1. As a final farewell gift to our beloved creator, we're planning to make a "thank you" video. If you'd like to be involved, you can read more here.
  2. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

OPF Community Based Story (YOU CAN BE THE HERO)

Discussion in 'Writer's Corner' started by Skivar, Aug 27, 2016.

1. Skivar

First Mate
    Expand Collapse

#1 Skivar, Aug 27, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2017
    Hello everyone. I'm going to be making an attempt to write an original story loosely based on the forum community of the OPF. How this will work is, the members interested in having roles will design characters based on themselves with the following details:
    - Appearance
    - Birth Date
    - Backstory
    - The role you want to have in the storyline
    - Weapons/Skills

There is NO deadline for character designs. Even if you decide to join in halfway through the story, I will find a way to incorporate you. I do want to be honest and say that priority will be given to active OPF members who have established themselves as a part of the community, but I will attempt to give everyone a role.

Special Thanks to Phantom for looking over the post and making himself available to bounce ideas off of.
    I do want to leave a note saying that while I will draw inspiration from the OPF community, the story and the universe it takes place in will be unique so it won't be taking place in the same universe as One Piece.

NOTE: I do NOT give consent for outside parties to profit off of or distribute this story nor to copy/steal the ideas within this thread.

Current Status

~Table of Contents~
    - Prologue

~Tournament Saga~
    - Chapter 1: Dawn
    - Chapter 2: The Prelude
    - Chapter 3: The Preliminaries
    - Chapter 4: Mapache's Masquerade
    - Chapter 5: Paqo vs Black Knight Orion
    - Chapter 6: Exposed
    - Chapter 7: Tobias and Talos
    - Chapter 8: The Twin Owls
    - Chapter 9: The Final Round: Phantom vs Gladis

~Bane Saga~
    - Chapter 10: The Dawn of Twighlight
    - Chapter 11: The Two Prophets
    - Chapter 12: The Bane of Skivar
    - Chapter 13: White vs Brown: A Clash of Wolves
    - Chapter 14: Pain

- Chapter 15: Twighlight Afternoon
    - Chapter 16: A Clash of Titans: Marc Polaris vs Paqo Bellyvance

~Resources~
    Aporia Wiki; thanks to Grin for taking the time to design this.
    Organized Chapters; thanks to Phantom for taking the time to design this.
    Author Bio

~Expanded Universe~
    Aporia Lite by Grin: A series of comedic parodies that take events in Aporia and add a special twist.

Twelve, Nerbs, Iki Hotaro and 8 others like this.
  2. Christina Choi

Little Panda
    First Mate
    Expand Collapse

#2 Christina Choi, Aug 27, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2016
    Appearances-Short, brown and blue hair, a brown dress with brown leggings.

Birth Date-December 4th 2002- 13 years old

Back Story- Christina was the only child in the family. Her mother and father treated her well and everything was perfect. Just perfect. One day, her dad just left them without an explanation. She and her mom had nowhere to go and so they wandered and wandered until the mother became ill. She soon passed away and christina was by herself. She gave up hope and fell asleep on the ground of nowhere hoping to die. When she woke up, a young boy and a lady stood next to her looking worried. They gave her food and nurtured her. She still lives with them right now.

Role-Personality-Shy, sweet, stubborn, and loud. Gets into some trouble with Owl King because she acted like an idiot. Main character would be nice.

Weapons/skill- Photographic memory.

I think i did this wrong. I read the story on your post but i don't understand it well so i'm sorry if i did something wrong. Just tell me and i'll fix it.

3. Red

Red
    4ever REDDY
    Supernova
    Expand Collapse

#3 Red, Aug 27, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2016
    Hah. Special thanks. Thanksaton anyways for crediting me :D
    • Appearance: Of medium-height, slender and dark-haired, wears suits
      [​IMG] Credits to @Mapache and @Tony for this amazing drawing <3
    • Birth Date: 20 years before the current storyline
    • Backstory: Born into a time of great war and violence, Phantom was found at an abandoned inn by an elderly prostitute. By the age of 16, he learnt everything he needed to know about the world, including its deepest and darkest secrets. Sick and tired of the endless killing and plundering, he decided that he was in a position where he could make a difference to the world.

For two long years he trained his body to resist torture and pain. Armed with the knowledge of wine, culture and women, he set out to obtain his goal.

Since then, he has killed hundreds of those who imposed violence on the innocent and murdered for selfish personal gains. His killing methods have no order or similarity - this is to avoid detection altogether.
    • Role: The Main Character, of course!
      jk. A hitman who is an antihero. He is expensive and very effective, although he has his own motives and reasons for doing so. He can take either side at the end, that's up to you.
    • Weapons/Skills: Multiple pistols for long range, knives, several killing traps
    • Skills: Great Martial Arts' skills, has knowledge of multiple languages, charming, can effortlessly spy on anything
    • Weaknesses: Is disastrously self-obsessed and narcissistic, overconfident about his abilities, has human strength (albeit being conditioned to peak levels), has complete disregard to his own life due to his morals on 'killers will always be killers'.

