1. The results of the Member of the Year voting are in... Find out who won!
  2. The Monthly PAW February 2020 is out now. Check it out!
  3. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

OPF Community Based Story (YOU CAN BE THE HERO)

Discussion in 'Writer's Corner' started by Skivar, Aug 27, 2016.

1. Grin

The Fool
    Member of the Year 2016 Shichibukai
    Expand Collapse

*megalovania.mp3*

2. Cosmos

Ms. Owl
    Captain
    Expand Collapse

what is nerf?

3. Skivar

First Mate
    Expand Collapse

Nerf means to make something weaker or to scale it down.

Cosmos likes this.
  4. Skivar

First Mate
    Expand Collapse

Chapter 13: White vs Brown: A Clash of Wolves

Date: April 10th, 1264
    The doctor tapped his fingers against his metallic legs. Wanze Plozoh was getting impatient. It had been hours since the first round of prisoners had come in. His robots should have found the ones who had escaped their ambush by now. M1M1 was getting anxious as implied by the pink robot rolling in circles around him. She had been furious and hounding him nonstop about the situation since the robots had come back with the three humans, but not T0N1. Her and T0N1 had been apart for too long.

Plozoh sighed; this was supposed to have been a simple mission. Investigate the Bane of Skivar for his employer for traces of important DNA and collect aforementioned DNA if found. They had even gotten lucky and stumbled upon Skivar’s tomb, a sizeable room that they had chosen to set up shop in. T0N1 and his party’s sudden appearance had changed the situation drastically.

The clock-like robot had left his services several years back. Plozoh had designed T0N1 to be his assistant, and for a while things were going well. The robot picked up things quickly enough and was more than willing to help with even the most rudimentary tasks. Everything changed during a standard lab session when T0N1’s demeanor started to seem off, almost as if it was evolving into something more than Plozoh had intended.

He had not been able to pinpoint the exact reason for the robot’s change in demeanor, but T0N1 had disappeared several weeks later. M1M1 had a full mental breakdown and the lab was in disarray for months as T0N1 had neglected to leave backups of the files Plozoh had implanted in his memory banks. Finding T0N1 would not only give Plozoh access to his old research, but it would also give him and M1M1 the answers they had been awaiting: why did T0N1 go rogue?

The bell sounded, alerting them to the return of his minions. “I hope they found T0N1,” M1M1 droned.

Plozoh nodded solemnly as they got up to go to the entrance. The door opened and ten robots rolled in, the OzOs on their foreheads indicating Wanze Plozoh as their creator. The OzO army had come a long way since T0N1 had defected. Two of the robots that had just rolled in were carrying people, a boy and girl, but T0N1 was nowhere in sight. The doctor frowned when he saw the boy’s bulging rotting belly, “You didn’t have to kill them.”

“They didn’t,” the boy groaned. “Lets just say I have a condition.”

“Leave him alone!” the girl shrieked.

“No don’t,” the boy begged. “I swear I’m not contagious let’s be friends.”

“Grin this is not the time,” the girl snapped.

“Sorry, Kris,” Grin mumbled. “But social interaction ya know.”

“I have no intention of harming you,” Plozoh said, interrupting their exchange. “Just tell me where T0N1 is.”

“You mean Tony?” Grin asked. “We have no idea. Just let us and our friends go.”

Interesting. It seemed like T0N1 had found himself a name.

“Stop with your lies!” M1M1 snapped. “Tell me where my T0N1 is before I get mad.”

“Your Tony?” Kris asked. “He said he was single when we asked him.”

“Well, Tony needs to shut his bitchass up,” M1M1 snapped. “Just tell me where he is and I’ll tell the doctor to let you all go.

“We’re telling you that we have no idea,” Kris said. “Please, just let us go.”

