1. As a final farewell gift to our beloved creator, we're planning to make a "thank you" video. If you'd like to be involved, you can read more here.
  2. Our One Piece User Tournament is back. Join the fun now!
  3. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

One Piece Chapter 955: "Enma"

Discussion in 'Past Chapters' started by Anjo, Sep 12, 2019.

1. Anjo

An alcohol dependent being, born at a young age
    Navigator
    Expand Collapse

#1 Anjo, Sep 12, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2019 at 3:21 AM
  2. Juggy

Helmsman
    Expand Collapse

@Anjo

You did not post the link properly. Fix it please :)

Chibi-chibi-no-mi likes this.
  3. Chaudfontaine

Chieftain Chóðinn
    Super Moderator Member of the Year 2017
    Expand Collapse

#3 Chaudfontaine, Sep 12, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2019
    Cover story: that looks like dressrosa?

lolled at sanji's trying to get on the good side of momo because of hiyori, it's too late brother! she's not going to pick you.
    Cutting a tree but mistakenly cutting the coastline :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

I think chapter is pretty nice in terms of comedy and set up. I mean act 2 isn't the one that ends in a bang, but in a slow progression to the next one. Cool to see the all people turning against their dictator.

Such a Zoro chapter boi, even the mentioning of the illegal leave of Yusaburo Shimotsuki, which is the same name as the town where Koushiro and his daughter had the dojo!

Fixed.

4. Storm chaser

Rock n' Roll
    Supernova
    Expand Collapse

Aaa Zoroooo!! I am so curious to see how he tames that sword. :zoro::zoro:

Seiryu likes this.
  5. GoldenVenus

I shall rise
    Navigator
    Expand Collapse

#5 GoldenVenus, Sep 12, 2019
    Ok first of all. ZOROO!! That Enma is badass, and Zoro is becoming even more badass. It sort of reminds me of Frankenstein's Dark Spear. Can't wait to see what happens when it turns black.

On the other hand, Luffy looking so confident after his training... Someone please tell me something did happen during the training and he does have a way to go against Kaido, other than relying on brute strength.
    Edit: Now that I look closer, did Luffy destroy that tree without touching it?

I'm confused with the the last few panels though. So there's a rat who revealed the real plan to Orochi. And there's Law in the next panel. Are they implying Law is the rat...or is he just there for Oda to mislead us?

Yesss. Does that mean Koushiro is Shimotsuki himself?

Icecrusher likes this.
  6. Chaudfontaine

Chieftain Chóðinn
    Super Moderator Member of the Year 2017
    Expand Collapse

I would say a decendant or a loyal retainer. Not sure tho, the age and how he left are still a mystery

7. GoldenVenus

I shall rise
    Navigator
    Expand Collapse

Oh right. I'm getting confused with the timeline lol. Wano is so hectic that I forgot what's what sometimes.

Chaudfontaine likes this.
  8. Saami

First Mate
    Expand Collapse

What a chapter! This chapter felt a little rushed though, there is still so much that we don't know.

Why didn't Hiyori follow Zoro and Kawamatsu? I know that she said that it's because of emotions, but it feels a little sketchy. Where did she go that is so ''safe'' that Kawamatsu doesn't stay with her? She must be up to something with Kyoshiro, it feels like they have their own agenda.

So the person that Hitetsu was waiting for was Momo and/or Hiyori. He did say that he was waiting for someone in the first chapters. Zoro's teacher seems to be the son of the swordsmith that made the Wado and Enmna aswell considering he left Wano 50 years ago and Koshiro is 51 years old.

Franky mentioning 10,000 people seems like foreshadowing. We know that the alliance have 4,200 people right now, and there is said to be 1,000 samurais prisoned in the Flower Capital so that makes it 5200 people. Are we gonna see another 4,000 people show up somehow? Marco and his crew? The Strawhat Grand Fleet? Uuuugh, I can't wait.

Luffy and Zoro powerups! Hype!

The last big question. Who is the traitor? I'm gonna take a shot and say it's Silican, the leopard mink. Orochi knows that Hiyori is safe but he doesn't know that Udon was being held by Luffy & co so that makes Kiku, Raizo, Kawamatsu safe. We still don't know about how Jack and his crew knew about Zou and that makes all minks suspicious. I'm probably wrong like always but I'm just taking a guess.

Also, who and where is Denjiro? Who is the Witch-Hour boy? Aren't we gonna see flashbacks of Oden? Who are the other daimyos of Wano? Where is Gyuukimaru? Where is Kid and Killer? Who saved Law(probably Drake but we still need confirmation)? There are so many questions we have left before the final battle. Anyways, all aboard the hype train, sh*t is about to go down!

9. Celestial D. Dragon

Navigator
    Expand Collapse

If I had to bet, I'd say Koshiro is Yusaburo's son in law, and Kuina's mother is Yusaburo's daughter... Only reason I think that, and not Koshiro being Yusaburo's son, is the fact that Wado Ichimonji was Kuina's sword, and not Koshiros, which leads me to believe that the Sword belonged to her mother, and was passed on to her when she died... So if Kuina's mom was Yusaburo's daughter, then he passed on his sword to her when he died, and she passed it on to Kuina when she died...

10. Flik D

The Worst Nobodys
    Navigator
    Expand Collapse

#10 Flik D, Sep 12, 2019
    This scene is so funny, like an father and son fighting over the TV remote. :zorolaughing:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Seiryu likes this.
  11. Edinbour

The Red King
    Yonko
    Expand Collapse

What a fantastic chapter to end act 2! I really hope we get to see Jinbei soon. If it's gonna be a war, it'd be nice to have the complete Strawhat crew present.

