1. Check out our latest video "One Piece Discussion: Wano Hype!" and discuss it with us!
  2. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

Ranking the Strawhats (Power wise, overall better fighter)

Discussion in 'One Piece General' started by DeathBait, Aug 3, 2018.

1. DeathBait

Expand Collapse

Here is how I would rank them ( AS OF RIGHT NOW 8/3/2018 aka start of Wano arc)

1. Luffy (Captain of the crew, considered as the unofficial 5th emperor)

2. Zoro (Undeclared vice Captain)

These two are never moved, and its obvious why, they are the strongest without a doubt!

Here is when the problem occurs,

3. Sanji - People rank Franky over Sanji because Franky is overall the better fighter and because of his power, But i think that there is a reason why Sanji has been in the "Monster Trio" and always fighting Zoro, giving us the hint that he is definetly up there. However, now we have Jinbe, so I am willing to put a tie for both of them or Sanji on top!

4. Jinbe - Previous Shichibukai, captain of the Sun Pirates

5. Franky - Franky has the best defense in the team and personally, I think he can beat robin and chopper

6. Chopper - Shaky about this one but I think Heavy point Chopper can beat Robin!

7. Brook - we havent seen him do much yet.

8. Robin - She can take down opponents from range, can even blind them if she wants to

9. Usopp - amazing accuracy, he has awakened his haki, He will definitely move up in this arc.

10. Nami - She is probably the weakest right now.

I know oda might have said "Usopp will always be the weakest" but maybe he meant mental strength wise or physical wise...

let me know what you guys think, and your order, the first 1-3 and 8-10 are usually the same but the problem occurs in the middle, 4-7.

Seiryu likes this.
  2. KKG

KKG
    Biggest Kiss x Sis Fan
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Maybe this thread is alreay here but i would just change:
    6.Brook
    7.Robin
    8.Chopper
    Chopper is the worst DF user in One Piece with no doubt and he is just usefull because of his medical skills.
    What's the point of turning a reindeer into a human form?
    Does that gives him power?
    Intelligence?
    The only strong Zoan are the legendary and the ones who have predator form.
    Robin is the smartest of the SHs,she would just steal his rumble balls before he could eat it.
    And if Monster Point is the best Chopper has he is very limited.

Seiryu likes this.
  3. Jawahib

Busoshoku Haki YouTube Team
    Expand Collapse

Power-wise, and overall better fighter are entirely different things. And I don't even think either of these are even what you're after. You seem to be aiming for "capacity to defeat other enemies", which isn't exactly the same as strongest power-wise or strongest fighter. In terms of fighter, I'd say either Sanji or Zoro are the best since they've had training (Sanji more so than Zoro without weapons). Power-wise of course goes to Luffy, who has the brute strength and Devil Fruit abilities to back it up. I mean, each category would need so much analysis it's crazy which is why I can never take threads like this seriously.

Still, I think there are two main ways to go about this: the first is to consider them as robots who simply have the powers of the Straw Hats. The second is to consider them as entire characters.

For example, Nami doesn't see herself as a combatant at all. She'd run and hide rather than fight. Of course, this has developed over the series so she's not so cowardly anymore, but that courage more comes from an increased reliance in her crew to protect her and increased reliance in her Clima Tact; not so much internal courage. What this leaves us with is a decent tactician with an arsenal of deadly weather attacks who will be utterly useless without her Clima Tact. This is a huge weakness, but it's not something that would come into the numbers when you consider her whole fighting thing. I won't do all the other Straw Hats like this but I'm proving a point. When it comes to battle competency of characters, you need pages and pages and pages to do a complete analysis, and all that you'll come out with at the end is still a pretty subjective opinion.

So, the alternative is to think of them as robots with the powers. This loses a lot of authenticity but it makes it much much easier to consider purely the combat-related capacities of the characters in question. So, say Nami was kicked out of her body and her mind was taken over by a robot that could use the Clima Tact as well as she could. Then compare that robot with all the Straw Hat robots. Well, I reckon if you put them all in a tournament, that Luffy would win, Robin would come second, then Zoro, Jinbe, Sanji, Franky, Brook, Nami, and then Chopper. But that's a specific context of a tournament. These results would change if you made it a Battle Royale. They'd change if you made all of them try and survive against hordes of enemies. And again if you pit them against specific strong characters. There isn't a general context that you could use to achieve an honest answer, and still, this is thinking of them as robots and not whole characters.

