1. Check out our latest video "One Piece Discussion: Wano Hype!" and discuss it with us!
  2. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

One Piece Chapter 913: "Tsuru repays the Favour"

Discussion in 'One Piece Manga' started by Molvvetto D. Persie, Aug 3, 2018.

1. Molvvetto D. Persie

Expand Collapse

2. Glen Flores

Bang Bang! Shambles..
    Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

I Think Zoro now finally taste the sword by licking it! Finally another problem sword..

onepiece222 likes this.
  3. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

Woah...was not expecting Tsuru to be based on ancient art styling. Glad to see a rapid resolution to the major predicaments of Tama's poisoning and the problem children (somewhat controlled) by reuniting with part of the alliance. It does look like Urashima will be put in place by Luffy/Zoro, which hopefully lets them infiltrate the capitol.

Although Hawkins has powered up (the straw puppet is equivalent to only his shoulder, so he can either make one giant puppet/final form or 10+ variations of similar sized puppets), I liked how he is being kept around for someone else to be hyped up. Plus I think part of this for Hawkins to be surprised at Luffy and Zoro being completely out of his league when the real fighting starts.

It looks like the biggest theme of the arc is going to be saving the country (stopping the toxic creating the wastelands) and all of its commoners.

4. servo

Expand Collapse

That is nice, I like how Oda is depicting Edo period , Love the history of japan. One fater another new chracters are showing up I wonder how many of them will play a long part, the arc is just building ... nice nice and we are on break :P

5. DarthPyro

Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

An entertaining but slow chapter and a break again :(

6. Chill024

Expand Collapse

i read on kiss manga,and this last 2 chapters,zoro/luffy saying gozaru at the end of sentence,what does it means?
    Anyway too bad break next week :(

7. bandurista24

Fifth Emperor
    Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

First of all, the title i thought what Oda is referrinf to is the old woman in the navy Tsuru that made me excited. Disappointing that it was not her but another new girl lol

-zoro getting wounded by a surprise nails attack lets us know that he has a weaker observation haki than sanji and luffy as expected

-hawkins df combined with his tarot cards is so creepy. And nice powerup tho with that wicked sword

-and another beautiful appears

-that sumo wrestler looks like jimbei. any chance hes a calamity of kaidou? Maybe he will fight jimbei because they are so similar

-im a bit disappointed i thought luffy knows swordsmanship now because rayleigh trained him, i thought he at least taught luffy some things in swordsmanship lol

-bepo looks mature now or was it just the clothes lol

-not so exciting to wait next chapter considering there is a break next week no cliffhangers sad

8. JustSomeOneNew

Expand Collapse

- If you look closely, Zoro actually tried to ward off the nails using his swords but failed to ward all so he got hit by some, imo though if he wasn't protecting Luffy and Tama, he could have just simply jump or move to the side to avoid those nails

- I don't think he is a calamity, but since he is the strongest sumo fighter from wano there's a chance that he is strong and might fight against Luffy and co.

ckimbrew likes this.
  9. JustSomeOneNew

Expand Collapse

I don't think the straw puppet is equivalent to only his shoulder, if you look closely the straw puppet is being cut from the right shoulder down diagonally and I think it transfer the exact same damage to Hawkins but since Oda only showed Hawkins' back you can only see his right shoulder cut, beside if you look at the panel right next to it, his subordinate that got the damage transfered to got cut from the rigt shoulder down diagonally exactly like the straw puppet

10. GoldenVenus

Reigning Lord of the Underworld
    Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

#10 GoldenVenus, Aug 3, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2018
    A really short chapter, so nothing much to talk about I guess. I knew Luffy wouldn't use the sword XD would be nice to see him coming up with an attack using a sword though. But using weapons isn't exactly his style, so I guess not. Anyway, it's only like the first few chapters of Wano and there's already so many characters, I hope Oda isn't going to focus on every single one of them. To be honest, I'm not sure what to say about this arc. Well, it's only just started and I'll have to wait for more chaps, but, I don't know, I can't really feel the excitement. At least for now.

More than anything, I enjoyed seeing Bepo in a kimono XD. And Tsuru looks like a geisha btw.

