1. Participate in the Monthly PAW May 2018 with a special category for our anniversary!
  2. Check out our latest video "One Piece Discussion: Wano Hype!" and discuss it with us!
  3. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

One Piece Forum Tier List v2.0

Discussion in 'One Piece General' started by Zeek, Oct 12, 2017.

1. Zeek

Luffy's Grappling Coach
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

#1 Zeek, Oct 12, 2017
    Last edited: May 15, 2018
    S+ [Pirate King Tier]
    Kaido "of the Beasts"
    "Red-Haired" Shanks
    S [Emperor Tier]
    Marshall D. Teach "Blackbeard"
    Charlotte Linlin "Big Mom"
    S- [New World Ruler]
    Sakazuki "Akainu"
    Kuzan "Aokiji"
    Issho "Fujitora"
    Borsalino "Kizaru"
    Monkey D. Garp "Garp the Fist"
    Sengoku "the Buddha"
    Ryokogyu "Green Bull"

A+ [Elite New World]
    A [Top Tier New World]

Monkey D. Luffy "Straw Hat"
    A- [Famous New World]
    B+ [New World Veteran]
    B [New World]
    B- [New World Rookie]
    C+ [Above Average]
    C [Average Tier]
    C- [Below Average]
    D+ [Transcending Fodder]
    D [Strong Fodder]
    D- [Decent Fodder]
    F+ [Serviceable Fodder]
    F [Fodder Tier]
    F- [Useless Fodder Tier]

Yuuzume and Date Damon like this.
  2. Zeek

Luffy's Grappling Coach
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

#2 Zeek, Oct 12, 2017
    Last edited: May 11, 2018
    So I think I'm going to approach this differently than I have before to try and speed a few things up.

We'll start with trying to rank the Gonkou and go from there once we've reached a consensus.

So we'll go in this order

Gonkou
    Admirals
    Gonkou Commanders
    Supernovas
    Shichibukai
    Straw Hat Grand Fleet Members
    Straw Hats
    New World Pirates
    Pre-Timeskip Pirates

Yuuzume and Date Damon like this.
  3. Zeek

Luffy's Grappling Coach
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Let's start with the 5 emperors
    I'll put them in order of what I believe to be the strongest and the tier I think they deserve. Help me decide on a tier/ranking!

Shanks "Red Hair" - S+ Pirate King Tier
    Kaido "of the Beasts" - S Emperor Tier
    Marshall D. Teach "Blackbeard" - S Emperor Tier
    Charlotte Linlin "Big Mom" - S Emperor Tier
    Monkey D. Luffy "Straw Hat" - A+ Elite New World

@Chaudfontaine @Marco Polo @Edinbour @Storm chaser @Yuuzume @Owl @Seiryu @Robin-Senpai Is The Best @Behnam @Deathbloke @Judgement @Booker @sweetjacky @ZakNik and any others that want to weigh in please do so I can finally get this project underway!

Juggy, Storm chaser, Yuuzume and 2 others like this.
  4. Behnam

The one who wants CHOIce
    Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I think it's:
    1. Kaido (As Oda already said: In a 1 vs 1 , Kaido always wins.Also I don't think Shanks or Teach can be alive after jumping down from a sky island.)
    2. Teach (Even before having the power of Whitebeard, he could give that scar to Shanks.I can't imagine his true power right now.He must be so much overpowered)
    3. Shanks (Since I didn't see much from him, I can't say he is more powerful than Bigmom or anything like that, but my personal idea says he is really powerful.Just a feeling)
    4. Charlotte (She is really strong but still I can't decide between her and Shanks.But because we've seen her power sooner than the others, I guess she is not gonna be more powerful than them)
    5. Luffy (I don't think it needs a reason, since it's obvious)

5. Zeek

Luffy's Grappling Coach
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I agree Kaido is likely a better #1 but I feel that Shanks might be way stronger than we have been lead to believe up to this point. As of now I'm pretty sure you are correct based off of what we know.

