1. Check out our latest video "One Piece Discussion: Wano Hype!" and discuss it with us!
  2. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

One Piece Stampede - 14th Movie (9th August,2019)

Discussion in 'One Piece Anime' started by Vizard, Dec 11, 2018.

1. mysticalflute

Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

Mmm, I wouldn't say there's no point in some of those early characters to make an appearance. The plot of the movie revolves around the One Piece treasure or something, right? Why wouldn't most pirates want to attend?

2. Cytheria

Expand Collapse

Hey, i think that August 9th is the japanese release date (or maybe i am wrong) so anyone knows when it will go out to the rest of the world ??

I mean that if anyone knows when we will get an english subbed version of it.

3. Admiral Ryokugyu

New Marineford
    Busoshoku Haki Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

#123 Admiral Ryokugyu, Aug 3, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2019
    The countries confirmed so far:

- Japan: August 9th
    - Hong Kong: August 22nd
    - Singapore: September 12th
    - Portugal: September 26th
    - Spain: October 18th
    - Italy: October 24th
    - Malaysia confirmed
    - Indonesia confirmed
    - Philippines confirmed

Seiryu likes this.
  4. Dreamer

I'm more like a stone than a snowflake
    Busoshoku Haki Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

I wonder if it will be something about the Void Century or just about One Piece? I'm even more curious now :).

5. Admiral Ryokugyu

New Marineford
    Expand Collapse

6. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

Per Oda's rationale on how the death of one's dream>>>physically dying, they should have lost their motivation. People like Croc and Lucci are driven by revenge (so seeing how Oda keeps the Yonkou from becoming a plot hole is key soon), but they are kept around since they still have a future role to play.

Plus, most people aren't "stupid" enough to dream of becoming Pirate King. Most people know they don't stand a chance against a Yonkou. All of these people can't even damage a Yonkou-exec level fighter.
    I'll address the worst-case scenario aspect. If you don't get a confirmed screening in your country, it takes around half a year once the movie showings stop in Japan (8ish months from now) for a raw to come out (when the blu-ray release comes out). With the long script, it probably will take a week or so for a dub to come out.

7. Admiral Ryokugyu

New Marineford
    Expand Collapse

One Piece Stampede officially starts airing in Japan.

Eiichiro Oda's message:

" People around me do not stop, ' you want us to watch it soon don't you ? ', 'I can't wait for its release!' , ok, i got it, i got it. OF COURSE I CAN'T WAIT !! It's just awesome ! We made such a great movie !! This piece celebrates the anime's 20th Anniversary. So many things happened in 20 years, openly and backstage. It's precisely because of that that we were able to do such an all-star movie. Everyone is here ! An incredible fight is about to start !!! We are so excited !!! Here's what the producer and the director had to say ' we made a real celebration movie for the fans '. Indeed. Really. A once every 20 years massive pirates fest !! ONE PIECE STAMPEDE, look forward to it !! "

Dreamer likes this.
  8. Admiral Ryokugyu

New Marineford
    Expand Collapse

#128 Admiral Ryokugyu, Aug 9, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2019
    The following must be taken with a grain of salt until further notice.

Stampede started airing today. A report claims that the romanized name of Raftel changed due to Stampede. Just like Mariejois ended up being Mary Geoise, Raftel is actually Laugh Tale.

I repeat, take this with a grain of salt until further notice.

EDIT: a trustworthy source ( Greg ) confirms this. He says it's definitely Laughtale or Laugh Tale.

Dreamer likes this.
  9. mysticalflute

Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

haha, haha, haha, haha.

[​IMG]

Seiryu likes this.
  10. Admiral Ryokugyu

New Marineford
    Expand Collapse

i don't post bullshit. I come across dozens of One Piece news everyday and only post the ones from trustworthy sources. When the source is not trusted then i mention it.

What i said about Laugh Tale was later confirmed by Greg, a One Piece journalist ( official OP website ) and former V-Jump writer ( a magazine published by Shueisha ). He's followed by the official One Piece twitter page itself and he's a friend of Oda's editors.

so i don't see how that's dumb. Or did you mean that the name Laugh Tale is dumb ?

11. mysticalflute

Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

That wasn't a swipe at you. I know you don't post bullshit.

The name is dumb. Laugh Tale? Seriously?

12. Admiral Ryokugyu

New Marineford
    Expand Collapse

yeah sounds weird, but it's not Oda's fault. Oda borrows words from foreign languages and uses their romanized names. We can't know the correct spelling until it gets revealed in the manga with the roman letters in the background, as he did with Mary Geoise. For example if Oda writes Mary Geoise in japanese then there's no way to figure out that it's actually Mary Geoise. Same thing for Raftel. These are names taken from foreign languages, so all he can do is write their pronunciation in japanese, as a result Laugh Tale becomes Rafuteru thus we thought it's Raftel. Mary Geoise becomes Mariejoa thus we thought it's Mariejoie.

13. ckimbrew

Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Has anyone seen the movie yet?

14. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

Being fluent enough in Japanese, I know that Japan goes out of their way to respect other languages. Anything in romaji is specifically chosen to be as close to the native pronunciation even if it seems spelled wrong or any other deviation. I don't know the technical word (there probably is one), but there is a period icon to differentiate different words. "Mary Geoise" is a recent change. There is no period in between. Exact same thing for Laugh Tale. Oda's introducing changes. There is no way around this fact. The romaji are going to be the exact same characters, but Oda is only adding in the creation of two separate words now (a few months ago for the Reverie and even that was changed too).

This is not used 100% of the time, but it is used to introduce as a means of clarifying the deviation of words (that kanji normally does). The series name for example, but that's something everyone knows since one piece is most commonly associated with a 1-piece bathing suit in Japan (maybe equal with the current popularity of the series).

15. Admiral Ryokugyu

New Marineford
    Expand Collapse

Oh okay

yeah he might be introducing changes. As someone who speaks fluent french, i was surprised when Mariejois became Mary Geoise. Mary Geoise was taken from the word " bourgeoise " and the word geoise itself makes no sense. Oda was heavily inspired by Paris to draw the Holy Land, so why use the word " Mary " ? Marie is the way to go. Also, why forsake the french word Reverie and use Levely ? It's a french themed place, so keeping the french words would be ideal.

( Oda's sister is married to a french man, so that's why i think he came up with those french words in the beginning )

Anyway, i trust Oda a lot. The changes are definitely for the better.

Seiryu likes this.
  16. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

I like your optimism and I hope Oda can follow through with it. All of the original spellings made the most sense. I think Reverie came up in something official previously, but I have zero French background. Time will tell on how well it fits in the end. "Laugh Tale" almost directly contradicts Oda's original statements back in the early SBS on One Piece being a true materialistic treasure (on top of the potential other aspects).

I have minimal info on the spat between Oda and ?Mashima? (the Fairy Tale mangaka), but that's the immediate secondary aspect that popped to mind. I'm going to openly talk about it, but this "Laugh Tale" implies Oda is changing the "true ending" of the series. Oda has never needed to rely on stereotypical/overused plot devices. All of this being legit has me worried worse than WCI B.S. now. Thankfully, this is 5-6 years away so at least things are still looking astronomically better with the faster pacing.

mysticalflute likes this.
  17. Admiral Ryokugyu

New Marineford
    Expand Collapse

Can you clarify ? How does the name of that island contradict with the One Piece being a materialistic treasure ?

Personally I'm already convinced that the One Piece isn't really located in Raftel, it actually consists of destroying that part of the Red Line so that the 4 seas become one and the All Blue appears. It makes a lot of sense. I hope Oda destroys this famous theory as he did for the majority of my theories.

Mashima has been accused for a long time of copying One Piece.

why ?

I just read somewhere that the word Laugh Tale connects with many other aspects, like the SMILE fruits, the D being a smile symbol, D. members smiling before their death ...

Imu, Rox, Empty Throne, ... I feel like we're only seeing the tip of the iceberg right now, there's some huge lore and background still hidden by Oda. He keeps the important stuff until the end so as to bait theorists.

( just like he'll make the Fire Festival plan fail )

Dreamer likes this.
  18. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

It still can be, but as the new name directly implies, the importance is now on a pleasurable journey vs. the literal kanji/Japanese definition of the great treasure that connects everything. With the change, Oda is implying the final island is more about enjoying the process. The other name changes seem minor and probably don't have any affects on the plot.

Where and what One Piece is can still be anything. I would lean towards what you say since we already know the Ancient Kingdom had the technology to destroy the Red Line (they made art out of it, so the ability to finely carve out from the Red Line is there, which should be harder than just blowing it up). Pluton probably has such capabilities and we know there is a Pluton hidden in Alabasta someplace.
    I would not put SMILE in the same category since I doubt it has any direct ties to the Ancient Kingdom (the only ties to that is the Kouzuki family/poneglyph artisans => this was lost with Oden so that's almost a dead end). I will agree that the will of the D. and the stereotypical D. smile could be the main factor behind this change. Of course I think there is a creative way to connect all of it in the usual Oda fashion. Considering most of the plot points literally took years of discussion to finalize, I am going to question last minute changes based on how terribly WCI B.S. went.

Since you were taking Oda at his word earlier, I won't talk about the "real ending" unless you want to, but the above part on Laugh Tale vs. the kanji translation of One Piece is the reasoning for the "why?" aspect.
    Rock/Lock/whatever is the biggest X-factor since this potentially is someone above Yonkou level (and how they did or did not act as a nemesis/rival to Roger will be key). Maybe they were in power before Roger's time (Big Mom and Kaidou were already independent for over a decade). Either way, stuff like Imu/Imu's throne/mystery mugiwara-boushi/all Tenryuubito stuff isn't that relevant battle-wise since they aren't powerhouses. Of course they are relevant plot-wise, but all of these are to fill in the gaps on how and why the Ancient Kingdom met its end.

The plan is completely dependent on when Oda has Luffy learn how to unlock his awakening. We have an excess number of allies, so a failed attempt is fine since they have the numbers to launch a second and maybe even third invasion. Either way, this is all completely open, but at least the outline to keep it all connected is already in place.