1. Check out our latest video "One Piece Discussion: Wano Hype!" and discuss it with us!
  2. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

Rate The Last Anime You Watched!

Discussion in 'Anime & Manga General' started by Marco Polo, Feb 3, 2019.

1. Marco Polo

“super moderator”
    Super Moderator YouTube Team
    Expand Collapse

The title is self-explanatory. Much like the movie thread, tell us the last anime you completed and give it a score out of 10! Leave a little review for it as well.

2. Kia

Kia
    All about amare, anima, and anime.
    Haoshoku Haki Busoshoku Haki Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

Great idea. I’ll be posting several shortly since I never did my 2018 best of list after I watched a bunch. Thanks! ^_^

Marco Polo likes this.
  3. Kia

Kia
    All about amare, anima, and anime.
    Haoshoku Haki Busoshoku Haki Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

Bloom Into You 8/10

A very unique take on a love story and sexuality in general without typical romantic attachment or “I just needed to find the right one” tropes often found in yuri stories. It’s not even remotely lewd so don’t look for it. It’s more intellectual and complex in dealing with emotional issues than most shows so if that’s your bag, you’ll enjoy it. The main characters are portrayed as demisexual in some ways so that’s fascinating as well.

Rascal Does Not Dream Of Bunny Girl Senpai 8/10

I enjoyed the individual stories and the concept of puberty syndrome as I was watching the show. However, once I got to the real kicker of the story, it made my heart ache in totally unexpected ways. I thought that it was a cutesy show with a little bit of heart but boy was I wrong. It surprised me in all the right ways. I appreciate hidden depths.

The Vampire in my Neighborhood 7/10

Your everyday cute, funny, wholesome yuri vampire love story obviously. Lots of friendship, good times, good laughs and awkwardness in the oddest of places (hence the laughter). The love is convoluted a bit but it’s fine. There’s at least one actual couple, no worries. If you ever wondered what a weeb vampire would be like, here’s your chance to see one in action.

Tokyo Ghoul 8/10

Finishing off the available series. It had good action, followed the characters well and provided closure. I didn’t read the manga so I can’t speak to that. For me I was satisfied enough but I won’t go into detail so as not to spoil.

Marco Polo likes this.
  4. Edinbour

The Red King
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Yu Yu Hakusho (Ghost Files): 7/10
    This is one of the first anime I've ever seen/owned the whole series and have watched it numerous times. This is a good series to watch or even use to get someone into anime. It has plenty of emotion (whether it be comedic, dramatic, etc.) and with just being a little over 100 episodes, it isn't intimidating (like One Piece being at almost 900+ episodes now) :P

Ratings for each Arc:

The Spirit Detective Arc: 7/10
    The Dark Tournament Arc: 9.5/10
    The Chapter Black Arc: 7.5/10
    The Three Kings Arc: 4/10

Marco Polo likes this.
  5. R1pp3r D. Pervert

Unofficial forum mod
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Marco Polo likes this.
  6. KKG

KKG
    I hate every haters of the anime in my avatar
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Dance in the Vampire Bund-4/10
    Kikushu Gakuen no Juliet-7/10

Marco Polo likes this.
  7. PirateKing_D_Luffy

Busoshoku Haki Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

#7 PirateKing_D_Luffy, Feb 12, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2019
    I would have rated exactly same for each arc.
    They buid up more expectations for the last arc ''Three Kings'' but it was not up to the mark..

I enjoyed that series.
    Yu You Hakusho

Captain Tsubasa/Flash kicker 8.5/10 (soccer anime old classic story ) (to be honest, I had an addiction to this ...I completed the series then started it again and kept on)

Slam Dunk 9/10 (young guy with no knowledge of basketball joins the team to impress her love and then becomes an othodox player with great potential - comedy is good) (watched it 3 times, I love it)

Yu Yu Hakusho 6/10 (Story abt a detective kid who evolves as a fighter and later discovers himself as the great grandson of one of the 3 Kings who rules the dark world)

Initial D 8/10 (One of the best classic series on car drifting of an unknown young guy) - watched this one twice from start to end of the series

Prince of Tennis 6.5/10 (though lengthy but still enjoyed watching it and learn some good japaJapa words ..Mada Mada Dane ! ) Quite big series.