Monster Trio, Twelve and Mapache like this.
  4. Skivar

First Mate
    Expand Collapse

@Christina Choi
    Your thing looks good. What parts confused you? I am planning to rewrite the introduction with more context when I have a more fleshed out concept.

@Phantom
    Your thing looks good as well, but keep in mind (and I should clarify this in the op) that the story is taking place in its own unique universe. I am going to draw inspiration from the OPF community (ex: Owl is the basis for the Owl King and Roronoa Zoro is the inspiration for Noah Zorvel), but the story and its universe will be unique.

5. Chaudfontaine

Chieftain Chóðinn
    Super Moderator Member of the Year 2017
    Expand Collapse

#5 Chaudfontaine, Aug 27, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2016
    • Appearance: a bit bigger figure in both ways, height and weight but not excessive. A little belly but really capable of giving a killerpunch. Blond-brown hair with an little greenish hat. A bit of the lazy type but with the appearance people are afraid of to fight.
    • Birth Date: 1197
    • Backstory:
      Being born when Aporia was one piece (hehe), the war left some scars on the man and he decided to live his life to the fullest according to him. A rather lazy type that lost everything in the wars but didn't hold quite the revenge-feelings for 1 specific fraction. He traveled around the previous fractions and capital so he gained knowledge over a few things like science and tactics. Even though the world was in peace, there were a lot of things that weren't good. He had his own ideas of a better world. He does have a thing for drinking and is confident in his drinking skills, which can pay him some money by challeging locals in the local pubs.
    • The role you want to have in the storyline: Some laidback sidekick, nothing to fancy but still important to the storyline.
    • Weapons/Skills: Massive bodystrenght, endurance if needed but a lot of resting after a big battle, some battletactics, a hammerlike staff used for walking and smashing some enemies around, basic trapsetting for food, fishing.
    more like a little john, snorlax type of guy but smarter.
    [​IMG]

(is this how it should be, @varunjitsingh641 ?, new to this kinda thingies)

Mapache, Cosmos, Wolf and 1 other person like this.
  6. Grin

Talentless
    Member of the Year 2016 Shichibukai
    Expand Collapse

#6 Grin, Aug 28, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2016
    I love this kind of thing, and I actually have my own story of this type going on (not to advertise, just my sympathies for your endeavor). The difference is that I don't ask anyone what their character should be like, so yours is objectively better. If you don't mind, here's mine:

Edit: Added a bit more information into Weapons/Skillls.

Appearance
    : A very pale, slender boy with medium length, shaggy white hair and dark bags under his steel-colored eyes. "Looks ill." they say. Often seen with a hooded traveler's cloak to mask his appearance. If one were to see him without a shirt, his ribs would be visible for all to see.

(we got some art from @Mapache http://i.imgur.com/3Y6JdvO.jpg )

(Now in glorious digital coloring @Tony http://i.imgur.com/GhHhO0y.jpg )

Birthdate: 17 years before present time.

Backstory: Born with a rare heart disease, the young boy was doomed to a mundane, boring life. Terribly weak from birth and unable to perform even average physical feats without risking death, he soon reached a state of indifference towards his condition and life in general. But that would change when he had a run in with a mysterious "doctor", who promised to cure him of his disease with an ancient ritual. The ritual did not cure Grin's weak heart, but it did turn him into a walking corpse! Now full of new (and cynical) vigor, Grin is determined to travel the world as he no longer needs to worry about dying.

The role you want to have in the storyline: I'll leave it up to you.

Weapons/Skills: Grin possesses below-average human physique due to his disease, and is unable to sprint even short distances or carry objects heavier than 15kg or so.

Grin has a fair bit of knowledge about most things due to spending a lot of time reading books inside his family mansion. History, biology and maths are all child's play. He has nimble fingers, capable of performing precision work such as sewing with ease.

Grin has been cursed with undeath, leaving him with the following effects permanently:

• For all intents and purposes, Grin lacks any vital signs such as heartbeat or breathing, and does not require sleep, warmth, oxygen, food or drink to survive.
    • He does not feel pain, fear poison or get ill, but the curse did not cure him of his already existing heart disease.
    • Grin's inhuman appearance terrifies weakminded people and most children, and animals do not like him.
    • Additionally, he can no longer train his undead muscles.
    • Regardless, his condition allows him to shake off wounds such as getting stabbed by simply pulling out the weapon. Destroying his brain wont end Grin's life/death, it'll only rid him of his personality, leaving nothing but a soulless husk behind.
    • Being frail, Grin tries to avoid direct conflict and would rather seek a way out by bluffing or intimidating his opponents with his undead physique.
    • Grin gains nothing from eating or drinking, but he is capable of storing objects inside his body by cutting it open and sewing it shut again. Sewing back bodyparts is also fair game due to the curse's magical nature.

Quote: "I'm already dead, you know?"

