1. Check out our latest video "One Piece Discussion: Wano Hype!" and discuss it with us!
  2. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

One Piece Chapter 931: "O-Soba Mask"

Discussion in 'Past Chapters' started by Pacquiao8, Feb 1, 2019.

1. Pacquiao8

8th Commander of the Straw Hat Grand Fleet
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

2. mysticalflute

Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

Such a better chapter than last time. I'm so happy with this one.

- The Germa's in comic strips in the North Blue. That's amazing.
    - Sanji's raid suit is great, but I can't wait to see Franky and Usopp modify it so it doesn't fuck with Sanji's head every time he wears it.
    - Oh wow. Robin's the last one I would have thought would be caught like that. I guess Kaido has lots of tricks up his sleeves.
    - LEAVE BIG MOM TO DIE CHOPPER (I really don't expect this memory loss thing to be very long at all)

3. Pacquiao8

Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Another awesome chapter, but I'll give my take again (I give up on my Awesome Chapter means No Take Policy):
    • Frogs with Nami and Zeus are the Yonkos right?
    • All hail Stealth Black aka Soba Mask! Sanji got everything he needs in there.
    • As expected, Sanji is unfamiliar using it. A valid reason on why he's not one-shotting Page One.
    • Page One is an Armament Haki user?
    • Too bad, Law's eyes didn't spark as he hates Germa 66.
    • Oh, Usopp and Franky can really modify the Raid Suit.
    • Being ninja-like, I have a feeling that Sanji and Nami will have a tag battle soon.
    • Robin f*cked up, I hope she won't be in much trouble and can fight them all. She needs to show something.
    • Again, where's Brook?
    • LOL at Chopper. But poor him, he's with kids and a "kid" when they saw Big Mom.
    • What'll Chopper do? I hope Tama tries to feed her kibi-dango.
    • Is Oda setting up something with Yonko Big Mom? @Seiryu senpai, I think parts of the allegedly "removed" scenario of WCI is being incorporated here.

4. DarthPyro

Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

OMG!!!! BIG MOM has lost his memory!!!! Not in a 1/1.000.000 chance I would expect this scenario! Oda you are the "God of making a story"

Now, shall we guess Big Mom will help Luffy to beat down Kaidou :)

5. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

The comic strip was very accurate for the entire Vinsmoke family (even the history or terrorizing the area). That means that Germa 66 had the technology for years though (and also that someone leaked the info from the inside since Sanji wasn't using the suit until recently.

So Oda's implying that Luffy forced into putting it on, and he did nothing with it since...so how is he so confident he would win quickly last chapter? The most disappointing thing is that we probably just missed the ending of the fight => there's a big explosion and someone screaming behind Law's side at the bottom of the page. Other than the reveal, which had to happen, Sanji doesn't even get to shine with an on screen victory...I'm not even a Sanji fan and I find that lame (I can empathize for his years of struggle).

It's not Kaidou. Those are all ninja (and personal guards of Orochi). I'm kind of surprised at the numbers though. Plus, with the variety of character designs, we are going to get a variety of ninjutsu (looking forward to what Oda has in mind or if he just plays off common stereotypes/commonly used ninjutsu). Kaidou has the Calamities/Gifters (to a certain extent), while Orochi has his direct guards and other ninja (similarly of a completely different tier).

This is the situation I feared most...Robin getting captured (oh noes @Robin-Senpai Is The Best!). She's quick witted, but she isn't talking her way out of this one. We'll see how much intel the Oniwaban have on the Mugiwaras. Since Wano Kuni has direct ties to the poneglyphs, I wouldn't be surprised if they have high priorities on Robin.

And Oda immediately kills the fun of a 3-way war for the upcoming months. I'll wait and see how he plans to play this out, but some cliche change of heart after seeing the purity of good ol' Chopper and kids would be disappointing as hell. Maybe this is where we slowly get Big Mom's complete flashback (we get the missing pieces as she slowly regains her memory), but Big Mom being a guard for the weaklings until the main action starts is probably exactly what Oda is planning (with the numbers of powerhouses that completely outclass the majority of fighters in the alliance [only the captains are noteworthy => even Pedro, a Mink exec, isn't that big a deal compared to a Yonkou crew], he needs something to keep everyone alive rationally).