Dragon Ball series 10/10 (something that has motivated me a lot for workout in my childhood days and it still does as the story keeps evolving)

Giant Killing 6/10 (This one series is not about one character but focuses on all the players who is guided by a great coach - another soccer series)

InuYasha 3.5/10 (watched it then got lost with storyline ..I have not completed this one...also don't quite recollect it)

Tsurune 4.5/10 (a story on archery )

Air gear 7/10 (though a bit adult this one has been my interest as it is about skating.... racing ..flying ..more like I ride my bike)

Hungry heart - Wild striker 7.5/10 (another soccer anime of a guy who is wild and has great potential and passion while his brother is already a professional soccer player ...) (Watched this series twice)

Recently completed the below

Hajimeno-Ippo : Anime on Boxing (7.5/10)
    Classic anime about a kid exploring his query about how it feels to be strong... I enjoyed it.

Whistle (5/10): Completed this one today, It was decent old anime about a soccer.

Adding few more..

Eyeshield 21 (8) : Another sport anime about Football ..I mean NFL football which is more like rugby.

Shaolin Wuzang (8) about Kungfu

Yowamushi Pedal (8) for all season ...Anime about Bicycle racing.

Haikyu (9) This one is quite good. rating for all season
    Anime about Volleyball sport.

One Punch Man(still not able to decide rating...)

July 29, 2019 , I have completed Kuroko no Basket (Though it was a slow starter but it eventually end becoming a heart winner...)

Aug 10, 2019 , Yakitate Japan(Anime on Cooking) - This one I had watched before but had not completed it so this time I watched it again.

Aug 15, 2019 Baki The Grappler (Anime on Underground Fighting) enjoyed it.

I guess I need to retire now for good amount of time...

I really owe big deal time to all the animes :-) they keep inspiring me

Marco Polo and Edinbour like this.
  8. KKG

KKG
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

3D Kanojo: Real Girl looks very nice.
    I will watch it and probably rate it like R1pp3r or even higher.
    The animation isn't too good but the story is interesting.

9. Finalbeta

Expand Collapse

The Ancient Magus Bride 9/10

Kia and Marco Polo like this.
  10. Marco Polo

“super moderator”
    Expand Collapse

I can't believe I made this thread and then never posted in it, how terrible of me...

The last anime I completed was JoJo's, but I've already talked about them a lot in the JoJo thread. This is a little repetitive, but hopefully by going into a little more depth about each season, it's not just me saying the same things. Let's see if my flu-addled brain can still write, lol

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (2012) - 7/10

The first season of JoJo's covers parts 1 and 2 of the manga. Episodes 1-9 covered Phantom Blood (Part 1), and Episodes 10-26 covered Battle Tendency (Part 2).
    Phantom Blood can feel a little over-the-top and corny at times, and the good vs evil dichotomy between Mr. Squeaky Clean Justice (aka Jonathan Joestar) and Mr. Dog Burning Shitlord (Dio Brando) couldn't be more in your face. It's still enjoyable, but aside from Jonathan and Dio, none of the supporting cast are developed in any meaningful ways and feel like tools for the protagonist rather than characters of their own. That being said, the likes of Zeppeli and Speedwagon do end up having a long-term impact on the story even though their characters don't do that much. Phantom Blood's story is played very simple and for what it is and the era the manga came out (mid-80's), it works, but it feels limited.
    Battle Tendency is a major improvement over Part 1, and it's where JoJo's begins to pick up and gain that "unique" JoJo feel that has led it to its status as the most memeable anime in the industry. Joseph, this part's JoJo, brings a unique charm that Jonathan never had, and one that hasn't been seen in JoJo's in future parts. His mischievous personality and sharp wit are the driving force behing the more "fun" vibe that Battle Tendency has. The art style has also shifted between the two parts - whilst Phantom Blood mostly took place in the dark (there were a lot of vampires), Battle Tendency has a very vibrant set of colour schemes, which can give this part a surreal feel at times given how freely the art team switches between them. However, the issue of under-developed support characters still plagues this part, even with a smaller cast - it very much feels like "Joseph and the rest" rather than a JoJo and his JoBros.

