1. Check out our latest video "One Piece Discussion: Wano Hype!" and discuss it with us!
  2. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

Rank the One Piece Arcs

Discussion in 'One Piece General' started by Zeek, Feb 21, 2018.

1. Zeek

Luffy's Grappling Coach
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I don't have time to make a detailed list right now so I'll make a quick post and let you guys debate the list! I'm ranking them from Best-to-Worst

Marineford
    Enies Lobby
    Whole Cake Island
    Dressrosa
    Post-War Arc
    Impel Down
    Sabaody Archipelago
    Punk Hazard
    Fishman Island
    Amazon Lily
    Zou
    Alabasta
    Arlong Park
    Thriller Bark
    Drum Island
    Return to Sabaody
    Post-Enies Lobby
    Water 7
    Skypiea
    Loguetown
    Baratie
    Orange Town
    Syrup Village
    Little Garden
    Whiskey Peak
    Jaya
    Reverse Mountain
    East Blue
    Long Ring Long Land (Davy Back Fight)

Seiryu likes this.
  2. Edinbour

The Red King
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Can I rank the Saga's and then my favorite Arc below it? Example:

Saga 1
    Arc:

Saga 2
    Arc:

[​IMG]

Chill024 and Zeek like this.
  3. KKG

KKG
    If you support watermarks i hate you
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

My favorite is Enies Lobby

4. dreamlovermimi

Zoro's Main Chick
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

My most faves are ALabasta, Enies lobby, and Dressorosa,

WORST are Fishman -_____-

5. Zeek

Luffy's Grappling Coach
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

That works too!

Edinbour likes this.
  6. Edinbour

The Red King
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Awesome!

1. East Blue Saga (the reason this is number one is because this is when the adventure started)
    - Arlong Park Arc (Baratie Arc was a close second, but this one was more epic)

2. Summit War Saga (easily number two, epicness from start-to-finish)
    - Marineford Arc (obviously, although Sabaody and Impel Down were awesome as well)

3. Water 7 Saga
    - Enies Lobby Arc

4. Alabasta Saga (Luffy's first fight against a Shichibukai)
    - Alabasta Arc (again, obviously)

5. Dressrosa Saga (pretty much Alabasta but in the New World)
    - Dressrosa Arc

6. Yonko Saga (we're still really early in it, hence why it's so low)
    - Whole Cake Island Arc

7. Sky Island Saga
    - G-8 Arc (yes, it's filler but it's a really fun Arc)

8. Fishman Island Saga (the only exciting thing was when Luffy challenged Big Mom)
    - Return to Sabaody Arc (the crew getting back together after 2 years was great)

9. Thriller Bark Saga (Zoro making a sacrifice for Luffy was the only highlight)
    - Thriller Bark Arc (the other 2 Arcs are just lousy filler)

7. Deathbloke

one unlucky bastard
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

#7 Deathbloke, Feb 22, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2018
    I really love every single arc equally, I have too much love for East Blue Saga though since, like @Edinbour said, it all started there. :D
    But the most hyped moment/arc for me was the Return to Sabaody Arc. Most goosebumps I've ever had...

Judgement and Edinbour like this.
  8. Zeek

Luffy's Grappling Coach
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

True, there was just something so cool about seeing Luffy absolutely own the pacifista

9. Sheena

Expand Collapse

Cool idea. It's not strictly only sagas or arcs, though:

1. Water 7/Enies Lobby
      • I immediately see the rainy panels when I think about this. This arc was so captivating and well thought out and executed. Sorry, I could gush for hours. ;P
    2. Alabasta
      • Vivi! Also just a very cool story well done. I liked the politics here, the rebellion and Crocodile's reaching for power and what it did to the country.
    3. Sky Island
      • Didn't like it much at first but now I do. It was different, far away from everything but still connected to the main story. I liked that. And I really liked the crew's interactions here.
    4. Marineford
      • Very captivating and powerful. Loved Coby's scene near the end.
    5. East Blue
      • The beginning. Sniff. I sometimes like to look back at simpler times. ;P
    6. Thriller Bark
      • Almost on par with Fishmen Island actually. Maybe it's because I'm not into zombies but apart from the funny beginning and Zoro's scene at the end I didn't like it much.
    7. Fishmen Island
      • A bit boring, Sanji was stupid and I feel like the fight and the whole "threat" with the ship wasn't done very well but Jinbei and the dead queen's backstory were cool.
    8. Impel Down
      • I know it's technical the "prologue" to Marineford but I just don't really like it so I had to separate it.
    9. Dress Rosa
      • Too many (unlikeable) characters, too many chapters, just too much going on and I didn't care much for any of the characters (apart from the Strawhats obviously). Half of the Strawhats are missing and I hope this doesn't become the norm.
    I'm not taking "Whole Cake Island" into account because I don't know it well enough yet.

