1. As a final farewell gift to our beloved creator, we're planning to make a "thank you" video. If you'd like to be involved, you can read more here.
  2. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

One Piece User Tournament - ROUND FIVE - Kia vs Yumavo Cado

Discussion in 'One Piece Events' started by Krazy, Oct 12, 2019 at 9:33 PM.

?

Who should win?

1. Kia

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Yumavo Cado

4 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. Krazy

DR. TEDDY
    Event Host Navigator
    Expand Collapse

ONE PIECE USER TOURNAMENT
    ROUND FIVE
    MATCH ONE

BATTLEGROUND: Sabaody Archipelago

Battle thread will be created for every match happening.
    I´ll give you 48 hours to comments and come up with your own strategy, comebacks etc.
    The votes will be disabled for the first 24 hours, giving you time to post some background to your fight before anyone starts to give any votes up.
    Your vote counts only if you vote in the poll and comment with your reply down below to confirm you vote. Don´t forget to tell us why do you vote for person X.

THE WINNER PROCEEDS TO THE FINALS AND THE LOSER WILL BATTLE FOR THE THIRD PLACE AGAINST THE LOSING OPPONENT IN MATCH TWO OF THE ROUND FIVE.

User: @Kia
    Name: Lilith “The Destroyer”
    Race: Tiger shark fishman
    Main: Fighter
    Weapon: Rakuyo’s flail (it moves on its own power and bites things, possibly ate a DF), Kirisame (or similar blade) for dorsal fin

Stats:
    Attack: 35/100
    Stamina: 20/100
    Defense: 5/100
    Speed: 15/100
    Agility: 25/100

Skills:
    Fishman Karate Lv 3
    Fishman Jujutsu Lv 1
    Life Return Lv 3
    Armament Haki Lv 1
    Observational Haki Lv 3
    Geppo Lv 1
    Rope Action Lv 1
    Soru Lv. 1
    Art of Weather Lv. 1

Devil Fruit: Goro Goro no Mi

VS

User: @Yumavo Cado
    Name: Donnie Lotion
    Race: Monkey Mink
    Main: Sniper Level 3
    Weapon: Two Flash Guns

Stats:
    ATTACK (25)
    DEFENSE (0)
    STAMINA (25)
    SPEED (30)
    AGILITY (20)

Skills: Fishman Karate Level 3
    Life Return Level 2
    Soru Level 2
    Geppo Level 1
    Kami-e Level 1

Haki: Observation Haki Level 3
    Armament Haki Level 1

Perks: 7 kairouseki bullets

Devil Fruit: Gasu Gasu no Mi

2. Kia

Kia
    *content could be coherent*
    Captain
    Expand Collapse

Well I’m going to get this party started.

Our observation Haki should cancel each other out except that my Tora Instinct heightens my senses even further and allows me to sense Donnie’s location wherever he is. I’m going to use my AOW and my Goro Goro no Mi to create a massive thunderstorm. I’m sure that Donnie is going to try and use his Electric Boogaloo but since I control and sense lightning, and am a master of Fishman Karate, I’ll just compress it all back onto him while supercharging it. I’ll zap and destroy and trees or handholds that the nimble monkey is thinking of using with the lightning from the storm—I’ve earned my name. As the storm rages, Rakuyo’s flail is on the lookout for the Kairoseki bullets—they can be sensed by their lack of electricity/difference in makeup from Donnie or his gaseous form. Of course this is all moot because I can move at the speed of lightning. The rain falling will dilute any noxious gases he tries to turn himself into. I’ll keep my distance so he can’t rob me of oxygen in my solid form—lightning doesn’t need to breathe. As the storm rages, I move to just above the surface of the water and, using my Life Return to make myself super lightweight, Geppo to airstep and Soru for speed, I run around the cyclone that’s forming due to the low pressure system caused by my thunderstorms in order to increase its size while sending more power to the storm itself. Then I coat my hands in Haki, gather up the massive cyclone (as in Water Heart style) and perform Titanic Tora Tidal Wave which sends the entire thing towards the archipelago and submerges it underwater, effectively putting all the nearby groves into a state of emergency and putting all the DF users out of commission. They don’t call me “The Destroyer” for nothing. I know he’s got stamina but my attack level is pretty high. I’ll keep sending tidal waves and his gas will keep getting washed away by the rain so he can’t get to me that way. Once submerged a few times, I’ll keep sending lightning strikes and burning the place to ash the storm hasn’t stopped so whatever isn’t soaked is burning.