Monster Trio, Mapache, Cosmos and 2 others like this.
  7. Twelve

NSFW
    Captain
    Expand Collapse

#7 Twelve, Aug 28, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2016
    • Name: Hana
    • Appearance: Small in stature, big eyes, brown hair
    • Birth Date: Exactly 22 years and 12 days before the present time
    • Backstory:
    Ever since she was a child, Hana felt the need to get out of the palace and away from the royal life to write and illustrate stories about the events that happened in the great war and of the lives of the common people. This may be because of the stories she hears from the servants about the the outside world. She disapproves of her parents marrying her off to some random prince and dreams of living a simple life, telling stories to kids in the different areas that she plans on visiting. Despite being punished and sometimes not given food for trying to get out of the palace (for good) countless times, Hana still remains optimistic that there will come a day when she will be free and will live the life she had always dreamed of living.​
    • Role: One of Owl King's children
    • Weapons/Skills: Arts, knowledge in history and the secrets of the palace, persistence and optimism

8. Pacquiao8

62-7-2 (39 KO)
    Supernova
    Expand Collapse

Sounds cool, allow me to join:

Appearance:
    Chubby version of Bruce Lee; has a wood staff in his back; always seen holding (and eating) a fried chicken; looks weak and clumsy

Birth Date:
    No exact birth data found except that he was born in a Year of the Dragon; looks like in his late-20s

Backstory:
    Not much is known about him, except that one day, he woke up from being unconscious without any memories about his past in a house full of freshly dead bodies and then shortly lived in the sidewalks for weeks as a pickpocket until a Tai Chi master adopted him in Utopia. A prodigy, he quickly mastered Tai Chi and eventually became the master's heir. He left, tagged as a criminal, after some disciples accused him of killing the master and explored the entire Aporia to find any means to live and mastered different forms of combat, beating every powerful fighters he encountered. As his memories are starting to come back, he returned to Utopia to clean his name and to find someone who can defeat him in a battle.

The role you want to have in the storyline:
    A main character (but not the lead hero or something; just like the Straw Hats not named Luffy), one of the most powerful characters in the story. Hana's love interest (peace @twelfthidiot ). It's up to you how will you fit me in the story.

Weapons/skills:
    Mixed Martial Arts, wood staff, nunchucks, darts, fried chicken(?), acrobatics, Acupressure mastery, street magic, detective instincts, blinding speed, above average power and endurance, food hog

9. Skivar

First Mate
    Expand Collapse

Thanks everyone for the replies so far! :D

@Chaudfontaine
    Yes, your thing looks perfect.

Chaudfontaine likes this.
  10. Red

Red
    4ever REDDY
    Supernova
    Expand Collapse

Haha no problem, I just copy-pasted most of my stuff from the RPG, you can change the names of the places and other One Piece-related material to suit your story ;)

11. Skivar

First Mate
    Expand Collapse

No worries man, I gotcha :)

12. Grin

Talentless
    Expand Collapse

@varunjitsingh641 I wasn't sure if you were about to employ the supernatural, but I take it you will. If not I can change my entry.

13. Skivar

First Mate
    Expand Collapse

@Grin
    Your entry is fine. I might make a change in how the disease/curse works, but the overall concept is a good one and i'm having a good time mapping out your character arc :)

14. Grin

Talentless
    Expand Collapse

I am glad to hear it's alright to work with. I'm curious to see what you will come up with, so I tried to leave enough room for that.

15. Red

Red
    4ever REDDY
    Supernova
    Expand Collapse

As a friend I should remind you that @Grin is a renown storywriter, so you better come up with something good!! :P

Wolf likes this.
  16. Grin

Talentless
    Expand Collapse

Hush, you're embarassing me in front of someone who will probably turn out to be better :sweatsmile:

17. Skivar

First Mate
    Expand Collapse

Nah, i've seen a few of your things and i've got a lot to live up to :)
    No worries Phantom, i'll do Grin's character justice; your character on the other hand.... ;)

18. Red

Red
    4ever REDDY
    Supernova
    Expand Collapse

Now I'm a little worried :sweatsmile:

I'll remake my character, please keep this thread open for a week at least to get as many entrants as possible. And try tagging some of the oldies if you want a truly great OPF story.

Once that's done, we'll get someone to draw the art we'll turn it into a manga and then an anime once I'm done with my Master's. When I have kids it should be rated number 1 on MyAnimeList

19. Skivar

First Mate
    Expand Collapse

No worries man, I was joking about your character :P
    I'm probably gonna wait about a week or so before start on the main writing process as I have to get through finals and need time to flesh out the background story for this universe.
    People will be able to design characters at any point in the writing process and i'll find ways to incorporate 'em into the plot. I have no plans on closing this option off as I feel it would be unfair to those who didn't notice this thread earlier on or to newer members.

Grin likes this.
  20. Red

Red
    4ever REDDY
    Supernova
    Expand Collapse

Aww damn, finals are such a pain! :confounded:

Waiting for more than a week is pretty sad man, especially since I thought this would increase activity greatly. Are you planning to do a chapter-wise novel like Grin does, or is it just one huge story?