1. The results of the Member of the Year voting are in... Find out who won!
  2. The Monthly PAW February 2020 is out now. Check it out!
  3. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

Rate the last film you watched

Discussion in 'Media' started by frankiej, Sep 20, 2012.

1. Kia

Kia
    “Don’t try to find a reason for somebody’s love.”
    Supernova Member of the Year 2019
    Expand Collapse

I’m stoked to see this. It was filmed in a single, continuous take I heard! ^_^

2. Mapache

means raccoon
    Supernova
    Expand Collapse

I heard other people praise the camerawork too. They said very large sets were built for the movie just so they could film long scenes with the camera going through the whole set without any cuts.

3. Admiral Ryokugyu

New Marineford
    Captain
    Expand Collapse

I still can't believe how they pulled it off, speechless

4. R1pp3r D. Pervert

Unofficial forum mod
    Supernova
    Expand Collapse

1917 10/10 idd !!! though... its just been released in cinema here in SI, its already out as torrent xD
    Bad Boys 3 / Bad Boys For Life --- AWESOME buddy cop action comedy :D i really recommend it ! ... its different from 1 and 2nd movie but still awesome!

5. R1pp3r D. Pervert

Unofficial forum mod
    Supernova
    Expand Collapse

The last full measure. for me personally...since i'm a sucker for this kind of movies.... its a 9.5/10. Usually i dont watch drama but boy o boy...

I DO RECOMMEND it if you like War / Drama genre.

6. LadyGhost

Queen of the Ghosts
    Helmsman
    Expand Collapse

The last one I watched was "Rise Of The Guardians", and I have seen it before, yet I like it as much as I did the first time. The story is good, the characters are realistic, the voice actors are fantastic and the animation is just spot on. That and I am so in love with Pitch, he is just perfect and such a relatable, also I ship him with Jack so much.

Hm if I was to rate it, damn it's hard, I am not one to give out high scores, so a 6 or 7 is high for me, but I think I will even go to give the movie a 8/10, because I would have liked another ending. Still if you haven't watched it yet, I recommend it!

7. Cleand

Forum Granpa
    Captain
    Expand Collapse

Weathering With You - 7/10

Kinda weirded out by the premise but the animation was good. Your Name still has a better plot and “that” surprise factor.

8. R1pp3r D. Pervert

Unofficial forum mod
    Supernova
    Expand Collapse

Frozen II I liked it a lot :) I cried, I laughed, I sobbed, I giggled... I mean overall really fun movie :D ... sad I had to wait for torrent... donno who but 1 retard decided only DUB version 'd be released in my country... GG retard.

9. Marco Polo

"administrator"
    Administrator Member of the Year 2018
    Expand Collapse

Dolemite Is My Name: 9/10

I’m a fan of biopic-style films and this one was a really fun one. Eddie Murphy is brilliant, as is the entire cast, and it’s made me want to watch the original Dolemite movie. I can’t remember if I reviewed Disaster Artist on here, but it’s basically Disaster Artist for blaxploitation films

10. LadyGhost

Queen of the Ghosts
    Helmsman
    Expand Collapse

1917 and damn I have a hard time rating it. It looked freaking amazing, I was so impressed! The music is perfect and I loved it. However, the plot didn't got me as involved as I would have hoped. It it important that when you do a war movie, that you don't only focus on the relationships and loses the war aspect, but here I felt that they lost some of the relationship and if you don't care about the characters, well I lose some of the interest then.

Nonetheless it is a good movie, so maybe a 6/10, and remember I often give lower scores than others, so to get a super high score for me you need to do so many things perfect. I could rise it to 7/10 just because it looked so freaking good, but I feel that it would be a stretch, 6,5/10 maybe, okay somewhere around there.

11. jal90

Apprentice Member
    Expand Collapse

The salt of the Earth (2014) is an interesting and gorgeous-looking documentary that follows the career of Brazilian photographer Sebastião Salgado. A couple things bug me, namely the seeming lack of awareness of the huge difference in lens between Salgado's background (wealthy family, privileged) and the marginalized people he portrayed in his photographs. It feels a bit... frivolous? at times, like how the documentary just rambles about people dying from famine and then just casually praises Salgado as an adventurer who could turn his life around any time he wanted because he had the resources to do so. And not that it's his fault, but the narration feels a bit tone-deaf with that aspect more often than it should. Luckily, this is only a more or less big issue for the first half. Other than that, pretty good film. 7/10

12. Yosnob D

M E L A N C H O L Y ™
    Crew Member
    Expand Collapse

Parasite ( 2019 ) - 9/10

No wonder this film won most awards at the Oscars 2020. Honestly, i cant understand my feelings while watching this movie :tearsofjoy:
    Highly recommended!

13. Admiral Ryokugyu

New Marineford
    Captain
    Expand Collapse

Sonic The Hedgehog

Good movie. The CGI is well done, and picking Jim Carrey for Dr. Robotnik was a correct move. I enjoyed it, and looking forward to the sequel.

14. LadyGhost

Queen of the Ghosts
    Helmsman
    Expand Collapse

I finally got around to watch Everest!

I knew the story by heart, seeing that I have watched documentaries about it before, and listened to podcasts, still wanted to watch the movie. And it's very well made, and made me cry, as I expected. The actors does an amazing job and it looks good.

I think I would give it a 7 or 8 out of 10. And I would really recommend it.