1. Check out our latest video "One Piece Discussion: Wano Hype!" and discuss it with us!
  2. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

One Piece Special: Episode of Skypiea + Movie Hype

Discussion in 'One Piece Anime' started by Seiryu, Aug 28, 2018.

1. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

2. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

Hopefully someone didn't make a thread on the movie hype/limited preview yet, but we are spoiled that it looks like Oda is going to continue his direct contribution to the movies. We literally don't get to see much, but those few seconds got my excited for the summer release (a year and a half for the digital release...).

I am kind of confused at the ending though. One Piece hasn't really done it, but I've seen other anime series animate the performing artist for their opening/closing theme. So I assume the brunette is the singer and not something related to the movie.

As for the episode itself, I browsed through to watch the main points (they had to change the story to fit the time slot, so the fights against the priests change a little to a lot). I'm glad they dedicated most of the time to the final fight (especially Enel's WTF?! face; updated memes for the movie quality animation/artwork).

Gomu Gomu no Hanabi (the attack to break up the death-ball of storm clouds) seemed better in the anime, but was probably a time issue. Either way, the ending and all the emotional aspects were perfectly handled. Perfect for the anime-only fans in Japan to catch-up.

3. Johannes

Expand Collapse

I was going to make a thread about this after I watch it (but here we are :smile:) I've already downloaded the video and gonna watch it later after I'm done playing One Piece Online 2 game!

4. gboxrkw

Expand Collapse

Am getting this error "Sorry, this video is not available in your region due to licensing restrictions."
    Might be because am from India, anyone who can provide a link where i can see the video

5. Johannes

Expand Collapse

Thank me later!

Anime Link!

Seiryu likes this.
  6. Johannes

Expand Collapse

#6 Johannes, Aug 28, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2018
    Well that was very refreshing! The feels on the flashback on what the Doctor said to Mousse along with Calgara and the Shandians reaction. Hope to see more Special Episodes to come.

I was also wondering if its a new character on the ending! Just like what @Seiryu said probably the singer getting animated.

The Priceless Reaction Of Enel!​

Attached Files: