1. Check out our latest video "One Piece Discussion: Wano Hype!" and discuss it with us!
  2. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

One Piece Chapter 917: The Treasure Ship of Provisions

Discussion in 'One Piece Manga' started by Chaudfontaine, Sep 13, 2018 at 7:19 AM.

1. GoldenVenus

Lord of the Underworld
    Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

This was definitely a good chapter, the start of the arc wasn't that engaging (perhaps because Oda had to introduce everything and every conflict first so I understand) but things are getting interesting now and I'm quite happy with it. Luffy and Zoro definitely made everything even better (this combo is everything) and also the introduction of a new mysterious character Shutenmaru, that Kiku seems to know. There's probably some secret movement in Wano, at least I think so.

Btw, Law in that strange straw-like mask is hilarious.

With the way things are shown, with Kiku's mysterious origin and the mysterious Shutenmaru, my guess is that there's an informant working the shadows; a rebel group.

2. ignisC4t

Expand Collapse

as usual, thank for gimme a nice thing to read while enjoying my coffee :coffeepal:

NoxDRaz likes this.
  3. Portgas D. Earl

Super Cool and Nice Guy
    Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Damnnn I freaking liked it when Basill Hawkins was on his way to the city then suddenly Law is in his way! I do hope they fight

4. Finalbeta

Expand Collapse

I can't wait to see Zoro showing what he got

5. Pacquiao8

8th Commander of the Straw Hat Grand Fleet
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Do you think Atamayama Thieves would join forces with "The Alliance"?

6. Zeek

Luffy's Grappling Coach
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I hope they fight and Hawkins gets utterly wasted.
    #QuitNerfingLaw

7. NoxDRaz

Expand Collapse

Glad you liked it. ^^

ignisC4t likes this.
  8. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

I knew there was something I forgot to address...yup gotta completely agree. It does seem like Atamayama Thieves are different from the Kouzuki-loyal rebels. Kiku knows of him, but seems a bit indifferent about him. She is excessively emotional about people she cares about (also why she is flirty, especially by Japanese standards, with Zoro). Plus, she looks a little concerned in that panel so I doubt any real connection.
    Considering how weak they are implied to be (taking down Urashima is the peak of their capabilities), it doesn't matter. The number of little bugs won't help against the indestructible Kaidou.

As the old man here (mostly by One Piece experience), just be patient with the plot development. All of these events will be connected later. Oda has a plan, and he has to lay out the foundation for the skyscraper. Without the proper foundation, the rest of the arc is going to collapse. Every arc has this, but the hype of the arc's climax makes you forget about it.
    Can't give a second like, but complaining about the inevitable is pointless.

GoldenVenus likes this.
  9. Pacquiao8

8th Commander of the Straw Hat Grand Fleet
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

There might be lots of "weaklings" under Emperor Kaido though. The likes of Holdem, Urashima, some magistrates like the one that Zoro killed or Sheepshead can be easily defeated by a group of "weak" characters provided that they're supported by some "superior" characters such as the minks like Carrot or Kozuki fighters like Kiku.

GoldenVenus likes this.
  10. Portgas D. Earl

Super Cool and Nice Guy
    Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I feel like when they battle, Law will look like the winner then suddenly Hawkins comes back and injures Law :/

11. GoldenVenus

Lord of the Underworld
    Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, pretty sure someone has addressed this before, that while Kaido is the indestructible (at least for now), strongest creature alive, not all his henchmen are that formidable. Aside from the Calamities of course. Can't be too sure about X Drake since I haven't seen his current capabilities, but at this point, it seems like only the Calamities are Kaido's most powerful force. But well, I guess Oda really doesn't want to waste anymore time focusing on Kaido's followers too much before the big fight takes place.

mysticalflute likes this.
  12. ignisC4t

Expand Collapse

chapter xxx - wano
    *stage 1 map :cleared*
    *loading stage 2 map*

please wait...
    *enjoy warm coffee*
    *more misteries... sigh*
    :sanji2:

13. Mcguint

Expand Collapse

It seems weird to me that Law thinks he's going to, "finish off" Hawkins WITHOUT revealing his identity to him by wearing that helmet.
    - Hawkins seems to be a Psychometry user.

psy·chom·e·try
    sīˈkämətrē/
    noun
    1. 1.
      the supposed ability to discover facts about an event or person by touching inanimate objects associated with them.
    2. 2.
      another term for psychometrics.
    He's got enhanced Observation Haki capabilities, and he's one of the Supernova. I really don't think Law is going to accomplish the task he set out for himself so easily.

14. Zeek

Luffy's Grappling Coach
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

God I hope not. He hasn’t looked up to snuff for a while and Luffy needs a Supernova to keep pace with him.

15. Time

bogan scientist
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I like the faster pace of the story. It looks like no one is strong enough to challenge Luffy until he reaches Kaidou. I wonder what the other straw hats are doing. Surely with Luffy running rampage and causing trouble like that, they must have got wind of the current situation and either keep staying low or start acting and I fully expect Robin to be the only not having her cover blown, blown as in they do not realise she's part of the "rebels", not as a straw hat. And boy I know OP is weird, but I'm still not used to these Smile characters.

mysticalflute likes this.
  16. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

But I would assume that is what the rest of the alliance is for (we got the rebel samurai, all of the Minks, and the Heart Pirates). People like Nekomamushi, Inuarashi, or even Sanji are still high enough to take out masses of the underlings. Either way, the fast pace means something will come up soon and hopefully the introduction for the leader or part of the group.
    I will stick to my hunch that none of the other Calamities are part of the 100 Beast crew (they would be able to protect their captain to avoid at least some of the 19+ defeats, even with Kaidou roaming the world as he pleases). If Kaidou has all the Calamities, that would definitely necessitate additional powerhouse allies (we still have to deal with the real samurai in Wano Kuni). But even with Jack, most people think he isn't much of a problem (I too think Oda is accurately estimating Inurashi/Nekomamushi being able to take him out with their Suu Long transformation).

X Drake and Hawkins could pose some problems, but just like Jack, they shouldn't be a problem once the main characters start fighting seriously. I doubt Hawkins actually goes down in the next couple of chapters, but once one or both get defeated then the real action will start. It's kind of hard to imagine Oda not pulling another mutual fleeing again now that Holdem was defeated. Hawkins' reaction will determine how much he fears Jack.

17. gboxrkw

Expand Collapse

What's with the floating building in the Wano, was Shiki here :p