Overall, the first season of JoJo's isn't without its flaws but it's certainly good enough to keep you invested for future parts, which are significantly better...

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders (Seasons 1 & 2) - 8.5/10

Much like Battle Tendency, Stardust Crusaders learns its lessons from previous parts and makes significant improvements. This part is the most "iconic" JoJo part (the official JoJo subreddit is named after this part), and it certainly deserves to be.

The most significant change in Stardust Crusaders is the introduction of Stands - manifestations of a person's soul and fighting spirit. Stands are arguably the most versatile power system in shonen manga, with fights being won based on who makes better use of their Stand's strengths than who can hit the hardest. The added cerebral element to battles means the "monster of the week" formula that Stardust Crusaders follows doesn't wear thin, and there's a good amount of variety in battles throughout the show's 48-episode run. That being said, my biggest criticism of the series is that I felt some of the Stand Users in Season 2 were underwhelming compared to their Season 1 counterparts, meaning the powerscaling stayed stagnant in S2 until the final 2 battles (which were both incredible, by the way).

The biggest improvement in Stardust Crusaders is its use of the supporting cast/JoBros - each member of the Crusaders has their own story, motivation and reasons for fighting, and actually feel like characters rather than the cardboard cutouts we get in previous parts. Each member of the team get their moments to shine, and even though Jotaro, this part's JoJo, gets most of the fights, there's still a good distribution of battles amongst the main cast, with group fights also being a thing (unthinkable in a shonen, I know). Speaking of Jotaro, his stoic demeanour brings a different kind of charisma to the table than Joseph did in Part 2, and for some he's too bland, but he really grew on me as the series continued, and by the end he became my favourite JoJo.

All in all, Stardust Crusaders is a series that can compete with the big names of shonen, and is (in my opinion) a "must-watch" for anyone who enjoys battle anime. You have to watch Parts 1 and 2 first, though. Skipping parts is not allowed.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable - 10/10

I am aware of how it looks when someone gives a series a 10, especially when they're given out too easily. But I promise, I'm not just being lazy here. JoJo Part 4 is, in this reviewer's humble opinion, a series worthy of that perfect score.

The first thing to note with this part is the change in scale - whereas Parts 2 and 3 were these grand, globe-spanning adventures, Part 4 takes place in the small Japanese town of Morioh. Whilst this doesn't seem like it should be a big deal, it ends up allowing Araki to develop his one weakness - his use of supporting cast members. Whilst he did it relatively well in Stardust Crusaders, things simply move up a level in DiU. Because we're spending all our time in this small town, we end up bumping into familiar faces over and over again, meaning that the usual small group of "JoBros" ends up feeling much bigger, even though there's arguably only four "official" members of the Morioh Warriors (Josuke (main JoJo), Jotaro, Koichi and Okuyasu). As viewers, the opportunity to familiarise ourselves with the cast of the show to this level really allows us to invest in each and every one of them - every win feels like our win, and every loss hurts that little bit more.

Since we're speaking about cast, I guess now's a better time than any to mention our "main" gang, starting with our JoJo. Josuke, unlike the protagonists of parts 1-3, feels like a normal school kid. "Cool. So what?", I hear you ask. The relative normalcy in Josuke's life means we get to explore a side of him that isn't explored in previous JoJo protagonists. We get to see him hanging around with friends, getting himself into trouble, and we get a better idea of the kind of person he is when he's not in battle. Josuke also exhibits an emotional sensitivity and kindness that we didn't get from previous JoJo's, personality traits that are very much welcomed. Jotaro makes a return in Part 4, and whilst I initially feared he might overshadow our main group, he does quite the opposite, and fits very nicely into the "Speedwagon" role. Koichi, our narrator and one of two main JoBros, is probably the part's most developed character, going from a scared young kid to a proficient Stand User and reliable fighter. Our other main JoBro, Okuyasu, is both an incredibly lovable goof and a perfect foil for Josuke, with the two playing off of each other incredibly well for comedic effect.

