1. Check out our latest video "One Piece Discussion: Wano Hype!" and discuss it with us!
  2. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

One Piece Chapter 932: The Shogun and The Courtesan

Discussion in 'Past Chapters' started by mysticalflute, Feb 7, 2019.

1. mysticalflute

Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

#1 mysticalflute, Feb 7, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2019
  2. Chill024

Expand Collapse

Orochi subordinates ridicule this “clown” leader, even with him changing to 8 goofy looking dragon! lol
    Robin has a new cool ability!!

Oh kyoshiro, i do hope its a bloodbathe next chapter!!

3. Marco Polo

“super moderator”
    Super Moderator YouTube Team
    Expand Collapse

#3 Marco Polo, Feb 7, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2019
    Guys

Komurasaki in the mask was the “Fox lady” who played the shamisen for the Act opening/closing

EDIT: holy shit Komurasaki too OP

4. Chaudfontaine

Chaudius Caesar
    Moderator Member of the Year 2017 YouTube Team
    Expand Collapse

The double body seemed so staged. I know it is something ninja fancy but still, pls don't use the bunnyintheattic stuff.

The t/n note might be important. the scabbards are all men.

Robin was ready to snap some necks, too bad our samurai daughter stepped in.

5. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

Haha...she definitely has some fighting capabilities to physically stop Orochi (a fighting oversized human). I'm curious about who her father is now.

I am always a fan first, so I'm glad Oda had a plan for Robin (and it completely matches her to plan something like her blossomed clone). The fan in me is also pumped that the action is going to get started essentially next chapter!. News of Page 1 going down (context of Sanji being relevant and his initial confidence to take Page 1 down quickly) is going to bring King/Queen/Kaidou back into play. In addition to this, we see the immediate support for Robin already in this chapter (Law's group is probably forced to turn around).

Luffy should be breaking out about now, so things could literally jump straight into major action. If this doesn't seem like a likely outcome, I think attacking the leader of any country is going to start a war in almost any country/culture.

The other main nugget of info is confirmation that Kinemon is part of the 9 Scabbards...he isn't that powerful based on what he has shown so far...and that's really disappointing. If he is as strong as this chapter is implying, he/Kanjurou/Raizou should have been able to get out of most if not all of the predicaments they had. At least they essentially negate out the majority of the 11 Oniwaban (only 2 other 1v1). But that's assuming the mystery hat guy is in Wano Kuni right now too. Either way, at least it's still somewhat small contradictions. At least the accelerated pace is enough for me.

I guess it keeps in character for even the hydra heads to have a goofy look to them too. I don't know Greek mythology to save my life, but does that hydra start with 8 heads? I think that's the count shown in the double spread.

Surprisingly somewhat empty chapter otherwise. Lots of immediate build up for what hopefully is more than just a small skirmish, but in typical Oda fashion, we get quality character development in just a few panels. Speaking of which, Toko might be related to Komurasaki (little sister).

Juggy likes this.
  6. Chaudfontaine

Chaudius Caesar
    Expand Collapse

Exact number depends on which source you check. The only thing that is fixed is that if you cut of one head, two more appear.

Possible spoolers:
    Hercules needed help from his cousin with a firey sword. The wounds inflicted by hercules would be closed by the burning sword of the cousin. With this the multiplation stopped.

Seiryu likes this.
  7. gboxrkw

Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

The Spoilers said something about Luffy broke out of the prison with KID, didn't saw anything related to that.

Also Komurasaki is strong, also a samurai's daughter is she momo's Sister ????

It's always good to see strawhats getting new power & this one was quite awesome too.

& we are going to get another ally i guess kyoshiro go for it.

8. Pacquiao8

8th Commander of the Straw Hat Grand Fleet
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Me lyk diz chap. Mah tayk:
    • I really like this chapter, Robin-centered! Best chapter this year so far.
    • If we'll take the cover as a foreshadow, Caesar will be captured by Inspector Sengoku.
    • Nice one Robin! I know she won't be captured that easy. I like that she was also recognized being new by the Shogun.
    • Finally, Brook! Never thought of him to be inside the castle. How did he get there? I smell a tag vs. Onibawanshu.
    • If ever Brook and Kyoshiro fight and ends in stale or the latter in the losing side, I'll lose confidence with the Shogun's army.
    • I would like to see Nami using Zeus inside.
    • Komurasaki wearing mask when playing shamisen? I hope it's something not melodramatic.
    • LOL at Shogun Orochi being disrespected by his subordinates, slapped and then shaking in fear. I don't really know if I should continue taking him seriously. But hey, he seems to be "smart" in his own ways. He precisely pointed out Kin'emon as the mastermind.
    • Komurasaki's father? Kin'emon?
    • Now we see Shogun's Yamata no Orochi form. I hope he'll be badass this time.

GoldenVenus likes this.
  9. GoldenVenus

I shall rise
    Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

- Nothing too exciting in this chapter aside from Orochi being slapped. It's good that Robin knew how to survive on her own, but she really needs some extra training on combat.

- Komurasaki's expression when Momonosuke was brought up was quite suspicious. There's definitely something more to her aside from being a samurai's daughter. She might be scheming something.

- So Robin ran away with Toko, who's gonna join them first?

Juggy likes this.
  10. Robin-Senpai Is The Best

☆~Fashion~☆
    Haoshoku Haki Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

- Komurasaki giving that onee-san slap
    - OwO she's the daughter of someone important (I can already hear everyone's keyboards)
    - And she's protective over her subordinates

Juggy likes this.
  11. ckimbrew

Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Hmmm.. this wasn’t Robin’s first body double. Remember back when she had her double try to stop Jimbe and Luffy from fighting? Sanji jumped in to try to save her and she disappeared.