Grin and Marco Polo like this.
  3. Yumavo Cado

big bear steamin’ hams
    First Mate
    Expand Collapse

While this is true, Donnie also still has the luxury of staying at a 2 km distance as well as float in the air.

This is a fair point, Electric Boogaloo won't have much of an effect on Lilith, but Donnie has another technique he learned from Fluffybuns up his sleeve, which I'll get to later.

Also fair, but don't underestimate the capabilities of a monkey who can literally fly since he's gaseous, as well as Soru and Geppou through the air at will, allowing for highly agile and nimble 3D movement through the air in whichever desired direction, even without the use of trees or buildings.

Rakuyo's Flail will not be able to get anywhere close to Donnie's kairoseki bullets. He will steadily be out of of reach, plus they are securely held in a small pouch on the inside of Donnie's clothes.

The gas may be slightly diluted, but it will certainly not be stopped by the rain. Donnie may lose a few gas particles here and there, but as a Logia user he can form and create as much gas as he wants and keep moving.

Now this point is debatable. If this is true and the lightning form needs no oxygen, then it can also be gathered it wouldn't need sustenance, it wouldn't age and thus any Logia user in his elemental form would be virtually immortal, which I highly doubt is the case. Grin has asked @Krazy this question on Discord too, and Krazy does not believe that is how it works either.

This technique is impressive; however, Donnie remains safe in his gaseous form. Additionally, I can use Geppou as well and am a master of Soru. Staying in the air won't be a problem, and lightning won't be able to hit me in my gaseous state, as I would merely be a (poor) conductor for it to hit the water beneath. Furthermore, I argue that my Electro in combination with Life Return grants me some immunity to electric damage.

Allow me another anime flashback into Donnie's lore and his encounter with Lieutenant Fluffybuns. The Electro imbued Fishman Karate was merely one of the techniques she taught the monkey fellow; this next one will be of even more use. It took Donnie a long time to master it. I present to you Life Return: Twin Maximum Drive: Electric Boogaloo of a Thousand Worlds, one of Fluffybuns' most prized techniques, truly an honour which she bestowed upon the little monkey. Donnie uses his Life Return capabilities in combination with Electro - since Life Return allows you to control bodily functions (and Electro is just that). This allows me to transport electric impulses from the synapses in the brain directly into the body part that it's supposed to control, essentially bypassing the delay through the nervous system and bodily reflexes to give his movements and reactions lightning speed. Donnie will always know which body part this will have to apply to due to his fully maxed out Observation Haki - so this technique allows him to react fast enough to dodge even lightning strikes. This puts us in a league of similar speed; but the speed in Donnie's stats is far superior to that of Lilith's.

While in the air, I will use Soru and Geppou combined with my gas form to spread as much poison gas around the area as I want, as I can produce an infinite amount of it. I zap through the air this way, leaving clouds of invisible, combustible poison gas in my wake which I can light on fire at any time. I'm immune to my own explosions as well as my own poison; Lilith is not. Rakuyo's Flail will also easily fall victim to these flashy explosions that I call Kitai no Kaminari Bakuhatsu.

Using my haki empowered tail to jump on with Geppou, I now essentially have four hands. I use my speed and agility as well as my observation haki to juggle my flash guns at incredible speed between my four free hands all while I use Geppou and Soru to move quickly through the air with my tail at the same time. This allows me to manoeuvre insanely fast and send out blinding flashes every time I pull the trigger and cause an explosion. Lilith won't know in which hands the guns are, she won't know where exactly I am either due to the constant movement and explosions. I can easily spread my arms out even more by extending them as gas, making the blinding flashes even more unpredictable. Since I'm juggling them around at random, I don't even know where the flashes will come from, which makes them unpredictable even through observation haki since they're not planned out movements, but rather instinctive and rapid random throws and pulls of the trigger. This is Donnie Lotion's berserk technique: Yasei Jaguringu Senko no Tatsumaki! With the use of the disorientation from this technique, I will also start using my kairoseki bullets. I have seven of them, but only one of them needs to hit and the battle is decided.

Kia, Marco Polo and Grin like this.
  4. Krazy

DR. TEDDY
    Event Host Navigator
    Expand Collapse

Having the Lightining Fruit allows you to do many stuff and with creativity it gets great like any other of the DF's...but being Human/Fishman etc. you naturally need the oxygen for your body to survive and your muscles to work. No oxygen would mean you'd just stop working as a person losing all the strenght and thus the defence because of muscles not bein able to contract.

