but more signs of Luffy slowly maturing.

I'm changing the picture banner since Chopper is awesome (Robin being smart on the side a close second). Plus people might overlook Brooke drooling over Nami's panties...of course that's what's on Oda's mind as her drew the color spread.

Penguin and Villaine like this.
  4. DarthPyro

Expand Collapse

I remember Ace has made a hat for OZ and said he had learned to make hat in Wano. So he had probably learned from Tama. A very good side story begins.

That was Zoro's group vivre card probably in order to meet in Wano

After the WCI arc I am really starting to get excited. This arc is going to be the best one

Seiryu likes this.
  5. Marine slasher

Expand Collapse

A very nice chapter indeed!

I liked the cover page a lot. Spent à full minute to see everyone. Sanji being sanji. Robin just being carefree.

The results of luffy vs katakuri have started showing. Luffy's observation haki has improved a lot.

Tama is cute. But I don't want her to be secret princess or something. Just a commoner who is loyal to kozuki clan would be nice.

Is that man related to ussop anyhow? It will be exciting to see what ace promised her.. & how will she take the news of ace's death. Luffy will keep the promise obviously.

So Hawkins & apoo joined kaido. That must mean that kaido did not initiate the attack. Kidd did & lost obviously. After seeing that tgey both probable surrendered instantly .what about killer?

Overall a very nice chapter indeed.

NEXT WEEK IS 912 GUYS! Something will happen to sanji.

6. bandurista24

Fifth Emperor
    Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

That observation haki of luffy was stunning! His fight with katakuri really paid off!

Hoe come otamas df food cant be eaten by humans? Only animals?

Otama is sure cute. Any chance that she is the sister of momonosuke? Hmmmm.

So ace learned making hats from otama then gave his comrade oars a huge hat!

Hawkins is really a coward too. I respect kidd now. Hes the only one brave enough and has too much pride not to work for someone especially kaidou. Kidd is for real!!

7. Marine slasher

Expand Collapse

Kidd & luffy are similar in that regard.

8. Chill024

Expand Collapse

Obviously i miss a major info here,how did you guys know something will happen to sanji?when does oda reveal this info?been reading this “something will happen to sanji” thought its just fans theory

9. gencoloco

Expand Collapse

But it does'nt work with the Octopus. Maybe the Octopus is just too strong. It can attack Luffy silently without being realized and also it's strong enough to hold Luffy so he could'nt leave the ship.

I hope we'll get Luffy vs Hawkins battle in the next chapter.

10. JustSomeOneNew

Expand Collapse

I think Otama's DF ability is that she can use it to tame animals, I mean if so it would explain why she has Komainu as her friend but there might be requirements to fulfil or it has a big probability to fail depending on the animals since she said "I finally managed to convince "Raging Baboon of The Montain" to be on our side" meaning that she tried a few times to do it

11. Juggy

Expand Collapse

Enjoyable chapter. I missed Luffy befriending with animals :luffysmilie:.

Also a very nice move :fussen: to launch the crew at safety.

Nice CoO as it's already mentioned above. Regarding octopus, I believe that we are going to see more of him :D. And catching Luffy is not a flaw in Luffy's CoO, nor him being strong or something, but rather plot-wise move so Luffy could be separated from the crew. Also, I think Hawkins will face Sanji and the crew, not Luffy, who got his own adventure :luffysmilie:

Luffy lost his vivre card. I assume it is not just a random info, but it will be somehow reflecting on the future events.

12. Marine slasher

Expand Collapse

Next chapter coincides with 21st anniversary of one piece.

There is a thread in the forum one piece news. Here is the link.

https://opforum.net/threads/one-piece-manga-schedule-for-july-2018-sanji.84447/

I think most of us got the news from there.

13. Admiral Ryokugyu

New Marineford
    Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

#13 Admiral Ryokugyu, Jul 12, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
    - Luffy's fight against Katakuri paid off.

- As @Seiryu said, I wanna know whether that master's wings are related to the moon residents or not.

- So Tama was the one who taught Ace how to make bamboo hats.

- One thing i noticed with this arc: Oda is REALLY picking up the pace this time, i'd say he learned from Whole Cake Island arc's mistake. The Straw Hats entered Wano in 1 chapter. The most important area in Wano is Kuri, which is the one where Luffy landed. Kozuki Clan who reside in Kuri made the Poneglyphs and know about the Ancient Kingdom. Before Wano started I feared that we'll have to wait for months or even years before Luffy arrives to Kuri, but he ended up arriving there in the third chapter of Wano. Great.

- The build up is just like what Oda has always done. As we're waiting for the alliance to gather, Luffy is causing trouble and he encounters stuff that make him hate the arc's villain much more, so that when he meets him he's very pumped up to beat him ( Tama getting poisened because the river she drank from is polluted because of Kaido ).

- I'm VERY skeptical regarding Basil Hawkins' real intention. He told his subordinates not to tell Kaido anything of what happened in that beach, and he said he'll go there. Does he wanna fight Luffy or ally with him ? Huge chance Luffy gets a new ally: Hawkins. He might even be the one to tell Luffy about Eustass Kid's imprisonment.

14. Marco Polo

circus act
    Super Moderator YouTube Team
    Expand Collapse

Looks like Luffy'll have to find the rest of the gang for poor O-Tama

- Sanji can cook
    - Chopper can doctor (maybe)

Some nice hype moments in this chapter

- Conqueror's Haki
    - Ace mention
    - Hawkins' return

Wano already off to a strong start

15. Chicano180

Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I got several things could have been missed on the 1st read (like i did haha)

1) WHY does Kaido/Hawkin's underling have the SHP's Jolly Roger tattoed on his arm or on his shirt/jacket?!? Mugiwaras Crest.jpeg

2) HOLY BALLS! Isn't the resemblance between O'Tama & Luffy freakishly waaaay too similar & convenient?! I mean the eyes, the eyebrows, the nose, the head, the chin, the mouth, the teeth, even the hair! To top it all off O'Tama keeps referring to Luffy as Big Bro (I know she's doing it without knowing) .... but what IF they are actually siblings! O'Tama being part of the Kozuki clan (linked fo the void century) could also be linked to the country that stood against the WG, and the clan of D, which would make Luffy fit right in there! Brother-Sister.jpg

3) Hawkins clearly has anti-yonkou intentions trying to meet up with SHP's and keeping it out of Kaido's ears.

4) The only vivre card that Luffy had left was Rayleighs and possibly Bepo's. I don't remember if everyone received Bepo's or only Nami did.

Seiryu likes this.
  16. Deathbloke

calvin klein model
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Pretty interesting chapter, we heard the name of someone that wasn't mentioned for years, Ace, it would be very intriguing to see his backstory with Wano. Another Supernova joins Kaido, this time Hawkins, so we have 3 cowards now who abandoned their dream (or they just have a plan to take down Kaido). Only Kid refused, so he's imprisoned. Can't wait to see him into action in this arc :D

I think Sabo gave him a Vivre Card back in Dressrosa.

17. Chill024

Expand Collapse

I think sabo make a big vivre card from luffys,and he took a piece,so is the SHP alliance.
    I think what luffy lost is his own vivre card.

Deathbloke likes this.
  18. Deathbloke

calvin klein model
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, I just checked it out, why did he carry his own though?

19. Rika24

Expand Collapse

Smaller pieces of a Vivre card are drawn to the largest, so Luffy would need it right?

And it bothers me that Oda still hasn't drawn Usopp with his armband (I had a theory about it being important for Usopp's family history). Did he forget again?

20. Kreydens

Expand Collapse

Someone will be able to find Luffy then :) Probably a problem someone :)