“I’m afraid I can’t do that. If you are friends with T0N1 or Tony as you call him, then he will surely come to rescue you lot,” Plozoh explained. “Lock them up with the others,” Plozoh commanded. “And tighten security around the prison area; we are not letting T0N1 escape from us this time.” The robots complied. Plozoh followed them down the hall to ensure nothing went astray. The boy and girl were locked in a cell next to the ones called Phantom and Hana. Cade Walker, however, was being given special treatment.

Phantom looked up when they arrived. His eyes widened when he saw Kris and Grin. “They got you guys too?”

“Unfortunately,” Kris pouted.

“Is Hana alright?” Grin asked as Plozoh’s minions followed the mad doctor out of the jailing area.

“Yeah she’s alright, but still out cold.” Phantom said. “It looks like she took a direct hit from the dart so more of that junk that knocked us out must have entered her system then it did for me. She’s been stirring a bit though so we’ll probably have her awake soon enough.”

“Sounds good. We’ll wait for her to wake up before executing the plan,” Kris said; it had seemed like she had slightly miscalculated how strong the dosage of the gorgon’s blood was. “Also, where is Cade?”

Phantom frowned from behind his cell bars, “Cade? Isn’t he with you guys? I haven’t seen him since I woke up”

“They must want to experiment on him because of his shuva abilities,” a voice beeped.

Phantom blinked, “Grin. Did your stomach just talk?”

Grin rubbed his swollen belly, “Damn, this baby is growing up faster than I expected.” He pulled up his shirt just a tad to let Phantom see the stitches. The Kingsguard’s eyes widened as he realized what was going on. “Don’t worry, being pregnant doesn’t hurt because of my curse,” Grin said when Phantom opened his mouth to ask a question.

“Right,” Kris said, trying to think. “Phantom have you figured out how often the guards come in to check on us?”

“Of course,” Phantom replied. “Not like they gave us anything else to do. The guards have been coming by every two minutes with the exception being when you guys were brought in, so we’ll have a small window of time in between their shifts.”

“Sounds good,” Kris said. Now they had to wait for Hana to wake up.

Luckily the princess didn’t keep them waiting too long and awoke ten minutes later, “What happened?” she asked.

“You got hit by a dart filled with gorgon’s blood,” Phantom explained, gesturing towards her neck.”

“So did you,” Hana said, noticing the scratch mark on Phantom’s neck.

His face went red, “Hey at least I dodged it… mostly.”

“Mostly ain’t cutting it,” Hana laughed.

“Anyways,” Phantom said, trying to change the course of the conversation. “Kris and Grin have a plan to get us out of here.” He paused for a moment as one of Plozoh’s guards entered the rooms. The robot glared at them for a moment, inspected their cages, and rolled out. “Also there’s robots now. Just an fyi.”

“Thanks,” Hana grumbled. “So what’s this plan of your’s?”

“I’ll let Kris fill you in there since she came up with it,” Phantom said.

“I helped!” Grin’s stomach beeped.

Hana blinked, “Grin. Did your stomach just talk?”

“Just lemme explain real quick, before the guard makes another round,” Kris said.

“I’m all ears,” Hana said.

“So here’s what’s up,” Kris said. Grin took that as his cue to lift up his shirt, exposing his rotting chest and stomach area which filled the jailing area with a rancid stank. A long array of stitches covered his belly area which bulged outward several inches. Phantom and Hana covered their noses as they listened. “So what we did was take Tony and stitched him inside Grin’s chest.”

“Didn’t that hurt, Grin?” Hana asked.

Grin shook his head, “Not really. The curse makes it so zombified portions of my body can’t feel pain or anything for that matter.”

Hana nodded in understanding, “Makes sense.”

Kris continued, “So, from there we figured we could extract Tony from Grin’s stomach and use his lasers to break you guys out. We didn’t think they would put Cade in a separate facility though so that’ll have to be something we account for.”

They quieted down as the robotic guard came back to check on them. “That’s fine,” Phantom said when the guard left. “If me and Hana are both alert, then they won’t be able to surprise us like they did in the Bane which’ll give us the advantage.”

“Exactly,” Hana said. “If Phantom stays focused and doesn’t get darted again, we’ll be fine.”

