1. OPF's 2nd One Piece Character Popularity Poll has arrived! Vote NOW!
  2. Participate in the OPForum's Secret Santa HERE!
  3. We have a NEW subforum for Dr. Stone! Check it out!
  4. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!
  5. As a final farewell gift to our beloved creator, we're planning to make a "thank you" video. If you'd like to be involved, you can read more here.
  6. Vote now for the Monthly PAW October 2019!

OPF Secret Santa 2019

Discussion in 'Creative Zone' started by Chaudfontaine, Nov 5, 2019.

1. Chaudfontaine

Rudolfontaine
    Super Moderator Member of the Year 2017
    Expand Collapse

#1 Chaudfontaine, Nov 5, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2019 at 2:20 PM
    Spooktober went by. Halloween was fun but now we are in the darkest days of the year. In this grey period, a human can get cold.

Thats why we want spark the fire inside the people with some forum event!

[​IMG]

The concept of this wonderful and delightful event is pretty simple. You subscribe, yes you, by writing here in the thread a few things about yourself, things that you like, stuff that you destest, good intentions, bad habits you want to loose, whatever. Enough for your future secret person to get to know you so you will get a nice gift.

So, you have subscribed. You habe written down your personal information. You wait. You will get a pm with the person you will have to make a gift for. Probably around the end of november. Before the deadline you'll send that gift to the biggest santa in town who will distribute the gift.

But this year we will do it different. This year, I am planning to be the rudolph. So besides admissions for the gifts I am also looking for a dude or dudette who is willing to dress up like a friendly bearded person. This person should be willing to read the admissions, keep the deadlines, send the pm's and ofcourse distributes the gifts. S/he will be responsible for the event and I (and @sweetjacky maybe) will help where needed and possible. And ofcourse you will get a nice new (temporary) banner.

Edit: thanks santa @Deathbloke ! Xoxo

So to conclude:
    I need submissions, here in the thread. The more, the merrier (get it, merry)

XOXO
    Rudolfontaine

Q: Is this like the Secret Valentine but on Christmas?
    A: Yes.

Q: B-B-But I have a boy/girlfriend on the forum, can I have his name, and he/she mine?
    A: Maybe. It’s fun to swing sometimes

Q: Oh my Higher Being, I want to scream of rooftops who I am making my gift for.
    A: Don't. Marco will ban you if you do, right @Marco Polo ?

Q: I don’t know anything about my Christmas, what should I make?
    A: Get creative, or absolutely not. There is this thing called Abstract Art, everything can be something if you really wish for it. I mean just put something behind a green and red background and you have something christmasy.

Q: But I really don't know anything...
    A: poems, loveletters, a song, a videomessage, a drawing, a handmade sweater, a donation to the forum, songs, a complete manga, the ending of One Piece theory, post its, the promise that you will recycle so th earth will turn into a better place, .... GOOD NOW?

Q: Did you let this monster full of mistakes proofread?
    A: No.

Q: why can't you sticky this on top of the forum, like the voting for spring member of the season 2018?
    A: I'm Rudolfontaine, not an admin but maybe elf marco or elf sweetjacky can work their magic.

Q: Is this the exact same thread as last year?
    A: No, I just copied the FAQs. Doofus.

2. Robin-Senpai Is The Best

Double Keeper ~ White & Black Twin Birds
    Captain
    Expand Collapse

Likes: Robin (waifu), Touhou (favorites include Mokou, Yuyuko, Yukari, and Yuuka), Len'en (I like all the characters in this series)
    Dislikes: Most of my dislikes are food-related and I'm pretty sure no one is going to cook food for an online gift exchange

3. Chaudfontaine

Rudolfontaine
    Expand Collapse

Say hello to your fabulous good looking santa @Deathbloke xoxo and don't forget to sub!

Deathbloke likes this.
  4. Juggy

Helmsman
    Expand Collapse

Beautiful event, but unfortunately like last year, I cannot commit myself to maximum extent due to work duties. Thus, I won't participate. Have fun people :)

5. sweetjacky

Doggie Mom
    Administrator Member of the Season
    Expand Collapse

You gonna join now?

6. Chaudfontaine

Rudolfontaine
    Expand Collapse

yes

I like a lot.

Epic wallpapers (I need a new one)
    Overwatch (buy me ow2 pls)
    Bunch of animes and mangas and manwhas (sololevling and windbreaker are above godtier)
    Some classy nsfw stuff is possible, don't send me noods pls
    A lot of different kinds of music
    being around here and other interwebzz

dislike
    lazy stuff

7. sweetjacky

Doggie Mom
    Expand Collapse

Please note that this list is more for people who don't know me well enough. Otherwise please make a gift based on what you already know about me :P There's soooo much more stuff I like!

anime (for example Clannad After Story, Hunter x Hunter, Kimetsu no Yaiba, Dororo, Made in Abyss
    manga (for example One Piece, Boku no Hero Academia, Dr Stone, Black Butler, shoujo stuff)
    video games (for example Witcher 3, Horizon Zero Dawn, Zelda franchise, Persona 5)
    books
    animals (for example dragons, wolves, cats, dogs, pandas)
    webtoons (for example Tower of God, Lumine, Noblesse)
    Pokemon, Digimon
    Funko Pops
    Rock music, especially Volbeat

Dislikes:
    Doflamingo, Akainu
    Harem or excessive ecchi
    Rap music
    Peas
    Most filler characters

8. Deathbloke

chaud is my pet reindeer
    Event Host Captain
    Expand Collapse

Ok, I should inform you guys that you have until the 6th of December to subscribe to the event and take part in the beautiful gift exchange. After that, I'll PM each one of you with the name of the member that you have to make a gift for :)

9. sweetjacky

Doggie Mom
    Expand Collapse

I thought we'd get more time to make the gifts. Wasn't that the reason to start it so early?

