1. Check out our latest video "One Piece Discussion: Wano Hype!" and discuss it with us!
  2. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

One Piece Theory : Gekko Moriah and the national treasure

Discussion in 'One Piece Theories' started by abdnbi, Jun 26, 2018.

?

what do you think ?

1. yes

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. no

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. abdnbi

Expand Collapse

In chapter 906 we are introduced to what seems to be the "National Treasure" that Doffy has referenced in the past and this chapter itself. What we are to understand from the panel is very vague however. We see a "special" Celestial Dragon (CD) who is not wearing the traditional bubble helmet and suit, holding two wanted posters, we see Luffy's new one, but the other is not shown. This CD enters a large vault freezer and approaches one of sevenish corridors, and inside we see a large straw hat and potentially a coffin/sarcophagus. The hat is much like Luffy's but is much larger and seems to rest on top of this coffin, almost in memorial.

[​IMG]

What I want to talk about is what in the past hints at the possibility of a "National Treasure" being the preserved body of a powerful and influential person in the story. I was watching Tekking101's video review on Chapter 906 and he happened to mention Moriah in an off hand manner. However when I heard that something clicked. I was reminded of what happened at Marineford.

[​IMG]

Moriah, as a warlord, was in attendance for the Whitebeard war, but was ambushed and attacked by Dofflamingo. Doflamingo at first insulted Moriah by saying he was too weak to be a Warlord. Doffy then goes on to say "Died at Marineford?" "Sounds a lot better than assassinated by the World Government" Moriah snaps back at Doffy asking who ordered his death. He asks if Sengoku ordered it. Doffy responds "No, (pointing upwards), someone above him." As if to say that the ones who ordered it and had special interest in Moriah, were the Celestial Dragons themselves.

BOOM! Bombshell, I swear. So The Celestial Dragons, keepers of the CORPSE that is the national treasure, ordered Doffy (someone who is aware of the national treasure/ former CD) to kill the person who is capable of resurrecting that corpse or affecting it in anyway. And we are aware that Moriah was at the war in pursuit of powerful bodies. Maybe Moriah knew of the NT and joined the ranks of shichibukai just so one day he could get the NT Corpse. So in a way similar to Blackbeard and his manipulative plans. It seemed like Moriah was more surprised that maybe the CD had caught on to him. But Idk, maybe Im pulling at straws at this point. But...

[​IMG][/URL

There seems to be so much evidence for this. The coffin, the freezer/vault, Doffy referencing that the power "rots" in Ch. 906, Moriah's powers, Doffy's relationship to the WG, their fight, and who ordered the assassination. All this confirms for me that whatever the National Treasure is it must be a body of some kind. I mean why else was Moriah being targeted by the WG?

[​IMG]

Edit: I just remembered the talk Doflamingo had with a WG memeber about what happened to Moriah. Doffy specifically states that he did not know the Kage Kage no mi could make him vanish, this would hint that Doffy had a scouting profile and Moriahs devil fruit was sort of a point of concern. Then Doffys says "He was almost dead, maybe he zombified himself." I mean SO MANY HINTS

Let me know what y'all think. I truly believe there is something here.

All edits: Small grammar errors and extension of evidence list. "rots, freezer"

Seiryu, All Anime and Tony like this.
  2. Glaze D. Bacon

Light it up.
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Interesting theory. I was thinking that freezer could actually be where they placed the body of Roger after he died (perhaps he’s still alive and in a state of suspended animation?!). However, I don’t think any of the Warlords know about the National Treasure except Doflamingo, since he had World Noble roots. So I assume that when Moria asked him about the person who wanted him killed (Sengoku), Doflamingo said “someone above him” in reference to himself as having holier blood and status as a Noble. And this is just a wild guess, but since Moria suddenly vanished, that could’ve been the work of Absalom, who had come to rescue him. Who knows how he got to Marineford, though.

Also, that “special Celestial Dragon” is actually Imu, the secret ruler of the World Government and the world to boot.

3. All Anime

Give Justice to Sanji San not raid suit.
    Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

This theory is interesting and makes a lot of sense, and their cannot be another possible answer to why someone above sengoku would want moriah to die (at least as of now). I also like the theory of absolom awakening his haki and can use it to make others disappear aswell (but its hard to believe he learned to awaken his fruit at the time of the great war). As to how the one piece story is building up i.e a lot of immortality references its possible that moriah's devil fruit will be responsible or could be responsible for possible threat. I also like to think it was moriah devil fruit the gorosie were after but I cannot explain to why they would give that job to doffy and not cp0.

4. BooSheyt

Expand Collapse

I believe that Moriah was being targeted or rather WG wanted him to be killed at Marineford was becuase of his loss to Luffy. He degraded the Title of the Warlords because he's not really that strong and not much influential.

But, I am rest assured that Gecko Moriah will show up again in the story line.

5. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

Although it is true that the Government wanted Moria to "disappear" for not holding up the title of Shichibukai, I actually completely agree that there could have been ulterior motives. If the "treasure" is a dead corpse, Moria is a direct threat to the Government's existence. Once he was no longer useful, all the more reason to get rid of him and the potential threat. This is exactly why Imu has the pictures of Luffy, Blackbeard, Vivi, and Shirahoshi (key players in the Joy Boy prophecy).