1. As a final farewell gift to our beloved creator, we're planning to make a "thank you" video. If you'd like to be involved, you can read more here.
  2. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

One Piece User OPF League

Discussion in 'Suggestions, Feedback & Support' started by Krazy, Oct 10, 2019.

?

OPF LEAGUE?

1. Yes

3 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Krazy

DR. TEDDY
    Event Host Navigator
    Expand Collapse

ONE PIECE USER OPF LEAGUE

Hey folks, how is it going? I'm just around here to ask for your opinions on this small idea I had. Everyone heard about the One Piece User Tournament till now and this idea would just be the battles without any quizzes,anything you can think of that is missing in character building skills, perks etc. please go ahead and tell me.

How would it work?
    You'd receive 120 points at the start to create your character and would start with 0 BP ( Battle Points). For each win you'd receive 20 BP, losing would lose you 15 BP and draw would get both of you 5 BP.
    After each battle you'd receive 10 character points and 5 stat points by winning the fight and 5 character points and 5 stat points by losing the fight.

You start with 3 characters, meaning you'd need to create them at the beginning. Of course, you receive 3x 120 character points and can't use the points for only one character.

Each character would have his own RANKING in the LEAGUE. And per League are 8 places allowed, meaning the last and the first place would eventually have to fight to RANK UP/DOWN.

You'd have to do one or two fights on weekened, depending on how we all decide.

OPF RANKING:

OPF LEAGUE MASTER - 800 BP +
    OPF LEAGUE A - 600 BP
    OPF LEAGUE B - 400 BP
    OPF LEAGUE C - 200 BP
    OPF LEAGUE D - 0 BP

WIN = 20 BP
    LOSE = - 15 BP
    DRAW = 5 BP

Anyways,this was my 10min work pause idea, so tell me what do you think. Of course, we'd ocassionaly do One Piece User Tournament, after all it's comparable to World Championship. So tell me what do you think?

Kia and Marco Polo like this.
  2. Marco Polo

「DREAM STATE」
    Administrator Member of the Year 2018
    Expand Collapse

I think this is a really interesting idea, actually.

Can people join/leave whenever they want?

3. Krazy

DR. TEDDY
    Event Host Navigator
    Expand Collapse

Well, yeah. You can take the pause if you need to, you won't rank up/down. Thought if inactive for a few weeks, you'd naturally automatically lose some points.

You'd also battle only the people assigned to your league.

Marco Polo likes this.
  4. Grin

Keymaster
    Member of the Year 2016 Shichibukai
    Expand Collapse

Alright, here goes:

Why do you need 3 characters? Will your characters die, or something?

Per character?

So the point of the ranking is to keep people fighting against people with similar amount of stats and skills, right? At some point, the more active users will only ever fight against themselves, and someone joining in late might have no opponents at all if there's no other new players to join them.

It'd be nice to have a constant User Tournament, I greatly enjoy playing it myself. And if you'd approve it, I could work as a judge too sometimes so you can play it yourself.

I'd love to see the dials as purchasable items. Maybe weapons that have eaten DFs, too. Pop Greens! Or should "Usopp style" just become a fighting style of its own?

Maybe extend the options for the Cyborg upgrade for humans. It seems hardly worth it right now, and humans could use a little buff to make them more desirable. Of course there's no reason other races couldn't get cyborg limbs, but whatever.

Kia likes this.
  5. Kia

Kia
    *content could be coherent*
    Captain
    Expand Collapse

Maybe both options?

I was totally wondering about dials and weather eggs as being available weapons, TBH. I wanted them but didn’t know if they were available as regular items for free or not. It did say “any available weapon” so I wasn’t sure and didn’t wanna push it. ^_^

That would be nifty. Especially making it so the moderator/coordinator rotates to allow for more inclusiveness of participants. ^_^

6. Grin

Keymaster
    Member of the Year 2016 Shichibukai
    Expand Collapse

Well, which fighting style would an Impact Dial be a weapon for? Brawler, I guess? Also, weather eggs are part of the Art of Weather fighting style I imagine. No weapon is granted an innate ability as per:
    234234.png
    This is in place so you can't cheese yourself more power by choosing the Sorcery Clima-Tact, Reverse Dial or a Meito sword. All weapons are assumed to be equal, which something like a Reverse Dial wouldn't fit, hence why I would classify them as special upgrades/items rather than basic weapons to start off with.​

7. Kia

Kia
    *content could be coherent*
    Captain
    Expand Collapse

Well weather eggs can be released on their own—they’re science, not fighting—as Haredas said—and then used to complement other fighting styles if you’re creative. Same with dials. Specifically as a fishman I wanted a water dial or a weather egg.

8. Krazy

DR. TEDDY
    Event Host Navigator
    Expand Collapse

1. Three characters because you could be able to create them with different skills, stats and maybe a devil fruit, so you could have more fun using different characters for your battles.

2. No, not per character. You would be able to decide what character you want to use at that weekend and battle that way in different leagues each week, of course, depending on if they actually differ in leagues. There could always be that one person that´s always on the top of the league and winning all the fights for himself.

3. Yes, that is correct. That´s is my concern not having enought active members, to make this work, we´d need many active members ready to join this. That´s why I kinda throught about this idea without doing any quizzes and just the battles, I guess anyone on the forum could write or come up with few strategies in 48 hours time limit. I know, this is hard to achieve, easy to talk about it.

4. Well, that is my plan. Having the constant User Tournament, my idea was every two months, making it about six times a year. it´s not too much and should be enough to enjoy the tournament. But, we need more active people next time around, I have been thinking about talking to everyone that wants to participate to choose a day where everyone could join in and take a day free, so we could do three quizzes in a day and the battles too, of course with pause in between. Battles would take one hour limit and you would naturally need to be online for that, but like said, everyone needs to agree to this, otherwise we should just keep the 48h format, maybe shorten it a day to 24h format. But we got time to think about it. And of course, if you want to, you may try it out running the Tournament yourself or helping out, depending on how much time you got.

5. We talked about that on Discord, we should wait a bit to finish this tournament and then change, add or remove anything that need to.

9. ZakNik

Legendary God of Speed
    Shichibukai
    Expand Collapse

cool idea...I'm in