“Ha, you tell him Hana!” Tony beeped from inside Grin.

“Anyways,” Kris said. “Stay on your toes. The operation begins now so get ready.”

Phantom and Hana nodded and waited patiently in their cells as Kris started undoing the stitches on Grin’s belly. The smell was putrid, but she ignored it as she undid the knots, taking care to act natural when the guard robot came by. Ten minutes later, she pulled a metal box out of Grin’s stomach along with a small wrist strap with a metal orb on it and quickly reapplied the stitches so his organs wouldn’t start plopping out.

“I’m guessing that box is Tony?” Phantom asked, while Kris tied the strap onto her wrist; they had dissected the robot and reconfigured its laser for her use. Kris was cool now.

In response, legs and arms shot out from the box, revealing the form of T0N1, “You are goddamn right,” Tony said. “Now stand back bitches, while Tonybot works his magic.”

“Guards!” Grin said as he pushed Tony against the wall. Him and Kris cheerfully waved at the guardbot as it rolled by them.

When the guardbot finally left, Tony rolled back to the front of the cage, “Okay now Tonybot will work his magic. No poopy Cade here this time to steal my thunder.”

“That reminds me,” Phantom said. “What happened while me and Hana were knocked out. Why isn’t Cade with you guys?”

“After you guys were knocked out we were ambushed by dozens of robots,” Grin explained. “Cade went ham with his shuva abilities to give us time to escape, but ended up getting caught with you guys in the process. We were able to steal a broken robot though and analyze a bit before getting captured as well.”

“And, did you learn anything?” Hana asked.

“Sorta,” Grin said. “We know that the robots were creations of a guy called Wanze Plozoh. He’s the dude that created Tony and he’s conducting research in the Bane right now for some employer.”

“Which part of the Bane is this?” Phantom asked. “Did you guys figure that out before getting captured?”

“Skivar’s Tomb,” Kris said.

“And we’re good!” Tony beeped. The robot hopped out and quickly freed Hana and Phantom from their cell. “Be a better Kingsguard next time by the way,” the robot chided. “Otherwise you’re just another useless Cade 2.0. I expect better protection of Hana in the future, got it?”

“Eh? Don’t make me turn you into a coffee maker,” Phantom warned as he climbed out of his cell.

“Bitch, I will rek you,” Tony retorted.

“You hear that, Phantom?” Hana laughed as she followed Phantom out of their cell. “You gotta do better next time.”

“Don’t even start,” Phantom snapped. “Lets focus on finding Cade and getting out of here.” The guard robot rolled in awkwardly and looked at them. Phantom quickly caught it before it could escape. “Tony, make yourself useful and reprogram it so it keeps doing its thang without raising the alert.”

“Don’t tell me what to do. I will oblige this time since that was a good idea. I expect more quality content like this in the future,” Tony said as he rewired the guardbot. After a few minutes it beeped back to life and went back to its patrol. “Anyways follow me. I downloaded a map of the facility from our earlier victim.”

Phantom and Hana took out their dagger and leafblade respectively and followed Tony out the door leaving Kris and Grin momentarily alone in the room. They looked at each and nodded, a silent understanding passing between the two of them, before following the others out the door.

Date: April 13th, 1264
    Mapache had told Gladis about Knuckles’ personality disorder. Two beings inhabited the single body. One of them, Knuckles, was easygoing, punny, and a tactical thinker and fighter. The other, Wolf, was more savage and out for blood. Of the two, Wolf was the better fighter, but this came at the cost of battle tactics. While Knuckles would try to analyze the situation beforehand, Wolf would simply charge in and do as much damage as he could before being disabled.

Gladis watched as Wolf threw aside his punchline. “It has been a while since that bastard Knuckles has let me out,” he snarled. “Now who’s the lucky bastard I’m killing today?”

Gladis pointed at Sprasle, “That would be him.”

The white wolf laughed, “Your funeral, brown man.”

“Brown wolf,” Wolf corrected him. “Call me brown man one more time asshat, and this will get very messy.”