10. Mosshead

Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

Saboady Arc - Was the best hands down (Intro for the Supanova)
    Marineford - That war was epic
    Saboady return (3D2Y) - Best ...

Deathbloke likes this.
  11. Just now

Expand Collapse

I separated it in best saga and the best arc of it's saga.

• NOTE: Yonko saga will bot be in here, for being the current arc and the story can change still.

1- Water 7 saga, Enies Lobby arc;

- It was for me the best saga in one piece so far, the story is amazing, and the show started gertong the good stuff!

2- Summit War saga, Marineford arc;

- Pretty good arc, very good story too!
    And it's the most shocking saga, the Straw-Hats separation/timeskip, the death of Ace and Whitebeard, wow it was crazy! It's not on the first place because I don't think it was as good as the Water 7 Saga.

3- Alabasta saga, Alabasta arc;

- Pretty great story, really good characters, this arc was amazing! ^^ At first I thoght Vivi would be a Straw-Hat crew member but meh I was wrong. :p

4- East Blue saga, Arlong Park arc;

- It was the story start and it's so nostalgic, it is so good to rewatch it and remember the old times! :)

5- Fishman island saga, Return to sabaody arc;

- It really wasn't that great of a saga but it deserves to be here really for the timeskip, and the reuniting of the Straw-Hats that made me chill all over my ass. °•°

6- Skypiea saga, Jaya arc;

- Skypiea was an interesting saga, but not great at all, it's slow, but the story is a little good, it's in this position because there are many more better arcs than this one.

7- Dressrosa saga, Dressrosa arc;

Because it is too long, and a little boring, it is on this poition.

8- Thriller Bark Saga, Thriller Bark arc;

Omg, this arc was so boring man! We got Brook introduced in it, but it is an excuse, the arc is boring, the story is poor, I really didn't like this arc. The vest part was really the Labbon and Brook story. Very sad :'v

Seiryu likes this.
  12. KKG

KKG
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I agree and i also don't understand how could Luffy beat Enel (@Judgement will love this)
    When he hit him he had a ball of gold stuck on his fist,but Enel was on his Logia form,even if thunders can't harm Luffy,Luffy still needed to attack Enel's true form and for that he needed busoshoku haki or make his Logia form touchable like he did with Crocodile using his blood to make the sand wet,that rifle would go through Enel without hitting him.
    Luffy's victory over Enel was more fake than Stormy Daniels boobs.:P
    Also right,at this time Toei started to make the anime last,they played an opening that will cut at least 4 minutes to the anime,and in the middle of the fights they showed the birdcage cutting buildings to loose more time and the same scene of people running from it.
    And the worst about this arc was this:
    I was having fun watching the fight and sudenly Luffy looses his gear and needs one more episode for what i had to wait for one more week just to watch him recover in a pathetic state depending of how many time Mingo would loose time playing with all those meat shields he had between Luffy and him.
    This ruinned the entire arc,without it the arc could be watchable but with it i can say this is the worst complete arc of One Piece until now.
    Zou was another boring thing that looked like a filler.
    This thing was repeated at Whole Cake and this isn't done yet but it's already worse than Dressrosa.

Judgement likes this.
  13. Judgement

Winners never quit, quitters never win.
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Long live the GOD of thunder!

Edinbour likes this.
  14. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

Welcome to the forum! I would assume they break it down into individual arcs for each Yonkou. That's just way too much goodness for a single "saga".
    Wasn't Luffy's fist still sticking out of the front of the gold ball? I thought I remembered Enel putting the ball around the forearm area. Either way, just manga magic of Luffy's anti-lightning properties transferring through the gold.

My list is based on my bias of how much it applies to the plot:
    Alabasta: Luffy's break out to the rest of the world and most balanced arc for a little bit of everything (action and emotionally).
    Water 7/Enies Lobby: Luffy openly declaring war against the Government
    Summit War: Luffy realizing he's not even close to the elite of the elite.
    Dressrosa: the underworld connections and especially build up for Kaidou is going to be key for the current arc.
    East Blue: the foundation of the crew.
    Skypiea/Jaya: this could and probably does move up when Enel returns to the main plot.
    Triller Bark: I wasn't a fan of the slight changes to artwork, but other than Brooke, the rest of the arc doesn't have any long-term contributions.
    Gyojin Island: the Joy Boy promise is going to be a major part of the series conclusion, but the whole arc was just to show off everyone's training.