Stands have also improved in Part 4 - we see more zany designs and pop culture references, as well as Stands that are used in everyday life rather than as a combat tool. One of my personal favourite "Enemy Stand" episodes revolves around a stand named "Pearl Jam", which is used by a cook in an Italian restaurant. There's no combat in the episode whatsoever, but the use of the Stand is creative and there's an underlying tension throughout the episode, as Josuke becomes suspicious that the cook is trying to poison them, when in reality the cook's intentions are purely good.

The art and music in this part bring a unique feel to the town of Morioh, as well. The yellow skies and purple trees, as well as the very cartoon-like art style bring a surreal vibe to the part, as well as setting it apart from Parts 1-3. The funk rock-oriented soundtrack also brings with it a laid-back vibe that wasn't there in previous parts. But what's most impressive about the artistic direction behind this part is the cohesiveness - the series knows exactly what it wants to be, and it maintains the same levels of creativity from beginning to end. And even when the tone begins to shift as the mysteries behind Morioh begin to unfold, the art stays vibrant and colourful. There's also elements of foreshadowing that can be identified even on a first watch through - meaning that we're expecting certain things to be explained/resolved as the series goes on, and when those things come up, we think "oh yeah, that was that thing we saw a few episodes ago that never really got explained." Just so you know what I mean by "foreshadowing that can be identified on a first watch through", here's the first 2 minutes of DiU:

That first scene, up to the title card, is honestly the best opening scene I've seen from an anime, and that sense of unease that we get from it is something that the series continues to play with. And in case it wasn't obvious enough, the "foreshadowing" is all the stuff with the hand, lol. (There's also foreshadowing in the scene in the taxi, but that's only something that people who've already seen the part will catch)

There's still aspects of Part 4 that I haven't talked about (most notably the main villain), but I can't put everything I loved about this season of JoJo into words, nor do I think words could do it justice. It truly delivered on every possible front, telling a compelling story with loveable characters whilst also taking creative risks with the art and animation that more than paid off. I haven't seen an anime quite like it, and I doubt I'll see anything like it in the future, even from JoJo's. A season of anime that's thoroughly deserving of a 10/10.

PirateKing_D_Luffy likes this.
  11. Marco Polo

“super moderator”
    Expand Collapse

#11 Marco Polo, Mar 29, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2019
    Run With The Wind

rwtw.jpg
    Released: Fall 2018
    Genres: Sports, Drama, Comedy
    Because this series is a lot shorter than all four parts of JoJo, I can take my time and go in depth with this. I'll try and include a TL;DR or something at the end for those of you who don't like textwalls, too. Also, the score's going at the end so you have no choice but to read my justifications first. There will be spoilers in the review, so if you haven't finished the series yet do take care.

Run With the Wind is an anime from the Fall 2018 Season, based off the 2006 novel by Shion Muira. The story focuses on a group of university students who are roped into joining their university's track and field team by the group's "leader", Kiyose Haiji. Haiji's ambition is to run in the Hakone Ekiden, a team marathon that takes place in Japan every New Year. To run in the Hakone Ekiden, the team needs a minimum of ten members - we join the story just as Haiji finds his tenth member - a broke first-year student named Kurahara Kakeru, who Haiji finds on the street after Kakeru has just stolen bread from a convenience store. At the beginning of the series, everyone is opposed to running, especially Kakeru, who has had his own running-related trauma in the past. However, through Haiji's efforts, they all eventually go along with the idea, and gradually find their own reasons to run.