“Show me. Brown man,” Sprasle taunted. The white wolf barely had a second to chuckle before Wolf had rushed over to him and punched him across the jawline. The blow made Sprasle head fall back. Blood started to drip from where he had been hit due to the knuckle blades on Wolf’s fingers. Sprasle licked the blood staining his pink tongue red, “Not bad. Finally a human who can put up a fight. It has been some time since I’ve bled.”

Wolf snorted, “Don’t act so tough. You couldn’t fight your way out of a wet paper bag, let alone against a functioning living being.”

“Oh really?” Sprasle asked. “Looks like I’m going to have my work cut out teaching this one some humility!” The white wolf charged as Wolf braced himself.

Gladis took the chance to clear himself out of the way. The archer didn’t want to be caught in between their fight. This was certainly about to get very messy. He ran inside the house as Sprasle pounced on Wolf, exerting all of the weight behind his massive body against his opponent. Wolf fell back, onto the ground of the backyard. He threw a right hook at Sprasle’s face, but the white wolf reeled his head back to dodge the blow.

His bow drawn, Gladis watched through the window as they clashed. He would be ready as soon as an opening appeared. He noticed a set of stairs behind him and decided to climb up so he could have a better view of not just the fight in the backyard, but of the surrounding areas.

Outside, Wolf and Sprasle continued to wrestle on the ground. Wolf had one hand occupied keeping Sprasle’s mouth from biting his face off and the other hand parrying his blows. Wolf tried to throw the white wolf off of him, but Sprasle was too heavy and he only succeeded in turning them sideways.

Using his legs, Wolf kicked Sprasle in the stomach, and pushed him back several feet before the white wolf could retaliate. He hopped onto his feet and glared at his opponent. “Not bad,” Sprasle said as he glared at Wolf. “You are much more interesting than the others I have defeated and devoured.”

“You eat your enemies? Looks like we have something in common,” Wolf chuckled.

“Well that escalated quickly,” Sprasle commented before lunging at Wolf. The man could do little as Sprasle pinned him down. He quickly grabbed a nearby flower pot and stuffed it inside Sprasle’s mouth to keep the white wolf from biting his face off. Dirt and flower roots rained from the broken pot, covering Wolf’s face in dirt. “Next time stuff yourself into my mouth,” Sprasle growled.

“Fuck off,” Wolf snapped. “Knuckles said it was organic.”

The white wolf shuddered as an arrow pierced through his shoulder. He wheeled around, allowing Wolf to get up, looking for the source and saw Gladis aiming at him from the second floor window of the house. Sprasle slashed at Wolf’s face leaving three long slashes on his face and making him stumble backwards before charging into the house, towards Gladis, “Next time think twice before interfering, Gladis! I’m coming for you!”

Wolf licked the blood from his the cuts on his face and took chase after the white wolf as Gladis grinned from his position and adjusted the dials on his bow. The weapon transformed into the pebble encrusted sword he had used against Phantom in the final round of the tournament. If only he had won, then they could have easily repelled Sprasle and his wolf pack, but he was grateful nonetheless for the support Mapache had given him.

His musings were interrupted as Sprasle smashed through the door of the room. The small barricade he had made earlier had done little to keep the white wolf out. Gladis swiped his sword in Sprasle’s direction sending pebbles speeding towards his opponent. Sprasle braced himself, and the pebbles landed against him, leaving small bruises, but no serious damage. Wolf came in at that moment and tackled Sprasle into Gladis and into the window, shattering the glass. The trio went falling out.

Wolf landed harshly on his head, knocking him out. Gladis and Sprasle got up and glared at each other. Sprasle pounced on Gladis and bit into his hand. Gladis screamed, letting go of his sword. It landed on the floor. Sprasle quickly picked it up in his teeth growled,“Good luck fighting without your favorite weapon.”