Marco Polo likes this.
  5. Kia

Kia
    Captain
    Expand Collapse

#5 Kia, Oct 13, 2019 at 5:57 PM
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2019 at 6:13 PM
    A 2km distance would take you off of the archipelago wouldn’t it? I understand wanting to flee since I’m destroying the entire thing but that’s not going to let you beat me.

The air that’s filled with rain to wash out your gas and send it to the ground in the form of acid (if it’s poison or just dilute it otherwise?), and lightning strikes to combust the flammable gasses you’d otherwise choose? Sure try that. You won’t get very far. Those lightning strikes of mine are more powerful than your electro so you may have a bit of resistance but I can use pinpoint accuracy so I can shock your heart into stopping.

I meant when they were being fired at me as you’re sure to do. Not that I’d get close enough to snatch them from you with the flail but now that you’ve told me the location....

Even if this were true, your stamina would play a part in this and you’re dealing with not just the rain but also the other techniques as I’ve stated.

Logia’s don’t stay in their elemental forms but for me, specifically, if you wanna argue that then I can go this route—Lightning is a plasma that generates ozone gas, since I’ve got life return and AOW, I can convert that into oxygen and utilize it internally on my own without dealing with external oxygen sources. Thus even if I’m close to you in lightning form, I am my own oxygen source so you can’t suffocate me.

Just looking at your gaseous state sends Lilith into a further rage as if being on this place with active slave traders and a Celestial Dragon presence didn’t already set her off. No matter how vague you are about what gas you’re made of, she’s determined to obliterate it all. There’s bound to be combustible and dilatable compounds in there. Torrents of rain swirl around you and 200 million volt lightning strikes repeatedly hit you in a Triggered Tempest

That sounds lovely. I appreciate your quality time with the Lt. but you’re still not faster than Lilith actually is since my life return is higher than yours, I’m made of lightning and have Soru as well... with Fisher Tiger’s training, and all of the pent up rage that I’m feeling right now, you may be able to dodge the strikes from the storm but since I learned from the master at hiding his hatred and channeling it into power, and I’ve been forced to come to this wretched place to do battle where all these sycophants live and you have the nerve to come before me carrying a gun of all things. The wretched weapon of the oppressor and you expect me NOT to go destroyer of worlds on you and this place?

Not to beat a dead horse but basic chemistry says that poison and other gases are water soluble. So you’d get washed away. Even if that’s not the case, I can use lightning to combust the combustible ones before you do and avoid the explosions. Plus I can travel as lightning so I don’t need to go through that area. I can just go around it.

Here’s where it gets fun. Lilith has gotten well and truly sick of everything. She’s on a rampage. She is above a cloud at this point raining down lightning. As she’s stated before, tiger sharks are darkness hunters who don’t need their eyes so all the blinding techniques are moot. Even though Donnie is using his gaseous form, he still retains his sense of self as a person so Tora Instinct Hunter Mode (you might recall the earlier version of combining life return with observation Haki and tiger shark genes? This is that specifically for hunting and maximizing my lightning induced speed) heightens her senses even more and allows her to pinpoint where he and his weapons are. She flashes to them and melds herself into the guns striking them with lightning at 200 million volts each, melting them both instantly to Donnie’s hands and releasing herself from the meld just before they fully melt so that the remaining Kairoseki bullets are welded to Donnie, weakening him and forcing him to fall to endure the Heartbreak Hotel Where I gather up tons of water from the raging storm and a massive 200 million volt of electricity then form them into a spear and send them straight through the heart of the now prone Donnie Lotion.

6. Yumavo Cado

big bear steamin’ hams
    First Mate
    Expand Collapse

#6 Yumavo Cado, Oct 13, 2019 at 8:57 PM
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2019 at 9:22 PM
    Even if your lightning happens to combust some of my gas, it won't hurt me since I'm immune to my own gas explosions. If anything, the explosions will hide my position from you.

You would be able to do that if I didn't have the Twin Maximum Overdrive engaged. "This one... is for Fluffybuns-sensei," says Donnie with a flash of determination in his eyes, his fist clenched.

Yes, but stamina would also factor in for your lightning creation. And I have more stamina, if ever so slightly, so in a battle of attrition, Donnie can survive long enough to win.

It's not exactly stated what kind of gas the Gas Gas Fruit controls, the assumption based on what Caesar was able to do with it is that I myself am made up of poisonous gas but I can also change and mess with the gases around me. This is how I create explosions. Since my own explosions don't hurt me though, even if you light me up, it's the same explosion to which I'm immune.

You have the higher Life Return ability, but you can't use it in combination with Electro like a Mink can, since you don't actually control electricity, but lightning itself. Plus, my Soru is faster than yours.