Run With The Wind is adapted from a novel rather than a manga, and as a result the overall story writing is on a different level to pretty much every other sports anime - the only sports series that competes out of the ones I've seen is Haikyuu. Every detail, both major and minor, that is introduced is addressed within the show's duration, meaning that when we reach the ending, we aren't sitting there thinking "But what about that thing that happened to [character]?". Each plot point is neatly wrapped up with enough detail for us to be satisfied, but not so much that we're overloaded or even bored with information. The story progression is very character-centric (more on characters later), and the overall mood of the series develops and grows alongside our main character, Kakeru. Early on in the series, while he's still tense and warming up to everyone, that tension is transferred to us as viewers, who just want the gang to get along. As Kakeru's relationships with both his teammates and himself improve and he opens up, that tension gradually dissipates. That build and release of tension isn't just with Kakeru either; each character has their moments, whether it's on the race track or back at Aotake. By the time we reach the Ekiden, all that tension is released, and all that's left is for them to enjoy the fruits of the hard work we've seen them putting in. Just by reaching the Ekiden, they've already won regardless of finishing position. This freedom allows us to see the conclusion of each character's arc during their section of the marathon, and these were by far the best episodes of the show's run - we go from seeing the ten of them as one big unit to ten individuals, all running their own paths.

The character art was actually what got me to try the first episode of this - as a big Haikyuu fan, the familiar art style is what hooked me in. The character designs are very Haikyuu, but that's to be expected since it's Production I.G. in charge. The similarity isn't a bad thing, though, as the designs are genuinely reflective of each member's personality, and those personalities are unique enough that you completely forget about the Haikyuu lookalike thing. The backdrops and scene designs were all very good as well, with some stunning scenery in the "woodlands training arc" section. The running animations were all very well done too, but the most outstanding work on this front was the "Zone" style running, where we see vivid visualisations of a runner's high. Episode 22, which was probably the best of the series, made use of this runner's high to great effect and produced some stunning visuals. Other than that, everything was clean without being outstanding, and the facial expressions were very fluid and well animated. There was also a fantastic scene in Episode 4, where Kakeru is reliving tough situations in his recent past, literally running from one scene to another. The cuts and transitions in this scene were smooth, and the mixture of foggy and clear visuals evoked the feeling of being inside Kakeru's memories.
    The OST was good without being outstanding, too - it served its most basic function as a tool for adding emotion in the right places. Openings and endings were also well done, with the second OP/ED combo being the stronger of the two - the second ending theme was probably the strongest piece of music on the soundtrack. Visually and sonically, the show falls into the "very good" category, with no noticeable declines in quality.

Run With The Wind's strongest point, however, was its main cast. All ten of the main cast were well-developed, distinctive and unique characters that had magnificent chemistry. Each member had their own clear, complete arc through the series, and none of them felt neglected at any point. Whilst Kakeru and Haiji's arcs were the core which the plot revolved around, the subplots for each of the other members were given the proper time and space to breathe and develop, and ended up feeling equal in importance to the central arcs. The highlight of the show's stunning character work was re-iterated in the Ekiden "arc", which has considerably raised the show's MyAnimeList rating, where each character gets their moment in the spotlight as they run their section of the marathon. We spend a bit of time with each of them, finding out how running has changed them, and their reason for seeing this Ekiden thing through to the end. Each member wants to do their best for the team, but at the same time, each of them has their own motivations, and their own "finish line" that they're striving to reach. Whilst they're running alone, each and every one of them knows that they couldn't have got to where they are without the hard work of the other nine members of the team.
    But most importantly, each member of our main cast feels "real" - like someone that you'd actually meet at university/college. There's nothing outrageous or unrealistic about any of their personalities, struggles or motivations, and that makes them that much easier to relate with. By having a group of identifiable characters, the themes that the story presents through their struggles resonate with us that little bit more. Most of us have been through King's struggle of not being able to land a job. Most of us have been in Shindo's situation where we try and please everyone, only to lose someone important in the process. And I'd say that almost all of us have been through Kakeru's struggle of regretting something we did in the past to the point that all we want to do is run away.
    The small supporting cast is also used to good effect, ticking all the sports anime trope boxes excellently. The most notable character of the support group is Fujioka, the captain of the running team that have won the Ekiden three years running and is Haiji's old highschool friend. Both incredibly strong and wonderfully eloquent, he provides a benchmark for Kakeru in terms of running standards, but is also somewhat of a mentor for him - his earnest support of Haiji's dream catalyses Kakeru's change in heart.

