1. Check out our latest video "One Piece Discussion: Wano Hype!" and discuss it with us!
  2. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

One Piece Movie: Blackbeard

Discussion in 'One Piece Theories' started by Seiryu, Aug 30, 2018.

1. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

So for those that did not get to watch the upcoming movie hype, I would say it is well worth it to watch the ending theme/movie hype from the recent Episode of Skypiea special (people posted links to watch in the anime thread).

The most important thing is that Oda is a stickler for chronological events in the timeline, which is why the movies and TV specials have been chronological as well. So why do we suddenly skip way ahead to Ace vs. Blackbeard?
    1.png 2.png 3.png
    The most likely reason is that there is a need for this scene. Obviously it will not be used in the weekly anime airings. Since a jump to an "Episode of Ace" special is unlikely, the most likely explanation is the upcoming movie for the summer of 2019. 4.png
    The above text is: A continuation of "SW" "Z" "Gold" (films Strong World, Z, and Gold). The movie quality animation and artwork of the fight, despite being only a few seconds, was absolutely breathtaking. But, if we get an entire movie, that would truly top all other movies Oda has worked on.

I'm thinking that the manga (especially now that Oda is condensing it by 1-2 years) no longer has the chapters to have adequate character development of the 9 Blackbeard executives (the original members and the Level 6 additions). This upcoming movie will be designed to provide the backstories and necessary character development for the eventual war against Blackbeard.

The big thing is that the wars against Big Mom and Shanks should both be relatively short arcs since Oda already established the foundation for both already (so he can jump straight to the main action vs. having to build up the plot). So even though Wano Kuni will only take about a year at this pace, it would be too late to have the Blackbeard movie in 2020.

A perfect opening is to give the history of Ace's search, the above fight, and probably a bit of Marineford (probably Ace's death and Blackbeard's moment of glory). Oda probably has great ideas on how each of the Blackbeard executives rose to power (even the original members were among high level powerhouses at Jaya; the sniper guy taking out a seagull from miles). There naturally will be action, but Oda always creates legit drama and stories. Considering all 9 members have to be covered, the movie would be non-stop goodness.

A perfect ending would be a teaser of Blackbeard saying his preparations are finally finished and he is targeting Luffy. It is Oda's style to keep things completely ambiguous, so we will likely see nothing of the ability hunt's results, but that won't matter at all.

2. Kia

Kia
    I resemble that remark
    Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

Thank you for sharing. I can’t wait to see if this happens. I think I’ll go check out those links now...

Edited because I didn’t realize this was in theories and was all bouncy gushing about how thrilled I was to receive the news. *blush*

Seiryu likes this.
  3. Storm chaser

Rock n' Roll
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Wow, this is news to me. Awsome thanks for sharing this :robin:

Seiryu likes this.
  4. Admiral Ryokugyu

f(b/{gj/mj|{
    Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

There is also a third possibility: an anime adaptation of Ace novel is coming. It could be the 2019 movie or some high quality short anime dedicated to Ace.

I'll honestly be too disappointed if the 2019 movie is about Ace. Ace died, we gotta move on with the plot. We still got plenty of characters to know about and plenty of mysteries to be solved. Ace already got his novels, that's more than enough.

I'd love the movie to be either about Rox or about Roger Pirates.

Chill024 and Seiryu like this.
  5. KKG

KKG
    If you support watermarks i hate you
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

They could show Ace getting his ass kicked by Teach,people love to see it.
    Green Dragon,i will just ask you this:
    Could this be another contribution for One Piece anime to last more than 10 years?

Seiryu likes this.
  6. Finalbeta

Expand Collapse

I hope this will happen. Hype.

Seiryu likes this.
  7. Ok990

Expand Collapse

I lit am almost sure we never saw full bb vs ace fight.I believe ace attack beated the bb attack but his crew interfeared and caught ace off guard.This would put ace level higher xuz making jim lose with pre ts bb is....I believe in this movie oda will show us the full fight of those two.

Seiryu likes this.
  8. KKG

KKG
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I don't think that.
    Yami can absorv every DF powers,Ace used no haki,just a huge ball of fire so Teach defeated him alone for sure and he even said to his crew "Stay still,you have no chance against him"

Ok990 likes this.
  9. Edinbour

The Red King
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I'd love it, especially getting some backstories of Blackbeards' Crew. Ever since Jaya I've wanted to know about them (since we know so little)
    I've especially been curious as to Van Augur's backstory. He always seemed like he'd have a good one. Don't know why, just how I feel :P

Seiryu likes this.
  10. Fanboy_213

Expand Collapse

I would just like a possible movie of Black Beard as a teenager and growing up. The main reason is because possibly some event causes Black Beard to be evil and like cherry pies. Also the end to the Ace Vs BB fight, I believe that Ace won but BB's crew interfered and took care of Ace.

Seiryu likes this.
  11. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

Yup, it could be an anime adaptation, but that was definitely movie quality. Even major scenes in the anime rarely get that much money pumped into it, so I would have a hard time leaning that way.

As for Rocks/Locks, I would assume that gets its own (probably small) segment in the main plot. I would assume we get similar historical flashbacks once the crew gets closer to Raftel/discovering the true history.

But just to clarify, I'm thinking the movie is about Blackbeard and building the story behind each executive. The war against Blackbeard would be way too long to include the normal character development for each baddie (9x longer since Oda only has to build up one main antagonist per arc). Time restrictions is why this seems likely to me.
    Not sure if this was directed my way, but I doubt the anime lasts too long once the manga concludes. I like their approach of just creating pseudo filler to minimize filler arcs. Plus, if Oda stays on his current trend, 1:1 ratio of manga chapter to anime episode would be exciting with so much content per chapter.
    They all seem interesting, but gotta agree on the sniper. He definitely stands out since he has an air of nobility to him.