Donnie can clearly see that Lilith is very angry and not receptive to his jokes and flashbacks. Her anger may give her more brute strength and killing intent, but it also makes her less strategic, since she seems to be in more of a blind rage than a controlled hunt. Donnie Lotion recommends meditation.

You're right, but I'm not in the water, it's merely rainfall. Rain doesn't wash away any of the oxygen in the air either.

Here's where I have to disagree. Tiger sharks may hunt in the darkness, but it's not because they don't use their eyes at all; in fact they have a reflective layer behind their retina. To quote Wikipedia, it "allows light-sensing cells a second chance to capture photons of visible light. This enhances vision in low-light conditions." So in other words, while you don't need a lot of light to be able to see, if there is a huge amount of light like with my flashes, the explosions and even your own lightning, your eyes will react very sensitively to the flood of light, which would then impair you even more than if you had normal photoreceptors. Blinding flashes are a factor then, even for Tiger Shark Lilith.

Again, super cool technique, Donnie is impressed by Lilith's enraged killing intent and especially the Heartbreak Hotel, which sounds like something from another Donnie anime flashback... Let's keep that story for another time. But Twin Maximum Overdrive is still going, so even if Lilith zaps quickly to me, I can sense that before it happens and react instantaneously, Soru away and combust the gas in the place I was just in. If it came down to it, Donnie could avoid Lilith long enough for her stamina to run out since he's got ever so slightly more. He will also use his flash guns with lightning fast movement to deter and disorient her, and when she's blinded for a split second, he will sink a kairoseki bullet into her aquarian body, she will spare one last glance in Donnie's direction, realise he wasn't such a bad guy after all, as she falls into the sea in slow motion (while this song plays), to her death. If it's any consolation, Donnie will feel bad for killing her.

Grin, Kia and Marco Polo like this.
  7. Krazy

DR. TEDDY
    Event Host Navigator
    Expand Collapse

VOTING IS OPEN! 24 HOURS LEFT.

8. Marco Polo

「DREAM STATE」
    Administrator Member of the Year 2018
    Expand Collapse

Another incredible fight, on par with the other semi final matchup. Whilst Lilith is undoubtedly strong and has what could be considered as one of the top 3 Devil Fruits in the series as far as pure “OPness” goes, Donnie Lotion’s Fruit has the ability to manipulate the environment, and he has the smarts to do it in a way that counteracts Lilith. That, and the fact he has a trump card by the name of Kairoseki bullets suggests to me that he can weather the storm and come out on top.

I give this one to Mr. Lotion

9. Dreamer

I'm more like a stone than a snowflake
    Navigator
    Expand Collapse

Although both of them sounds quite even, I give my vote to Donnie because he is more strategic and he has a little bit better comebacks.

10. Kia

Kia
    Captain
    Expand Collapse

This isn’t normal rain, it’s a hurricane force storm brought on by the massive thunderstorms. The cyclones haven’t stopped forming just because I’m not throwing tidal waves at you. I am melding into the lightning strikes and traveling that way to avoid the majority of the moisture but you’re spread out as gas and thus being subjected to the heat and moisture at levels that would lead to conversion. The oxygen in the air has a relatively low solubility to begin with besides which, we’re dealing with manga magic levels here. Just ask @Seiryu about that. So long as the scientific basis exists, it would be possible to extend it to higher levels. That means that this chemical reaction is totally legit. Do you really think that War’s flaming sword is hot enough to turn sand into glass? Pfft.
    That’s only if I hadn’t spent years as rebellious slave in an oubliette of a Celestial Dragon where I couldn’t use my eyes at all. It was pitch black there. They refused to feed me and wouldn’t sell me for shame of having such a prized possession go to waste/be untamable. Instead they figured they’d break me or kill me. So I had to learn to rely on all my other senses to the utmost. I can still smell the stench of rotting flesh, feces, urine and despair. It coats the back of my throat like a thick, acrid lacquer. So while my eyes would react as you say, if I needed to keep them open, I’ve evolved beyond that petty level by passing through trials of pain the likes of which your fluffy little flashbacks cannot compare. Thus, I reiterate, I will find you, and I will, eliminate you. Exactly as described above, you’re not
    Nice thoughts on imagining that you could sense me before I could sense you—our observation Haki’s are equal and my Tora Instinct allows me to sense you even more because of the electricity you have as a living being which is heightened due to your Electro. So, how are you thinking you’re one step ahead of me when you’ve got to avoid both my actual person and the lightning strikes that I’m sending your way? While you think that you’re avoiding me and moving away, you’re actually moving directly into a waiting trap. I’ve collected 8 massive amounts of water into lightning infused spears with my hair as my real body floats in the air where you’re heading. Using Mirage Tempo I’ve concealed myself and once you arrive, I let Rakuyo’s flail bitte you and unleash Hydroelectric Hair Hydra wherein all the spears strike—this happens in a nanosecond. So you don’t have time to react you’ve barely materialized in your normal mink body before being struck—as blood starts to bubble up from your mouth, you gurgle, “I’m sor-ry... fy..buns.. n’t... ood... ough..” and drop from the sky as I watch pitilessly.