Overall, Run With the Wind is a show that starts off well without being noticeably outstanding, but improves with each episode until it delivers a finale that's one of the most gratifying of any anime across any genre - the Ekiden episodes are genuinely masterpiece quality. The show tugs on the emotions at all the right moments, and whilst it doesn't over-rely on funny moments, it knows when to use them to good effect - we don't have any major emotional moments ruined by an awkward joke (even Your Lie in April got that wrong once or twice and I consider that the "gold standard" for "feelsy" anime). There's a likeable main cast that are easy to get behind and invest in, and the problems they face and their eventual solutions to them are ones that any one of us watching can achieve.

It took me a while to decide on the score for this - watching a show almost weekly for 23 episodes means that events in earlier episodes can be forgotten and their quality forgotten. However, re-watching a few of those episodes re-affirmed what I'd felt at the end of the series, which is that this show is one of the standouts of its genre, and sets itself apart from its more well-known peers. Sure, it uses tropes that we now see as "generic", but it executes them that little bit better than the rest. After watching a few early episodes, I watched the last 2 episodes again and those confirmed what score I'd give it.

All in all, I feel that Run With the Wind is a real sleeper hit from its season, and is thoroughly deserving of a:

10/10

PirateKing_D_Luffy and Kia like this.
  12. Marco Polo

“super moderator”
    Expand Collapse

Kakegurui xx

kakeguruixx.jpg
    Released: Winter 2019
    Genres: Game, Mystery, Psychological, Drama, School, Shonen
    I'm breaking the doubleposting rule, how naughty of me. Anyway, review time. Watch out for SPOILERS in this review.

Kakegurui xx is the second season of the anime adaptation of Kakegurui, the manga written by Homura Kawamoto and drawn by Tooru Naomura. Kakegurui tells the story of Hyakkaou Private Academy, a school with a very large gambling ring. Students in the school put their wealth, social status, and even lives on the line, all in the interest of a fun gamble. The protagonist, Jabami Yumeko, is a transfer student with an insatiable thirst for a fun gamble. The second season follows off from the anime-original ending of Season 1, and tells the story of the Student Council elections, which are being infiltrated by the family of the current president, Kirari Momobami. It appears her clan are all a bunch of highly skilled gamblers, ready to come for her throne...

The story for Season 2 jumps right into the middle of an Election gamble with very little explanation to what's going on, other than that there's a gamble. It isn't until the end of this episode and the start of episode 2 that we begin to learn about the election subplot. Once that subplot is revealed, the gamble that began in Episode 1 reaches its conclusion. Whilst I don't think it was bad, having read this part in the manga, I don't think the anime gained anything from telling the story out of order - in fact, introducing the Momobami clan before starting the gambles, as it was in the source material, might have had a little more impact - as the clan's statement of intent is somewhat dampened by one of its members already being in a losing position in a gamble. Other than that, the story is very much more of the same from Season 1, with gambles generally lasting 1 and a half to two episodes, and finishing on another anime original finale. However, whilst the Season 1 finale was a nice round-off to everything that had happened, Season 2's felt rather lacklustre and anti-climactic in comparison. The other major story movement was the "Tower of Doors" gamble that took place over the course of Episodes 9 and 10 - in the manga, this took place between the events of Season 1 and Season 2 - however, for obvious reasons it was moved. Whilst it slowed the momentum that the series had generated over previous episodes, I thought the directors did a good job of giving the gamble meaning and making it entertaining enough that we don't mind taking time away from the election.