But, for the hell of it, let's put all that aside. Let's say I'd done my research and pages and pages of analysis, came up with an objective meter to measure each battle-related aspect of each Straw Hat (stuff like strength, skill, strategy, composure, Devil Fruit accentuations etc). I think it would have looked something like this:
    1. Luffy (carried by Haki, Brute Strength and Devil Fruit usage)
    2. Zoro (carried by Haki, Brute Strength, and Swordsmanship)
    3. Jinbe (carried by Haki and Fishman Karate)
    4. Sanji (carried by Haki, speed, brute strength, and Black Leg training)
    5. Nami (carried by Zeus, who would easily surpass even Franky's strongest weapons)
    6. Franky (carried by his weapons arsenal and General Franky)
    7. Brook (carried by his Devil Fruit powers, musical abilities and speed)
    8. Chopper (carried by his Monster Point)
    9. Robin (carried by her Devil Fruit)
    10. Usopp

I'll add here that if Robin puts work into learning Armament Haki she'd easily be put into 2nd place. There's just no defence against her spawning arms around your neck and breaking it if she has the strength to pull it off.
    Before Haki was introduced, Franky could've taken top spot (remember that he was demolishing Luffy on Water 7).
    Brook's powers make him a worse opponent than Luffy against some (specifically sword-wielding) enemies.
    If Chopper put training in, he could learn to fluidly transform from one form to another to optimise his combat capacity and be a real monster on the battlefield.
    Usopp is entirely limited by his ammunition and range. Zoro doesn't have much room for growth apart from getting better at the stuff he already does. Any hype that existed in the Meitou or swords in general died with Haki. I'm yet to fathom what significant difference a new sword can make to Zoro's skills, but that's another topic all on its own.

Anyway, I'll stop here before I dive too deep down this rabbit hole

Grin, Seiryu and Behnam like this.
  4. Pacquiao8

8th Commander of the Straw Hat Grand Fleet
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

1. Luffy
    2. Zoro
    3. Jinbe
    4. Sanji
    5. Brook
    6. Franky
    7. Nami
    8. Chopper
    9. Robin
    10. Usopp

5. DeathBait

Expand Collapse

Ye Robin's power with Armament Haki can be strong, but i think zoro might be able to beat her, what do you think?

6. Jawahib

Busoshoku Haki YouTube Team
    Expand Collapse

Nah, the only reason she isn't first is because Luffy would be immune to that attack since he's made of rubber. Though in retrospect if she had Haki she'd nullify that, making her first. It doesnt matter how strong you are, she can just keep making a Mille Fleur get larger and larger and bind the person till they cant move. Armament Haki lretty much nullifies brute strength anyway. There are actually so many way for Robin to win it's ridiculous.

DeathBait likes this.
  7. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

If we go along the lines of defeating potential opponents:
    1. Luffy
    2. Zoro
    3. Jinbe
    4. Sanji
    5. Franky
    6. Robin
    7. Brooke
    8. Chopper
    9. Nami
    10. Usopp
    If we have to incorporate physical traits like mobility, durability, etc. this is where I agree with the overall trend of Robin being lower. The key for Robin being so high is her assassin experience. She uses her brains to outsmart people. Her fruit ability allows her to utilize her brains perfectly since she manipulates the environment to her advantage. She more than makes up for her lack physical capabilities with her brain. she is clearly less physically capable, but far exceeds everyone else's experience with high level combat (Brooke didn't make it that far on his journey while alive).

I am also low on Nami despite the manga's recent (temporary) power-up. The biggest thing is that it takes way too much time to build up. She has her mirages (a technique Robin can use now too), but against most people I think Nami's wits are not enough to buy the necessary time. Plus, her thunder attacks are dependent on a slow/stationary opponent. She cannot use the attack she used against Califa unless she bribes Zeus to move accordingly.

8. Nguyen Dung

Expand Collapse

Thank for useful post