1. Check out our latest video "One Piece Discussion: Wano Hype!" and discuss it with us!
  2. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

One Piece Episode 880: "Sabo Goes Into Action! All The Captains Of The Revolutionary Army Appear!"

Discussion in 'Past Episodes' started by Edinbour, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Edinbour

The Red King
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

2. Pacquiao8

8th Commander of the Straw Hat Grand Fleet
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Episode is cool, flashback is minimal. Pinkbeard's wanted poster is a nice addition, also with the making good use of Moda (the blonde girl).

Also noticed that Dragon has more wanted posters with him other than Luffy's and Sanji's (and they're collective). Most likely Jinbe's and Bege's.

Bad news: Next episode is full of flashbacks.

Tony likes this.
  3. Kia

Kia
    All about amare, anima, and anime.
    Haoshoku Haki Busoshoku Haki Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

Belo Betty was the highlight of this episode for me. I mean the plot was good. I enjoyed Morley as well and that the milk maid got to deliver the finishing blow. Sabo and Koala’s interactions are always a delight. But Belo Betty stole the show. My new waifu for sure. I’m thrilled with how they animated her. She was okay in the manga but I like her personality in the anime. ^_^

4. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

Only got around to skimming through the episode but wow. I'm pleasantly surprised that Toei put out climax of the arc level animation for minuscule fighting/actual action (all the RA were just toying with Pinkbeard the entire time). It does seem a bit wasted since the movements are quite slow and simple, but I'll definitely take it since it is the only highlight for the foreseeable future with months until Wano Kuni (trusting the info I've only browsing through).

Edinbour likes this.
  5. Edinbour

The Red King
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

From what I've heard, Wano arc is set to begin in July, so we're looking at 3 months (12 or so episodes) of the Reverie. Hopefully it isn't mostly filler/flashbacks, but I have a feeling it will be (with a few good moments).
    I could be wrong!

Seiryu likes this.
  6. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

I browsed through the comments on episode 881, and I can't blame anyone for feeling that way. Based on what people are saying, this is just as bad as Enies Lobby. However, the manga was literally only a few chapters ahead of the manga at its worst point. There is no excuse to delay Wano Kuni (other than more time for Oda to plan and make the corrections to his mistakes/cover up with "revisionist history). I agree that we just have to hope for the best though.