Yumavo Cado and Grin like this.
  11. Marco Polo

「DREAM STATE」
    Expand Collapse

@Kia i was never really clear about it when we fought and I’m still not that clear now, but I might just be missing something. What is “Tora Instinct?”

12. Kia

Kia
    Captain
    Expand Collapse

So I originally described it as this against you. “Tora Instinct where I direct my life return skills into my tiger shark genes to maximize all camouflage and detection abilities which means that I can sense his location at all times“ That was the first version. But the genes/abilities in question are: “They have small pits on the snout which hold electroreceptors called the ampullae of Lorenzini, which enable them to detect electric fields, including the weak electrical impulses generated by prey, which helps them to hunt.[14] Tiger sharks also have a sensory organ called a lateral line which extends on their flanks down most of the length of their sides. The primary role of this structure is to detect minute vibrations in the water. These adaptations allow the tiger shark to hunt in darkness and detect hidden prey.[18]” (from Wikipedia)

Hope that helps. ^_^

13. Marco Polo

「DREAM STATE」
    Expand Collapse

Ah right. I did think it was some kind of Fishman thing but I wasn’t sure if it was an existing skill or your application of Haki/Fishman genes

Kia likes this.
  14. Kia

Kia
    Captain
    Expand Collapse

Yes. Basically. ^_^. I chose the species of Fishman for a reason.

15. Grin

Keymaster
    Member of the Year 2016 Shichibukai
    Expand Collapse

I gotta give this to Yum for his many comebacks. Goro Goro might put a lot of people on the defensive when mentioned. It is a very strong fruit, after all. But Gasu Gasu is not much worse off, and I admire seeing a good fight put up in spite of adversity. Even if you're using Fluffybuns' moves to bail you out here, you thief. My Life Return: Twin Maximum Drive Electric Boogaloo of a Thousand Worlds...

With the powers and abilities considered, the thing here that is capable of ending the fight in an instant is the kairoseki bullet imbued with Haki. If an opportunity can be created to use it in such a manner, it would most likely be a KO or at least a major issue for our sharp-toothed friend. I had my doubts about a monkey's ability to weather such a storm, but colour of observation me surprised.

That being said, what I always look forward to the most in these fights is coming up with creative new techniques by combining abilities that characters on the show don't possess (or at least don't use them in such a manner). It's easily my favourite part of the tournament, so seeing stuff like Tora Instinct, Heartbreak Hotel and Kitai no Kaminari Bakuhatsu makes me smile. Life Return was such a dismissed ability in the show but is a star ability when it comes to thinking up stuff in this game.

I've got to admit though, you guys got very scientific in parts there and I'm not very smart so some of that might have went over my head. It's also an iffy topic to address in this kind of thing, since OP itself doesn't always reflect reality. I don't want to complain too much though, since it does seem to allow a lot of fun stuff to happen.

Yumavo Cado and Kia like this.
  16. Krazy

DR. TEDDY
    Event Host Navigator
    Expand Collapse

#16 Krazy, Oct 14, 2019 at 8:12 PM
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2019 at 8:33 PM
    Nice fight, nice strategies and good thinking. I hope you had fun.

THE MATCH IS DONE!

@Yumavo Cado wins with 3:0 votes and proceeds to the final round, congrats.

@Kia will fight for the 3rd Place in the Round 6.

Kia likes this.
  17. Kia

Kia
    Captain
    Expand Collapse

Congratulations @Yumavo Cado great fight. I had fun. ^_^

Yumavo Cado likes this.
  18. Kia

Kia
    Captain
    Expand Collapse

I do have a question though. I only counted three votes that posted in the thread their rationale so the 4th shouldn’t count. I still lost but I’m a stickler for technicalities lol.

19. Krazy

DR. TEDDY
    Event Host Navigator
    Expand Collapse

I know. I guess it was Yum himself, so I added the vote.

20. Kia

Kia
    Captain
    Expand Collapse

We can do that?! WTF?! I didn’t know that was legal. I abstained from voting in my own battles. :(