Teach being above Shanks is a hard thing to judge. Teach's abilities are just cheap. If Shanks is able to stalemate him without a DF ability honestly it puts Shanks above BB in my book. However, I think between Shanks and BB it's a coin toss right now.

There isn't a universe where I would put Big Mom over Shanks though. Simply not happening in my book.

Poor Luffy is a few years too soon to be compared to these guys in a 1v1 lol

I'll concede Kaido #1 but I want to hear more discussion about Shanks v Teach. I think #4 and #5 are definitely Big Mom and Luffy respectively.

Current ranking:
    1. Kaido
    2. Shanks -or- Teach
    3. Shanks -or Teach
    4. Big Mom
    5. Luffy

6. Admiral Ryokugyu

Admiral of the Navy
    Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

1- Kaido
    2- Shanks
    3- Blackbeard
    4- Big Mom
    6- Luffy

I agree with @Behnam regarding Kaido as the strongest one. Shanks and Teach won't stay alive if they jump from a sky island.

Yuuzume likes this.
  7. Yuuzume

Slayer Candidate
    Busoshoku Haki Member of the Season
    Expand Collapse

Oh,interesting project.First of all,to rank them in terms of power in my opinion:
    1- Kaido (It would be interesting to compare him to Shanks in the past,but now that Shanks is missing an arm,he's most likely less powerful.But Shanks is definitely still in the same league.)

2- Shanks (The second most powerful all-rounder after Kaido.Doesn't need to be concerned about compatibility like DF users,since his strength comes purely from techniques and haki.And said haki is enough to affect the environment just from him adopting "battle-ready" mindset,like when he visited WB's ship,and that was before the time skip.And since you're interested in the match up,he's the best opponent for Teach and I definitely think Teach will never reach Shank's level.)

3- Teach,quite unfortunately. (Now that haki is commonplace,his darkness fruit now is mostly useful for stealing DF abilities.However,the fact that he wields WB's quake powers earns him the 3rd spot in my book,again,quite unfortunately.)

4- Charlotte (Could go into a frenzy where she loses all reason and doesn't help with decision,including ones during battle.Recently lost Zeus,effectively cutting a big percentage of her fighting capabilities.However,despite that,still has immense physical capabilities and a considerably powerful devil fruit,solidifying her position as one of the Yonkou even now.

5- Luffy (Ingenious use of his DF abilities,which is commendable,but his DF is quite under powered compared to others at this point.Inexperienced haki user.He had the basics drilled into him by Reyleigh and has seen much progress since then but he still hasn't reached the level of mastery that would allow him to be a threat to other users,as far as haki goes.Though,he's started to get on the right track during his fight with Katakuri.Well,to sum it up so that I don't rumble about him,he doesn't feel like a "complete" fighter.Basically he's getting powerful without getting more efficient in using that power,thus ending up wasting it.

That's as far as the ranking between those 5 goes.As for individual ranking,I agree with Shank's,Teach's and Charlotte's but not with Kaido's and Luffy's.My reasoning for the following could be explained from my descriptions of them above,but I think that Kaido should be rank S+ and Luffy should be rank A. In the rank A+,I would put people who are more efficient in using their abilities,like Sabo (and Ace formerly),Zoro (Yes),Inuarashi,Nekomamushi and top notch commanders like Jack.

Zeek likes this.
  8. Zeek

Luffy's Grappling Coach
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Thanks you three! So the current consensus would place it as

1. Kaido S+
    2. Shanks S+
    3. Teach S
    4, Big Mom S
    5. Luffy A (I agree with Yuuzume about the bump down in classification although I'll contend with you later in the rankings about the Zoro comment)

Yuuzume likes this.
  9. Behnam

The one who wants CHOIce
    Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I think you forgot something, actually one of the most important evidences we have right now.Before the time skip and when Blackbeard didn't posses the power of white beard.Shanks got hurt by Black beard .These are not my words though, Shanks himself said that.Also he mentioned that it wasn't because he was careless.
    I think that thing is enough to know BB much more powerful right now, since he also has the power of WB.