11. GoldenVenus

Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

'de Gozaru' is classical Japanese, an old-fashioned way of saying 'desu'. It's actually from 'de gozaimasu' I think (a more polite form). Mostly used by samurais/ronins/ninjas(?) and traditional warriors, i guess.

For example, if they're saying, "I'm Zoro." They'd say "Zoro de gozaru." Though, in Luffy's case, he's basically just mimicking a samurai's way of speaking rather than using the term correctly I think.

Penguin, Seiryu and Chill024 like this.
  12. onepiece222

Expand Collapse

Lol tsuru refers to Zoro as the green one and my green lord

13. ignisC4t

Expand Collapse

ah, um,
    is it just me or, i see hawkin's ability can power up someone else ?

anyone ?

14. ignisC4t

Expand Collapse

i don't know if luffy managed to realize or not, when he launch gomu no pistol, nidai kitetsu cut hawkin's minion sword...

or, maybe my eyes get blurred...

Seiryu likes this.
  15. GoldenVenus

Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, it cut his sword and cut the guy as well, but that was pretty much a coincidence I think since he was holding the sword horizontally when delivering the punch.

And welcome to the forum btw!

ignisC4t likes this.
  16. naruto

Legendary Hokage
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Even luffy can also able to use sword. so we got 3 swordsmen on the straw hats side :tongueclosed:

17. Capulet

Expand Collapse

A decent chapter imo. But....on a break again next week??Is it because Obon festival?

18. Admiral Ryokugyu

New Marineford
    Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

#18 Admiral Ryokugyu, Aug 3, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2018
    - I'm actually surprised that we still have Orlumbus arc in the cover. I'm tired of it and I hope it ends soon. I'd love the next cover arc to be about the world's reaction to Whole Cake Island's events.

- When I read Tsuru in the title I thought he referred to the Vice Admiral.

- Hawkins says that the probability of Luffy and Zoro being alive at the end of the month is 19%. Here come the theories about Luffy's death in Wano.

- Until now I don't see why Beasts Pirates are considered a powerful crew. Is it just because of their captain and his 3 commanders ? Because so far Luffy is handling Kaido's underlings easily. Big Mom Pirates have very powerful pirates other than Big Mom herself and her Sweet Commanders. For example there is Perospero, Daifuku, Oven, Tamago, Opera, Brulee, Amande ...

Maybe i'm just rushing stuff but so far Big Mom's crew is a lot stronger than Kaido's. I'm still waiting to see why Kaido's crew is an Emperor's crew.

- I'm actually surprised that Hawkins really intends to fight Luffy and Zoro. Because if he wanted to ally with them then he would beat his subordinates right then and there because he's stronger than them.

- Tsuru is possibly a member of the Kozuki Clan. She wears the symbol of Kozuki Clan on her head.

- LOL I like how the Heart Pirates are wearing Kimonos with Heart Pirates logo on them.

This is the 6th chapter in a row that makes me notice something: Oda is REALLY picking up the pace with this arc. A lot of readers, including me, are finding these chapters boring but it's very normal and it was expected. Wano will be a colossal arc and it needs a thorough handcrafted setup. You can feel that Oda is trying his best to put a cliffhanger in each chapter's end, but sometimes they don't make us that curious to know what's gonna happen, that's the case for today's chapter, Oda couldn't put any cliffhanger so instead he showed the Heart Pirates to show us that he has a lot of cards to play in this arc.

EDIT: We've already seen Kiku in ONE PIECE x Kyoto side story.

3efafec0d12b41b38b555dab741166f5.jpg

img_mainvisual.jpg

Seiryu likes this.
  19. Time

bogan scientist
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

For a second I thought the straw man was gonna go Orarararara on Luffy and Zoro there. It seems Basil can freely use anyone as a scapegoat but there's probably more to that. And I don't know how to feel now cos I really thought Osaki was Robin. Wish Oda'd gone with Otusuru's style with her as well. Kinda weird but refreshing. Overall, pretty decent but nothing too exciting either kind of chapter.

20. Robin-Senpai Is The Best

I may hate her, but she's good waifu material
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I like Okiku (waifu material).
    Also BEPO IS BACK ALONG WITH THOSE TWO GUYS!!! (which means Law might come back soon)

onepiece222 likes this.