“He won’t have to!” a voice called. Gladis and Sprasle turned around and saw Mapache run into the backyard flanked by Tom Skips and her other hired swords. “Give up, Sprasle,” she demanded. “The rest of your pack has been defeated.”

“As if,” Sprasle said, the sword’s hilt still in his mouth. He bit down onto the hilt with his teeth, cracking the dialpad and stabbed it into Gladis’ belly.

Tom Skips hissed and used his powers to send a small dust storm in Sprasle’s direction but the white wolf dodged and jumped over the backyard fence. “Don’t let him escape!” Mapache ordered as she went to check on Gladis. Wolf, Tom Skips and the others left the backyard in pursuit of Sprasle as she inspected Gladis’ wound.

“Looks like I fucked myself up pretty bad huh,” Gladis commented.

“Just shut up,” Mapache said as she pulled the sword out of his stomach, causing him to wince in pain. “Save your energy. The others are tracking Sprasle down right now. In the meantime, let’s get you to the hospital.”

“Sounds good,” Gladis said as he passed out. The last thing he heard as the darkness took him was Mapache screaming his name.

Date: April 14th, 1264
    Chad Fantine’s message still rung in Paqo’s head as he scaled the reddish brown cliff bordering Dila Falls: letting your guard down was a death trap. The waterfall echoed noisely in the chasm behind him. He had come a long way in just a few days to seek out his next opponent. Losing against Orion in the tournament had taught him a valuable lesson. A trend he hoped to continue.

The day after Phantom and Hana had left he had approached Chad Fantine for advice. The old man had told him a story of a powerful man who lived in Dila Falls. A man with five hearts who had lived for over a thousand years, a lifespan rivaling that of the Ancients. His legacy was littered with greatness.

A child awaited Paqo when he reached the top of the cliff. He looked up from his task when he saw Paqo, “I am Jacob Wahima. Why are you here?”

“I have come to seek the presence of the one who lives here,” Paqo said. “Take me to him, young one.”

Jacob bristled at being called a child. He was 24 years old and smart as fuck, but his appearance indicated otherwise. If only that time traveling witch hadn’t meddled in his life. “I’m actually 24, but that’s fine. A lot of people seem to be coming through here recently.”

“My apologies,” Paqo said, hoping he hadn’t offended him too much. “Will you take me to him though?”

“I will,” Jacob replied. “He’s been knee deep in studies lately, but I’m sure there’s some time for visitors. Follow me.” Jacob gestured Paqo into the cavern behind him.

Paqo nodded and let Jacob lead the way. This was it; this man he was looking for had the potential to change everything. Marc Polaris was waiting.

Authors Notes
    Cast:
    - Wanze Plozoh = Plozoh FTW
    - Marc Polaris = Marco Polo
    - Jacob Wahima = Jawahib
    Thanks to Red and Grin for proofreading.

G12, Red, Sprasle and 5 others like this.
  5. Grin

The Fool
    Expand Collapse

lol

This is my favorite chapter in a while. I told you that before, but I want everyone to know I think so.

im a narcissist

Christina Choi likes this.
  6. Marco Polo

monkey d. chadmin
    Administrator Member of the Year 2018
    Expand Collapse

Ya boi Marc Polaris is on tha SCENE
    A legacy littered with greatness, I like that

@Jawahib you are also on the scene

7. Wolf

Harbringer of Reality
    First Mate
    Expand Collapse

Looks like all the "Roast Me" contest is playing off well for you xDD

8. Skivar

First Mate
    Expand Collapse

“Weren’t you wondering why I set up shop in the Bane of Skivar, specifically here?” Plozoh asked.
    “I don't care so no, not really,” Cade muttered irritably, “But I guess you’re going to tell me anyways.”
    Plozoh nodded and opened the trunk.

Let the speculations about what's in that box begin!

Red and Twelve like this.
  9. Wolf

Harbringer of Reality
    First Mate
    Expand Collapse

It must be something out of the box ;) could it be..........
    Dildo Baggins??? The estranged son of Bilbo baggins and Esmeralda Brandybuck, who was born because of a wild night of passionate mistakes?