Yuuzume likes this.
  10. Yuuzume

Slayer Candidate
    Expand Collapse

Hahaha,yeah,if I were to 100% objective about it,it's arguable whether or not Zoro is at that level yet.Though he has the advantage of being the most "complete" fighter in the crew.His constant training allows his physical prowess to keep up with the power ups of his technique and haki.And with him training his technique too,he makes what he learns completely his own and uses them efficiently.He takes full advantage of the fact that his duty to the crew,is as a fighter,his occupation is swordsman after all.Luffy has that advantage as well,being the captain,but he doesn't take advantage for it.Of course,we like Luffy because he's like that,but it doesn't help him as a fighter.

Sorry for saying all that,I wasn't saying to justify Zoro being an A+ actually.I would definitely agree with him being rank A right now actually.But in my opinion,he's the one who's closest to rank A+ among the SH and probably somewhere in between rank A and A+.

Zeek likes this.
  11. Zeek

Luffy's Grappling Coach
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I think I understand where you're coming from. Luffy likely beats Zoro in a 1v1 but at the same time Zoro might be a better pick if we're lining up characters and picking teams!

Behnam and Yuuzume like this.
  12. Yuuzume

Slayer Candidate
    Expand Collapse

That is an extremely nice observation actually Behny,I liked this comment a lot.But I don't think we can reach that conclusion from that.The reason being Shank's and Teach's age.Shanks already had that scar when he saved Luffy from drowning as a kid (way back in the past).At that time,BB could have been part of WB's crew or even anywhere else actually,but he was older than Shanks and Shanks hadn';t reached the level he is now yet.And presumably he wasn't at the rank of Yonkou at that time,or even somewhere close to that.

Behnam likes this.
  13. Yuuzume

Slayer Candidate
    Expand Collapse

Well,I'm not 100% certain about the outcome of that fight,but yeah,that was my point.Zoro is a more well rounded fighter.In other words,if you made a bar chart measuring his abilities separately,the height of each bar would be roughly the same.And he doesn't have to mind compatibility,like Shanks.

14. Behnam

The one who wants CHOIce
    Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Maybe he wasn't at the level of a Yonko, but if he wasn't, why would he mention that to White beard? He wanted to refuse him and make him bring back Ace, so he needed to show him how much powerful teach is.But anyway even if we assume that Shanks wasn't a Yonko at that time, still we can't ignore that if Shanks can grow up and improve his skills, why BB can't? After the time skip it was obvious that he and his crew are looking for devil fruit users, and he is the one who could aim two devil fruits.I think it's obvious why he is doing that.You are a smart man and I think you can figure it out the reason.He can control more than two devil fruits.It's the only way we can explain those actions.
    The most important thing is that, As I said If shanks can improve, why BB can't? And it's like that if we assume he wasn't a yonko at that time.So it requires many things else to know.But if we just accept what we have seen until now.I think it's really clear and obvious that BB is more powerful. Than Shanks since we've seen nothing from him until now.

Yuuzume likes this.
  15. Yuuzume

Slayer Candidate
    Expand Collapse

The reason he said it was to get WB to stop Ace from pursuing BB.What he can understand from that,is that Shanks believed BB could be a threat to Ace,not so much to himself.And Ace may had been quite powerful,he wasn't at the level of a Yonkou then.And the reason I believe that Shanks wasn't at the Yonkou level then,is the fact that the bandit attacked him.Recall WB,normal civilians feared him as a monster,he was renown throughout the one piece world.If Shanks had been a Yonkou,I think even the bandit would know,and he certainly wouldn't have spilled a drink on him.Still though,we can';t actually know that,that's true.But we also don't know how BB made that scar on Shanks.Shanks may not have have let his guard down,but that doesn't mean he couldn't have been caught by surprise still.But really,the biggest reason,is that when we saw BB fight without DF abilities,he was weak.Like when Luffy knocked him down at Impel down,or when he couldn't finish off WB.If he was a fighter of Shank's level,he could most likely had been able to finish off an almost dead WB.

