1. As a final farewell gift to our beloved creator, we're planning to make a "thank you" video. If you'd like to be involved, you can read more here.
  2. Our One Piece User Tournament is back. Join the fun now!
  3. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

R1pp3r's cooking channel

Discussion in 'Cosplay & Misc' started by R1pp3r D. Pervert, Oct 4, 2013.

1. naruto

Legendary Hokage
    Expand Collapse

don't be sad.

2. R1pp3r D. Pervert

Unofficial forum mod
    Supernova
    Expand Collapse

One of my personal recipes, probably not found in any book or on website ;)
    P.S.: If anyone knows expression for this kind of potato in English, do share... i have no clue how its called or this style of making it,...fried isn't the correct word i believe.

Fried grated potatoes and pork steak in rich hunter's sauce Kcal: 580/portion

Time spent: [​IMG][​IMG]
    Difficulty: [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Ingredients: (for 4 people)
    - 4 pork steaks, roughly 150g each
    - 600g of potatoes
    - vegetable oil
    - 3 big onions
    - 50g of peas
    - 1 big carrot
    - 1 pickle
    - mushrooms (i've used 3x grass champignons and 3 chanterelle )
    - 2 ladles of stock (beef)
    - 2 bay leafs
    - 1/4 tea spoon majarom
    - 1/4 tea spoon thyme
    - 6 juniper berries
    - salt & pepper
    - 1 tea spoon paprika poweder
    - tea spoon of potato puree
    - tea spoon of flour
    - water
    - chives / parsley (for decoration)

Start with meat and sauce since it takes the longest time. Peel 2 onions and dice them. Take a bigger or wider pan and add roughly 5 spoons of oil and fry onions until golden color. At that point add diced mushrooms (which you washed before ofc) and let it fry for another 5-7 minutes.
    Take steaks and hammer them down a bit, then season them with salt and pepper. Add them into a pan and let them fry for about 3 minutes on each side so their color changes.
    Lower the heat, add 2dl of water and season the dish with thyme, majarom, bay leafs and juniper berries.
    Add chopped or diced carrot and peas.
    Let it simmer for roughly 50 minutes. At this point I usually add another 1-2dl of hot water, but its up to you, if you want more sauce. Add diced pickle and continue simmering for another 15-20 minutes. Check if meat is done from time to time with help of a fork,... you want nice and soft steak which can almost separate with a fork.
    Remove the steaks and finish the sauce. In a small bowl mix flour and tomato puree with a little water. Mix it into the sauce and let it simmer for another 5 minutes. Done

While meat was cooking prepare potatoes. Wash them and start cooking them (unpeeled) in salted water (usually i use smaller potatoes so they'r done sooner). Yea since i use small ones they are usually done in 20 minutes, however when they are done change water with cold one so that potatoes cool down a bit (let them rest for 5 minutes). Peel them and grate them.
    In those 5 minutes make a stock with water and bouillon cube. In hot water mix bouillon cube and bring it to the boil (ofc u'll have a liter of stock but u can use it for soup so yea :). Also you can make stock - check page 1)
    Peel the last onion and chop it. In pan add 2 spoons of oil, heat it up and fry onion. Color you want is darker, almost slightly burned. Add grated potatoes, paprika powder and ladles of stock. Mix everything together. Fry for another 4 minutes or so.

Serve it together...
    Pic.:
    [​IMG]

Bon Appétit

3. Sprasle

Expand Collapse

@"r1pp3r" I wish one day I could eat some of your food :rolleyes:

4. Cleand

Forum Granpa
    Captain
    Expand Collapse

Me too. :) I love all his dishes. XD

5. R1pp3r D. Pervert

Unofficial forum mod
    Supernova
    Expand Collapse

First of all i'd like to thank all my readers. I'm glad of each and everyone who's following my cooking channel.
    Its been a year since i've started this and now after a year i'm happy i decided to go with this thread.

[​IMG]

Thank you again

Now lets get down to recipe...

Veggie paella with chicken wings Kcal: 600/portion

There is a big difference between veggie paella and veggie risotto, even tho ingredients are almost the same. Remember paella can be done in multiple ways and this is my variation, so it might be done bit differently then traditional way.