10. Twelve

NSFW
    Captain
    Expand Collapse

:iwonder: I'm guessing it's...another box xD
    Is it the body of Skivar? Is it a person? Is it a record of what happened in that place? Is it T0N1 and M1M1's love chi---errr robot child? :O

Okay. That's how limited my imagination is. :(

11. Grin

The Fool
    Expand Collapse

The third spambot, V4runj1ts1ngh242794!

12. Marco Polo

monkey d. chadmin
    Administrator Member of the Year 2018
    Expand Collapse

Marc Polaris' 5th heart
    Bufford's chicken
    A bong for Cade to smoke from
    @sweetjacky
    The spirit of Christmas?

13. Chaudfontaine

Chaudinante Fontamingo
    Member of the Season Super Moderator Member of the Year 2017
    Expand Collapse

The concept of thinking, so cade can think outside the box

14. sweetjacky

Doggie Mom
    Administrator
    Expand Collapse

What's with me?

Marco Polo likes this.
  15. Skivar

First Mate
    Expand Collapse

Nothing, just go back to working on your mixtape :P

16. AkainuWrrshiprr

One f*cked up Canuck
    Expand Collapse

#436 AkainuWrrshiprr, Dec 22, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2016
    As requested by Skivar boi:

Name: Yele the Bard
    Stuff about him: He's a bard that finds every excuse to sing or play his music. He's more knowledgeable than most. He likes food. He also doesn't handle cold weather very well.
    Weapons: longsword and small one-handed crossbow. He's a dual-hander.

Grin likes this.
  17. Monster Trio

青眼の究極竜
    Shichibukai Member of the Year 2015
    Expand Collapse

• Name: Monster3o (Monster Trio), nickname Monsta
    • Appearance: Not very tall, seems young, usually wears casual clothes. A remarkable thing being she has 3 heads. With each different appearances
      First head: Has dragon scales on it, but not very noticeable. Long red hair (matching the dragon description), and normal size eyes
      Second head: normal human head, with typical big anime girl eyes, and long dark hair
      Third head: Very similar to the first, but instead of red, it has blue hair.
    • Birth Date: Even though seems young, 777 years before the current time line.
    • Backstory: Ever since childhood, Monsta has a pretty tough life, with her 1000 years to live and her powers, she didn't have anything to complain though. She came from a village that all existed out of dragons with normal human bodies, but Monsta was special. She was the daughter of the village leader, and had 3 heads instead of the usual. Because of this, she was used for various of things, making her life very tough. In the end, after g, she decided to run away, and up till today, is still being chased by villagers sent out by the leader, her dad. She hopes to be left alone, and live a happy life in the society of Aporia. (sorry I'm bad with back stories.. Or stories overall xD)
    • Role: Whatever will help you in the story. Be it a protagonist/helper/antagonist etc...
    • Weapons/Skills: Each one of the heads has a special power, all offensive. To make it easier order same as with appearances
      First head: If it wasn't clear already, it breaths fire, like a dragon.
      Second head: Attacks with anime girl screams. Such as *kyaaaa* or *iyaaaaa*, this one can also be used offensive, since after a heroine's scream the guy always comes to help... I hope at least
      Third head: Breaths ice. (ezpz)

Grin and Marco Polo like this.
  18. Skivar

First Mate
    Expand Collapse

Aporia Expanded Universe will be coming soon to the OPF. Our very own @Red will be writing a spin off story. Details will be unveiled in the next week or so. Stay tuned!

19. Skivar

First Mate
    Expand Collapse

Date: April 10th, 1264
    Wanze Plozoh calmy examined Cade Walker as he struggled in his restraints. Cade’s ability to conjure up physical manifestations that could interact with their environments intrigued him. He had deduced from his examinations that the source of Cade’s abilities was the stuff that he smoked: shuva. Plozoh had taken some of the shuva from Cade and stored it in his reserves to examine it later.

