1. Check out our latest video "One Piece Discussion: Wano Hype!" and discuss it with us!
  2. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

Rate The Last Anime You Watched!

Discussion in 'Anime & Manga General' started by Marco Polo, Feb 3, 2019.

1. Marco Polo

一番
    Super Moderator YouTube Team
    Expand Collapse

The title is self-explanatory. Much like the movie thread, tell us the last anime you completed and give it a score out of 10! Leave a little review for it as well.

2. Kia

Kia
    We are the weirdos, mister.
    Busoshoku Haki Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

Great idea. I’ll be posting several shortly since I never did my 2018 best of list after I watched a bunch. Thanks! ^_^

3. Kia

Kia
    We are the weirdos, mister.
    Busoshoku Haki Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

Bloom Into You 8/10

A very unique take on a love story and sexuality in general without typical romantic attachment or “I just needed to find the right one” tropes often found in yuri stories. It’s not even remotely lewd so don’t look for it. It’s more intellectual and complex in dealing with emotional issues than most shows so if that’s your bag, you’ll enjoy it. The main characters are portrayed as demisexual in some ways so that’s fascinating as well.

Rascal Does Not Dream Of Bunny Girl Senpai 8/10

I enjoyed the individual stories and the concept of puberty syndrome as I was watching the show. However, once I got to the real kicker of the story, it made my heart ache in totally unexpected ways. I thought that it was a cutesy show with a little bit of heart but boy was I wrong. It surprised me in all the right ways. I appreciate hidden depths.

The Vampire in my Neighborhood 7/10

Your everyday cute, funny, wholesome yuri vampire love story obviously. Lots of friendship, good times, good laughs and awkwardness in the oddest of places (hence the laughter). The love is convoluted a bit but it’s fine. There’s at least one actual couple, no worries. If you ever wondered what a weeb vampire would be like, here’s your chance to see one in action.

Tokyo Ghoul 8/10

Finishing off the available series. It had good action, followed the characters well and provided closure. I didn’t read the manga so I can’t speak to that. For me I was satisfied enough but I won’t go into detail so as not to spoil.

4. Edinbour

The Red King
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Yu Yu Hakusho (Ghost Files): 7/10
    This is one of the first anime I've ever seen/owned the whole series and have watched it numerous times. This is a good series to watch or even use to get someone into anime. It has plenty of emotion (whether it be comedic, dramatic, etc.) and with just being a little over 100 episodes, it isn't intimidating (like One Piece being at almost 900+ episodes now) :P

Ratings for each Arc:

The Spirit Detective Arc: 7/10
    The Dark Tournament Arc: 9.5/10
    The Chapter Black Arc: 7.5/10
    The Three Kings Arc: 4/10

5. R1pp3r D. Pervert

Unofficial forum mod
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

6. KKG

KKG
    If you support watermarks i hate you
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Dance in the Vampire Bund-4/10
    Kikushu Gakuen no Juliet-7/10

7. PirateKing_D_Luffy

Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

#7 PirateKing_D_Luffy, Feb 12, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2019 at 3:59 PM
    I would have rated exactly same for each arc.
    They buid up more expectations for the last arc ''Three Kings'' but it was not up to the mark..

I enjoyed that series.

Captain Tsubasa/Flash kicker 8.5/10 (soccer anime old classic story )

Slam Dunk 9/10 (young guy with no knowledge of basketball joins the team to impress her love and then becomes an othodox player with great potential - comedy is good)

Yu Yu Hakusho 6/10 (Story abt a detective kid who evolves as a fighter and later discovers himself as the great grandson of one of the 3 Kings who rules the dark world)

Initial D 8/10 (One of the best classic series on car drifting of an unknown young guy)

Prince of Tennis 6.5/10 (though lengthy but still enjoyed watching it and learn some good japaJapa words ..Mada Mada Dane ! )

Dragon Ball series 10/10 (something that has motivated me a lot for workout in my childhood days and it still does as the story keeps evolving)

Giant Killing 6/10 (This one series is not about one character but focuses on all the players who is guided by a great coach - another soccer series)

InuYasha 4/10 (watched it then got lost with storyline)

Tsurune 4.5/10 (a story on archery )

Air gear 7/10 (though a bit adult this one has been my interest as it is about skating.... racing ..flying ..more like I ride my bike)

Hungry heart - Wild striker 7.5/10 (another soccer anime of a guy who is wild and has great potential and passion while his brother is already a professional soccer player ...)

Edinbour likes this.