1. Check out our latest video "One Piece Discussion: Wano Hype!" and discuss it with us!
  2. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

Possible straw hat members post WCI

Discussion in 'One Piece General' started by Kakarot1221, Apr 25, 2018.

1. Kakarot1221

Expand Collapse

Okay so far we have seen 8 people join the straw hats with common things : A fight involving the to-be member on their side. However Jimbei was an exception. And im guessing so will Katakuri. Katakuri , during his fight, admired Luffy's skills of staying up. Im guessing he was scared of Luffy due to his sudden awakening of future sight. But they fought and were on almost equal terms. In the end he grins to Brulee, who just says that she understands.
    Also pudding. Pudding has split personality and is literally torn over her feelings for sanji.
    Could she and Katakuri join the Straw Hats?

2. Judgement

Winners never quit, quitters never win.
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Interesting thought there. I personally don't think Kata will be joining the Strawhats for a number of reasons:

1. He's one of the greatest villains Luffy ever fought. It would be a shame to discharge that role, in my opinion.
    2. I don't think there will be joining a huge amount of members anymore before OP ends. Luffy indicated he wanted to have a 10-man (main) crew once and, even though that might eventually turn out to be a somewhat different number, I think that will be the final count of his main crew. Especially since we're at around 70% of the story, according to Oda.
    3. Storywise, I think he'd be stuck with Big Mom. Maybe, if Luffy defeats Big Mom, Kata could become an ally, but I don't see him joining the crew and sailing the seas with the Straw Hats on the Sunny (or some other ship they might end up with).

I also think Pudding will not join, because she plays a very specific role in this arc. You might say she's some kind of plot device. I think the way Oda finalised the relation between Sanji and Pudding also made clear that the two probably won't see each other again. I personally like that ending for them (because I like it when relations become that bit more real; heartbreak is also a part life and love)!

Although I gotta admit that I would like seeing Kata hoisting the Straw Hats' colours... :nomnom:

3. Kevz

Yuuzume’s little brother
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

This is interesting but if pudding joined sanji’s character would change he is

The cook who may never keep a relationship

4. Glaze D. Bacon

ゆーあーくーる
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Seeing how Pudding and Katakuri have been left behind by the Straw Hats, I won't say they'll join. But...why would anyone want Katakuri to join the Straw Hats when he has a commitment to serve his own mother?

5. camoramo24

Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

They will definitely play a huge role in the final time they take on BM pirates, but they won't join. Pudding has the best chance out of the 2

6. Kakarot1221

Expand Collapse

Wow, gotta say you put a lot of thought in this.
    i would love to see Katakuri hoisting Straw Hat colours.
    But i guess you are right.

Judgement likes this.
  7. Kakarot1221

Expand Collapse

Luffy has this way with people. I do understand your reasoning. But Luffy has turned so many people to his side many time in the past. Look at pekoms. He went Su Long for Luffy. He lifted Nico Robin's spirits in enies lobby, saved Nami in cocoyashi village etc etc...

8. Kakarot1221

Expand Collapse

Damn.
    I wanna see Dog Tooth with luffy.

9. Glaze D. Bacon

ゆーあーくーる
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Two out of three people you mentioned were because they were existing crewmates that Luffy needed to retrieve. A weaker member of the BMP like Pekoms would be more suited to aid Luffy, not a second-in-command like Katakuri, especially after they were in mortal combat with each other. They respected each other as warriors, not as crewmates or friends.

10. Kakarot1221

Expand Collapse

Man....
    I really like Dog Tooth. But i guess your right.

11. servo

Expand Collapse

I think member join SH when they have a realtion with Luffy , they follow captain not crew so Kata has a relation with luffy while Pudding has with sanji so Kata has more chnaces but I doubt he ever will

12. Zeek

Luffy's Grappling Coach
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Well where we're at in the manga there is really only a few options of who will or could join the Straw Hat Crew.

Jinbe - has essentially joined but is very annoyingly still delayed
    Prometheus - like it or not it's a sentient creature that is now with the Straw Hats and therefore has joined the crew
    Carrot - I still think she fits the crew so well. Just needs one really touching moment with Luffy and she is in the crew!

Now the the SH pirates are out of WCI I can't see anyone else who would maybe join. I firmly believe that the SHGF will continue to grow though.

13. Pacquiao8

8th Commander of the Straw Hat Grand Fleet
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

A female hatter, else, a powerful/formidable character interacted well with Luffy before timeskip.

14. TiedyEPIC

Expand Collapse

And bon clay!