1. Check out our latest video "One Piece Discussion: Wano Hype!" and discuss it with us!
  2. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

Return of Enel:Enel vs. Dragon

Discussion in 'One Piece Theories' started by Sapath Thapaliya, Sep 3, 2018.

1. Sapath Thapaliya

Expand Collapse

(Hello,I am new to the group and don't know if anyone has done this or thought about it....)

Now,at this point many of us fans are convinced that god enel is sure to make a comeback on the series any time sooner;and I personally believe that when this god descends from the sky to the seas below,I believe it's gonna be Enel vs. Dragon.

First, Enel is based on god Raijin from Japanese mythology,he is the thunder god and shoots lightning and stuff.Every shrine of Raijin is said to have a statue of Fujin,the god of storm and they are destined to fight each other.we know that Dragon controls winds and storm,so he may very well be based on Fujin.

The best part is I found Raijin vs Fujin in several other animes and mangas. If you guys have been following Hajime no Ippo manga, the protagonist Ippo is given the ring name of Fujin whereas his long and possibly final rival,Miyata has been given the title Raijin.
    It can also be seen in Naruto,as Naruto having wind attribute, making him Fujin and Sasuke having lightning attribute,makes him Raijin.
    So,I believe that there will be a showdown between Enel and Dragon in future chapters!!!What do you guys think?

Seiryu and Hallowed King like this.
  2. Hallowed King

Expand Collapse

I think that could be entirely feasible with regards to them being based on the two God's you mentioned. The main thing that makes me feel it wouldn't happen is the fact that we know One Piece is nearing the end of its lifespan so Oda should/could have started eluding to this earlier on. In other manga the two based off these characters have always been two of the main (if not the main) characters, so a good precursor to this would be an increase in Enel and Dragon's roles and appearances. There have been theories sprouting that Enel could be Im, so if that were to happen it would make the likelihood of them meeting increase a great amount. I think it could be a great showdown though

3. Glaze D. Bacon

Light it up.
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

It's nice that there are references to mythology in your theory, but I don't see what will cause Eneru/Dragon to be provoked and fight.

Kia and Hallowed King like this.
  4. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

Welcome to the forum! Specifically for Enel vs. Dragon, nothing has been created (please search in the future though just to be sure). There are a bunch of theories on Enel's eventual return to the main plot, and that's pretty much a 100% guarantee based on the cover story. I would definitely lean toward Enel being a third party ally against the Government. Luffy will need massive minions since most of his powerhouse allies are already established, and the combination of Enel's logia and the production plant allows for however many bots Luffy needs.