Ingredients: (for 4 people)
    - 500g paella rice (short grain rice can be a good sub)
    - 800g of chicken wings (roughly 2-3/person)
    - 200g of cherry tomatoes
    - 2 red paprika
    - 80g of corn
    - 80g of peas
    - 150g of green beans
    - 1 onion
    - 3 cloves of garlic
    - salt & pepper
    - tea spoon of saffron
    - water
    - oil
    - 1 lemon
    - bouillon cube
    - spoon of butter
    - oregano
    - chives (for decor)

First of all i cheated a bit since i bought canned beans, peas and corn, thus reducing time for cooking :)
    Peel and chop onion, peel garlic and mince it, wash, then cut paprika into cubes, wash then cut cherry tomatoes in half
    Take a pot, add 0.8L of water and bouillon cube. Bring it to the boil, mix it a bit and then leave it to rest.
    Take a pan, add roughly 3-4 spoons of olive oil and heat it up. Add paprika and onion and start frying (fry on high heat all way long, couse of it, constantly stir) after 3min add garlic and leave it to fry for another 3 minutes. Season it. Add canned veggies and rice and mix everything together very well.
    Time to add stock and lemon juice. From this point on no more heavy duty mixing. All that's left to do is to add saffron and gently stir on top of water so that saffron goes around the dish.
    Now cook paella on low heat, uncovered until rice is soft BUT NOT GOOEY and don't stir!
    In a separated pan add a spoon of oil and cherry tomatoes. salt them and season them with oregano and fast fry them for about 5 minutes. And when paella is done just toss them on paella.
    When paella is done let it rest for ~20 minutes (cover it with cloth).

So while paella was cooking we were making fried chicken wings. Usually I don't use heavy seasoning on chicken wings...all I do is salt them and cover their skin with a bit of butter.
    Take a pan and heat up oil in it. Place wings in and fast fry each side for about 3 minutes. Now lower the head and cover pan with lid. Let them wings slowly cook (about 25 minutes). Can take longer... poke them with fork from time to time... you want your fork to go through without any resistance. DONE

pic.:
    [​IMG]

Bon Appétit

6. Cleand

Forum Granpa
    Captain
    Expand Collapse

Well, I love food. And I'm thanking you for opening this thread. It makes me hungry just by looking at those dishes. But it's not a bad thing. XD

7. Kyros

The Legend
    Super Moderator Member of the Year 2014
    Expand Collapse

Damn you @"r1pp3r" don't tempt me and make me eat non vegetarian. These dishes look delicious I can't stop my temptation to try them, My veggie heart is gonna break here. :arg::arg::arg::facepalm::ragefu:

8. Awsan

Expand Collapse

My gosh these are mind blowin', make me hungreh :spin:

Thanks a million for sharing :smile:

9. R1pp3r D. Pervert

Unofficial forum mod
    Supernova
    Expand Collapse

SOMETHING FOR VEGETARIANS, no i haven't forgotten about you yet...

Courgette burgers with fried rice Kcal: 450/portion

Sadly long and painful process for burgers but the taste is abnormal.
    P.S. they 'll never be round i can guarantee you, i've made em a lot of times, and i've seen them a lot of time in restaurants so yea^^. This is a light lunch so feel free to have more then 2 burgers on plate since they are slim

Ingredients: (for 14 burgers)
    - 2kg of courgettes
    - salt
    - water
    - 200g of cheese
    - 200g of bread crumbs
    - 3 cloves of garlic
    - ~40-50g parsley
    - 3 eggs
    - oil
    - 4 medium size onions
    - paprika powder
    - curry powder
    - 300g of rice

Courgettes need a lot of work before you put them into a pan and a lot of time will be spent. Wash and peel them, then cut them in half and remove the seeds. Grate them all. Take a bigger bowl, add courgettes, table spoon of salt and mix it together. Let it stay like that for 15 minutes. Salt will basically drain the water from courgettes so those 2 kg will drop drastically. After those 15 minutes drain the water, add some fresh water and mix it with courgettes (so salt gets removed a bit), pour it out and let it dry a bit (5min). Peel and chop 3 onion and slowly fry them in a pan, until they turn golden.