M1M1 rolled up angrily behind him, “They somehow managed to escape from their cells. This is ridiculous! I’ve already sent the guard bots after them.”

The doctor patted M1M1 on the head, “Good work, M1M1.”

“You’re not going to catch them,” Cade said. “With Phantom and Hana awake this time, there is no way you’ll stop ‘em. We have the situation on lock.”

“On lock?” Plozoh asked.

Cade rolled his eyes. Old people really sucked at picking up slang. “It means, we’re gonna win,” he explained.

“Oh really?” Plozoh asked. “I think this is going to turn out very differently for one core reason.” He pointed at Cade for emphasis, “You.”

“Me?” Cade asked.

“Yes, you,” Plozoh repeated. “As long as I have you with me, your friends will not be going anywhere. I think they will attempt you rescue you will they not? And even if they do somehow make it in here, I have you hostage and my trump card.”

“What kinda trump card can handle a member of the Kingsguard, and the same girl who defeated Paqo of the Wu Tang Temple?” Cade asked. “Face it, Plozoh, you’re done. You ain’t going to find Tony. You’re not gonna keep us captive. You are going to lose.”

“In that case,” Plozoh pulled out a long needle. “I should prepare for the worst case scenario.” Cade winced as Plozoh extracted blood from his shackled arm. The doctor also made sure to pluck several pieces of hair from his head and placed the DNA samples he collected in his briefcase. “You asked about my trump card, yes?”

“Yeah,” Cade grumbled.

“Well,” Plozoh said, walking over to a large human-sized trunk next to his desk. “Weren’t you wondering why I set up shop in the Bane of Skivar, specifically in Skivar’s tomb?”

“I don’t care so not really,” Cade muttered irritably, “But I guess you’re going to tell me anyways.”

Plozoh nodded and opened the trunk, revealing a human body covered from head to toe in cybernetics inside of it. “Before he died, Skivar transformed himself into a cyborg and possessed a mind that was able to counter the Owl King himself. It took the combined wraths of the Bane and the Owl King to do him in. When you combine that mind with the physical might of a robotic body, the possibilities are endless.

Cade watched in horror at the cyborg lying in the sarcophagus, “How did you do this?”

“With science and patience, anything is possible. I have yet to fully restore his mind, but his body is something I can still work with.” Plozoh pressed a button and Skivar’s eyes glowed purple as he rose from the sarcophagus and glared at Cade Walker.

Author's Notes
    Wanted to give you guys something to munch on for the holiday weekend as the chapter won't be done on time. Hope ya'll enjoy this sneak peek and have a good holiday season :)

Wolf, Grin and Twelve like this.
  20. Skivar

First Mate
    Expand Collapse

Gonna share the Secret Santa lore here as well. Shoutout to @sweetjacky who was my match. Enjoy fam:

Name: Jaqine Kiyama
    History: Jaqine was a prominent figure in the Old World. After Mohamar Yezadi sacrificed himself to ensure the success of the Great Migration to Aporia, Jaqine became the first queen of the Aporian people. Her reign lasted for only 10 years. During this time, Jaqine oversaw the building of the infrastructure, treaties with the local races, and much more. Jaqine also set the precedent of rulers communicating with the order of the Ancients before making major decisions that impacted the people. Eventually Jaqine, passed away due to deteriorating health caused, in part, over her guilt in being unable to save the society of the Old World.
    Legacy: Despite her untimely death, Jaqine was remembered fondly by most who knew her. Marc Polaris, Owl King, amongst others preserved her legacy. Marc Polaris in particular, greatly misses Jaqine and regrets his lust for power in his youth harming their relationship. Personal relationships aside, Jaqine’s history is a mandatory topic in most Aporian history classes and her early policies as the first queen of Aporia are commonly credited as holding the society together for over a thousand years until the dawn of the Schism Wars.
    Skills: Master politician and strategist / artist / warrior / dragon rider
    Accomplishments: Founded the first incarnation of The Artists’ Guild (TAG) / First queen of Aporia

Grin and sweetjacky like this.