15. Edinbour

The Red King
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

..And Rock and Roll (sorry, couldn't resist) :P

Judgement likes this.
  16. KKG

KKG
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

#16 KKG, Sep 5, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2018
    My friend,you know better than me than a fist of rubber can't hit a Logia form of thunder.
    Thunders are massive electric energy,it has no weak point,he can throw water at him or mud and he won't have a short circuit because he has no circuit and he can't still hit him.
    I don't want to ask this to the forum's cientist Pope Francis because we are enemies.
    Does Luffy has kairoseki on his body or that ball of gold since he wasn't using haki at that point?
    The only character in One Piece that can hit Enel using only a DF is Teach.
    Rubber doesn't take damage from electricity but rubber can't hit electricity because that is an element and elements are not physical.
    Even if somehow rubber's anti-lightning properties could be transfered through the gold it would only prevent Luffy from taking damage but it wouldn't hit electricity.
    So Luffy vs Enel is like Smoker vs Ace.
    Could our friend @Jawahib explain this?
    He is an expert:flushed:
    Magic is not a concept used in this anime,Oda uses haki so i still don't get how he hit him.

17. Kevz

Yuuzume’s little brother
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I don’t wanna rank any arcs below rank 3 because they are all good but my top 3 are

1.Summit war arc

2.Skypiea arc

3.Alablasta arc

18. Jawahib

Both Exotic and Professor
    Busoshoku Haki YouTube Team
    Expand Collapse

I can try explain it, sure. Firstly, Seiryu was right, Luffy's fist was sticking out of the gold ball, making him hittable.

The point about Big Enel being pure energy can be tackled from a number of different ways. The explanation that I stick with is that Enel is always pure energy. This is why he's intangible to all physical attacks. Every Logia type has a unique elemental explanation for their intangibility, which explains their unique weaknesses. For example, Crocodile's body disperses into sand particles that move around the attack and Enel's body conducts through the thing it passes through. So to say there's a problem with big Enel being hit by Luffy directly says there's a problem with small Enel being hit, and since I don't have a problem with small Enel being hit then I have no problem with Big Enel being hit.

It's important to note that the physical is tied with the elemental in Logia. If you have an Air Air Fruit that turns you into air, then what you do to the air you do to the eater. So if Enel turns himself into a giant Lightning Monster, then what is done to that monster is done to Enel. And, since it was hit by rubber, the lightning couldn't conduct itself around the attack and took the hit. Enel still has his physical body, it's just that the elemental body will always try assert itself when Enel is hit with a physical attack. When the elemental body fails to pass through the hit, the physical body is the one that suffers, and that's what happens when Enel is hit by Luffy.

To respond to the thread, my ranked arcs are:
    1. Arlong Park
    2. Marineford
    3. Impel Down
    4. Enies Lobby
    5. Amazon Lily
    6. Fishman Island (mostly for the Return to Sabaody part)
    6. Wholecake Island
    7. Dressrosa
    8. Alabasta
    9. The other East Blue arcs
    10. Anything else I've forgotten to name
    11. Skypeia (was never really a fan of this arc and Enel is seriously way too OP)
    12. Thriller Barc (felt way too much like a filler for the first 70%)

Seiryu likes this.
  19. Portgas D. Earl

Super Cool and Nice Guy
    Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Here's my top 5 list!

1. Enies Lobby- best arc ever! Every member of Mugiwara gets their spotlight and the awesome battle between Luffy and Lucci!

2. Marineford- one of the most emotional arc ever and this arc shows how Luffy will do anything to save his bro. Showed many new characters and how cool the Whitebeard Pirates are!

3. Sabaody Archipelago- turning point for the Straw Hat pirates, this shows how they still can't challenge the marines, shichibukais etc. Kuma separated all of them to train and get stronger.

4. Whole Cake Island- also one of the most emotional arc, Sanji kicking Luffy many times and still won't retaliate. Then Luffy fought two Sweet Commanders for only two days! Also Pudding is so cute <3

5. Alabasta- their first time to fight a Shichibukai! I really thought Vivi will stay as a Straw Hat but I do hope someday she will return to them and join permanently.

20. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

This made me lol...As for Thriller Bark, the biggest thing in my mind is that was when Oda got the OK to start expanding the series. The pacing/story development completely changes with Thriller Bark, so Oda was literally experimenting on the fly (the anime literally got within a few chapters of the manga during Enies Lobby, so this was another driving force other than the massive popularity/demand for more content). So to a certain extent, I agree with just not liking the arc as a whole.