Drain water again from the bowl and now its time for dirty work. Take a handful of grated courgettes and make a fist...be sure to squeeze really good so you drain most of water from courgette. then place courgette into different bowl. Do this for all grated stuff.
    Now then... to courgette add eggs, finely chopped garlic, onions, grated cheese, chopped parsley and bread crumbs and mix them together. Mix everything well and IF its still too soggy and you believe it would fall apart while frying add a bit more of bread crumbs.

Huh so much time past... Feel free to start cooking rice (place it in hot water with little salt) Cook it until its half done...basically its getting soft but its not too soft as for risotto per say. Drain the water. Take 4th onion peel it and chop it. Place it on oil in heated pan and fry it till golden. Add rice. Season the rice with curry and paprika powder, mix it well and remove from stove.
    In 2nd pan you've also heated up oil (bout 4 table spoons of it). Take that filling you made and shape a burger...i suggest you dont strugle too much and just make it any shape... be sure its not thick, let it be slim, rly slim (0.3-0.4cm if you want me to go in details). Let it fry for 2-3 min on each side

Serve on plate with rice (i've used oregano for decor, works fine and adds extra to taste if you eat it ^^)

pic.:
    [​IMG]

Bon Appétit

10. naruto

Legendary Hokage
    Expand Collapse

i think that would taste good. But i can't taste it. Because i am veg and i wont eat even egg;-(;-(. Plz next time anyone make veg item. Plz plz plz

11. R1pp3r D. Pervert

Unofficial forum mod
    Supernova
    Expand Collapse

Today... Popular Turkish street food. @"RoronoaZoro" I do hope you give your seal of approvement :)

Kumpir Kcal: bout 525 / kumpir

Ingredients: for 4 people
    - 4 big potatoes
    - 2-3 spoon of salt
    - 200g of Mozzarella (originally is Kashar cheese which i couldn't get)
    - 4 spoons of butter

Toppings / filling
    - mushrooms (i've used jar'd porcini)
    - hot peppers
    - pickles
    - carrot
    - green peas
    - corn
    - jar'd beetroot
    - russian salad (find recipe between pages)
    - green olives with paprika
    - black olives
    - hot-dog sausage

Kisir
    - 50g of bulgur
    - tomato paste
    - parsley

Haydari
    - 3 cloves of garlic
    - yogurt
    - dill

OPTIONAL
    - Mayo
    - Ketchup
    - hot sauce
    - cabbage, cabbage sauce
    more :smug:

Start with potatoes since they take the longest time. I wash them and place em in pot. And cook in boiling water for 10minutes. Then i pour out water and take potatoes. I wrap them into aluminium foil and place them in owen for 1 hour on 225°c. Might take longer, use fork to check if potatoes are baked (fork goes through potato with eaz)

Now prepare the rest. Peel and cut carrots. Put them in bowl, together with peas and corn and cook it (don't salt it). Cooking 'll take bout an 15 minutes.

Cut hot peppers, olives, pickles

Cook hot-dog sausage in water for bout 5 minutes. Leave it in water so it'll remain warm for when we put kumpir together

Take mozzarella cheese and grate it or cut it in small pieces.

Take yogurt, bout 200ml. Use garlic crusher and crush garlic into yogurt. Add chopped dill and mix...voila Haydari.

Take a pot and put bulgur in it. Add enough water to cover bulgur. Salt it a bit and cook for bout 15minutes. Add chopped parsley and tomato paste and mix it togeter

Right now potatoes are baked. Take em out and remove foil. Cut them down the side. Use spoon and dig out potatoes into a bowl, Try to keep shell intact. Add mozzarella, butter and salt into bowl and mix everything into mash potatoes. Texture 'll be a bit chewy. Now fill mash into shells.
    Time for toppings. Just put em on your potatoes. What you'll put on is up to you, I've used everything i've typed above.

Pic.:
    [​IMG]

Bon Appétit

12. Cleand

Forum Granpa
    Captain
    Expand Collapse

^Is that even street food? It looks like a main dish from a fine dining restaurant. XD

13. naruto

Legendary Hokage
    Expand Collapse

Hmmmm looks tasty.

