1. Check out our latest video "One Piece Discussion: Wano Hype!" and discuss it with us!
  2. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

One Piece Episode 852: "A Hard Battle Starts! Luffy vs. Katakuri!"

Discussion in 'Past Episodes' started by Edinbour, Sep 2, 2018.

1. Edinbour

The Red King
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

2. Edinbour

The Red King
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Pretty exciting episode! I was hoping for most of it to be Luffy/Katakuri, but it seemed split between that and the whole cake thing. That's ok though, there was still plenty of action. Looking forward to next episode :)

3. Kia

Kia
    Expand Collapse

It was fantastic! Loved the Pudding stuff—her acting like a female Sanji when he first got to the New World is hilarious. Then of course the Luffy and Katakuri is great—those lines, that action.

Edinbour likes this.
  4. Edinbour

The Red King
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I love how smug Katakuri was: "Did I do the Elephant Gun right?" lol

Kia likes this.
  5. Kia

Kia
    Expand Collapse

Right?! And Perospero is so detestable—on that snail convo I wanted punch him so hard. Why couldn’t he have bitten that tongue off in the explosion?

Seiryu and Edinbour like this.
  6. Edinbour

The Red King
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Right?! F*ck that guy.. I hate how easily he managed to defeat Brook on the Sunny. I mean, Brook managed to stand up to BIG MOM yet can't land a solid hit on this loser?? C'mon..

Kia likes this.
  7. Pacquiao8

8th Commander of the Straw Hat Grand Fleet
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Brook was "easily" beaten because Brook was quite careless, not knowing that Perospero is a candy man. Wait for their rematch, if, after Brook learns the Foxfire style.

Edinbour likes this.
  8. Edinbour

The Red King
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, true. It still bothers me a little though. Mostly because Perospero is so f*cking annoying :P

Seiryu and Kia like this.
  9. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

@Edinbour @Kia the best part is that Oda always has karma be a real b**** to the despicable people. I have no idea what Oda has in mind, but it will be something befitting.

Kia and Edinbour like this.
  10. Kia

Kia
    Expand Collapse

#10 Kia, Sep 3, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2018
    I hope so because having to put up with that crazy mother for his whole life as the first born isn’t enough, sorry to say. Like I’m sure that’s what warped his demented @ss and all but I’ve got zero sympathy for him he’s so obnoxious. He can’t enjoy his tea without his arm melting? He wants revenge? Screw that! Pedro sacrificed himself to take him and his infernal candy out and that @$!;&! is still around to b***h about it. I’ll have my faith in karma and Oda but it’s hard to be patient. I mean urg.

Seiryu likes this.
  11. Johnnybyup

Expand Collapse

Wicked episode. I don't know why luffy is struggling SO much. He's not that weak, he should be able to land one punch on the guy. He generally always figures out a way to beat or stun the enemy but this time he is completely out classed.
    What happened to supreme haki? And I wish he was able to use Gear 4 and not get gassed out after 10mins.

Can't wait for the next episode

Seiryu likes this.
  12. Portgas D. Earl

Super Cool and Nice Guy
    Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Just like his battle with Lucci, he was outmatched by him in every way and only won because of sheer determination and willpower. So I think he will win with this result again. (I didn't read the manga when he battled Katakuri, so maybe it's a different way of winning? xD)

13. Bee Sama

Expand Collapse

The thing is it seems as though Katakuri's devil fruit power is the "better version" of Luffy's devil fruit from appearances at least. I think that's why he seemed to be struggling so much. We all know that Luffy has insane fighting potential, he uses what seems to be a useless fruit and turns it into an insane weapon. He also used supreme haki multiple times, we know that because of the unique black/red colour when two supreme haki users collide so on paper Katakuri should be many times stronger than Luffy, so it's not that surprising, what's usually surprising in fights like this one (for example vs Rob Lucci, Cracker and even Blueno), is how Luffy evolves, and uses his fruit in a really surprising way to make him stronger.

Nonetheless, we're all fans and we all can't wait for the next episode!

Seiryu likes this.
  14. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

Welcome to the forum! Edit: also welcome to @Bee Sama! Didn't see the latest posts.

The key thing is Luffy is already exhausted from major fighting. He already had to take out countless chess homies and pirate underlings on top of clashing with many named Charlottes (the key being his day long fight with Cracker). The reason this makes so little sense is that technically Luffy should be running out of haki already. He used up the last of his haki to try to punch Big Mom and he hasn't eaten anything since.

On the positive side, the B.S. changes to the plot are mostly over already. Things don't make sense because Oda changed the story.

Kia likes this.
  15. Portgas D. Earl

Super Cool and Nice Guy
    Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

But he ate so much after his battle with Cracker right? Then he ate again when he escaped the candle book so he shouldn't really be that tired.

EDIT: I forgot he used 4th gear against Big mom in the wedding, my bad.

16. Zeek

Luffy's Grappling Coach
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

With a certain character looming in the manga that's supposedly back from a swim... I can't help but thinking he's just not going to be on Katakuri's level. Kata is the GOAT of subordinates imo.

Edinbour likes this.