So, I have to assume we change to something else next chapter and it's probably back to Luffy. The biggest problem is how long it takes for someone to figure out Robin got captured (they are going to take any den den mushi, which is why there are a few females in the group). She can't let anyone know, so that means no one is going to figure anything out until they just keep getting no response from her. Luffy's a simpleton, so he'll be focused on trying to payback Kaidou for a while (what he always does whenever he loses). God damn Oda...why you gotta put Robin in such peril.
    Haha...and Sanji should win now...I'll give Oda credit that this definitely feels like something he had planned from the start of the series (the women's bath part was hilarious). Looking ahead, this is a completely useless power for anyone with basic kenbunshoku though. I guess that's where Vegapunk comes in to dramatically upgrade the boosters so that his stealth is astronomical speed rather than just invisibility (the group's thinking about ultra-speed matches Oda's subtle foreshadowing. He loves it when it is right in your face, but so nonchalant that no one thinks about it).
    She's not a zoan. It would have 0% effect on her. She would love the food though...
    Read my mind bud. We have to get the full flashback sometime before the war. It probably slowly comes back in pieces.

I'm going to disagree on the Usopp point. Nothing in the previous content has Usopp working with technology 500+ years ahead of the current time. Even his "machines" are basic. He did not design the dials. Was there technology on the island with Hercules? Why is all of his current upgrades plant based? If Oda wants to keep changing crap, he is going to contradict what he's already written and that pisses the hell out of me. There ain't no way to disguise something that is already in clear sight.

Brook is definitely the wild card. With his ghost ability, maybe he's the secret weapon to save Robin (I got your glimmer of hope @Robin-Senpai Is The Best). With these last minute changes, it would explain why he isn't shown. He literally could be doing some random spying, and just so happen come across Robin being taken into capture (or find her once she's captured).

6. Marco Polo

boy with luv
    Super Moderator YouTube Team
    Expand Collapse

If anyone can link me to an O-Soba Mask avatar ASAP, that’d be really great

Because I’m a super mega Sanji fanboy I might end up doing a whole thread about his Raid Suit some time soon, it’s got a far more interesting future than I first thought

And this Big Mom plot point... I definitely didn’t see that coming. @Anjo looks like things might end up being simpler than in your theory :o

7. bandurista24

Fifth Emperor
    Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

What a good chapter! The break was worth it!

-First of all, I cant wait to see Sanji use the raid suit to peek at Nami and Robin's bath time hahahahaha

-So Orochi(Spandam) has his own version of CP9(the ninjas) interesting

-I trust robin would have a good excuse. Shes smart

-Law being an otaku made me laugh

-Wonder what tweaks can franky and usopp do to the raid suit

-Sanji said all the words we need to hear why he should use the raid suit. Thank you oda sensei

-And the big reveal, amnesia big mom!

-I wonder if big mom would embrace the samurai girl (Kiku? Forgot her name) and say "Mother Caramel i miss you!!!" My god she looks like the young version of mother caramel, that might work

-A lot of theories will be created. What will chopper do? Help heal big mom? Use her for protection lmao? Feed her? She doesnt look hungry tho.

-And am i the only one here who loves big mom since WCI? Many here hates WCI arc so much and her. I love her character. Many says shes the weakest yonkou. I disagree. I know the yonkou all have equal power. And i just find big mom really cute sometimes even though shes an old hag now. Like in this chapter. shes cute. Lying there on the shore so cute and when she woke up saying who am i thats the cutest hahaha

8. Chill024

Expand Collapse

Next chapters gonna be the test of choppers credibility as a doctor, will he save big mom and recover her memory?or will he use big mom as his pet?

9. gboxrkw

Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

LOL that swist in the end must have blown so many people's head, am sure non of us would had expected this.
    Now there are so many possibilities & also so many question.
    What if the memory loss is temporary.
    What if she decides to join chopper & be friend of SH.
    WHAT IF SHE JOINS SH & BECOME THE NEXT NAKAMA. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Finally sanji realizes his position & power. Good for him.
    Where is ZORO.

10. GoldenVenus

I shall rise
    Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

- Not sure how to feel about BM having an amnesia lol.
    - If Robin's gonna get captured this quick I'm gonna be really frustrated because almost every arc there's someone getting caught and needs to be saved and I'm getting tired of it lol.
    - Sanji looks cool in that suit btw
    - Law reading a comic strip and knowing everything about the story... he's such an otaku.

That makes sense, BM being an unexpected 'bodyguard' to them, but well, I'm not sure if I'm gonna like this turn of event lol. Her amnesia I mean. I guess I'll wait and see how this is gonna turn out.

Seiryu likes this.
  11. Chaudfontaine

Chaudius Caesar
    Moderator Member of the Year 2017 YouTube Team
    Expand Collapse

franky has the same face I had.
    Stealth Black, nice. Cool that they mentioned black as he is the black leg sanji. Why is he associated with the color black tho? because his pantsu?
    that hair tho :laughing::laughing::laughing:
    Good to see an meaningfull powerup. Being so fast that he is being stealth and GUYS YOU KNOW WHAT STEALH MEANS RIGHT???
    YOU CAN USE STEALTH TO TAKE A PEEK AT THE GIRLS
    HAHHA he even says it himself. Oh dear god, pls anime don't boop him.