About BB having the capability of eating more than 2 fruits,that's still an ambiguous matter.I can definitely see the possibility of it,but BB's ability to eat a second DF has mostly being connected to his special body,not the Yami-Yami fruit.The reason he's still hunting DF users is to power up the whole crew,not just himself necessarily.Still though,like I said,this matter is still ambiguous.But another reason why I doubt that Teach has 3 devil fruits,is because he's an attention whore (pardon the language). If he had a third power,I very much doubt he'd hide it,he'd probably show it in the open.

About BB,powering up,he certainly can.And not only that,he already has powered up significantly.It's not that he simply took Wb's abilities,it's also noteworthy that he was already quite familiar with them from watching WB use them all those years.So when he stole them,he was already quite experienced in using them,allowing him to power up instantly and considerably.But after that,I can't really see him powering up.That's because I can neither picture him training or fighting powerful opponents to gain experience in fighting life or death battles.

Behnam likes this.
  16. Kevz

Yuuzume’s little brother
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Shouldn’t s+ be only exclusivey for pirate king

17. Storm chaser

Rock n' Roll
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Kaido
    Shanks
    Blackbeard
    Big Mom
    Luffy

Zeek, Admiral Ryokugyu and Yuuzume like this.
  18. Marco Polo

despacito
    Super Moderator YouTube Team
    Expand Collapse

Shanks
    Akainu
    Kaido
    Blackbeard & Dragon
    Big Mom
    Admirals
    Luffy

Zeek, Juggy and Storm chaser like this.
  19. Behnam

The one who wants CHOIce
    Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Remember the moment when WhiteBeard said he and all of them were surprised when they figured it out that Shanks has lost his arm in East blue.So he must be powerful at that time too.I can say it can't prove if he was a Yonko at that time, but it's a great prove to make that possibility higher.It's not gonna be easy to ignore all of those evidences that are clear in the story to say he wasn't a Yonko.But I can agree on your point.I mean I was thinking about that too.The bandits I mean.If Shanks was a Yonko, I guess they must knew about him and his place.Also there is another possibility that they are bandits and they live in the mountain.So we must not expect them to follow the newspapers.Though it's another possibility to discuss about.

Ok we've got 2 possibilities about that power:
    1. It's because of his body, only because Marco mentioned that.
    2. It's because of his fruit, his fruit has the ability to observe everything, even the Devil fruit user's abilities.
    I think it's really clear.I mean which do you think is more reasonable? Only because of his body? Or he can absorb other devil fruits as he can absorb everything with his Yam Yami fruit.I guess it's really obvious about him.The only reasonable and acceptable argument is the second one.He can control more than one devil fruit, and also he has the Yami Yami.So I don't think it's that much hard to say it's coming from his devil fruit.The ability of absorbing everything with his fruit.It's an obvious relation between his fruit and why he can control more than one devil fruit.But still you may ask "So why he is the only person who could do it in the history? weren't there more Yami Yami no Mi users?". I guess that's when his body comes in.But I'm not quite sure about it for now.
    Also I can't close my eyes and ignore all of his fruit's abilities and say "Yeah it's coming from his body." I think I explained enough about it.

I'm talking from myself, BlackBeard himself said that he needs to get used to that power.And also I don't think you can make a limit for anyone's power, with saying that he had seen it already.I mean doing something is totally different with watching something.It's like you say I see football on TV and yeah I'm a pro player right now.Sorry it's not reasonable at all.Saying that "The blackbeard is at his limits and his skills won't improve at all" is not acceptable for me, since he showed to us that he has much more potentials with using his fruit.

Also I need to mention something else too.In the fight between Ace and him, he got attacked too.He was struggling on the ground and aching all over.Also I think we know that it's coming from his fruit.He can absorb anything.And it includes the physical damages too.So a normal attack against him will hurt him much more.That was true when he was fighting with Luffy in Impel down.So I don't think it means he is not powerful in total.It's all that his devil fruit has some weaknesses.

