1. Check out our latest video "One Piece Discussion: Wano Hype!" and discuss it with us!
  2. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

[Prediction] Losing the Vivre Card ends up saving Luffy's crew

Discussion in 'One Piece Theories' started by Yamanoki, Jul 15, 2018.

1. Yamanoki

Expand Collapse

tl;dr = title.

Luffy lost a Vivre Card in the most recent chapter during his ascent to Wano. If I recall correctly, that Vivre Card is for Rayleigh.

We know that BM and Kaidou are both plotting against Luffy. We also know that the World Gov't is going to have their eye on Wano because of the threat of BM and Kaidou meeting up, with the 'Rocks' pirate crew drama going around. Basically, there's a storm brewing where many of the powerful forces in the world are going to be eyeing Wano/Luffy, and the Strawhats are somehow either going to have to fight or escape from all of that.

However, Wano is notoriously difficult to get to, and with the shenanigans that Luffy's crew gets in to, it's possible that the forces hunting them will be stymied for a bit. Nonetheless, the Strawhats will need something to help them with so many threats closing in.

I hazard that the Vivre Card gets discovered by either the Marines or BM/Kaidou's crew, and since it was dropped by Luffy who was riding the Thousand Sunny, they'll mistakenly assume it's a Vivre Card for Luffy that was dropped by someone else in the crew. They'll use it to track Luffy, not realizing that it actually points to Rayleigh whom is somewhere else in the world, and that will lead them astray enough to afford safe passage to Luffy's crew.

(if BM/Kaidou's alliance finds the card, it may also lead to a Rayleigh vs. BM/Kaidou fight, which I'm personally hoping to see)

2. War Hero From the Past

Expand Collapse

If what you predict actually happens (pretty witty prediction by the way, it seems probable enough), BM and Kaido would probably kill Rayleigh. This could lead to Luffy feeling guilty and taking a second time skip to train but probably as a crew this time. I could see them training for probably a much shorter period of time (like 6 months instead of 2 years) in the area where Marco currently is with the specific intention of becoming a strong enough pirate crew to defeat any crew than threatens them or their friends. Then I think the final part of the story will begin.

3. BooSheyt

Expand Collapse

That's pretty interesting if that would happen someday. But I don't think that BM and Kaidou would go and follow the vivre card themselves. And if they will do so, eventually they will notice that it is the wrong way for Luffy's location. Perhaps, Yonkos should use their power that's so called "Connection"

4. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

Good read as always. I forgot how many (relative to Luffy being the carefree and dunce-y guy he is) vivre cards he had (everyone also got Bepo's card from Law in order to regroup). So we'll see if Luffy lost them all or just one. On the flip side, if both were lost, the baddies can use Bepo's card to find the alliance.

I would disagree on Rayleigh getting killed though @War Hero From the Past . He's avoided capture for decades for a reason. He isn't dumb enough to get himself surrounded. He still has the speed to out swim a ship if needed (based on him swimming to Amazon Lily).

5. Pacquiao8

8th Commander of the Straw Hat Grand Fleet
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Vivre card would probably be used for Jinbe to locate Luffy and others. I think he will be the one who will recover it.

6. James geraghty

Expand Collapse

I don’t see how they would think it leads to luffy. No one saw he dropped it or even knew he had it except for the people closest to him.

So I don’t see how they can pick up a random vivre card and think it leads to luffy.

7. Pacquiao8

Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

We don't have that much information about vivre cards. However, we know that the homies (and I think Cracker and Brulee confirmed, correct me if I'm wrong) felt Empress Big Mom's "presence" from her vivre card. So I think it's possible for someone with a strong connection with Luffy can determine that it's his. If we are to use that reasoning, Jinbe finding it makes the most sense, aside from the fact that he might probably take the same route/path to Wano as the Sunny Team and that it is lost in a fluvial area.

8. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

Technically this is true, which is why most people write the name on the paper. The Big Mom part is the "soul" aspect (since it is made from her, it technically has a small part of her soul in it). However, since Luffy is dumb enough to announce his plans out loud, everyone knows he is going to Wano Kuni. Since most people aren't strong enough to try an invasion, everyone (including Hawkins) is just going to the rational inclusion that it has to be Luffy (no one else knows about the alliance yet).

9. bandurista24

Fifth Emperor
    Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

No way in hell rayleigh would be killed. Hes too smart. And posesses great haki. And about that second timeskip. I dunno i disagree to everyone who says something about 2nd timeskip. Why? They dont need it. Oda wont do the same thing twice. They wont be defeated and get separated again.

10. James geraghty

Expand Collapse

That is true and I did think of that while writing that comment. But I do think this is a big guess for the pirates to make.

Let’s say if kaido finds it I can’t really see him sending his full force after this paper or himself going because it could be anyone. Luffy isn’t the only player here. Law is involved and the minks. So kaido has to think smart and assum it could be anyone so I could see him sending one of his calamities after the vivre card and see where it goes.
    the thing is we don’t know what vivre card luffy had it could be leading to reyleigh, it could be his own opand I think he has one for law ? I can’t remember. It is weird that luffy goes looking for it straight away since he never really seemed to have cared about having a vivre card before.

One thing I do like is the idea of an vivre card being used against the designated person. Naomi did this with big mom but I mean more as in a consisted tracking device.

Years ago when that pirates of the Caribbean 2nd movie came out they did a concept when the lead role got a mark which allowed the kraken to constantly be able to chase after him.
    I would like to see this happen in one piece where a vivre card ends up in the wrong hands and luffy just has to deal with a consistent chase around the world

11. James geraghty

Expand Collapse

I could see Jinbei finding it but then I think does he really need it.
    I mean all he has to do is get to wano. Once he is there it won’t be long till he finds someone because all he has to do is follow the path of destruction of find a source of a large noise as luffy would likely cause some kind of alarm to go off.

I remember in dress Rosa they group that was after doffy made up a plan to sneak in and the second they turned around zoro turns back and sees luffy running full speed at the front gate screaming how he was going to beat doffy.

Luffy would make so much noise that Jinbei doesn’t need a tracking device of any kind he just needs to follow the noise.

12. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

I completely agree with this part (especially with the panel of mature Luffy realizing he can do nothing about it in the ocean). As for the Kraken/PoC movie, essentially that is possible if someone steals part of Luffy's vivre card (they may not know his exact location, but will always know his direction relative to their position). It serves the same purpose as some sort of cursed mark.

13. Polybotes

Weaklings can't pick their way of death.
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

But nobody saw Luffy dropping the Vivre card. How will they come to know it is something very important ?

14. Pacquiao8

Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

That's true, he doesn't need it. Straw Hats can re-group on their own. But it might be used as a tool just to speed-up his reunion.

15. Monkey D. Ruffy

Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

Wasn’t that the Vivre card from trafalga law? It was so they could meet in Wano Kuni.