12. Twelve

Trippin'
    Captain
    Expand Collapse

#12 Twelve, Sep 12, 2019
    18.png

^That fanart on Mangastream was a perfect reaction pic for the things that are gonna happen soon xD

This panel is my favorite this chapter:
    20190912_181021.jpg

Since there's only one day left before the raid, I'm hoping we'll get to the fights next next chapter. Hooray for no break the next week too \m/

-

Yep. It definitely is Dressrosa. [EDIT: Some sources say it might not be Dressrosa]

The remaining members of the WB Pirates may not reach 4K so maybe it's really the Grand Fleet! I kinda wanna see them and also don't wanna see them at the same time :shoutingsanji:

Juggy likes this.
  13. Dreamer

I'm more like a stone than a snowflake
    Navigator
    Expand Collapse

• Doesn't that island where Fire Tank Pirates decided to go gather supplies looks familiar? I don't believe it is Dressrosa
    • That moment about Hiyori and Momonosuke's childhood was fun :laughing:
    • Once again Zoro showed how badass he can be :smile:
    • I'm curious to learn about the past of Wado Ichimonji and Enma and Yusaburo Shimotsuki
    • Oh s**t... Somebody revealed their plans to Orochi :fearful:
    • When I'm thinking about the beginning of the third act, I can't help but think: "The end of Wano arc is nearer. The waited big fight is coming soon. I'm excited."

Seiryu likes this.
  14. Robin-Senpai Is The Best

Loafing Monochrome
    Captain
    Expand Collapse

#14 Robin-Senpai Is The Best, Sep 12, 2019
    -That mini-flashback with Hiyori flying into Momo's face was funny.
    -Also it's funny to seeing everyone talk about how much of a tomboy Hiyori is (wonder how they'd react to her being the most popular courtesan in the country).
    -Maybe that was what Koushiro was talking about when he said something about master swordsmen needing to control their strikes (I mean it does seem to be implied he made that sword).

Dreamer and Seiryu like this.
  15. ckimbrew

Navigator
    Expand Collapse

So

Much

HYPE!!

Please Oda, don’t make Law the traitor or make him go back on the alliance...

“Give it back!” Best line of the chapter. I wonder if Tengu will explain to Zoro about the process of a blade becoming black. Was that a huge compliment to a swordsman?

After getting one-shot, I’m glad to see Luffy’s “shi shi shi” laugh back! Watching the last anime where his haki was so easily stopped by the Bat gifted was incredibly disappointing... So, I’m glad this will place a bit further above the rest of the fray of strong characters. Still incredibly interested if his fist would tingle against Katakuri’s still. Is this haki only for offensive, or did it increase his defensive abilities as well? If not defensive, we’ll get to see a bunch of future sight to avoid Kaido’s blows.

Getting a little ahead of myself here, but I CAN NOT WAIT FOR THE FIRST BLOW TO LAND ON KAIDO! I sincerely hope his face has a reaction and then he immediately gets serious. He waited for Luffy to deal him damage and was disappointed, like “meh” this kid had so much fire, he got my hopes up.

16. onami

Navigator
    Expand Collapse

This chapter is amazing. The part where zoro cuts a part of coastal line with enma is soooo freaking badass! I couldn't love him more! And about zoro’s master, I think he’s the same person or related to yusaburo shimotsuki. But I don't think zoro would be talking about his master because he doesn't care much.
    Zoro has Enma, luffy mastered haki, sanji has germa’s raid suit, nami has zeus, usopp has newly awakened kenbonshaku no haki!

I'm worried about law and his crew mates. I think shinobu should apologise for law. Guaranteed that 20 years is awful lot of time but still she shouldn't have spoken like that. I wish he returns back asap.

Nice powerups for everyone.
    I was wondering things are going so smoothly for the preparation of the battle.

For orochi to know about the plan is kinda bad but not as bad as if the people of kaido finds out about it.

If kyoshiro is truly under Orochi, then it will be kyoshiro, orochi vs zoro.

I think fight ends by the end of fire festival or main part of it since it's found out by the enemy. Either way, things are turning out to be very interesting.

But still, where are jinbe, nekomamushi, Marco and others? I'm going mad waiting for their arrival :(

Seiryu and Juggy like this.
  17. Juggy

Helmsman
    Expand Collapse

This!
    Maybe I'm delusional or I was dreaming about it, but (in my mind) there was some discussion here about betrayals in OP. I remember thinking about the possibility for Law to be a traitor. He is a very cunning character and master strategist after all. Still though, please Oda don't go that way.

18. Rohan

Helmsman
    Expand Collapse

More Zoro Hype!

19. Marco Polo

「MISTA TWELVE」
    Administrator Member of the Year 2018
    Expand Collapse

End of Act Two and it looks like we’re getting thrown straight to the business end for Act 3 onwards.

I said in the spoiler thread and I’ll say it again here - Enma is a massive hack as far as this “Advanced Haki” goes, but with the massive gap in strength that needs filling I think it’s a necessary evil. That being said, I’m very excited to see where this takes Zoro’s development - if he masters this blade he’s one step closer to Mihawk (and will probably kick major ass in the raid).

Little bit disappointed we only get training shots for Luffy and Zoro, and the other seven Straw Hats don’t get their moment. If they’re the only two out of the main crew that fight I’ll be disappointed.

Also, what’s up with Law? He’s looking all broody and serious...

20. Admiral Ryokugyu

Green Bull
    First Mate
    Expand Collapse

#20 Admiral Ryokugyu, Sep 12, 2019
    Law is the traitor. He leaked everything to Orochi. And he was the one who leaked the plan in the beginning. Hawkins called it though, he noticed that Law might not be actually allied with Luffy.

EDIT: i'm skeptical about this. Law chose Luffy as his ally because they're from the same family ( the D. ). He kept saying that the D. will definitely bring a storm again. So i doubt he's the traitor.

Marco Polo likes this.