10. Deathbloke

chaud is my pet reindeer
    Event Host Captain
    Expand Collapse

Two weeks are not enough?

11. sweetjacky

Doggie Mom
    Expand Collapse

Definitely not. Making something takes way more time than signing up. Sure, some people might have time and make something really quick but others take longer because they're a bit busy, especially around Christmas time. For example PAW is a month long and I get submissions in the last few days because they didn't have the time before.

12. Deathbloke

chaud is my pet reindeer
    Event Host Captain
    Expand Collapse

If you want to make something you do it on time, it's just priorities, you just don't care enough, but whatever

UPDATE: The deadline changes to the 29th of November, to give you guys more time to make your gifts.

13. sweetjacky

Doggie Mom
    Expand Collapse

Well I guess I don't care enough then. Maybe I just shouldn't join in then?

I was actually giving a reasonable explanation but your response just pissed me off. I was really excited for this event and so far I participated every year because I love making someone happy with a gift. The thing is just that me (and others) are busy with life stuff but still want to join this event and need more time to make a gift. So don't go telling me I don't care. I see that you think more people will sign up if there's more time to sign up but have you thought about the possibility that there's people who think that they can't sign up because two weeks doesn't give them enough time to make something?

I'm sorry for ranting but I really don't like getting such a comment after I just tried to give some advice.

14. Krazy

DR. TEDDY
    Navigator
    Expand Collapse

Don't think this was meant in a way that you don't care, but more in general said. I mean, deadlines are always a pain in the ass, because everyone just tends to do it on the last day, just consider buying the gifts for your family, most people do it on the last day because that's where they have some free days of work, school etc.

I mean, people should know if they want to participate and invest the time into buying, making or whatever gifts for someone on the forum. If you participate, you should also take your time and get it done, because deadlines are set and most people also know how much time you got to doing things,if not,I guess scheduling your stuff would help, because it definitely increases the productivity of your life. Participating and not getting it done is a no go on my side, if I participated, I'd get it done if I had to stay all night up, but that's just me.

In worst case scenario, you or anyone else could send their gifts a bit later, don't think anyone would get mad or disappointed about it...just send them a nice warm message, be happy, enjoy and don't stress because it's useless. Love ya all.

Anyways, I have no experience with this Event and can't give any advice on it like @sweetjacky , but I don't think you should be angry about @Deathbloke , don't think he meant you there.

Deathbloke likes this.
  15. Deathbloke

chaud is my pet reindeer
    Event Host Captain
    Expand Collapse

#15 Deathbloke, Nov 9, 2019 at 8:28 AM
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2019 at 8:46 AM
    I'm glad you're joining and I extended the deadline so you can make your gift in time. My opinion is just that when you want to have time, you make some, I mean I believe it's impossible in a 24 hour period to not have a single hour to work on a gift, which as you said you love doing, so it's not work, you're just doing something you love on your free time. As I told you, everyone has priorities and that's completely fine. It's not wrong to want to read a manga chapter instead of working on a gift and I won't tell you how to do things in your life obviously xD. Of course you want to make a gift, I didn't mean to say you don't care about the event, I know you do. I didn't want to piss off anyone, I just presented my opinion. I'm fine with extending the deadline even more if you want me to, I'm just a believer of "you can always make time for something if it is important to you". I'm sorry for pissing you off, if you need more time to prepare, just give me a heads up.

P.S. I have to mention I had drunk a few shots when I replied yesterday, I should have elaborated more on this before it strayed so much.

16. Chaudfontaine

Rudolfontaine
    Expand Collapse

Zanekin and Edinbour like this.
  17. Grin

Hagane no Moonsault
    Member of the Year 2016 Shichibukai
    Expand Collapse

Edinbour and Chaudfontaine like this.
  18. sweetjacky

Doggie Mom
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for talking about this properly. I understand your reasoning better now but honestly, I still think people are more likely to make something if they get more time. Of course I can just speak for myself but even if I really wanna do something sometimes it's hard to get it done. I work shifts which is tiring sometimes and I got a puppy which needs attention and I got a boyfriend far away whom I want to spend time with as well so yeah, making time can be harder than you think.

But in the end, even with all this I love this community, I love this event so I want to give something back to it and make someone happy with a gift. So far I always submitted and I can probably do it with a bit less time too but having a week longer just makes it a tad easier. Maybe I'm just selfish though lol. But last year we also started with the gift making at the end of November and I think it was good that way. Maybe it sounded like I wanted to tell you how to do things but really just wanted give some advice as someone who joined this event every year.

Marco Polo and Deathbloke like this.
  19. Yeah You

|Patrick|
    First Mate
    Expand Collapse

Ok I am in but I am a bit confused on how this works.

Likes: Books, and I can't think of anything else for now, but I'll edit this post in a bit.

Dislikes: Akainu and Blackbeard, ok I can't think of anything else too. Used too much brain cells yesterday.

20. sweetjacky

Doggie Mom
    Expand Collapse

So basically now that you signed up for the event you have to wait until the 29th of November. After that @Deathbloke will draw the matches, send you a name and you can start making a gift for that person. I'm not sure what the deadline for the gifts is but you have to pm Deathbloke with the gift before the deadline ends and on Christmas he pm's everyone who participated with the gifts.

Chaudfontaine and Yeah You like this.