14. Kyros

The Legend
    Super Moderator Member of the Year 2014
    Expand Collapse

I s that vegetarian. Looking very tasty.

15. hansuh

Expand Collapse

That looks really yummy... *_*

16. R1pp3r D. Pervert

Unofficial forum mod
    Supernova
    Expand Collapse

Spaghetti alla Napoletana Kcal: ~450/portion

Time spent: [​IMG]

Ingredients (for 4 people)
    - 400g of Spaghetti
    - 250-300g of canned tomatoes (pelati)
    - 2 medium size onions
    - 1 bay leaf
    - oragano
    - basil
    - salt & pepper
    - olive oil

Peel and chop onion. Take a pan, put 2 spoons of olive oil and heat it up. Add onion and slowly fry it until soft. Add pelati, increase the heat and season the dish to your taste with salt & pepper. Add a bay leaf and bout 1/2 teaspoon of oregano and 1/2 teaspoon of basil. Bring sauce to the boil, lower the heat, cover with lid and let it simmer for about 10-15 minutes.

While waiting...Take a pot, add water and bring it to the boil. Add salt and spaghetti and start cooking them. Cook until al'dente (bout 6-10min depending on pasta you'r using)

When spaghetti are cooked drain the water out, add bit of olive oil and shake them.
    Sauce should be done at this point... mix 1/2 of sauce with spaghetti.

Take a plate and serve. Add some sauce over the dish and sprinkle it with nice parmesan cheese.

Pic.:
    [​IMG]

Bon Appétit

17. naruto

Legendary Hokage
    Expand Collapse

it looking good. @"r1pp3r"-chan

18. R1pp3r D. Pervert

Unofficial forum mod
    Supernova
    Expand Collapse

-chan is not allowed, -kun /-san or -sama ! senpai or sensei also work

19. naruto

Legendary Hokage
    Expand Collapse

ok @" r1pp3r"-san

20. R1pp3r D. Pervert

Unofficial forum mod
    Supernova
    Expand Collapse

Sorry guys... due to my gallstone problems I can't consume a lot of stuff and thus i don't really make new recipes as much as i thought. Those that follow my thread 'll understand my needs :)

Today...

Sea bass, mash potatoes with spinach Kcal: 475/portion

Time spent: [​IMG]

Ingredients (for 4 people)
    - 4x Sea bass (bout 250-300g each)
    - ~250g of spinach
    - 5 medium sized potatoes
    - 1 1/2 spoon of sour cream
    - 2 tea spoons of butter
    - salt & pepper
    - olive oil
    - 8 cloves of garlic
    - parsley
    - 1 lemon
    - paprika powder

Firstly i hope you asked your fishmonger to clean your fish. At 1 point i'll give basic instruction for gutting and cleaning common fish :)

Wash, peel and cut potatoes into smaller cubes. Put them in water, add a little of salt and start cooking them. When water boils, lower the heat and cover with lid. Cook until potatoes are nice and soft.
    Wash the fish and make few incisions on it so that it'll cook faster. Peel and mince garlic, wash and finely chop parsley. Season inside of the fish with salt&pepper and a bit of paprika powder.
    Take a small bowl and mix parsley, garlic and few table spoons of olive oil, then put this concoction into fishes.
    Take a pan and heat up some oil in it. In same time put heat up oven on 200°c. When oil is nice and hot start frying your fish, bout 3 minutes on each side. Take a baking pan add a little of oil and spread it with a brush. Place fishes into the pan, sprinkle them with a bit of lemon juice. Cover the pan with aluminium foil and bake for 8 minutes.

While fishes are baking take a pan in which you were frying hem not too long ago. Wash and roughly chop spinach and fry it in that same pan. Its lovely because that extra fish taste 'll be added.
    Remove water from cooked potatoes, add sour cream, butter and mash it. Mix spinach with potatoes.

Serve.

Pic.:
    [​IMG]

Bon Appétit

TIP OF A DAY:

How to recognize fresh fish?
    - Sparkle scales & eyes
    - no nasty smells
    - nice and red gills