Welcome to the forum @Fanboy_213!

12. KKG

KKG
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Green Dragon,One Piece has already been found and this treasure carried Luffy in a Marine ship to Impel Down,prevent Smoker from arresting him and helped him against Pacifistas.
    This treasure put itself at risk of becoming an enemy of the WG to Help Luffy.
    What the hell is Luffy still doing in the New World?
    I don't understand:laughing:

13. Admiral Ryokugyu

f(b/{gj/mj|{
    Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

who the hell is Green Dragon

Grin likes this.
  14. KKG

KKG
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

@Seiryu

15. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

Technically the kanji I use are kind of weird: 勢(sei: military strength) 龍 (ryu: dragon).
    But this entire post I don't understand...Roger found One Piece, but could not execute the means of freeing the entire world from the evil Government. The most logical explanation is that Roger's terminal illness is what prevented this since he was already strong enough and had the connections with other strong allies (prime Whitebeard if not others).

Luffy has to discover the truth of Rio Poneglyph for himself, and then fulfill the Joy Boy promise/free the world from the Government. How all of this relates to the original theory has me confused...

16. KKG

KKG
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

This means One Piece isn't a treasure,they will find no gold there,Nami will be pissed.
    Don't get confused,buddy.
    It's a huge secret that can bring the WG down,i'm sure of it because if it was just gold and bellies the WG wouldn't even care about some pirates hunting a chest of gold.
    But honestly saying i don't see real justice in this anime at all,Luffy can barely beat his enemies who do the most cruel shit and sending them to prison is unfair,they should die.
    I don't believe Akainu can die even at the end of the anime though i think his way of life can only give him that destiny.
    Who cares about the world enslaving people in OP?
    The Straw Hats,and noboby gives them value for that,and those who support them can't do nothing for them.
    I see this WG and the Navy as invincible,and now you have the Yonkos and supernovas clashing with the balance of power 100% to the Yonkos.
    Luffy will never be at Admiral level or Yonko level to be able to shake the world,his power is not enough.
    Either Oda uses massive plot armor with a weak mc or sudenly gives him One Punch Man power up.
    Luffy failed as the mc and he can never be the PK.
    Oda has no convincing way of ending his story without major issues so he should just give up,grow up and put Luffy with the Pirate Empress.
    Another crew can find that thing.
    It would be better to kill the plot than having the plot going like this.

17. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

Oda does. He built the entire series around morals. I've always said that Oda does a better job at parenting through One Piece that a great majority of people in the U.S. (I can't speak for other countries other than the U.S. and Japan).
    I feel like we had this conversation before. You will get the result you desire in about 1 year. The most amazing part is that it will not be some B.S. deus ex machina power-up like all other shounen manga. I can understand the frustration over Luffy's inability to live up to his big talk, but a story without hardships to overcome is boring to most people. Plus, all of this goes back to the morals. The stereotypical kid/teenager/millennial gives up when they face daunting adversity. Thankfully nothing should come close to real life or death, but Oda is correct in emphasizing the mindset of to hell with the challenge and do one's best or die trying.

As long as you follow to the end of the Wano Kuni arc, you will have to change this perspective. Unless you felt like haki, Gear Second, or even the fight against Crocodile was a dues ex machina power-up, Oda will completely surprise you. Oda has, and always will have a rational explanation for the plot (excluding WCI's B.S. changes). 19.5/20 years is one hell of a batting average (should be 20/20 years if not for Oda's petty pride), so doubting that is uninformed in my eyes.

18. KKG

KKG
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Thanks,buddy.
    This is what i'm talking about and in one year it's impossible to get a serious development going like this.
    In his story at his own way of progressing it,this will allways drag with Luffy getting mauled by every enemies,be protected by plot armor to stay alive and wait years to see him with a decent power up,this in my opinion even in minority is boring.
    And this animation doesn't help.
    For the expressions he does and for the way the talks i would expect to see a Luffy 10 times stronger than this.
    And things can only get worse when he has to please the low age fans,in his fight to balance the anime between the adult/childish the childish is getting dominant here,it's good for kids to see an island build of cakes but for the older fans...
    He can't find a balance for this.
    What happened to an anime that made people cry with awesome dramatic scenes like Robin in Enies Lobby?
    And if i look at Luffy at that time and at this time can i really say he improved?
    Hell no.

19. Kia

Kia
    I resemble that remark
    Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

Please be clear that you’re speaking for yourself. As an older fan, I can say that I had no problems looking at an island full of cakes(or chocolate)—it’s a make believe world run by a woman that was introduced to us as a glutton that lived on WHOLE CAKE ISLAND. We knew what it was going to be before we got there, or we should have expected it to be food oriented. It was visually compelling and it appealed to the sweet tooth and childish glutton inside certain people (Luffy, Chopper, Carrot) on the protagonist side as well. There’s more to a medium than just battles and T&A, as much as I like them both. That One Piece also has a good handle on being whimsical is one of its selling points, IMO.

20. KKG

KKG
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Yes,i can say i'm speaking for myself and that's why i said this in my opinion even in minority.
    If people want to hate me they have the right to do it since it's an anime they watch or read and they like.
    And in minority i can say too in a shounen anime battles are very important to the main characters because when they learn how to win they evolve like pokemon do when we train them,and nobody trains 2 years in some island with huge ferocious gorillas,lions and crocodiles to be beaten by flamingos,biscuits,keg belly guys,sharp teeth tall creatures and a whale using high heels.
    One day this anime will end and i will want to read your opinions about it.
    As for me,i'm getting to old for this:laughing:

Seiryu likes this.