OH REDESIIIIGN, man this is hype. why is this thing so late, it had to be in sanji's year.

Did I mention I hate amnesia? Fuck that.

ignisC4t likes this.
  12. Chaudfontaine

Chaudius Caesar
    Moderator Member of the Year 2017 YouTube Team
    Expand Collapse

I hope she will just snaps everybodies neck.

13. GoldenVenus

I shall rise
    Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

I'm hoping for that too. I mean I get that she's the brain of the team but that doesn't mean she doesn't need any good fighting skills.

14. Robin-Senpai Is The Best

MEAT OR CANDY?
    Haoshoku Haki Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

- Law was such a comic book nerd when he was still in the North Blue wasn't he?
    - Wonder what a redesigned suit would look like.
    - Big Mom has amnesia, that's gonna be interesting!
    EDIT:
    - This better lead to a Robin fight!

Judgement and Chill024 like this.
  15. ignisC4t

Expand Collapse

my expression seeing raid suid :
    IMG_20190201_181806.jpg

:sanji::sanji::sanji::sanji::sanji::sanji::sanji::sanji::sanji::zoro::sanji::sanji::sanji::sanji::sanji::sanji::sanji::sanji::sanji:

16. CaiDa2931

Expand Collapse

Theory: To get her memory back Big Mom probably needs Pudding. What if Pudding accidentally brings up the memory of when mother caramel disappeared and Big Mom actually remembers that she ate everyone! Perfect set up by Oda to make he realise what happened then!

17. Pacquiao8

Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I believe one with an almost perfect Observation Haki can hide his/her/its presence. In the added scene in the anime about Luffy's Observation Haki training, presence hiding was mentioned by Rayleigh (he hid his presence a bit).

I hope Oda will make Robin do something badass this time.

I know, but it'll add something to the tension. I mean, she might want to take Tama with her.

He's good with designs though. I think he'll be responsible with the costume change. He'll probably add a few dial and pop greens incorporation. While Franky tweaks the tech-side (perhaps a few Kairoseki tweaks will be added soon).

That depends on the severity of the amnesia.

He might "help" her (doctor's code) but with a few "bad" intentions out of fear. He might plant something as a preventive counter should she regain her memories (similar to Sanji's cake with side effects). And she'll be soon hungry because there are not much food in there.

Probably Oda's "default" decisions since he's already "Black Leg".

Agree. Robin being helpless doesn't help. She's been useless for ages.

I hope so, too.

18. Gegi

Expand Collapse

#18 Gegi, Feb 1, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2019
    Never liked the amnesia-card in stories. Feels like such a cheap card to use. Nevertheless, OK chapter. Good to see Sanji in action, although, I had wished he'd save the suit power-up to be used against someone like Drake. Or let him at least have somewhat easy fight against his current opponent(don't remember his name). I feel Sanji should be able to compete with the other supernovas.
    PS; Usopp and Franky being disappointed with Sanjis choice of name is hilarious, "Let us name you instead"

19. Admiral Ryokugyu

New Marineford
    Busoshoku Haki Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

- The Raid Suit design surpassed my expectations. It looks amazing. I've always loved Ichiji's design, especially the hair, and now that Sanji has a similar hair then i can't ask for more.

- Stealth Black ! Even the name is better than what i've expected. Some people were expecting Sanji's Raid Suit to have fire powers but they forgot that Ichiji already has fire powers. Personally i expected it to be a yellow suit with light powers ( something like Kizaru's abilities ), but what we got in this chapter is far better.

- That invisible man drawing looks great, we saw it with Shiryu of the Rain in Chapter 925 and now with Sanji. Oda said that he learnt it from Kishimoto ( Naruto's mangaka ).

- " I'll ask Franosuke and Usohachi to modify the design later " DON'T DO IT. The suit looks amazing please don't !

- Alright so now Law, Usopp and Franky are heading to Ebisu Town. If Sanji follows them then we'll finally see Zoro and him meeting.

- Robin is smart, she'll find a way out of that situation. The Straw Hat i worry about the least in this kind of situation is Robin.

- Big Mom is in Kuri Beach ? But how ? This means that she was sucked into the whirpool just like Luffy, but wasn't the whirpool on top of the waterfall ?

- There's something very special about Wano's geography.

- Big Mom lost her memories ? So you're telling me that an Emperor of the Sea lost her memories by falling down a waterfall ?

I'm very skeptical. Big Mom might be fooling them so that she can get closer to Luffy. On the other hand, if she really lost her memories, then you have just witnessed the biggest nerf in the history of the serialization. But it's understandable, Oda has to make things easier for him.

Great chapter !

20. Johannes

"If I die trying at least I tried."
    Busoshoku Haki Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

Okay Sanji needs to fill in soon :sanji:!