But from all of those things, the most important evidence we have right now is that scar.I can't count on anything else right now.
    Also I agree with you that BlackBeard really was weak against Magelan and WhieBeatd, and Shanks could easily fight with Whitebeard even when he wasn't going to die and he wasn't at this last breaths.Actually I have no answer for them and I think you are right about it.But at the same time as you see, there are somethings that are saying the opposite thing and it's hard to deny them, like that scar on Shanks face or the ability to control more than 2 devil fruits.

I need to mention this too, everything we're discussing right now is something really ambiguous, as you mentioned.But still it was good to talk with you.I mean now I'm not sure if BB is really more powerful than Shanks.But for now when I think again I can see somethings about Shanks powers.

I think it's gonna be more personal.But maybe that's because I'm wrong here.As I can see most of people voted for Shanks. @Storm chaser , @Marco Polo , you and @Admiral Ryokugyu .And even @Zeek knew him more powerful than Kaido.I think I'm the only one here who thinks like that.

Storm chaser and Yuuzume like this.
  20. Yuuzume

Slayer Candidate
    Expand Collapse

When WB said they were surprised about the arm,they were wondering which enemy he lost it to in general.It didn't have anything to do with BB.As for Shanks' level at the time with the bandit,nothing can be said for certain indeed,but I was actually saying that to justify BB being somewhat strong.I mean if Shanks wasn't too strong then,then perhaps BB could have somehow dealt that scar to him in a relatively fair fight.But if Shanks was at Yonkou level then,like you say,I just can't picture BB scarring him like that.Even when he wanted to steal the darkness fruit from Thatch,who was weaker than Shanks,he caught him by surprise to do it.So BB scarring Shanks indicates foul play in my eyes.

In the end,you're coming around to Teach's special body to explain the fact that he can wield two DFs.And it's logical,because if his special body wasn't the reason for it,why would Marco mention it during the war of the best.Personally,I think Teach's special body being responsible for him having 2 DFs is more logical.If we attribute it to the darkness fruit,then Teach having a special body becomes meaningless (at least for now,perhaps it'd be relevant later on) and the darkness fruit would be considered almost all powerful.I actually think that the darkness fruit being the reason why Teach can steal DF makes it very powerful already.Because if he hadn't gotten the darkness fruit,he would have to eat two DFs separately and he wouldn't be able to create a crew full of DF users,like he can now.

I completely agree with the fact that he can grow in using his DF.In fact,not only did I not limit him there,I also said that he one of the people who could grow the most in using that particular devil fruit.Because he's the only one in WB's crew who didn't see WB as his "old man". He saw WB as the person wielding the power he wanted to steal,after getting the darkness fruit.So yeah,I definitely agree that he grow in that regard,but I don't picture anything after that,is what I was saying.I can't picture him using high level of haki or displaying a high level mastery of it,and I can't picture him using refined technique.The one thing that BB wanted,and got,is raw power.The only reason I'm regarding his battle ability even higher than Big Mom's,is because that raw power is (unfortunately) quite considerable.

His darkness fruit doesn't amplify the pain he receives (if I'm mistaken),it just doesn't allow him to dodge attacks like all the other Logia fruit users.So his fruit can be said to have a weakness when compared to other Logia users,but it doesn't really have any weaknesses when you compare to all the other devil fruits.In the fights against Ace and Magellan,they hurt like they normally would to any other person.I mean,one threw fire lances at him and the other bathed him in lethal poison,that's more than enough to knock down a normal man.

Generally,if you take his DF powers away from him,I can only see him as weak.In Zeek's ranking,I would see him as a B at best.And that would only be cause of his many years as a pirate and part of WB's crew.And I'm saying this based on the times we've seen him fight without his DF powers.However,if you include his DF powers,then he is (unfortunately) one of the strongest devil fruit users in the entire one piece world,making him a relatively solid rank S.

Behnam likes this.