The art and animation was very much the same as Season 1. The work done on the facial expressions and still shots was excellent, and there were no obvious dips in visual quality. Whilst there's definite sexualisation of female characters going on here, I think that it's been handled in a way that makes it feel like it's part of the characters' nature rather than forced fanservice, which is a big plus. The same goes for the music - much like Season 1, the soundtrack is solid if not familiar, with some very grandiose instrumentation that makes you feel as if you're in a high-end casino. The opening theme, whilst not bad, doesn't compare to Season 1's "Deal With the Devil" in terms of song quality, but the visuals are equal to it, if not better. The ending theme is good but not noteworthy.

Kakegurui's characters are a bit of a mixed bag - a lot of characters are introduced to the cast, but a lot are left underdeveloped. We can't really invest in a lot of the Momobami Clan members, besides Rei (who's an anime original), and the members that are defeated simply disappear once they've lost. The returning cast members are very hit-and-miss for me - whilst I'm a fan of Yumeko and Kirari, I find myself getting genuinely irritated every time Saotome or Midari (eyepatch girl) are on screen, and Kirari's secretary was probably the least likeable character of the bunch - even though we see the Tower of Doors from her perspective, I couldn't help but root against her every step of the way. I mentioned Rei earlier, and I thought she was a real strong point of the series - even though her turn was inevitable, having a character that had a distaste for gambling provided a nice contrast, even if only for a little while. And whilst her turn initially had me excited for a grand finale, I felt that her defeat came far too easily and her character resolution unsatisfying. Her inclusion also introduced a plot element that was never really explained within the series - the "surname hierarchy" within the extended Momobami clan - can the strength of all these "-bami" people be determined by how high up the tree their surname is?

Furthermore, I feel that Yumeko is still far too one-dimensional - even though that one dimension is entertaining, there will come a time when simply having a gambling fetish won't be substantial as far as motivation goes. There's been hints at family tragedy, and her ties to the Momobami clan almost certainly bring a chequered past, however none of these elements are explored. But since we ended the season right in the middle of an arc, it may be that we don't find out any of her origins until Season 3.

Overall, I feel that Kakegurui's second season doesn't quite live up to the thrill that was its first season (which wasn't without its flaws, by the way), and doesn't really bring anything extra to the table - since everything is already so high stakes, there aren't many places for the series to go. That being said, it's still a decent watch, and it's held my interest enough for me to tune in for another season - if there is one.

My final score for Kakegurui xx is:

6.5/10

Kia likes this.
  13. PirateKing_D_Luffy

Expand Collapse

Thank you, sports and workout motivation animes are my interest.

I will be watching it next :-)

14. KKG

KKG
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Nande kono ni sensei ga 8/10
    Tate no Yuusha Nariagari 8/10
    Yes,it has a good story and animation,and the character is actually a good person,i was wrong when i thought he was weak because of using a shield.
    Until now it was good,i hope i don't have to wait to long for new episodes

15. PirateKing_D_Luffy

Expand Collapse

@Marco Polo I am not able to find any link to watch ' Run with the wind' series.

Please assist.

16. Dreamer

I'm more like a stone than a snowflake
    Busoshoku Haki Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

#16 Dreamer, Aug 12, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2019
    Last Friday I was searching a movie to watch from the library. I found nothing interesting, so I loaned Hayao Miyazaki's Sherlock Hound (the complete series). I finished the series during the weekend and I'm glad that I loaned it :).

The opening song was catchy and lively but also relaxing at some points. Main characters of the series were entertaining. Episodes were interesting and they kept my attention all the time.

However, there's some minor minuses.

Mrs. Hudson's character was a little bit too Mary Sue-ish in my taste. And I was a little bit disappointed that Arsène Lupin or Irene Adler didn't appear in the series. Some episodes didn't show what Holmes and others did after cases were solved, making those episodes feel a little unfinished. The last episode didn't meet my expectations. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed watching that episode but I thought that it would be Sherlock VS Moriarty at the waterfall.

But all in all, Sherlock Hound was a good anime and I would gladly watch it again anytime. So I give score 8.5/10 to Sherlock Hound :smile:.