1. The results of the Member of the Year voting are in... Find out who won!
  2. The first PAW of the year... Check it out!
  3. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

Pet

Discussion in 'Anime Series' started by Kia, Jan 7, 2020.

1. Kia

Kia
    “Don’t try to find a reason for somebody’s love.”
    Supernova Member of the Year 2019
    Expand Collapse

Original title
    pet(ペット)
    Premiere
    January 6, 2020
    Official website
    pet-anime.com
    Official twitter
    @pet_anime
    Hashtags
    #pet_anime
    Pet
    [​IMG]

type
    TV
    source
    Manga
    episodes
    run time
    24 min
    ※ NOTE: First two episodes stream on Amazon Prime Video prior to broadcast

There are people who can get into people's mind and control their memories. This power is used to eradicate mysteries and cases or worse, to assassinate. The potential of the said power is strong enough that it is able to destroy people's mind, however, can backfire and eat up their own heart. To counter it, chains are used to lock and protect each other's weak and dangerous heart. From one's growing fear and disdain, they're consequently called as a "Pet."

[Source: MAL News]

https://sganime.org/category/pet/

2. Kia

Kia
    Expand Collapse

I don’t remember if I said that I was going to watch this but it definitely caught my eye as soon as I read the description. I was not disappointed from the start. Before they got to the opening credits, I was sucked in. I look forward to this and am glad that I didn’t see the teasers until afterwards. I’m also glad that I looked at the one and part of the other as I was considering adding them to this thread. I think it was better not to do so and watch the first episode cold. It was good. I really want to watch the mind games unfold.

@Marco Polo I know that I said that Oresuki was mind games but read the description of this one and watch this first episode. Tell me this doesn’t redeem me. ^_^ Though it might be a bit dark for you? I’m not sure.

@Leandro I don’t know if there’s going to be an antihero like The Punisher or not but they’re not afraid to get dark right away and I’m pretty sure that was pools of red blood. ^_^

3. Leandro

I hate every haters of the anime in my avatar
    Captain
    Expand Collapse

Pools of red blood is not what i'm looking for.
    Like @Seiryu said it is not popular on Japan.
    I give up LOL

4. Kia

Kia
    Expand Collapse

Defeats the purpose of me using a spoiler tag if you’re gonna just quote me directly. I know you want a lot of things more common in US comics than typical SJ manga based shows. I was just trying to be helpful. You’ve repeatedly complained about the censorship of blood before and things being unnecessarily bland or watered down. I thought you could give it a try because it’s interesting and dark. But whatever works for you. *shrug*

5. GoldenVenus

I shall rise
    Navigator
    Expand Collapse

I watched the first episode and it looks promising, but let's hope they'll be able to deliver the story. I totally have no idea what this is going to be about aside from the fact that the main characters possess the 'mind control ability' (or whatever it's called), and they do jobs like assassinate people, and cover up crimes, maybe? But I'll watch the next episode and see where things are going.

Kia likes this.
  6. Kia

Kia
    Expand Collapse

I think it’ll be good. Check out the PV videos on livechart now that you’ve seen the first episode, if you want more of a teaser? They look really good, or what I saw of them did. I didn’t want too much spoiler-y stuffs so I only watched one and a half of them (don’t remember which ones). Should be different, if nothing else. I’m pretty sure we haven’t really gotten into the story yet because there’s people who have those powers and use them in all walks of life, most likely? We’ll probably follow character development of several types of such people based on how it started and ended. That’s just my thoughts though.

GoldenVenus likes this.
  7. GoldenVenus

I shall rise
    Navigator
    Expand Collapse

Btw that 'chest licking' scene caught me off guard lmao :tearsofjoy: I was like, wow they took fanservice to another level XD

Kia likes this.
  8. Kia

Kia
    Expand Collapse

Oh! I forgot about that! He was having so many issues right then that it blended in but yeah... first the wet t-shirt thing and them on the floor together but I was so into the story that I failed as a fujoshi. I noticed but didn’t focus on it too much. Like part of my brain went “I wonder if those two are a couple” but the rest of it was too into the story. :O

GoldenVenus likes this.
  9. GoldenVenus

I shall rise
    Navigator
    Expand Collapse

My fujoshi eyes and mind never let anything slip :tearsofjoy: Jokes aside, the plot does look promising. It has a darker tone, which might not be everyone's cup of tea, but I'm already bored with what most current animes have to offer (except for a few) so I'm giving this a try.

Kia likes this.
  10. Leandro

Captain
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for trying to help.
    It's all about a genre of anime i would like them to have but they don't have and in my opinion it could be because weapons are forbiden in Japan and they censor this in animes so a vigilante anime will never exist.:anguished:
    It's sad because MadHouse did a great work with Black Lagoon,i could see the bullet cases hitting the ground with such detail...
    But now Rei Hiroe is into fantasy again:ragecry:
    They allways have to repeat the same genres to make me suffer.
    NOT FAIR!

11. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

Well, one positive side of all these streaming stuff is that there is access to the "unpopular" series. All the mainstream stuff follows common themes, plots, comedic effects, etc. Based on out discussions, you sound like you would really like some of the non-mainstream anime. If anything, the people in this thread of @Kia and @GoldenVenus are the people to ask on what they use.

12. Leandro

Captain
    Expand Collapse

They can't help if there is nothing like that.
    The only anime with guns without censorship is Black Lagoon but it isn't exactly vigilante justice like i want.
    There are no animes of some character who lost his family because of gangsters and he is out there like a one man army killing everyone of them with guns,knives and beatings and no superpowers.
    They want robots,they want demons,they want humans with powers,they want slice of life,fantasy,horror...
    Most characters with superpowers on animes are weaker in their stories than human heros.
    Their fighting performance is deplorable in most cases,they should be eating peanuts instead of fighting.
    Even Hollywood today doesn't have vigilante stories anymore,they only have raccoons,teddy bears and those superheros wearing ridiculous costumes.
    I won't even try that thing called Joker,it doesn't matter how many Oscars it can earn!
    Very annoying.

13. Kia

Kia
    Expand Collapse

Back on topic
    This was good. I’m really enjoying the dynamics between the characters. I didn’t expect that the kid from the beginning was going to be the blonde. It does seem as if the main characters are having some moral difficulties though. I do want to know about this “company”. I’m also curious as to what sorts of impacts the changes they made in his peak are going to have. Isn’t the first rule not to change peaks and valleys? I mean, sure he’s alive but at what cost to his existence?

Also, isn’t the opening song by the same folks that did Psycho-Pass? I need to look it up. It has the same feel.

@Leandro There's totally vigilante stories and ones that deal with how Japan controls violence and exposure to it, etc. that aren’t stuck in super powers. Psycho-Pass is one of them. Well maybe it’s too cerebral for you but it’s very violent, serial killer, gets to vigilantes as it goes on as a response to the entire messed up system. But it’s about normal humans. Yes it goes to the future so they add in technology but there’s still regular weapons at play. *shrug* there’s probably others. I mean even Beautiful Bones is a vigilante story but not a violent one.

14. Leandro

Captain
    Expand Collapse

Thank you very much for your help.
    I still have a problem with that anime...
    I tried to watch the first episode of Psycho Pass and all that talking was boring.
    Production IG was the studio who worked on it,i saw animes from them and i think they suck because the stories they choose are from boring mangas.
    The only anime i found who was really about guns was Black Lagoon but that was gang wars and a guy who was idle between some criminals because he wasn't a criminal,MadHouse is divine.
    Rei Hiroe still has my respect for doing something almost similar to what i love but the story was a failure in the market so no more.
    A story built exactly like i want is impossible.
    In Japan they don't make those stories because they don't sell.
    I sleep watching romance and drama.
    I hate heros with powers specially in shounen who don't evolve and get beatings everytime,most of them actually are like that and mangakas think it's good for the story because it sells more.
    While stuff like One Piece,Naruto or Shingeki no Kyojin can sell they will keep spamming that.
    I hate too many plot twists.
    I hate horror stories.
    I hate plot armor abuse.
    I love martial arts,sword fights and lots of shooting (one man army type).
    These stories are out of fashion even in Hollywood!
    They are nothing more than Marvel's fantasy bitches.
    Only comedy mixed with ecchi is entertainning too me now when it comes to anime.
    Today it's rare to find those.
    Animes like Samurai Champloo are not popular any more.:(:(
    They killed their own culture in their art because it was violent and they never thought about anime fans like me.
    If this keeps going one days anime would be the same garbage like The Simpsons and Family Guy.
    Nobody can understand my frustration about this so i can only tell these are my real feelings and i'm sorry to get you bored with my complains.:cry:

15. Kia

Kia
    Expand Collapse

I haven’t watched Darker than Black but I’ve heard good things about it. I’m sure you’ve seen all the versions of Afro Samurai. The show about young Nobunaga was good a few seasons ago but might’ve had too much talking for you. Did you watch Btooom! ? Comedy mixed with ecchi? Well there’s plenty of shows with that. You can watch Oresuki. Or Overcautious Hero, or Dumbbell Nan Kilo Moteru.

16. Leandro

Captain
    Expand Collapse

#16 Leandro, Jan 20, 2020 at 12:35 PM
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2020 at 12:55 PM
    I watched Darker than Black and it wasn't that good.
    Btoom was nice.
    Overcautious hero was hilarious,i told in my status and you said no:D
    The others i don't know,i need to try.
    A pet for the characters of Pet
    transferir (2).jpeg

17. Kia

Kia
    Expand Collapse

This is a really messed up show!! The way that they’re starting to portray the relationship between these two is unhealthy AF. Like dude does not view Hotomi as an autonomous person at all. I’ve had a pet human before but it was his choice. This is not even close to the same thing at all and there’s zero respect being shown. All I see is manipulative behavior. Granted I still want to watch the growth and progress. Plus even the bad guys draw you in so I’m going to keep watching. Just the angst of these guys is urg. But I do wanna see what went down with the guy from the very beginning of the first episode and how Satomi handles things.