Back to this chapter, I actually think the story progressed quite a bit! Well, the plot definitely thinkened a ton. As it always has, the build up comes and this one seems to run deep. I love the suspense and all of the back stories for what’s supposed to be an EPIC war. Makes the war really mean something when you know what each side is fighting for. It creates enemies and “frienemies”. Those you kinda want to cheer for, but know they’re evil. Lol

I’m with you guys. That was some slap, unless the shock of the slap is what halted him. Definitely a proud warrior. And, didn’t Otoko already call her “big sister”?

Who’s side is Kyroshiro on!? Saving Robin, and fighting the ninja? Saving the beautiful chick(can’t rememebr her name), and fighting the shogun? Or, completely backing shogun and the ninja?

12. Trafalgar D. Mortyllien

Expand Collapse

Damn so Orochi is aware od Kin'emon, and everyone else thinks he is a paranoid idiot.. Was that Zoro at the very last panel?

13. Chill024

Expand Collapse

Damn you are right! Lol iam not a true fan iam ashamed! *commits seppuku*

I dont think thats zoro, the pattern of the robe looks like kyoshiros

14. Chicano180

Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Also used it against a commander of Hordy Jones...can't remember the name, but essentially used 2 bodies to snap the guy.

Chill024 likes this.
  15. Chaudfontaine

Chaudius Caesar
    Expand Collapse

Why train combat if you can snap everybodies neck in an instant?

16. Johannes

"If I die trying at least I tried."
    Busoshoku Haki Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

This just suddenly came to mind after reading this Chapter!

Koushirou might be one of "The Nine Red Scabbards"! A possible reunion with Zoro at Wano Kuni? :iwonder:

17. Kreydens

Expand Collapse

to avoid hits from those whose necks are too hard to break or any hits for that matter, also if Robin can hit from anywhere even from very far (making spynet of eyes) it would be good that those hits had umpf to them. Also imagine Robins hands hiting from long distances with haki. She has a lot room to grow, i still think she is the last in using her devil fruit in fullest. Btw we have only 4 devil fruit users in Shs? Quite few.

18. GoldenVenus

I shall rise
    Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

Yes but that technique isn't going to work on just anyone. I'd hate to see Luffy or Zoro or Sanji jumping in to rescue other members, again.

They're already in Wano and I have no idea what Oda has done to develop Robin's character.

19. Juggy

Expand Collapse

• Nothing much has happened, nothing much has been revealed, yet it was a enjoyable read.
    • Komurasaki wears a fox mask, effortlessly bitch-slaps Orochi. Is she a part of Anbu squad? :D It fits well to whole ninja concept. Joke aside, it seams that she will have some role in future events. just like @Seiryu wrote, she might be Tama's older sister.
    • Kudos for Robin. I loved the way how she handled ninja squad. As for her training, despite the potential of her devil fruit in terms of fighting versatility, I think she doesn't need it. She is a "nerd" of SH crew, definitely the most intelligent crew member and that is her greatest power. Although, I would like to see in serious fight (Imagine her with CoA :robin:)
    • Orochi on the other hand looks like every other "royalty" presented. Like a spoiled brat - well deserved bitch slap. He seams to have some inferiority complex - maybe because of its appearance. That could be the reason he doesn't allow laughing in his presence.
    • Kyoushiro intrigues me. Laid back character, close but definitely not loyal to Orochi. Also, he seams to enjoy a good fight - he announced bloodbath. I can't wait to see him meeting Zoro for some reason.

20. Admiral Ryokugyu

New Marineford
    Busoshoku Haki Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Incredible chapter. Incredible build-up. Incredible character development. As expected of a master storyteller.

- Unfortunately it's a cover request, at first i thought it's canon and that Caesar is now looking for a job. He disappeared in WCI, so his current situation is still a mystery.

- Komurasaki is the one who appears at the beginning / end of each Act.

- Wait since when can Robin create body doubles ? Niice ! That's gonna be a useful ability.

- Who touched Komurasaki at the lower right panel in page 8 ? and why ?

- Oh so the Nine Red Scabbards are confirmed to be Kinemon's group, and Kinemon is their leader. But i don't see how they have " absurd strength ".

- Komurasaki looked sad when Orochi spoke about Momonosuke. Is she Hiyori ?

- I have something to say about Orochi's speech, i'll leave it till the end.

- Komurasaki steps up ! Come on Oda, give us more hints that she's indeed Hiyori.

- SLAP THE SH*T OUT OF THAT BIG HEADED MIDGET. He deserved it, so satisfying.

- Komurasaki confronts Orochi, she's climbing the ladder of Best Wano Characters, but way to go.

- Daughter of a Samurai ? Nice Oda, more hints.

- I LOVE the Yamata no Orochi design.

- Wait, is Kyoshiro standing in Robin's way or in the Ninja's way ? Is he protecting her ?

So Orochi's speech made me feel that Oda wants us to believe firmly in the death of Oden. I think he's preparing for a major twist, the one in which we'll find out that Oden is still alive, and maybe he's the mysterious prisoner in Udon. The fact that he kept repeating during these past Wano chapters that Kozuki Family were defeated 20 years ago and stuff ... it's so obvious that he's preparing for a twist.

He might also be doing a Light Yagami, making believe what i said right above, but in the end we find out that Oden was indeed killed 20 years ago.

I won't be surprised if Oden is still alive, he made the twist predictable.

Anyway, very enjoyable chapter. Oda is so far succeeding in building up this mega arc.